• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The BellGab "New Member" Meet and Greet!

Started by GodsEqual, September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM

anagrammy

Quote from: b_dubb on April 18, 2011, 07:03:57 PM
mel's hole.  i just can't understand why anyone would believe this crap.  is that what inpired the movie "Holes"?

It's like Troll2, the worst movie ever made.  The documentary ABOUT the making of the worst movie, starring a Salt Lake City dentist, ferChrist's sake, almost won an award for the best documentary.  There is a principle best exemplified by, oh, Blair Witch? which says that something can be so bad that it whips right around the arc to being good.

Mel's Hole fits the bill for an Art Bell Show--a parody of itself along the lines of The Colbert Report but before Colbert ever thought of it.

Anagrammy

b_dubb

Colbert is intentional parody.  i'm not entirely sure that the mel's hole episodes of C2C were intentional parody or if it was Art being duped.  by mel's hole

apparently mel's hole is terribly enchanting.  or at least ... mel's hole USeD to be enchanting.  has something gone horribly awry with mel's hole?  has something gone afoul with mel's hole? 

of course.  mel's hole is bullshit

onan

Quote from: anagrammy on April 18, 2011, 07:36:04 PM

The Colbert Report but before Colbert ever thought of it.

Anagrammy

Colbert and his writers are the stuff of genius. Not always easy to understand but always worth the time to listen.

pepsiguy

Quote from: b_dubb on April 18, 2011, 08:31:02 PM
Colbert is intentional parody.  i'm not entirely sure that the mel's hole episodes of C2C were intentional parody or if it was Art being duped.  by mel's hole

apparently mel's hole is terribly enchanting.  or at least ... mel's hole USeD to be enchanting.  has something gone horribly awry with mel's hole?  has something gone afoul with mel's hole? 

of course.  mel's hole is bullshit
Mel`s hole was pure entertainment. That was Art`s magic, taking a Mel`s hole or screams from hell or Art`s parts and compelling you to listen and imagine. Granted, some stories would be more compelling than others, but! I loved being dragged into the unknown, fiction or non. Noory doesn't get it, because NOORY SUCKS!

Usagi

Quote from: pepsiguy on April 22, 2011, 11:59:18 AM
I loved being dragged into the unknown, fiction or non. Noory doesn't get it, because NOORY SUCKS!

Took the words right out of my mouth.

anagrammy

Quote from: George sucks on April 12, 2011, 09:22:27 AM
Greetings folks. Suppose I should post up here. Glad to have found the place. Helps me deal with my Noory problem.

Belated welcome, Georgesucks.  Been enjoying your posts.  I laughed when you mention your Noory problem.  That's what I call mine, too.  The other day one of my neighbors asked me who I was talking to.  She was hearing one of my late night conversations into the air while listening to Coast.  They go like this

Oh, so you weren't even listening, were you Georgie?.........MORON!  She already explained that!......

Could you BE more of an idiot......  NO NO NO .... you did NOT just say that......Mother of God........

So welcome, this is like a support group here and you are in the right place, at the right time.

Anagrammy

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: anagrammy on April 28, 2011, 11:41:37 AM
I laughed when you mention your Noory problem.  That's what I call mine, too.

This man fixes problems.  It's just "what he does."  Call him.  FYI.

Coasted2astop

That's me: "New Member."  Greetings!  ;D

I listened to Coast when it was Mr.Bell's - from the mid-late 90s, very steadily, pretty much every night I could. I've tapered off to about never listening since Noory (and Clear Channel) wrecked the show completely.  From what tiny bit I've read,  I see most here share at least a version of the same Noory distaste I have.

Anyway, been out of the loop, away from Coast for awhile but am looking forward to reading and posting here.  :)

Quote from: Coasted2astop on May 07, 2011, 11:44:33 PM
Anyway, been out of the loop, away from Coast for awhile but am looking forward to reading and posting here.  :)
Ahoy!

anagrammy

I listened to Coast when it was Mr.Bell's - from the mid-late 90s, very steadily, pretty much every night I could. I've tapered off to about never listening since Noory (and Clear Channel) wrecked the show completely.  From what tiny bit I've read,  I see most here share at least a version of the same Noory distaste I have.

Welcome, Coasted, we are all kind of in the same boat.  So welcome aboard as OA says.

Anagrammy

Coasted2astop

Quote from: Agent : Orange on May 07, 2011, 11:46:26 PM
Ahoy!
How nautical of you, A : O.

Me timbers be shivered and I feel like hoisting and battening something..

Backatchya!  ;)

Quote from: Coasted2astop on May 08, 2011, 12:27:13 AM
How nautical of you, A : O.

Me timbers be shivered and I feel like hoisting and battening something..

Backatchya!  ;)

Arrrrrg a fellow lubber! Methinks you'll be getting on fine here matey, provided ye bring yer own grog

Scully

Love your name, "Coasted2astop."  Says a lot.  Welcome to this disgruntled group of people.  I think you'll find us entertaining.  8)

ArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrg!

Coasted2astop

Quote from: anagrammy on May 07, 2011, 11:54:08 PM
Welcome, Coasted, we are all kind of in the same boat.  So welcome aboard as OA says.

Anagrammy
Thanks anagrammy.  Some might say it's a ship of fools, this boat we're in. I don't mean you guys - I don't know enough here to make that call, heheh - but the boatload of us foolish enough to attempt to make sense of most Coast topics. A fool's errand? Maybe..but fun as hell.

Quote from: the_wanderer on May 08, 2011, 12:07:55 AM
you'll find all types here but most tend just to focus on ripping Snoory's hosting ergo lack of skills/talent.  you'll eventually come up with your own 'pet' name for him.
Been there, done that. Ripping Noory is impossible to avoid if you're honest and have ears that hear attached to a working brain. But in the last few years I've typed thousands of words about George's shortcomings. I'm about done. Not that he is improving - quite the opposite from what shows I've heard of his recently. He seems to have went right wing wacko on us? I guess being in that Clear Channel lineup closed whatever sliver of his mind that was open. But if you like ripping into noory, there's plenty of material and he's an easy enough target. More power to you! Nuke him good. He's heard it a million times already tho..I think he's got his ignorance shield fully charged and is numb to all criticism.

Coasted2astop

Quote from: Scully on May 08, 2011, 12:33:56 AM

Love your name, "Coasted2astop."  Says a lot.  Welcome to this disgruntled group of people.  I think you'll find us entertaining.  8)
Already do! Thank you.
;)

MV/Liberace!

thanks to you guys who regularly come here and welcome new members.  i have a hard time keeping up.

onan

Just to let everyone know, the reason I do not post in this thread is I fear I will miss someone and that is just how frikken neurotic I am.

But a global welcome to all, and to those who have returned if you take another absence I will come looking for you... not in a good way.

Quinn

Oh my gosh this site is sheer awesomeness. I belonged to the NH Zone awhile back, but I was disappointed by their Noory adoration and the lack of snark. I'm pleased to have found a forum that is just about the polar opposite. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

valdez

Quote from: Quinn on May 14, 2011, 01:27:39 AM
Oh my gosh this site is sheer awesomeness.
I most definitely agree.  Welcome, Quinn, and all new coastgabbers.

43616_ruin_open_door.jpg

aldousburbank

Oh my gosh this site is sheer awesomeness.

Nearly 100% awesomeness, and 0% harmness.

Scully

Hi, Quinn.  Hope you'll post often.  This forum has slowed down lately.  New blood is a good thing.

Tell it like it is!  We sure do.   :D

EvB

Oh my gosh this site is sheer awesomeness. I belonged to the NH Zone awhile back, but I was disappointed by their Noory adoration and the lack of snark. I'm pleased to have found a forum that is just about the polar opposite. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I'm a bit late welcoming you, Quinn - but WELCOME!

Quinn

Thank you all for the welcome! I feel at home already  :D

Quinn

Quote from: the_wanderer on May 18, 2011, 11:15:36 PM
are you the eskimo dylan sung about?
Ok, I must say, that is awesome that you picked up on that. Yes - I'm a major fan of Bob Dylan.

Saffy

Heh, I had that song running through my head the moment I saw your name, Quinn. I wanted to make a comment immediately, but forced myself to keep reading posts before I did. Thus I avoided the, "Ha! Look how witty I am ... oh wait ..." embarrassment of repeating what someone else already said.

Quinn

Quote from: Saffy on May 19, 2011, 06:51:15 AM
Heh, I had that song running through my head the moment I saw your name, Quinn. I wanted to make a comment immediately, but forced myself to keep reading posts before I did. Thus I avoided the, "Ha! Look how witty I am ... oh wait ..." embarrassment of repeating what someone else already said.
Ha! I love it! And I love your avatar too! I approve of anything involving cats.

aldousburbank

Quote from: the_wanderer on May 18, 2011, 11:15:36 PM
are you the eskimo dylan sung about?

Now that Quinn's here, does everybody want to dose?