click click CLICK

onan

Quote from: Foodlion on November 06, 2013, 06:51:27 AM
"Weird free trick to boost Testosterone 7,000%"
Click
click click CLICK

That is some funny shit, my friend.

gringomisio

I joined after getting sick of listenkng to GN's terrible interviewing style.  I forgot what I googled but happily found other people here that felt the same.  Arts comeback happened around the same time I registered.  I'm sure this site won't suffer.

Humorous quips aside, I honestly can't picture dropping in often just to piss and moan about Noory & Wells.  I don't post politically anymore; there is no real discussion there, just venom, word walls, and anger -- maybe MV should rename that thread the QuickRuteger Circle Jerk.

I've really enjoyed getting to know a lot of you through your posts -- even those of you with whom I disagree (you know who you are).  I'll continue to comment about movies and old planes and irritations and such, but, damn, the thrill is sorta gone now.  Art's departure and my own personal-life turmoil have kind of taken the wind out of my sails.

grano salis

Quote from: Sardondi on November 06, 2013, 02:34:40 AM
The problem is that through his own impetuosity and, yes, childishness, Art is harming himself with one of his most loyal fanbases - perhaps the most loyal. We certainly helped keep the flame alive if nothing else. It's just all so self-destructive on Art's part. Plus - and I never in  a million years would have seen myself saying this - Art himself is making George look like a professional by comparison.

True

Sardondi

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 06, 2013, 12:35:12 PMHumorous quips aside, I honestly can't picture dropping in often just to piss and moan about Noory & Wells...
This.

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 06, 2013, 12:35:12 PM...I've really enjoyed getting to know a lot of you through your posts -- even those of you with whom I disagree (you know who you are).  I'll continue to comment about movies and old planes and irritations and such, but, damn, the thrill is sorta gone now.  Art's departure and my own personal-life turmoil have kind of taken the wind out of my sails.
I know the feeling you're talking about. Although I don't feel quite so personally down, Art has disappointed me with what I think are his rash and foolhardy words and deeds, beginning with his failure to conduct standard "due diligence" research of Sirius and potential problems with technical and performance issues. It seems amateurish, as if Art did everything essentially by himself. I wonder now if Art did his deal with Sirius without hiring competent legal or technical assistance. Astounding.

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 06, 2013, 12:35:12 PM...there is no real discussion there, just venom, word walls, and anger -- maybe MV should rename that thread the QuickRuteger Circle Jerk.....
Funny: I was nodding my head in agreement, particularly about the "venom, word walls and anger" - but I was thinking that a check of the Venometer showed that "QuickNowwhereInTime Circle Jerk" was a much better fit. 

Yeah, I sort of pondered including mention of Nowhere, but he's part of my tribe, don'tcha-know?  I'm borrowing a page from The Great Communicator's notebook:  speak no ill of a fellow lib!  (Actually, I DO think Ronald was a great communicator.  He was a marvelous public speaker with a keen sense of theater -- and I don't mean that in an underhanded, disparaging way.)  Whether or not what he communicated was truth, well, you know, Sardondi, that this is where we part.

It would be intriguing to see who has posted the most on the political threads in the last 90 days...  I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that it's QK (with NiT and PB probably a semi-distant second).

JimAlmquist

Quote from: DickyC on November 05, 2013, 02:57:19 PM
Just wondering....
I hope that he grabs his chest when no one is home & then broadcast from that 50k watt flamethrower in hell...

ald

Quote from: NIN2 on November 06, 2013, 04:44:33 AM
I think this sites been hacked or something LOL in 2012 to today OVER half of the people here joined  I know i had to make a new name I use to be NIN i just added a 2  but this is really crazy here. Art said he likes the core of the group and i had to go look and see when i joined with my original name and i clicked on the show by date and im serious go look WELL OVER half of the people here joined in the last year year and half.   I don't get it. from about 4 pages of people to 12 pages in just over a year looks fishy to me.  I'm sure more showed up here cos of Art mentioning this site but that just seems really really fishy to me. Art didn't mention this till he came on in September and these accounts just exploded last year to now.  I think bell gab has been compromised LOL

I joined exactly a year ago today. :)

The reason I joined is because I googled something like "George Noory has fake guest on" or something like that out of suspicion. This site popped up.

Also a few months before that I almost died and I had to stay in the hospital for like two weeks. After my coma I was just in some room all alone and couldn't sleep. My family brought some of my stuff and in the bag was my radio. I put on Coast to Coast and George was interviewing some physicist. This is where I lost the most respect for George. The physicist seemed surprised and shocked at the questions George was asking. The poor scientist got caught up in something that would hurt his reputation as a scientist. The physicist kept correcting George on the proper scientifically proven facts when it came to time travel. Which everyone learns in an introductory calculus based physics class.

I felt it was wrong and I got the vibe that he didn't completely tell the physicist what he was going to be interviewed about.

Plus some of his guest just seemed phony, period.

So that's when I said "Man, these guys at coastgab.com are right about wanting Art to come back to radio", even though I was a kid when I first started listening to c2c back in the days.

That's why I joined.

Sardondi

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 06, 2013, 02:25:45 PM
Yeah, I sort of pondered including mention of Nowhere, but he's part of my tribe, don'tcha-know?  I'm borrowing a page from The Great Communicator's notebook:  speak no ill of a fellow lib!  (Actually, I DO think Ronald was a great communicator.  He was a marvelous public speaker with a keen sense of theater -- and I don't mean that in an underhanded, disparaging way.)  Whether or not what he communicated was truth, well, you know, Sardondi, that this is where we part.

It would be intriguing to see who has posted the most on the political threads in the last 90 days...  I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that it's QK (with NiT and PB probably a semi-distant second).
Posted the most? You're probably right. Posted the vilest, most offensive, unilaterally filthy personal attacks, including accusations of pedophilia? Nowhere, hands down.

(and yeah, I understand the "speak no ill" concept...and yeah, I practice it more than I want to. But, hey, who's gonna protect my guys if I attack 'em too?)

DoomGab. Preparing you for Y2K, the Mayan Apocalypse, and beyond.

onan

This is a forum of discussion. And Sardondi and West... I feel your exasperation... but WTF? You guys are wicked smart. Make a topic and run with it. Hell Sardondi your words have made people cry by their own report. To add your words have made me laugh, smile and curse at you... all in the same day.

Yeah this site is entertaining and often I come here just for that reason. Anyhoo if either of you are thinking of spending less time here, well... I won't have it.

That means a lot, Onan... it really does.  I suppose I have just been disappointed the last month or so with the vast number of incredibly inane threads (thankfully, there are now far fewer of those).  I've grown weary of the argutainment quality of pop culture, with the subtle and not-so-subtle way mediocrity is rewarded, celebrated.  Not only do I not want to read about Justin Bieber or Kim Kardashian, I don't even want to post about how much I hate reading about them. 

As for politics, I still pop in and swiftly read the comments, but I am still not posting for reasons already explained.  It saddens me how polarized the nation has become.  Grown men and women who would lean over a fence and talk, who'd help each other with projects, share advice and a kind word, have in matters political become sworn enemies.  Political "debate" is a zero-sum game that I don't wish to play anymore.

onan

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 08, 2013, 12:34:49 PM
That means a lot, Onan... it really does.  I suppose I have just been disappointed the last month or so with the vast number of incredibly inane threads (thankfully, there are now far fewer of those).  I've grown weary of the argutainment quality of pop culture, with the subtle and not-so-subtle way mediocrity is rewarded, celebrated.  Not only do I not want to read about Justin Bieber or Kim Kardashian, I don't even want to post about how much I hate reading about them. 

As for politics, I still pop in and swiftly read the comments, but I am still not posting for reasons already explained.  It saddens me how polarized the nation has become.  Grown men and women who would lean over a fence and talk, who'd help each other with projects, share advice and a kind word, have in matters political become sworn enemies.  Political "debate" is a zero-sum game that I don't wish to play anymore.

My rationalization is more people means more money for MV... I can live with that.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 08, 2013, 12:34:49 PM

The thing is W o t R; And I really do mean this sincerely, if most of the 'usual suspects' (AKA those of us who give as good as they get) met up and we had a few beers, and roasted a pig (Okay, we can have vegetarian options) we'd get on and probably spend most of the time chatting about stuff that is apolitical, but jeeeze we'd get pissed.  ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: onan on November 08, 2013, 12:40:13 PM
My rationalization is more people means more money for MV... I can live with that.
. . . oh yeah.  This too. ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on November 08, 2013, 12:40:13 PM

man.  this should really piss a few people off.  just what i need.  thanks, onan.   :)

area51drone

Quote from: MV on November 08, 2013, 01:32:42 PM
man.  this should really piss a few people off.  just what i need.  thanks, onan.   :)

Hey guys, forums are like churches.   Man I love business.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 08, 2013, 12:44:45 PM
The thing is W o t R; And I really do mean this sincerely, if most of the 'usual suspects' (AKA those of us who give as good as they get) met up and we had a few beers, and roasted a pig (Okay, we can have vegetarian options) we'd get on and probably spend most of the time chatting about stuff that is apolitical, but jeeeze we'd get pissed.  ;D

I quite agree, YP.  I bet PB & Sardondi are probably pretty fun drinking buddies, and I imagine you and Nowhere are hilarious after you've downed a pint or two!  (As an aside, I don't know why a person would drink if it just made them angry and combative, weepy or pathetic.)

I think there is a thread on the forum somewhere about a fellow poster you'd enjoy a beer with... I'm guessing that HorrorRetro and ChewMouse are fun after they've enjoyed a glass or red (or whatever they'd drink).  And for the teatotalers of the forum, we'll happily let you sip a Coke or green tea!

starrmtn001

Quote from: onan on November 07, 2013, 09:13:08 AM
This is a forum of discussion. And Sardondi and West... I feel your exasperation... but WTF? You guys are wicked smart. Make a topic and run with it. Hell Sardondi your words have made people cry by their own report. To add your words have made me laugh, smile and curse at you... all in the same day.

Yeah this site is entertaining and often I come here just for that reason. Anyhoo if either of you are thinking of spending less time here, well... I won't have it.
^  This is why BellGab, or CoastGab, or GNS, or NeverDieGab, is strong and will stay strong.  Simple. :D

(Had to rethink what I'm trying to say that does make us strong.  Though I originally quoted West for his sharp observations, I reread his post, siting the sad results from political bickering and decided to reply to onan instead).

area51drone

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 08, 2013, 01:39:25 PM
And for the teatotalers of the forum, we'll happily let you sip a Coke or green tea!

IF you would even step foot within a mile of me, good idea... I'm an obnoxious drunk.

Trailer Park Boys - Bubbles Drunk

starrmtn001

Quote from: MV on November 08, 2013, 01:32:42 PM
Doesn't piss me off, I'm happy to throw in when I can.