• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bigfoot

Started by JohnDesjarlais1973, October 21, 2013, 09:21:58 PM

Quote from: area51drone on October 24, 2013, 03:24:32 AM
Hmm.   Part of me says hell yes.  Part of me says no.  Then part of me says hell yes again.  I certainly would be packing heat, that's for sure.
If i was looking for him i would bring a gun for sure.

area51drone

Quote from: JohnDesjarlais1973 on October 24, 2013, 11:30:51 PM

Honestly, if I saw one, I think it would be a very tense situation.   I would be excited, amazed and probably shit my pants out of fright all at the same time.    If I was in fear of my life, I absolutely would kill one.    If it was at a distance and I had a camera, I'd shoot it that way instead and try to locate it again.    I live within 15 minutes of a reported sighting that made national TV a while ago.   Believe me, I'm serious when I say if anyone wants to go squatchin' I'm game.   I *really* do have equipment on standby!

SpaceRadomir

Quote from: JohnDesjarlais1973 on October 24, 2013, 11:30:06 PM
How are you so sure that they are interdimentsional and not like neanderthals?
A Coast to Coast guest said that they're interdimensional so it must true. 8)

Jackstar

Quote from: JohnDesjarlais1973 on October 24, 2013, 11:30:51 PM
It's "were." If I were correcting your English, which I am not, but IF I WERE, I would explain why I would be correcting it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ampullae_of_Lorenzini

btw, do any of you Dudemen reading this thread who like to shoot things, have any female offspring between the biological ages of 17.99 (repeating, of course) and 20.50? No hybrids or white trash, please.

area51drone

Quote from: Jackstar on October 25, 2013, 05:33:17 AM
17.99 (repeating, of course)

1/3 = .33333333333333333333...
1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 1
.3333333333... + .333333333333... + .333333333333... = .999999999999999...........

???

Jackstar

It's... math. 0.33 (repeating) is not equal to 1/3. That's all there is to it.

area51drone

Quote from: Jackstar on October 26, 2013, 02:00:37 AM
It's... math. 0.33 (repeating) is not equal to 1/3. That's all there is to it.

Simple  proof.

x = .333333...
10x = 3.333333...
10x - x = 3.33333... - x;
9x = 3
x = 3/9
x = 1/3

Trailer Park Boys Bammmm

Jackstar

You know, that doesn't work when it is obvious that you know that you were wrong in the first place.

Thanks for the energy and attention, though. Can I bottle that? Thanks.

area51drone

Quote from: Jackstar on October 26, 2013, 02:11:44 AM
You know, that doesn't work when it is obvious that you know that you were wrong in the first place.

Thanks for the energy and attention, though. Can I bottle that? Thanks.

Your brain must explode daily with all that intelligence trapped inside there.   How does it feel to walk on the moon, son?

Bigfoot

I'd like to hear Art interview David Paulides.

area51drone

I love reading little critter books to my son.  I never thought about little critter possibly being a bigfoot!

Quote from: Bigfoot on November 08, 2013, 02:43:25 AM
I'd like to hear Art interview David Paulides.
Hey isn't he the missing 411 guy that would be a great interview

Bigfoot

Quote from: JohnDesjarlais1973 on November 10, 2013, 04:08:46 PM
Hey isn't he the missing 411 guy that would be a great interview

Yes he is!

The Missing 411 stuff is great in itself, but he also does Bigfoot research.

area51drone

This was discussed somewhere else, but I think he's an excellent interviewee, and a sucky writer.   The first book was so dry I could wipe up my cat's vomit with it and it would still take another 10 gallons of water to drench the damned thing.

Bigfoot

Quote from: area51drone on November 10, 2013, 05:51:53 PM
This was discussed somewhere else, but I think he's an excellent interviewee, and a sucky writer.   The first book was so dry I could wipe up my cat's vomit with it and it would still take another 10 gallons of water to drench the damned thing.

Hmm, I've been planning on reading those books someday.  That's unfortunate to hear about the books.

Have you seen the epic 100 pg (I'm exaggerating, but it IS very long) Amazon review of the books? Someone goes on and on disproving his points and claiming he's fraud.  And then he goes and responds point by point.

One of his Knapp interviews came after that whole ordeal, so I'm not sure how much something like that has hurt him.

area51drone

Quote from: Bigfoot on November 10, 2013, 06:09:03 PM
Hmm, I've been planning on reading those books someday.  That's unfortunate to hear about the books.

Have you seen the epic 100 pg (I'm exaggerating, but it IS very long) Amazon review of the books? Someone goes on and on disproving his points and claiming he's fraud.  And then he goes and responds point by point.

One of his Knapp interviews came after that whole ordeal, so I'm not sure how much something like that has hurt him.

No I haven't, but i do believe that he is somewhat fraudulent, so I'm going to go look for it.  I was really turned off by the books not just for the lack of ability to read them, but once I hit the stories that were based in my area it was pretty clear this guy wasn't doing his research, or if he was, he was REALLY stretching to include these stories in the book.   He used two stories I am relatively familiar with that were big missing person stories here.    Both I would attribute to regular murder/kidnappings, not bigfoot or some other mysterious cause.   

One was Nancy Moyer and the other was Lindsey Baum both in 2009.    He fails to mention in Nancy's case that there was a guy in 2010 who was caught with another woman's dead body in his truck, and the crime scene had been very near to Nancy's house.    http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2012589232_homicide11m.html
The guy also lived in Tenino, where Nancy lived.   It was never proven and she has never been found, but it's a lot more likely that he was involved than bigfoot.    I also saw an interview with the co-worker who dropped her off, and my "bullshit" meter was pretty pegged with him too - I wouldn't have been surprised if he was involved in her disappearance.   Finally, although she's in a relatively rural area, Tenino isn't completely out in the middle of the woods, and there were no mention of bigfoot tracks outside her home, which I am certain homicide investigators would have found as footprints are something they regularly look for.  LOL

With the case of Lindsey Baum, a young girl walking home who disappeared, Paulides makes it seem as if this girl is walking within a huge area of woods on Mommsen Road in McCleary Washington.   While it's true that the road goes off into the woods, all the homes are close together.   I met a man through my business who used to babysit Lindsey and whose daughters were friends of hers and he said that she was last seen by one of her other friends taking a quick shortcut through an area  where it was known that homeless people stay.

He kind of just says in the stories "these are near lots of rivers, creeks and wooded areas"  and just because they are in the vicinity of such things it gets included in his books.   So I find those very weak.  And if 2/2 that I know are weak, it throws the rest of the book into question.   He probably did research some of the more interesting stories to a greater extent, but I don't think he talked to everyone or looked up all the information on these two.   So I'm not saying that there aren't other interesting stories, but you probably could throw half of this book out.

Quote from: area51drone on November 11, 2013, 03:51:54 AM
No I haven't, but i do believe that he is somewhat fraudulent, so I'm going to go look for it.  I was really turned off by the books not just for the lack of ability to read them, but once I hit the stories that were based in my area it was pretty clear this guy wasn't doing his research, or if he was, he was REALLY stretching to include these stories in the book.   He used two stories I am relatively familiar with that were big missing person stories here.    Both I would attribute to regular murder/kidnappings, not bigfoot or some other mysterious cause.   

One was Nancy Moyer and the other was Lindsey Baum both in 2009.    He fails to mention in Nancy's case that there was a guy in 2010 who was caught with another woman's dead body in his truck, and the crime scene had been very near to Nancy's house.    http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2012589232_homicide11m.html
The guy also lived in Tenino, where Nancy lived.   It was never proven and she has never been found, but it's a lot more likely that he was involved than bigfoot.    I also saw an interview with the co-worker who dropped her off, and my "bullshit" meter was pretty pegged with him too - I wouldn't have been surprised if he was involved in her disappearance.   Finally, although she's in a relatively rural area, Tenino isn't completely out in the middle of the woods, and there were no mention of bigfoot tracks outside her home, which I am certain homicide investigators would have found as footprints are something they regularly look for.  LOL

With the case of Lindsey Baum, a young girl walking home who disappeared, Paulides makes it seem as if this girl is walking within a huge area of woods on Mommsen Road in McCleary Washington.   While it's true that the road goes off into the woods, all the homes are close together.   I met a man through my business who used to babysit Lindsey and whose daughters were friends of hers and he said that she was last seen by one of her other friends taking a quick shortcut through an area  where it was known that homeless people stay.

He kind of just says in the stories "these are near lots of rivers, creeks and wooded areas"  and just because they are in the vicinity of such things it gets included in his books.   So I find those very weak.  And if 2/2 that I know are weak, it throws the rest of the book into question.   He probably did research some of the more interesting stories to a greater extent, but I don't think he talked to everyone or looked up all the information on these two.   So I'm not saying that there aren't other interesting stories, but you probably could throw half of this book out.
This is really interesting. After hearing Paulides C2C appearances with Knapp I was interested in reading more but skeptical with his conclusions. His book sounded interesting, but if it's really that dry it's not worth the time I think. So thanks for that!

Still, I feel like Paulides makes for a good interview and has some creepy stories to tell, even if they're bunk. A good "new" era guest that I wish Art had a crack on.

Juan

Quote from: Bigfoot on November 10, 2013, 06:09:03 PM

That guy came on this forum and repeated his allegations.  He was rather thoroughly parsed.  You might search for that thread - maybe it's in the George Knapp thread.

Bigfoot

Quote from: UFO Fill on November 11, 2013, 06:08:30 AM
That guy came on this forum and repeated his allegations.  He was rather thoroughly parsed.  You might search for that thread - maybe it's in the George Knapp thread.

ok thanks, i might search for that

area51drone

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 11, 2013, 04:41:32 AM
Still, I feel like Paulides makes for a good interview and has some creepy stories to tell, even if they're bunk. A good "new" era guest that I wish Art had a crack on.

Totally good interview, I like listening to him even though I did read the first book.   He's very colorful and energetic, and the stories that are really weird are definitely entertaining and spooky.   I just wish that energy had translated to the book so it would be easier to read instead of feeling like you were plowing through concrete.   Maybe the 2nd and 3rd (I think he had a 3rd..) books are better, I don't know.   I can't fault the guy for trying, but just keep an open mind about everything he says.   I should mention that my Dad bought the book for me, had him sign it even.  Before my Dad gave it to me he read it himself and really enjoyed it, so maybe I'm just crazy.

FortRock

TO KILL, OR NOT TO KILL, A FAMILY BIGFOOT STORY
US FOREST SERVICE LAW ENFORCEMENT BULLIES?

Back during the Fall of 1967 my family, my Dad Harry, my Mother Lola, myself, and our Fox Terrier/Beagle Mix Dog named Suzie went on a 5 day deer hunting trip to an area Southwest of Bend, Oregon in the Deschutes National Forest called China Hat Butte. From the very beginning of our arrival there, my Mother felt "monitored" somehow! On our second night in camp, something horrific occured. We heard crashing into tree trunks from 3 sides around our camp. It sounded like Football Linebackers crashing into tackling dummies, brush being kicked into, and loud stomping on the ground. My pet dog was frightened beyond belief. She stood up inside a sleeping bag barking her little head off. After around 45 minutes I think, it quieted down. My Dad, an expert shot, and a man totally without fear, left the tent about 2 hours after the incident to use a friendly bush bathroom. After about what seemed like a half-hour he came back with skin as white as a sheet, expressing a fear I'd never seen in him EVER, and not EVER again. He told us that we were going home to Salem, Oregon the next morning and tell those that ask about our early return that "hunters were shooting to close to camp". Then the next day while enjoying an ice cream cone in Sisters, Oregon that "he'd never return to China Hat Butte as long as he'd live"! That was late September of 1967.

But by late October of 1967 my Father was beginning a very serious, and very secret letter exchange with his fraternal twin sister Gladys at her cattle ranch in Silver Lake, Oregon. I did not know up front what the subject of the letter exchange was about. I knew it was going on, my Mother knew nothing. He placed the Letter Stash with his rockhound hobby educational booklets in the garage. I finally made out some details by sneaking over to read the letters when my Dad would leave the kitchen table where he wrote them to use the restroom, go talk to a neighbor, or get the mail, etc. during his Heavy Equipment Winter Lay-off. Here's what I gleened at first, "big beast (no word Bigfoot existed then), violent, threatening, a brute", etc. But by late November of 1967 I got the whole story, and I also think my Dad intentionally left the letters he was working on so his Son and his prying eyes could see them! I was 9 at the time! A Plan came forward that they had worked out, Harry, his sister Gladys, his other sister Hazel, and his brother Chuck were going to use the Deer Hunting Season of 1968 as a cover for a Mission To Kill A Bigfoot! It would be a trip that only included the Stingley Brothers And Sisters. No wives, husbands, or children allowed. To tell you something about my Father's Family, they were raised as expert shots from when they were little kids. They're Father was a pioneering rancher in the Fort Rock Valley with ties to a Western Political Organization founded by Wyatt Earp. My paternal Grandfather had a letter writing exchange with Earp until 1927! My Dad was the best shot of the bunch, so guess who volunteered to pull the death trigger on a Bigfoot? The Brothers and Sisters were going to meet at the LaPine, Oregon vacation cabin owned by my Dad's brother Chuck and his wife Edna for the hunt. I remember that after dinner that Thanksgiving, my Dad taking his brother Chuck for a walk up the street to clue him in on the plans!

Then around March of 1968 my Dad became increasingly ill, all surrounding a strange infected tooth issue that even after extraction, was not really solved. He then was placed in the hospital in September of 1968, with an apparent Aneuyrism of the Decending Aorta, and lay there for around 2 weeks before his death. Around the 3rd day he was in the hospital, I was walking to school in the morning, and rounded a street corner out of sight of our house. There I spotted a Ford Falcon Stationwagon, green with US Forest Service markings. I thought nothing much, and afterschool decided to begin acting like a real Stingley Man, and move the Letter Stash to my bedroom! THE LETTER STASH WAS GONE! My aunt Gladys worked as a Part-Time Office Secretary for the US Forest Service's Silver Lake Ranger Station to make ends meet for her family and their ranch. Could the letter exchange have been monitored by the US Forest Service "Law Agents"? I believe so!! The only way the US Forest Service "Law Agents" could have known about the letter's location WAS TO BULLY A MAN ON HIS DEATH-BED! A couple of side notes on this story. Firstly I found out that the US Forest Service "Law Agents" often used those small Ford Falcon Stationwagons as their vehicle of choice outside of the forest. Secondly the man who ran the US Postal Service Private Contract Station in the Salem, Oregon suburb of Keizer, Oregon never treated my Mother and I very well after my father's death. Did he know about the letter law enforcement intercept going on? All I know is that my Father's Letter Stash was taken illegally through an illegal search!

area51drone

I thought you're a fucking nutjob in other threads, but I found your post entertaining and you don't seem so crazy anymore with this story.    Sorry to hear you lost your Dad so early on.   Why didn't you ask your Dad about what he saw?   That shouldn't have really stopped the rest of the bunch from going on the expedition, right?  You never talked to your aunts and uncles about it?

Jackstar

Bigfeet is fuckin' real, yo.

tensy

Quote from: area51drone on November 10, 2013, 05:51:53 PM

RE: Paulides

Google is your friend and his enemy.  His books are a fraud and an insult to search and rescue teams as well as the national parks service which he throws under the bus to sell books. 

Google:
U.S. Park Police
Does the FBI investigate Missing Persons
Learn who's job it is to investigate and keep records.  No mystery here.

Google David Paulides arrest
Google paradoxical undressing
Google Search and rescue missing persons

Then give David $45 of your hard earned dollars for his self published book (no real publisher would touch it)

Read it with the information you have from Google and see if he's a fraud.
If you still believe him, Paulides might have some autographs he can sell you and I would like to sell you some "land" in Florida.
Paulides should send C2C a royalty check because when idiots like Knapp do zero fact checking and give you a forum to say anything to sell books, you should reward them with a piece of the take.

Sorry, this guy is ripping stupid people off to make money and bad mouthing good people who risk their lives to search for missing persons.   It's just wrong.

onan

It really is this simple, if the premise is bigfoot did it, there is no credibility. Paulides wouldn't have written it if there hadn't been fools to buy it.

georgesucks

Quote from: FortRock on November 14, 2013, 02:58:15 PM
TO KILL, OR NOT TO KILL, A FAMILY BIGFOOT STORY
US FOREST SERVICE LAW ENFORCEMENT BULLIES?

Back during the Fall of 1967 my family, my Dad Harry, my Mother Lola, myself, and our Fox Terrier/Beagle Mix Dog named Suzie went on a 5 day deer hunting trip to an area Southwest of Bend, Oregon in the Deschutes National Forest called China Hat Butte. From the very beginning of our arrival there, my Mother felt "monitored" somehow! On our second night in camp, something horrific occured. We heard crashing into tree trunks from 3 sides around our camp. It sounded like Football Linebackers crashing into tackling dummies, brush being kicked into, and loud stomping on the ground. My pet dog was frightened beyond belief. She stood up inside a sleeping bag barking her little head off. After around 45 minutes I think, it quieted down. My Dad, an expert shot, and a man totally without fear, left the tent about 2 hours after the incident to use a friendly bush bathroom. After about what seemed like a half-hour he came back with skin as white as a sheet, expressing a fear I'd never seen in him EVER, and not EVER again. He told us that we were going home to Salem, Oregon the next morning and tell those that ask about our early return that "hunters were shooting to close to camp". Then the next day while enjoying an ice cream cone in Sisters, Oregon that "he'd never return to China Hat Butte as long as he'd live"! That was late September of 1967.

But by late October of 1967 my Father was beginning a very serious, and very secret letter exchange with his fraternal twin sister Gladys at her cattle ranch in Silver Lake, Oregon. I did not know up front what the subject of the letter exchange was about. I knew it was going on, my Mother knew nothing. He placed the Letter Stash with his rockhound hobby educational booklets in the garage. I finally made out some details by sneaking over to read the letters when my Dad would leave the kitchen table where he wrote them to use the restroom, go talk to a neighbor, or get the mail, etc. during his Heavy Equipment Winter Lay-off. Here's what I gleened at first, "big beast (no word Bigfoot existed then), violent, threatening, a brute", etc. But by late November of 1967 I got the whole story, and I also think my Dad intentionally left the letters he was working on so his Son and his prying eyes could see them! I was 9 at the time! A Plan came forward that they had worked out, Harry, his sister Gladys, his other sister Hazel, and his brother Chuck were going to use the Deer Hunting Season of 1968 as a cover for a Mission To Kill A Bigfoot! It would be a trip that only included the Stingley Brothers And Sisters. No wives, husbands, or children allowed. To tell you something about my Father's Family, they were raised as expert shots from when they were little kids. They're Father was a pioneering rancher in the Fort Rock Valley with ties to a Western Political Organization founded by Wyatt Earp. My paternal Grandfather had a letter writing exchange with Earp until 1927! My Dad was the best shot of the bunch, so guess who volunteered to pull the death trigger on a Bigfoot? The Brothers and Sisters were going to meet at the LaPine, Oregon vacation cabin owned by my Dad's brother Chuck and his wife Edna for the hunt. I remember that after dinner that Thanksgiving, my Dad taking his brother Chuck for a walk up the street to clue him in on the plans!

Then around March of 1968 my Dad became increasingly ill, all surrounding a strange infected tooth issue that even after extraction, was not really solved. He then was placed in the hospital in September of 1968, with an apparent Aneuyrism of the Decending Aorta, and lay there for around 2 weeks before his death. Around the 3rd day he was in the hospital, I was walking to school in the morning, and rounded a street corner out of sight of our house. There I spotted a Ford Falcon Stationwagon, green with US Forest Service markings. I thought nothing much, and afterschool decided to begin acting like a real Stingley Man, and move the Letter Stash to my bedroom! THE LETTER STASH WAS GONE! My aunt Gladys worked as a Part-Time Office Secretary for the US Forest Service's Silver Lake Ranger Station to make ends meet for her family and their ranch. Could the letter exchange have been monitored by the US Forest Service "Law Agents"? I believe so!! The only way the US Forest Service "Law Agents" could have known about the letter's location WAS TO BULLY A MAN ON HIS DEATH-BED! A couple of side notes on this story. Firstly I found out that the US Forest Service "Law Agents" often used those small Ford Falcon Stationwagons as their vehicle of choice outside of the forest. Secondly the man who ran the US Postal Service Private Contract Station in the Salem, Oregon suburb of Keizer, Oregon never treated my Mother and I very well after my father's death. Did he know about the letter law enforcement intercept going on? All I know is that my Father's Letter Stash was taken illegally through an illegal search!
Is FortRock ok? This post is not in all caps and its very unFortRock.