• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Is Bellgab now doomed?

Started by DickyC, November 05, 2013, 02:57:19 PM

McPhallus

There are some potentially good users in those n00bs, once you filter out the annoying douchebags.  We need to take our forum back.... CG is losing its base!

Quote from: HorrorRetro on November 15, 2013, 09:29:32 AM
The vibe around here has definitely changed. The influx of new members -- which isn't necessarily a bad thing -- is prompting longstanding members to consider leaving due to the new "ambiance." I'd hate to see any more losses.  I originally came for the commiseration of Noory's suckage, but I stayed for the people. I encountered some of the smartest and most interesting people here. 

The first and last time I'll ever use a hash tag #FreeEddieCoyle.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 15, 2013, 04:54:20 AM
Check your PMs MV. I meant no disrespect to you or the forum. I enjoy this forum precisely because you let posts stand. This was something specific.

that's OK. i was just a little cranky last night, so it was easy for me to feel butthurt over things.

Yorkshire pud

With one BIG proviso; if things change, evolve, alter, get turned around...PLEASE don't make it like David Ickes forum. There are some seriously disturbed people with access to the internet and sharp objects who post on there. There is a modicum of sanity here.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 15, 2013, 02:06:39 PM
Yeah, that's easy for you to say.

Not really. I had to spank my French maid - "Spike Francesca" - to type that out for me.

(The spanking was consensual. I'm not a monster.)

A few may remember Spike. She posted here long long ago under a slightly different name. She and the website owner had a falling out over political positions and she quit signing in. Soon thereafter, I visited her in New York. About six months later, she left the Big Apple and moved in with me. After forty-five days of careful consideration we hit the Justice of the Peace.

I wore a Foghat t-shirt and she gloved into a scaly silver dress that looked like H. P. Lovecraft's wet chthonic dream. After the ceremony, the JP told us he had thought he'd pretty much seen it all until we walked in. (The dress's six foot train, laden with baby blue LED silicone barnacles, gave him pause. He'd seen a Foghat shirt before. This is Texas after all.)

We now have one boy and we have one girl, "Cameron" and "Libby."

I walk a precarious tightrope, sneaking in here to lay waste to souls susceptible to meta text.

Because Spike still hates MV's guts.

She will not allow me to post an actual photo of her, but did agree to an avatar rendered in Puppeteer 3.0:

Nah, not doomed...  We're one big fat dysfunctional family.  Fee-fee's get hurt, soothed, life goes on.  Someone threatens to jump out a window -- others offer words of kindness. 

Now, eventually, there will be a time when the forum is probably so sparsely attended as to be unrecognizable.  I don't see Art Bell becoming quite the cutural icon that, say, Star Trek is, where new people discover the show 40 years after it's gone off the air.  There won't be any Paramount Studio J.J. Abrams film versions of Dark Matters, no Dark Matters -- The Next Generation.  Once it becomes clear that Art won't be coming back (or retires really and truly from a future program due to age or infirmity), the forum will probably shut down, like a sad little blue dwarf star that fizzles out in the shoulder of Orion.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 15, 2013, 02:57:37 PM

(The spanking was consensual. I'm not a monster.)

Granted it's unusual for the master of the house to marry his maid; consenual spanking, whipping and other delights are a bonus.  ;D

McPhallus

Man, that's depressing.  Maybe there will be incredibly successful spinoffs ala Aftermash and Joanie Loves Chachi.

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 15, 2013, 03:13:48 PM
Nah, not doomed...  We're one big fat dysfunctional family.  Fee-fee's get hurt, soothed, life goes on.  Someone threatens to jump out a window -- others offer words of kindness. 

Now, eventually, there will be a time when the forum is probably so sparsely attended as to be unrecognizable.  I don't see Art Bell becoming quite the cutural icon that, say, Star Trek is, where new people discover the show 40 years after it's gone off the air.  There won't be any Paramount Studio J.J. Abrams film versions of Dark Matters, no Dark Matters -- The Next Generation.  Once it becomes clear that Art won't be coming back (or retires really and truly from a future program due to age or infirmity), the forum will probably shut down, like a sad little blue dwarf star that fizzles out in the shoulder of Orion.

ItsOver

Art's called off the #Free Art Bell brigade.  In further news, Noory still Sucks, Art's still off the air, and Clyde Lewis just quit.  Two of  the three are true.  Take it from there.

McPhallus

Quote from: ItsOver on November 15, 2013, 04:03:27 PM
Art's called off the #Free Art Bell brigade.  In further news, Noory still Sucks, Art's still off the air, and Clyde Lewis just quit.  Two of  the three are true.  Take it from there.

One is still pounding down the hamburgers.  Guess which!

area51drone

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 15, 2013, 03:13:48 PM
Once it becomes clear that Art won't be coming back (or retires really and truly from a future program due to age or infirmity), the forum will probably shut down, like a sad little blue dwarf star that fizzles out in the shoulder of Orion.

Hmm.  I don't think MV will want to lose his $13 a day ad revenue.  Even if it drops to $6 a day, it's still income!  Plus, this is how he gets his listeners for his webcasts...

Quote from: MV on November 15, 2013, 10:21:10 AM
that's OK. i was just a little cranky last night, so it was easy for me to feel butthurt over things.

Well, I was disgruntled from the Other Thread, mv, but after a good night's sleep, I'm gruntled again and all is well. For now.  ;D

Quote from: McPhallus on November 15, 2013, 04:07:51 PM
One is still pounding down the hamburgers.  Guess which!

Tommy?

ItsOver

I wonder if Art got advance word from Kaku about WR 104.  I can see it as the ultimate demise of BellGab and just a few other things.  WR 104 is coming and it's got our name on it.  Art and his family are headed for that big underground facility beneath Cincinnati.  Finally, no more Jorch.

Quote from: ItsOver on November 15, 2013, 04:32:02 PM
I wonder if Art got advance word from Kaku about WR 104.  I can see it as the ultimate demise of BellGab and just a few other things.  WR 104 is coming and it's got our name on it.  Art and his family are headed for that big underground facility beneath Cincinnati.  Finally, no more Jorch.

Wait   ... there's no Bellgab Bunker? We're all screwed!

Juan

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 15, 2013, 04:58:14 PM
Wait   ... there's no Bellgab Bunker? We're all screwed!
Maybe that's where aldous went.

Quote from: McPhallus on November 15, 2013, 03:50:13 PM
Man, that's depressing.  Maybe there will be incredibly successful spinoffs ala Aftermash and Joanie Loves Chachi.

Good call, McPhallus... I have such respect for the writers of Joanie Loves Chachi... they were the voice of their generation, the best and brightest!  We won't see their like again. 

::)

Well, in light of the latest (that Art doesn't intend to contest the NC clause), we may see a bit of attrition here.  The politics threads have sure died a sudden death.  (Was it something that I said?  :o

I love this forum; there are many people here whose words bring me entertainment, various emotional responses, and which challenge my own perspectives.  Nonetheless, if the forum becomes mostly that chaotic Art Bell Quits forum, I won't check in often.

zeebo

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 22, 2013, 01:48:43 PM
... Nonetheless, if the forum becomes mostly that chaotic Art Bell Quits forum, I won't check in often.

I have sworn off that thread as of about a week ago, as I see it now as just a wistful wasteland of flailing around in the aftermath.  Instead I've been zooming around to different threads and actually having fun seeing all the variety of topics here.  Onward Bellgab!

MV has done well in pruning some of the deadwood around here.  A few have bailed out (or been denied bail, such as Morphia) of their own choosing.  For me, I don't listen to C2C, so there's little reason to log into those threads and confirm that the show still stinks.  We have some articulate and interesting newbies, but also we've had a run of really odd contributors, too.  Honestly, I'm not diggin' the thread (I won't name it) that features dozens and dozens of random semi-humorous photos.  That particular scent has seemed a bit stale since about page two.

Bart Ell

Oh no! There is a thread with semi-humorous photos that I don't approve of so I will resurrect a thread that has been dormant for 2 1/2 months so I can state an opinion about said thread that I have already stated in another thread but it went unnoticed so I really feel the need to share that opinion again so that maybe that thread ends and I don't have to check it daily to see if it is still semi-humorous or not but I still can't figure out why it exists and if it is just there for a quick chuckle or maybe there is a deeper meaning to the images posted sort of like one of those numbers station things and maybe I am missing out on the deeper meaning which makes me seem more foolish than I already do and why is this one long sentence instead of many shorter, passive aggressive thoughts?

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Bart Ell on February 05, 2014, 04:52:24 PM
... so I will resurrect a thread that has been dormant for 2 1/2 months so I can state an opinion about said thread that I have already stated in another thread but it went unnoticed so I really feel the need to share that opinion again...
Yep, nothing worse than that.
Unless maybe it's posting something even longer ("one long sentence," to be exact) which purports to say why the Resurrector was so egregiously wrong and which indicates how closely the poster has been following the Resurrector.

onan

Sometimes when one is called a cunt, it is true.

Bart Ell

Quote from: Bart Ell on February 05, 2014, 04:52:24 PM
Oh no! There is a thread with semi-humorous photos that I don't approve of so I will resurrect a thread that has been dormant for 2 1/2 months so I can state an opinion about said thread that I have already stated in another thread but it went unnoticed so I really feel the need to share that opinion again so that maybe that thread ends and I don't have to check it daily to see if it is still semi-humorous or not but I still can't figure out why it exists and if it is just there for a quick chuckle or maybe there is a deeper meaning to the images posted sort of like one of those numbers station things and maybe I am missing out on the deeper meaning which makes me seem more foolish than I already do and why is this one long sentence instead of many shorter, passive aggressive thoughts?

So you're pissed that I voiced an opinion?  It's okay for you to post, what, 80%, 90% of the shit on your "Fresh New Smell" thread -- thereby voicing your opinions/observations -- but you're pissed when someone else now voices an opinion?

I did not say you should be banned from posting every little thing that pops into your head.  I am saying now though that it's threads like yours that make me ponder whether I should keep returning to this forum.

Quote from: West of the Rockies on February 05, 2014, 06:20:12 PM
... it's threads like yours that make me ponder whether I should keep returning to this forum.

There are lots of threads I have never clicked on, and others I've stopped going to after one or two visits.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 05, 2014, 08:23:30 PM

There are lots of threads I have never clicked on, and others I've stopped going to after one or two visits.

i'd say i've probably actually read maybe 5% of the threads on this forum.  no shit.  just not enough time in the day.