• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jimmy Church

Started by mikealden, January 27, 2014, 09:37:07 PM

mikealden

Anyone else listen to this show on DMRN? I've been catching it here and there and am enjoying it. He gets good guests and is a solid host.

Listening to him interview Michael Cremo tonight.

Here's his website: http://www.jimmychurchradio.com

Uncle Duke

Quote from: mikealden on January 27, 2014, 09:37:07 PM
Anyone else listen to this show on DMRN? I've been catching it here and there and am enjoying it. He gets good guests and is a solid host.

Listening to him interview Michael Cremo tonight.

Here's his website: http://www.jimmychurchradio.com

Absolutely agree with you, Church gives DMRN a second solid professional to go with Bateman.  I'm not much of a Cremo/ancient alien fan, but did listen to maybe 20 minutes of the show and enjoyed it.  A night or two before Church interviewed UFO investigator Tony Paris, best UFO show I've heard in a good while.

From what I can see on Church's website, he interviews quality people, didn't see a lunatic fringe or motor mouth type in his list of guests.  Qualified, well spoken guests being interviewed by a capable host willing to do research and show prep........what's not to like?

qaddisin

I was lucky enough to catch his first show, and have been listening (when I can) ever since. His abilities to ask in-depth questions, engage with his guests, and show actual interest in the subject matter are incredibly refreshing. He's not perfect (nobody is), but he, Bateman, Howard Hughes and James Swagger give DMRN some awesome shows well worth listening to.

I hope Keith is successful in getting Jimmy on five nights a week, it would be so much better than Noory's New Age Alternative Medicine Trend Analysis (featuring Alex Jones) and Clyde Lewis's Workshop on How to Use Overproduction and Ranting to Get Your Meme Across. 

wr250

Quote from: qaddisin on January 28, 2014, 10:32:33 PM
I was lucky enough to catch his first show, and have been listening (when I can) ever since. His abilities to ask in-depth questions, engage with his guests, and show actual interest in the subject matter are incredibly refreshing. He's not perfect (nobody is), but he, Bateman, Howard Hughes and James Swagger give DMRN some awesome shows well worth listening to.

I hope Keith is successful in getting Jimmy on five nights a week, it would be so much better than Noory's New Age Alternative Medicine Trend Analysis (featuring Alex Jones) and Clyde Lewis's Workshop on How to Use Overproduction and Ranting to Get Your Meme Across.

in addition , clyde lewis is owned by premier radio
http://www.premiereradio.com/shows/view/ground_zero_with_clyde_lewis.html

mikealden

Anyone else listening this evening? He's about to interview Steven Greer. I'll be curious to see if he's able to direct him into a good interview.

Yep I agree this show is the second best on DMRN. ITs pretty darn good.

Uncle Duke

Noticed a few days ago a "Jimmy Church" opened an account on BellGab.  If it's THAT Jimmy, I hope he will take the opportunity to introduce himself here, and keep us informed of future guests and program plans.

eeieeyeoh

I heard the latter part of a Jimmy Church show on DMRN today. Not bad regarding audio quality. Well produced too. Not exactly sure of the context of the show from beginning, but seemed at times like a 4WD truck losing traction at times to get up a hill. Perhaps long pauses w/no mental effort but had sound. Tomorrow's always another day though. Might be interesting to hear what going down the other side of the hill is like.

mikealden

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 30, 2014, 08:55:07 PM
Noticed a few days ago a "Jimmy Church" opened an account on BellGab.  If it's THAT Jimmy, I hope he will take the opportunity to introduce himself here, and keep us informed of future guests and program plans.

Would love him to pop into this thread and say hi.

I'm listening right now. He's interviewing Phillip Mantle from UFO magazine. Very good. I love it when a host is actually ENGAGED.

Juan

WTF?  Jimmy, last night, admitted that something was a coincidence.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: mikealden on January 30, 2014, 09:37:49 PM
Would love him to pop into this thread and say hi.

I'm listening right now. He's interviewing Phillip Mantle from UFO magazine. Very good. I love it when a host is actually ENGAGED.

The interview with Phillip Mantle was truly outstanding.  I had no idea who Mantle was, other than what was on Church's website prior to the show.  Turns out Mantle was responsible for both breaking the story on the existence of the "alien autopsy" video of the 1990s, and for eventually putting all the pieces together to prove it was a sham.  I almost wet myself I laughed so hard as Mantle told the story of how he tracked down all the people who were involved.  The entire affair had a madcap, almost Monty Python feel to it.  In fact, at times Mantle sounded a bit like John Cleese as he related the whole saga.  Great radio! 

jimmy church

Yes, this is me...whatever that means...and thank you for the kind words. 

First, just let me say that Bellgab makes me a little nervous and I don't plan on stepping in to this world often because it doesn't really belong to me. Yes, I'm one of the biggest Art Bell fanatics here ...but now I'm sort of on the other side...and it's called 'Bellgab' so honestly I have no reason to post and probably shouldn't... but I have received plenty of email suggesting I say something so here I am...and most of you here can be tough...really tough...as you should. So yeah, I'm scared and I type this with total caution.

Second...I (we) started the FADE to BLACK program the day after Art left the air, again.  I was so happy to have him back (just like most fans here) and when he made his sudden departure I couldn't live with it and the only way to get my Art 'fix' was to just go it alone and do my own show.  We had already made the format change here at KJCR about two months before joining forces with Dark Matter...we were going to go with another network (the show wasn't the same as FADE to BLACK and in fact had a different name) when Art's departure just sped things up a little...Keith and Dark Matter gave us the opportunity and we ran with it.

Third...starting this month we are going four days a week...with Monday being a 'best of' replay and then live Tue-Friday.  The reason this wasn't done before is quality.  The amount of work going into a 3-hour live show every day is something you just can't put into words...everyone here is booking guests (only the best will do), working on the website, facebook, youtube, twitter, research, email, editing, audio, video...it is literally a 20 hour a day gig for all of us...then after all of that we still have to do the show!  Quality is the most important factor and this show will always strive to be the best it can, period...just adding one more three-hour show is making it an eight day work week. You have your standards of what you think a good or great show should be...but trust me so does Keith and so does Art...and we try to make sure that each and every broadcast is the very best that it can be with no excuses.  Keith and I talk immediately after every show and it's like visiting the principal's office...he and Art have the very highest expectations and I only say this because everyone here needs to know that second best is just not an option for anyone involved.  When you listen to FADE to BLACK think about that...it's not a joke.

I am honored just to be able to post here with FTB being the subject...please, everyone...check out the show and I sincerely hope that you can get a little of your Art 'fix' out of it until his return ...just like I do.  All the best- jimmy.

jimmy church

Quote from: Juan on January 31, 2014, 07:14:52 AM
WTF?  Jimmy, last night, admitted that something was a coincidence.

I'm not sure what you mean...

jimmy church

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on January 30, 2014, 09:13:40 PM
I heard the latter part of a Jimmy Church show on DMRN today. Not bad regarding audio quality. Well produced too. Not exactly sure of the context of the show from beginning, but seemed at times like a 4WD truck losing traction at times to get up a hill. Perhaps long pauses w/no mental effort but had sound. Tomorrow's always another day though. Might be interesting to hear what going down the other side of the hill is like.

It's always a 4wd losing traction going uphill...otherwise it's just not worth trying...rolling downhill without any effort can be fun at times as well...me, I need the stress.

WhiteCrow

Thanks for the heads up Jimmy. I'll give your show a try.
Nice of you to explain the amount of work involved.
It takes a 24/7/365 commitment to be an Art Bell!

Also refreshing to see that Art and crew are making a serious commitment to Dark Matter.

Don't be scared off by us, we are a bunch of sheep, that bleat a little to loud for our own good.

Juan

Quote from: jimmy church on February 01, 2014, 07:08:15 PM
I'm not sure what you mean...
Noory maintains, and has for years, that there are no coincidences.  I meant it as a laughing compliment.

wr250

Quote from: WhiteCrow on February 01, 2014, 07:35:56 PM
Thanks for the heads up Jimmy. I'll give your show a try.
Nice of you to explain the amount of work involved.
It takes a 24/7/365 commitment to be an Art Bell!

Also refreshing to see that Art and crew are making a serious commitment to Dark Matter.

Don't be scared off by us, we are a bunch of sheep, that bleat a little to loud for our own good.

and not to mention, vaguely loveable

wr250

Quote from: jimmy church on February 01, 2014, 07:12:39 PM
It's always a 4wd losing traction going uphill...otherwise it's just not worth trying...rolling downhill without any effort can be fun at times as well...me, I need the stress.

maureen

Quote from: jimmy church on February 01, 2014, 06:55:28 PM
Yes, this is me...whatever that means...and thank you for the kind words. 

First, just let me say that Bellgab makes me a little nervous and I don't plan on stepping in to this world often because it doesn't really belong to me. Yes, I'm one of the biggest Art Bell fanatics here ...but now I'm sort of on the other side...and it's called 'Bellgab' so honestly I have no reason to post and probably shouldn't... but I have received plenty of email suggesting I say something so here I am...and most of you here can be tough...really tough...as you should. So yeah, I'm scared and I type this with total caution.

Second...I (we) started the FADE to BLACK program the day after Art left the air, again.  I was so happy to have him back (just like most fans here) and when he made his sudden departure I couldn't live with it and the only way to get my Art 'fix' was to just go it alone and do my own show.  We had already made the format change here at KJCR about two months before joining forces with Dark Matter...we were going to go with another network (the show wasn't the same as FADE to BLACK and in fact had a different name) when Art's departure just sped things up a little...Keith and Dark Matter gave us the opportunity and we ran with it.

Third...starting this month we are going four days a week...with Monday being a 'best of' replay and then live Tue-Friday.  The reason this wasn't done before is quality.  The amount of work going into a 3-hour live show every day is something you just can't put into words...everyone here is booking guests (only the best will do), working on the website, facebook, youtube, twitter, research, email, editing, audio, video...it is literally a 20 hour a day gig for all of us...then after all of that we still have to do the show!  Quality is the most important factor and this show will always strive to be the best it can, period...just adding one more three-hour show is making it an eight day work week. You have your standards of what you think a good or great show should be...but trust me so does Keith and so does Art...and we try to make sure that each and every broadcast is the very best that it can be with no excuses.  Keith and I talk immediately after every show and it's like visiting the principal's office...he and Art have the very highest expectations and I only say this because everyone here needs to know that second best is just not an option for anyone involved.  When you listen to FADE to BLACK think about that...it's not a joke.

I am honored just to be able to post here with FTB being the subject...please, everyone...check out the show and I sincerely hope that you can get a little of your Art 'fix' out of it until his return ...just like I do.  All the best- jimmy.
I find your program intriguing and well produced. Many thanks to you and all your crew.

WhiteCrow

Jimmy, Paul, Art, whoever, why isn't The Dark Matter Network on Tune-in, Shout etc. Streaming Radio?  So I can listen it on Roku and with Apps on Iphone/pad and Android etc devices?

jimmy church

Quote from: WhiteCrow on February 01, 2014, 09:36:37 PM
Jimmy, Paul, Art, whoever, why isn't The Dark Matter Network on Tune-in, Shout etc. Streaming Radio?  So I can listen it on Roku and with Apps on Iphone/pad and Android etc devices?

We are on TuneIn...you can link to it from Dark Matter...from my page or any page.  If you have a problem let me know...just click on the TuneIn button...

We are always looking for another great streaming service that is up to our standards...all are not the same...this is a discussion we have daily. If you have any suggestions please let me know and I promise to look into it...

WhiteCrow

Quote from: jimmy church on February 01, 2014, 09:43:13 PM
We are on TuneIn...you can link to it from Dark Matter...from my page or any page.  If you have a problem let me know...just click on the TuneIn button...

We are always looking for another great streaming service that is up to our standards...all are not the same...this is a discussion we have daily. If you have any suggestions please let me know and I promise to look into it...

Thanks Jimmy, found Dark Matter on my Android phone, iPad and Roku via the Tune-in app.

Searching for "dark matter" on Roku didn't yield any results, searching just "dark" did but I had to then search through all the stations that had "dark" in their title.
I noticed that Roku is also kind of funky to search for other stations.

Searching "dark matter" on android and iPad went right to station.

ziznak

Heard Robert Schoch was going to be no soon?  His homie John Anthony West was on recently too so it makes sense.  anybody hear about this? im sure it was in another podcast.

Stranger929

I've started listening too and I'm enjoying it. The sound quality is excellent and there have been some great guests. I'm glad I can listen (and download) from Youtube because I can't catch a live show to save my life.

Every radio show, in my opinion, should be downloadable. I stayed a streamlink member, despite snoory, until Art's ill fated return so I could download Knapp and Wells' shows to listen to when it fit my schedule. However after Art's Sirius debacle I quit listening to any of it until recently. I'd love to see an easier way to get the other shows on DMRN.

jimmy church

This week on the show we have on Thursday: Nancy Talbot of BLT Research and on Friday: author/filmmaker/screenwriter Bryce Zabel.

Out of curiosity...who would Bellgab like to have on the show???  We are booking almost two months in advance so if there is anything specific you want covered post here...I'll see what we can do...all the best-  j.

mikealden

Quote from: jimmy church on February 03, 2014, 03:17:35 PM
This week on the show we have on Thursday: Nancy Talbot of BLT Research and on Friday: author/filmmaker/screenwriter Bryce Zabel.

Out of curiosity...who would Bellgab like to have on the show???  We are booking almost two months in advance so if there is anything specific you want covered post here...I'll see what we can do...all the best-  j.

Hey Jimmy, loving the show! I'd love to hear you interview Graham Hancock.

jimmy church

Quote from: mikealden on February 03, 2014, 11:07:43 PM

Yes, we are working on it...GH is one elusive character, though...if you know what I mean...j.

Stranger929

Quote from: mikealden on February 03, 2014, 11:07:43 PM

That was my first thought too. I'll post some more ideas as they come to me :)