• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

IT'S GONNA BE REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY COLD WHERE I LIVE!

Started by starrmtn001, December 01, 2013, 05:18:25 PM

Swishypants

Quote from: ksm32 on December 29, 2017, 03:58:18 AM
Yes indeed.

The beer in question was this and you'll notice the ice crystals well underway in this lighter Italian broth, Peroni. A more substantial substance would have retained it's properties a little longer.

Drunk Drivin' & Cryin', cuz the beers frozen!

https://youtu.be/W6kplh51lPg

Jojo

Quote from: yumyumtree on December 04, 2013, 12:36:12 AM
I remember those "cold snaps". The inside of your nose freezes and clothes freeze before you finish pinning them on the line. And those wind chills are awful. I think the worst one recorded was -70 F. The coldest actual temperature was -44F in Lincoln but I don't know when. The coldest place I lived was Bozeman MT, also the highest altitude place I lived. Now I live on the coast, where we don't get those kind of cold snaps.
Don't let the clothes mold on the line!

Jojo

Quote from: HaveAccess on December 04, 2013, 08:08:57 PM
I work in the oil industry....

With windchill included it will probably get down to -35C / -31 F

Will be working outside all day...

Edmonton, Alberta , Canada
Hang in there!

=Schlyder=

currently -33c here.  (-27F)   supposed to go down to -36c

Currently 32 degrees Fahrenheit in Kennesaw, GA.  That is 0 degrees Celsius for you Canucks.  Relatively mild compared to y'all but just the beginning of a really cold period for those of us in the Southeast.  Now if we could only get some precip to fall.

ksm32

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 29, 2017, 11:55:48 PM
Currently 32 degrees Fahrenheit in Kennesaw, GA.  That is 0 degrees Celsius for you Canucks.  Relatively mild compared to y'all but just the beginning of a really cold period for those of us in the Southeast.  Now if we could only get some precip to fall.
Wow. Even as a Canuck, I can't imagine things getting that cold way down in beautiful Georgia. Must be nice :'( Meanwhile my giant breed dog's paw pads are freezing up within minutes of being outside. -38 C. tonight.  Ya know, after -15 it all pretty much feels about the same no matter what the temp dips to as your body just adjusts and says to itself that it's just another really cold day.

ksm32

Quote from: Swishypants on December 29, 2017, 09:53:10 PM
https://youtu.be/N8_boKst7W4

So you're saying that Buddy was pulled over in his driveway? Brilliant piece of music BTW.

...and yeah I noticed the Mom Sluts ;D Good name for a band.

Quote from: ksm32 on December 30, 2017, 12:12:50 AM
Wow. Even as a Canuck, I can't imagine things getting that cold way down in beautiful Georgia. Must be nice :'( Meanwhile my giant breed dog's paw pads are freezing up within minutes of being outside. -38 C. tonight.  Ya know, after -15 it all pretty much feels about the same no matter what the temp dips to as your body just adjusts and says to itself that it's just another really cold day.

We had those sort of temps once in GA in 1985.  Temperature fell to -6 degrees F with wind chills 30 below and we opened up our room windows in the dorm, spilled water on the floor, got a fan to blow the cold air in and we had a skating rink in no time.  Needless to say we were all quite drunk.

I feel for ya though, that sort of weather is sort of normal up there but down here it is a once in a lifetime event.

I've lived in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and even northwest Arkansas.  All those places can get pretty damn cold in the winter with plenty of snow.

Stay huddled close to your dog. ;)

AvDaBr

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 30, 2017, 12:24:01 AM
We had those sort of temps once in GA in 1985.  Temperature fell to -6 degrees F with wind chills 30 below and we opened up our room windows in the dorm, spilled water on the floor, got a fan to blow the cold air in and we had a skating rink in no time.  Needless to say we were all quite drunk.

I feel for ya though, that sort of weather is sort of normal up there but down here it is a once in a lifetime event.

I don't live too far from Knoxville, TN and I remember that time frame  primarily because it happened right about the time of Super Bowl Sunday (SB 19- Niners vs Dolphins).  Knoxville recorded -24F, its lowest temperature on record.

Up All Night

Sunday Morning 18F Wind Chill

N Wind Gusting to 23mph

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. Wind chill values between 4 and 14. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/uschill.gif

Norm

It's currently 43 degrees at 0500 UTC here. Last night it was down to 41 and I had to use an extra blanket.

34 degrees F at 4:30 PM here in Georgia.  Going down to the teens tonight.  Where's the fuckin' snow???

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 31, 2017, 03:27:56 PM
34 degrees F at 4:30 PM here in Georgia.  Going down to the teens tonight.  Where's the fuckin' snow???

Sorry. I have only seen blowing snow.

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 31, 2017, 03:41:51 PM
Sorry. I have only seen blowing snow.

In Houston?  We had a nice snow in early December but it was a heavy wet snow and took some time before it started accumulating.  Some places it accumulated to about 10 inches, on warmer ground to about 5 inches.  I want a foot of the dry fluffy snow.

Swishypants

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 31, 2017, 03:52:53 PM
In Houston?  We had a nice snow in early December but it was a heavy wet snow and took some time before it started accumulating.  Some places it accumulated to about 10 inches, on warmer ground to about 5 inches.  I want a foot of the dry fluffy snow.

10 inches of Snow in Georgia? Never happened dawg!

https://youtu.be/cFJu4HdFsHw

Up All Night

Quote from: Swishypants on December 31, 2017, 04:01:49 PM
I don't want to hear about your best bowel movement ever!

18"

Trophys like that should never be flushed.

You leave it for the next user to appreciate.  ;)

Swishypants

Quote from: Up All Night on December 31, 2017, 06:50:12 PM
18"

Fuckin-A! "Mean Joe Green came over to my house to use the bathroom!"

Quote from: Up All Night on December 31, 2017, 06:50:12 PM
18"

LOL.  It is a bitch sometimes though trying to find pants that fit right.

gnooryblows

Quote from: Up All Night on January 01, 2018, 03:44:40 AM
The winds of Thor are blowing Cold, Cold, Cold, Cold....

today i was outside for like 20 minutes, when i got back in my truck it genuinely felt like my fucking face was gonna fall off. felt like my entire face had been shot up with novacane or something. fucking horrendous.

Juan

I just went to Winn-Dixie and there must have been 200 people in the store buying bread, Vienna sausages and beer. They’re all in a panic over the forecast of snow tomorrow.

Quote from: Juan on January 02, 2018, 01:49:58 PM
I just went to Winn-Dixie and there must have been 200 people in the store buying bread, Vienna sausages and beer. They’re all in a panic over the forecast of snow tomorrow.

Are you close to the coast?  The storm is supposed to stick to the coast with no danger inland. It'll stay dry here in the northern part of the state.

GravitySucks

It snowed here today. Even had some accumulation. Good thing schools were still closed.