• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Malliard Report

Started by malliard, December 17, 2013, 10:05:11 PM

malliard

Check this out, i was interviewed by Jonathan Mallard of Odd To Newfoundland Paranormal Podcast i give shocking answers to a couple of questions...

First show of 2015 for the Odd To Newfoundland Paranormal Podcast! Jim Malliard joins me from The Malliard Report !

Check it out here:
http://oddtonewfoundland.podbean.com/e/two-ducks-one-mic-with-jim-malliard/

malliard

One of Those Rare Shows, If you are an author, great tips about selling books or if you are into paranormal investigating some amazing food for thought.
Shows why The Malliard Report is The Fastest Hour in Paranormal Talk Radio. http://www.italkparanormal.com/a-writer-and-a-skeptic-allan-gilbreath/[/font][/size]

malliard

I know you have enjoyed listening to The Malliard Report, The Fastest Hour in Paranormal Radio Talk. But you may have missed somethings like the new look, new sponsor and New NETWORK! But Somethings never change like Tuesday at 9 pm Eastern or the FREE Newsletter so you dont ever have to miss any important news again.
www.italkparanormal.com

malliard

TONIGHT!!![/font][/size]The Malliard Report- The Fastest Hour in Paranormal Talk Radio starts a new chapter LIVE @ [/font]KGRA[/font] with the only the only [/font]Race Hobbs[/font] [/font]http://www.kgraradio.com/ see you all at 9 pm eastern or in 30 minutes!!!!![/font]

[/font]

[/size]

malliard

The Jamie Havican Show Welcomes [/font][/size]Jim Malliard[/font][/size] From The Malliard Report to talk about his show which is now on KGRA, what first peeked his interest on the topic, and an encounters, or sightings he has had. So join us all starting at 8pm ET 5pm PT. [/font][/size]www.KGRARadio.com/chatroom/[/font][/size]

wr250

go into your profile and turn off the wysiwyg editor. that will stop the extreaneous bbtags from appearing.

malliard

Live Tonight on The Malliard Report
9pm EST/8pm CST/7pm MST/6pm PST

David Rountree
He is the Director of the S.P.I.R.I.T. Laboratory. Also the author of  Paranormal Technology: Understanding the science of ghost hunting and Demon Street USA.

www.kgraradio.com

MV/Liberace!

where do i go to listen to your show? 

malliard

you have to now go to www.kgraradio.com to catch it live for free or buy a member ship to listen to the podcast, someday they will return to me and i will then post then a future date

malliard

In Honor of Valentines Day and the release of Fifty Shades of Grey
I came up with 5 ways for you to show the love of The Malliard Report- The Fastest Hour in Paranormal Talk Radio​
http://www.italkparanormal.com/5-things/

malliard

Live Tonight on The Malliard Report
9pm EST/8pm CST/7pm MST/6pm PST

www.kgraradio.com

Andrew Nissenbaum
Founder and CEO at Disaster TV, holds six trademarks and has one pending. Live From India

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: malliard on February 12, 2015, 07:06:38 PM
you have to now go to www.kgraradio.com to catch it live for free or buy a member ship to listen to the podcast, someday they will return to me and i will then post then a future date

man.  you've got to find some way for people to download your show without paying.  that's just the pits. 

what's the most simultaneous listeners kgra's stream gets during a week?  right now it's at only 43 listeners.  they aren't exactly knocking it out of the park with numbers like that, and i doubt you're going to benefit in the end by connecting yourself to this operation because they're making it too difficult to hear your show.  you need to put it out there totally free and open source, grow it, and then monetize that when you have the ears.   if you were a known broadcaster it would be different, but that's not the case.  i know it seems like there is something to be gained by placing your show in a display case with several other shows, but if you have a quality product, this benefits them more than it benefits you.  go it alone.

bottom line is, i've never heard your show and this all means i probably never will since i'm not likely to catch that live window on the stream and i'm just never going to pay.  what i'm hearing on the kgra stream at this moment sounds like typical amateurish internet bullshittery... again, something you're not necessarily going to benefit by surrounding yourself with.  i don't know wtf i'm listening to here, but it's some bland npr sounding girl who nervously swallows every 5 seconds as she speaks.  man.

MV/Liberace!

one more thing....
kgra has this in their disclaimer:

It is protected under copyright and may not be recorded, re-broadcast, redistributed or re-used without express written permission by KGRA Radio Media.

wouldn't you want people to distribute your shows?  i'd be thrilled to find out someone is sharing my podcasts with people. 

this whole thing is so limiting for you.

Quote from: MV on February 18, 2015, 04:20:45 AM
one more thing....
kgra has this in their disclaimer:

wouldn't you want people to distribute your shows?  i'd be thrilled to find out someone is sharing my podcasts with people. 

this whole thing is so limiting for you.

I agree. I've listened to his show and it has improved a lot. As I can't listen to it live, and don't want to pay for it. I am unable to listen.

Please do not be offended but I don't think most people will be willing to pay for a small independent paranormal podcast. There are a lot of other ways to distribute the show.

MV/Liberace!

and one more thing... these people are including the terms "art bell dark matter" in their shoutcast metadata to cheat a few extra listeners.  just BLEH.

cweb

Jim, before you went to KGRA I remember having to go through a few pages to download one of your older shows. But the fact that I could just download it for later listening was huge. Especially not having to go through any membership walls.

I hate to say it, but Coast to Coast has a nice system set up for finding guests and downloading recent shows. They don't go back as far as they could, but it makes sense to users. I think it's a nice model for organizing show archives.

Soundcloud is another option for podcast hosting. Or Youtube. Have you tried their live streaming options out?

I agree with MV and nooryisawesome. I'm not sure how much kgra is helping you. You're really improving and it would suck if they stunt the growth of your show.

malliard

well, lets see if i can address all these issues at once from memory.

Shoutcast tags, i think are over rated, isnt what i would do but i wasnt asked about it.

well, went you leave a bunch of internet networks that werent even pulling a 43 and they also have 3 streams so you would have to get all the data... you gotta gamble at times.

As for the memberships, i think it is a good way for those want the most recent shows... but i didnt pick the prices.

Podcasts, will be free again someday, they may be older shows but they will still around

Yes i have a used youtube for show storage and i dont write for seo its almost worthless.

I cant say this was a final network, but i needed a network that treated things as a business instead of a hobby.

It is making me reform even more into a host that takes breaks etc.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: malliard on February 18, 2015, 11:28:28 AM

I cant say this was a final network, but i needed a network that treated things as a business instead of a hobby.

i don't think i've gotten through here.  why do you think you need a network?  as an explicitly internet based show, what can they possibly do for you that you can't do for yourself?  you don't need anyone else to help you do this.  podcasting is not something where you need a "network" to handle things for you... especially when it's just another half assed internet operation that pretty much anyone could set up.  these people bring nothing to the table that you couldn't be doing on your own.  you're probably not making any money with them anyway, and adding insult to injury is the fact that very few people are hearing your show.  at least if you went on your own, you'd have better download numbers.

malliard

went i promoted myself as my own network i had 4-8 listeners?

MV/Liberace!

and by the way... 8 hours later at 12pm, kgra has 24 listeners on their shoutcast stream.  even the gabcast does way better than this.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: malliard on February 18, 2015, 11:55:22 AM
went i promoted myself as my own network i had 4-8 listeners?

who knows... i don't recall what your setup was previously, but it seems like it's never been easy to listen to your show due to poor website design in the past and now this.  i tried once a long time ago, but when i got to the website i couldn't even figure out how to download an episode because the layout was so schizophrenic.  you need to reboot, man.  go to ufoship.com and look how easy it is to download those shows or stream them.  you need something brainless like that where people will have absolutely no trouble downloading your show. 

edit:  i've been doing this since 2006 and one thing i've learned is that you can't make people work to hear you.  they'll just move along if it requires even ten seconds of time to figure out how to download your show.

malliard

it is what it is... and what is the count on the other 2 streams?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: malliard on February 18, 2015, 11:59:56 AM

i didn't even know they had two other streams because they're not listed on shoutcast.com, so that in its self is a problem.

malliard

well, how many people search shoutcast for stations to listen to? and they are there... so you can find the network....

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: malliard on February 18, 2015, 11:59:56 AM

i only see two kgra streams on shoutcast, but between them 42 listeners at the moment.

Quote from: malliard on February 18, 2015, 12:07:22 PM
well, how many people search shoutcast for stations to listen to?

I'd guess a fair amount. I know I do.

malliard

i am not seeing why i cant move to a solid network? possibly increase my listener ship?
sorry to tell you this isnt new, i have been there for a couple of weeks, so yea.

as for shoutcast.com, folks use it, use tunein radio, use any number of sites....

Quote from: malliard on February 23, 2015, 02:26:47 PM
i am not seeing why i cant move to a solid network? possibly increase my listener ship?
sorry to tell you this isnt new, i have been there for a couple of weeks, so yea.

as for shoutcast.com, folks use it, use tunein radio, use any number of sites....

Well maybe you should move to a "solid network" and post your shows to your shows website, so those who want to do so will be able to listen for free easily.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: malliard on February 23, 2015, 02:26:47 PM

buy a domain name, install wordpress, install the "blubrry powerpress" plugin to make the podcast feed stuff work, and you're on your way.  that's all there is to it.  you also need to set up a stream if you want live listeners, but that's simple, too.