• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Intro Theme

Started by Dark Circles, April 16, 2008, 06:16:53 PM

Dark Circles

Maybe it's because I have a thing for analog '70s-era synthesizers, or maybe it's because I've heard it a bazillion times... But I can't get tired of the C2C intro music. It's by this crazy looking Italian named Giorgio Moroder. The song in question is from a movie soundtrack he was involved with.

It took me awhile to ID the intro track, so I thought it might be useful to someone.

The song is awesome, although haven't there been more then one intro song, or more then one version of the same song?  On some older shows the intro sounds a little slower and more subdued, but it could be audio quality and/or my mind playing tricks on me.  Whenever it starts up I always hope Art let's it get into the "chorus"(I don't know if that's what it's called in an instrumental).

Dark Circles

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on April 18, 2008, 02:52:56 PM
The song is awesome, although haven't there been more then one intro song, or more then one version of the same song?

There was a different theme when Art did Dreamland, and there's also a closing theme (Cusco - Inca Dance) for the current incarnation of the show. You can hear the Dreamland intro here as well as Whitley's show. It should sound familiar, though I haven't ID'ed it yet.

I just realized the intro/outro track info is in plain view in the C2C wikipedia entry (D'oh!).

But it would be interesting to hear of any other tracks there were used as themes.

ArtBellFan

Art closing song is Midnight in the Desert by Crystal Gale and yes the Dreamland theme is now Whitley's, Art gave Whitley Dreamland when Coast dumped it, big mistake.

"Midnight in the Desert" is really nice too.  I know it's been said before, but I'll say it again - Art is THE KING of solid bumper music.

One thing I'll say for George is that he scored half a point with me for playing "For Your Eyes Only" last night.

Thanks. I knew you had the list on ufoship, but had never checked it out. Very cool to see this list right in front you.

Songs Art and C2C rekindled a love affair with-
Don't Leave Me This Way
Right Back Where We Started From(Earliest bumper song I can remember hearing on C2C)
Mother and Child Reunion
Running With the Night
Baker Street
Your Wildest Dreams (One of my Faves).
Fool in the Rain
Don't Fear the Reaper
Steppin' Out

Songs That Art and C2C are the driving force in me knowing and loving-
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme (Screw you Madonna!)
The Big Hurt
If You Could Read My Mind (I remember nights constantly hoping for Art to play this)
The Year of the Cat
Livin Thing(This is a song that basically means C2C for me. One of the earliest bumper tunes for me)
Some Velvet Morning( The stream introduced me to this, but I find myself singing it if I listen too long)
Sky High (Another quintessential C2C song for me and another of the early standouts in memory)

I love K-1 kickboxing, but even if you don't, the song used may still make it a worthwhile watch.  It's a highlight video of former K-1 fighter and Thai-Boxing champ Changpuek Kiatsongrit.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoK1bUck_no (ftp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoK1bUck_no)

MV/Liberace!

but it should be more than just a list.  you should actually be hearing the songs in the player.  is it not working for you?

Yeah, no worries, it's working fine.  I was just referring to having the list on hand as far as finding titles to specific songs.  My bad for not clarifying. It's all good.  So good that it cut about 30 minutes out of my nightly "GeorgeWatch" vigil. Is that a good or bad thing?

Itty Bit

Quote from: admin on April 18, 2008, 10:39:31 PM
i'm assuming everybody has seen this?
http://ufoship.com/page.php?6

This is new to me, and it's GREAT!  Ah, such memories.

EvB

Quote from: ArtBellFan on April 18, 2008, 04:01:15 PM
Art closing song is Midnight in the Desert by Crystal Gale and yes the Dreamland theme is now Whitley's, Art gave Whitley Dreamland when Coast dumped it, big mistake.

When did/does Art use Midnight at the Oasis?  Not on c2c - (at least not in the past 3 or more years) the closing I've always heard is Inca Dance.  Also, didn't Gale write a song FOR Art?

And - do you mean it was a mistake for Coast to Dump DREAMLAND (how was that set up - as a segment, a separate show?) or that it was a mistake to give it to Whitley?  Either or both, I suppose.

Not trying to challenge you here - honest questions - sleepy poster.

Quote from: EvB on April 22, 2008, 05:41:51 AM
When did/does Art use Midnight at the Oasis?  Not on c2c - (at least not in the past 3 or more years) the closing I've always heard is Inca Dance.   

Not Midnight at the Oasis, but Midnight in the Desert.  Different song in case that wasn't a typo. And if you listen to the UFOSHIP stream, you will hear LOTS of Midnight in the Desert closing out the show.

EvB

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on April 22, 2008, 01:07:41 PM
Quote from: EvB on April 22, 2008, 05:41:51 AM
When did/does Art use Midnight at the Oasis?  Not on c2c - (at least not in the past 3 or more years) the closing I've always heard is Inca Dance.   

Not Midnight at the Oasis, but Midnight in the Desert.  Different song in case that wasn't a typo. And if you listen to the UFOSHIP stream, you will hear LOTS of Midnight in the Desert closing out the show.

Nope -- not a typo, pure sloppiness on my part.  Thanks for the info.  I will listen.

Spikegirl

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on April 18, 2008, 10:39:31 PM

I had not seen this before. Seriously, Michael, YOU ROCK!  I love ABBA, and they're the first ones playing. I already bookmarked this page and will use it as background music while I work at my computer.  :-*

Quote from: Spikegirl on May 06, 2008, 09:51:28 PM
Quote from: Michael Vandeven on April 18, 2008, 10:39:31 PM

I had not seen this before. Seriously, Michael, YOU ROCK!  I love ABBA, and they're the first ones playing. I already bookmarked this page and will use it as background music while I work at my computer.  :-*

Where are those happy days
They seem so hard to find.....
I tried to reach for you
But you have closed your mind.......

Whatever happened to our love
I wish I understood......
It used be so nice
It used to be so good....

SO WHEN YOU'RE NEAR ME, DARLING CAN'T YOU HEAR ME
S-O-S
THE LOVE YOU GAVE ME, NOTHING ELSE CAN SAVE ME
S-O-S

P.S. - I wasn't singing/typing S.O.S. to spikegirl per se (No offense - I'm sure you're wonderful) , but because it's ABBA, and I love that song.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Spikegirl on May 06, 2008, 09:51:28 PM
thx.  actually, abba was first in the list only by chance.  the list is randomized every time you load it.  hope u enjoy.