• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

MST3K and RiffTrax

Started by ItsOver, July 12, 2014, 11:09:58 AM

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 22, 2015, 11:46:54 PM
The Internet knows we've been talking about the return of MST3K, because I've seen a couple of Turkey Day ads here in place of the usual melting pot of international dating sites today.  Has anyone else seen those?

Ah, negatory on the T-bird Daze ads so far, Reggie. Still getting plenty of those Suicide Prevention Hotline banners. Over.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 23, 2015, 12:00:43 AM
Ah, negatory on the T-bird Daze ads so far, Reggie. Still getting plenty of those Suicide Prevention Hotline banners. Over.

Copy that, Batgod.  If you're getting those suicide ads, you must be hauling dynamite again, good buddy, so take care, y'hear?  I'd hate to see you get blown up, because you still owe me a Stuckey's pecan roll.  Over.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 23, 2015, 12:20:27 AM
Copy that, Batgod.  If you're getting those suicide ads, you must be hauling dynamite again, good buddy, so take care, y'hear?  I'd hate to see you get blown up, because you still owe me a Stuckey's pecan roll.  Over.

Roger Dodger, Jolly Roger.  Should hit Stuckey's by dawn.  Will layover in Eureka Springs, Ark. Over and out.

WAY OUT

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 23, 2015, 12:36:08 AM

Roger Dodger, Jolly Roger.  Should hit Stuckey's by dawn.  Will layover in Eureka Springs, Ark. Over and out.

WAY OUT

I'll be coming back from Tonopah about that time, so that should put us both in Tehachapi on Tuesday. Keep your ears on.  Over and out.

BTW, here's my new rig, Cam.  Watch for it in your rear view mirror.

ItsOver

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 23, 2015, 11:24:52 AM
Jeepers!  Here's my new work vehicle.

Felicia Day as the new Mad, "Kinga Forrester," daughter of Dr. Clayton Forrester.

Voices of the bots will be Hampton Yount (Crow) and Baron Vaughn (Servo).

Felicia:

link to announcement:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mst3k/bringbackmst3k/posts/1423502

Keep Circulating the URL
www.bringbackmst3k.com

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 23, 2015, 11:24:52 AM

Quote from: ItsOver on November 23, 2015, 12:09:04 PM
Jeepers!  Here's my new work vehicle.

Looks like we're all on the same page for this great gathering of sinister metal.  After my layover, I'm switching to my personal vehicle:

*from Wrong Turn (2003)

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 23, 2015, 05:22:31 PM
Felicia Day as the new Mad, "Kinga Forrester," daughter of Dr. Clayton Forrester.

Voices of the bots will be Hampton Yount (Crow) and Baron Vaughn (Servo).

Felicia:

link to announcement:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mst3k/bringbackmst3k/posts/1423502

Keep Circulating the URL
www.bringbackmst3k.com
Felicia, Hampton, and Baron?  Oh, man, I don't know Cam.  Please don't tell me Buffy Winchester will be Gypsy.

Quote from: ItsOver on November 23, 2015, 07:31:13 PM
Felicia, Hampton, and Baron?  Oh, man, I don't know Cam.  Please don't tell me Buffy Winchester will be Gypsy.

I trust Joel's instincts.

Plus. I enjoy deceptive redheads.

I would like for Jon Hamm to play Gypsy.  Just to make everyone  in the business go

"What ..... the .....  fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuddddddddddge?"

"From Mad Men to sweaty puppeteer?  Are you crazy?"

"Jon, don't do this.  I'm begging you."

Thanks for the update, Batgod!  Not surprisingly, I'm not familiar with the cast members, so I need to check them out on YouTube.  The Daughter of Doctor Forrester must take after her mother, although that may not be a good thing.  She's certainly quite fetching, but she has a look in her eyes, which when combined with that particular turn of the head and slight baring of the teeth, is one that took several unfortunate lessons to teach me to avoid.  Carly Fiorina flashes one very much like it, when she gets worked up, although hers is considerably more terrifying.

And it looks like between IO, you, and me we just might have enough truck to take on this nasty piece of alien possessed earth moving equipment.

Well, I didn't immediately like TV's Frank, to be honest.  There was a learning curve for me.  I figure I will just

KEEP
CALM
and
TRUST JOEL

keep circulating the URL
http://www.bringbackmst3k.com/

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 23, 2015, 11:01:31 PM
I trust Joel's instincts.

Plus. I enjoy deceptive redheads.

I would like for Jon Hamm to play Gypsy.  Just to make everyone  in the business go

"What ..... the .....  fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuddddddddddge?"

"From Mad Men to sweaty puppeteer?  Are you crazy?"

"Jon, don't do this.  I'm begging you."

I haven't had any experience with Joel since his MST3K days.  I hope you're right, Cam.  I just hope he hasn't gone all East Coast on us, ala SNL.  Otherwise, I'll look forward to Mike and the boys doing a RiffTrax take-down of "MST3K - The politically correct, diverse, and inclusive days."

ItsOver

Quote from: Étouffée on November 24, 2015, 12:58:41 AM
Well, I didn't immediately like TV's Frank, to be honest.  There was a learning curve for me.  I figure I will just

KEEP
CALM
and
TRUST JOEL

keep circulating the URL
http://www.bringbackmst3k.com/
Yeah, I took to Frank pretty quickly.  Pearl and Bobo really never completely took with me but still WAY better than Weinstein.  Murphy blew him out the water.  New isn't always bad.  Just don't make it new to be new.

Quote from: ItsOver on November 24, 2015, 11:52:29 AM

What the deuce?!  Mike is looking mean and trim in hipster jeans but is bookended by what appears to be members of a neighborhood loose-pants wearing Bocce league! 

(I also have the undeniable urge to post the pic on the "My Ears are Addicted to Q-Tips" topic.)

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 24, 2015, 12:20:22 AM
And it looks like between IO, you, and me we just might have enough truck to take on this nasty piece of alien possessed earth moving equipment.

Is that who I think it is? Is that the infamous Eddie Coyle Killdozer?

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 24, 2015, 01:29:32 PM
What the deuce?!  Mike is looking mean and trim in hipster jeans but is bookended by what appears to be members of a neighborhood loose-pants wearing Bocce league! 

They also look the members of any one of the several hundred seventies cover bands to be found playing at Legion Halls throughout the country on any given Saturday night.

And that is indeed Killdozer. 

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 24, 2015, 01:47:43 PM
They also look the members of any one of the several hundred seventies cover bands to be found playing at Legion Halls throughout the country on any given Saturday night.

And that is indeed Killdozer.

I can easily visualize such a cover band emitting vintage AC/DC in such a drunken setting:

"She's got the jack jack jack jack jack jack jack... She's got the jack!"

(much enthusiastic whooping and hollering flood the watering hole)

In a very short time since officially announcing the next Mad, funding has jumped from 2.5 million to almost 2.7, at 2, 685,000.

(I bet the self proclaimed Kickstarter experts didn't predict such a spike.)

Will 5.5 be reached?  I hope so.  As the campaign is but halfway expired, I have a good feeling 3.3 will certainly be eclipsed, which will guarantee SIX new episodes!

Joel is alluding to releasing some sought after early KTMA episodes if 3.3 million is reached by the end of Thanksgiving Day. 

The earliest aired KTMA episodes have never made it to the digital bootleg market.  But he may also be referring to the ultra short, never-aired pilot, wherein a treatment was created using The Green Slime.  No one knows for sure what his plans are.

The MST3K community is buzzing like a nest of hornets on crack.

Keep circulating the URL
www.bringbackmst3k.com

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 24, 2015, 02:08:38 PM
I can easily visualize such a cover band emitting vintage AC/DC in such a drunken setting:

Like most of their kind, they never got the hang of playing the opening riff of "Smoke on the Water" the way God and Ritchie Blackmore (who are pretty much one and the same in the latter's estimation) intended.

http://guitarinternational.com/2011/07/15/why-you-probably-play-smoke-on-the-water-wrong-ritchie-blackmore-teaches-us-the-right-way/

And I thought of posting this in the "Things that bring me joy" thread, but I'll do it here since we're talking music.  I just got about the eighth offer in the past three months for a business credit card for my music publishing company.  It really makes a guy feel important considering I made not quite three bucks in royalties this year. 

eddie dean

wow! a crowdfunding page for Mystery Science Theater 3000!! this is one of the most awesome things I've seen all year!
crowdfunding is becoming quite the powerful revenue source for many.
Check out a doc film called Capital C which explores the CF paradigm shift in the entertainment and indy inventor industry.

I'm in for a MST3k t-shirt. Can't wait to see the new episodes.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 24, 2015, 02:41:33 PM
And I thought of posting this in the "Things that bring me joy" thread, but I'll do it here since we're talking music.  I just got about the eighth offer in the past three months for a business credit card for my music publishing company.  It really makes a guy feel important considering I made not quite three bucks in royalties this year.

I take it that you do not own any portion of the catalogs for The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Elvis, Michael Jackson, and Englebert Humperdink.

Quote from: eddie dean on November 24, 2015, 02:51:49 PM
wow! a crowdfunding page for Mystery Science Theater 3000!! this is one of the most awesome things I've seen all year!
crowdfunding is becoming quite the powerful revenue source for many.
Check out a doc film called Capital C which explores the CF paradigm shift in the entertainment and indy inventor industry.

I'm in for a MST3k t-shirt. Can't wait to see the new episodes.

You are a saint, Eddie, and have not forgotten the face of your father!

Keep circulating the URL
www.bringbackmst3k.com

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 24, 2015, 02:57:28 PM
I take it that you do not own any portion of the catalogs for The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Elvis, Michael Jackson, and Englebert Humperdink.

Not even Blodwyn Pig or Blackmore's Night.

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 24, 2015, 02:08:38 PM

In a very short time since officially announcing the next Mad, funding has jumped from 2.5 million to almost 2.7, at 2, 685,000.

(I bet the self proclaimed Kickstarter experts didn't predict such a spike.)

Will 5.5 be reached?  I hope so.  As the campaign is but halfway expired, I have a good feeling 3.3 will certainly be eclipsed, which will guarantee SIX new episodes!

Joel is alluding to releasing some sought after early KTMA episodes if 3.3 million is reached by the end of Thanksgiving Day. 

The earliest aired KTMA episodes have never made it to the digital bootleg market.  But he may also be referring to the ultra short, never-aired pilot, wherein a treatment was created using The Green Slime.  No one knows for sure what his plans are.

The MST3K community is buzzing like a nest of hornets on crack.

Keep circulating the URL
www.bringbackmst3k.com
I'm not in until they prove themselves worthy.  I choked when I saw Joel's comment with something about "accommodating the younger generation."  Heh?  F those young'uns.  Hell, they're not even worthy of being called young whippersnappers.  Let them get their own MST3K.  Wait a minute maybe they have.  Have you sold us out, Jooooeeeeeel!  :o 

"Show me the hamdingers!"

Quote from: ItsOver on November 24, 2015, 03:24:34 PM
I'm not in until they prove themselves worthy.  I choked when I saw Joel's comment with something about "accommodating the younger generation."  Heh?  F those young'uns.  Hell, they're not even worthy of being called young whippersnappers.  Let them get their own MST3K.  Wait a minute maybe they have.  Have you sold us out, Jooooeeeeeel!  :o 

"Show me the hamdingers!"

We must transfer the meme, else all is lost and MST3k goes the way of the pharaohs!

Keep circulating the URL
www.bringbackmst3k.com

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 24, 2015, 03:54:27 PM
We must transfer the meme, else all is lost and MST3k goes the way of the pharaohs!
Yes!  Praise be to Servo, bot above all bots.  May his programming remain true!

2,756,143.00 already reached.

Joel asked for $2.75M to be reached before the Turkey Day Marathon begins.

~ Pledges are getting a little ahead of schedule at this point. ~ 

All the naysayers are scratching their heads... they believed that after the funding minimum of $2M was reached that pledges would screech to a halt... yet the halfway point to the ultimate goal of $5.5M has been reached before the halfway point of the campaign has been reached.

Why?

Because MST3K is a monster and its community is composed of rabid fans that have been dismissed by the suits at various networks for far too long.  And you can bet that many are waiting to donate during the marathon or the last day of the campaign.

Because 2.75 was reached: in addition to the already defined rewards, all pledges of $35 and above will also be given free downloads of six classic MST3K episodes retailed at $60.

That $35 level also includes the digital download of the first NEW episode in full HD, and it is DRM free.

I'm old school and like my MST3K episodes on optical media, but I still think these are excellent rewards.  I have renewed faith that $3.3M will be reached by the end of the Turkey Day Marathon, thus unlocking yet another secret bonus related to the oldest episodes of MST3K.

More reward packages being added Wednesday morning, to make available some of the rewards that already sold out.

Amidst all the insanity going on around the world at any given moment, it's good to have something lighthearted upon which to focus.

Can MST3K, old and new, bring world peace?  Oh, gosh hell piss on a rat, no.

But for many, it can bring some peace of mind.

Keep circulating the URL
www.bringbackmst3k.com

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 24, 2015, 11:58:43 PM

Keep circulating the URL

Thus begins and ends The Book of Joel, for no more needeth be said.

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 24, 2015, 11:58:43 PM

...Because MST3K is a monster and its community is composed of rabid fans that have been dismissed by the suits at various networks for far too long.  And you can bet that many are waiting to donate during the marathon or the last day of the campaign.

...I'm old school and like my MST3K episodes on optical media, but I still think these are excellent rewards.  I
Amidst all the insanity going on around the world at any given moment, it's good to have something lighthearted upon which to focus...

Keep circulating the URL
www.bringbackmst3k.com
Blasted suits.  The same soulless bastards who turned C2C into a nighttime wasteland and brought down The Weather Channel with such crap as "Fat Guys in the Woods" and PC names for freaking winter storms.  Bastards.   A public hanging in the town square is too good for them.

Yes, I like having DVDs to have and to hold.