20131021 - Roger Leir

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 21, 2013, 04:34:30 PM

Zenof

Quote from: eddie dean on October 21, 2013, 09:23:11 PM
It's easy,
everytime someone posts, drink ::)

I would already be in the hospital. In order to survive have EMS on standby LOL

Spinner

Sorry if this has been posted before, but here's an alternative explanation about the UFO footage that Dr. Leir is discussing tonight.
http://forgetomori.com/2010/ufos/kumburgaz-turkey-ufo-yacht-window-reflections/
Ironically, this 'debunking' is done by another Chilean.

Falkie2013

Quote from: steelbot on October 21, 2013, 09:14:56 PM
Hold button....Siri...play SiriusXM App....done - the only channel on my radio...and If peeps cant turn on a radio, how will they ever operate their window wipers and gears, and signals, oh don't forget the windows and AC/HEating units!

We're still not quite used to having power windows and air conditioning. Haven't had that since I had my Cadillac.
My gf keeps rolling down the back windows by mistake and I did it too yesterday when I drove down to Half Moon Bay.
The car gets really stuffy at times though, I don't know why.
So many things to learn on the car. I haven't read the owner's manual yet. It's like driving a spaceship, particularly trying to figure out the gps.
I understand the newer Prius' have Sirius XM built into the steering wheel.
The small radio I was going to buy from Sirius plugs into the car's lighter. It is not easy to manipulate the radio controls on the built in am/fm radio while you're driving.

Nova

Quote from: littlechris on October 21, 2013, 09:21:43 PM
Well, I know most women are into fantasy, so yeah, I guess they would probably be into the paranormal. But most girls Ive asked have never heard of art bell or coast to coast.

Now I wouldn't say fantasy and paranormal are closely related.  It appears to me though, that more men than women dig fantasy stuff.  I've been with Art for a long time.  I'm 41 and I remember him and loved his stuff while in my 20's. 

steelbot

Quote from: Zenof on October 21, 2013, 09:23:38 PM
Damnit, can't hear the show over my laughter! What else, come on - lay it on me
If we're playing drinking games, that's a weekend affair - and we should all use nevermind it's no longer exists DAMN (Lazydork used to have great drinking games for movies) instead =P

SgtRocko

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 21, 2013, 09:23:46 PM
The song "Some Velvet Morning" is creepy because well, Lee Hazelwood is always creepy, and then Nancy sounds like she's coming off of bad heroin...

Yeah... if Stairway to Heaven is a pot song, Phaedra is an LSD taken whilst drinking Absinthe song

Heather Wade

Quote from: Spinner on October 21, 2013, 09:25:28 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before, but here's an alternative explanation about the UFO footage that Dr. Leir is discussing tonight.
http://forgetomori.com/2010/ufos/kumburgaz-turkey-ufo-yacht-window-reflections/
Ironically, this 'debunking' is done by another Chilean.

Well, that explains why we can see two little dudes in the "ship". 

SgtRocko

Some of Art's song choices tonight... perhaps, just maybe, he's been partaking of Hippie Lettuce?

aldousburbank

The song "Some Velvet Morning" is creepy because well, Lee Hazelwood is always creepy, and then Nancy sounds like she's coming off of bad heroin...
I like the tempo switchup thingy.

Nova

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 21, 2013, 09:17:21 PM
Whadya make of it then?

Just saw this, sorry!  I let my opinion loose on the last page. ;)

steelbot

UM, we don't know the original date of the big bang...we know an estimation that it WAS 12 billion,....then it was 13 billion...and now our latest telescopes have "seen" out to about 13.7/14 billion years...whats' this mathematical equation he's talking about

Cantara

Quote from: SgtRocko on October 21, 2013, 09:26:53 PM
Yeah... if Stairway to Heaven is a pot song, Phaedra is an LSD taken whilst drinking Absinthe song

Hmm I think Art would dig Sphongle.

DelphiDreams

...dragon induced smog of stupor... I so <3 "Some Velvet Morning"  ;)

Falkie2013

Quote from: Crystal on October 21, 2013, 09:26:40 PM
Well u don't have to be creeped out any more cause he's dead.  Unless he shows up at your house of course.  That would be creepy.

With the current zombie craze, how would you know it wasn't Greenwood ?
There was an article on Fox the other day that said a doctor worried that the seeming obsession with zombies might not be healthy.

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 21, 2013, 09:28:28 PM
I like the tempo switchup thingy.

The straight section sounds very "rain" like and when it jumps to 3/4 it turns into a psychedelic merry go round and then the Hazelwood rain cloud comes back on over back to 4/4.

aldousburbank

Quote from: DelphiDreams on October 21, 2013, 09:31:33 PM
...dragon induced smog of stupor... I so <3 "Some Velvet Morning"  ;)
Chasing the dragon me thinks this song doing.

steelbot

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 21, 2013, 09:33:28 PM
Chasing the dragon me thinks this song doing.
Makes me think of the RockBand Hero / Heroin Hero episode of South Park...DAD You're never gonna catch the dragon!

aldousburbank

Quote from: Crystal on October 21, 2013, 09:32:46 PM
Let's try to end this paranormal thing. OK?  All people are into the paranormal if they're into it at all.  There's no demographic either and it's getting annoying now.  Just remember for every male who's into it there is a female into it and a child into it and a grandmother into it and an uncle into it there's a wealthy woman into it and a poor third world man into it.  I think I made my point.
I get it. Paranormal=Normal
Or am I fucked up?

Stranger929

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 21, 2013, 08:17:15 PM
Smoking a joint while Art plays entire stairway is necessary. And you'll only get this one chance to do it live!

Damnit, I'm out! That would have been good...

lonevoice

Quote from: Crystal on October 21, 2013, 09:26:40 PM
Well u don't have to be creeped out any more cause he's dead.  Unless he shows up at your house of course.  That would be creepy.
I hope Lee Hazelwood shows up at my house so I can take a picture of him and win a one-year siriusXM subscription.   :)

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 21, 2013, 09:35:37 PM
I get it. Paranormal=Normal
Or am I fucked up?

I don't get it at ALL I thought I was just stairwayed-out or something.

steelbot

Quote from: Crystal on October 21, 2013, 09:32:46 PM
Let's try to end this paranormal thing. OK?  All people are into the paranormal if they're into it at all.  There's no demographic either and it's getting annoying now.  Just remember for every male who's into it there is a female into it and a child into it and a grandmother into it and an uncle into it there's a wealthy woman into it and a poor third world man into it.  I think I made my point.
That is so 20 minutes ago...thought it already got debunked!

steelbot

Quote from: lonevoice on October 21, 2013, 09:36:30 PM
I hope Lee Hazelwood shows up at my house so I can take a picture of him and win a one-year siriusXM subscription.   :)
lol you'd win!

aldousburbank

Quote from: lonevoice on October 21, 2013, 09:36:30 PM
So effin' funny you.

So wait a minute, this guy is a foot doctor, right?

Nova

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 21, 2013, 09:36:36 PM

I don't get it at ALL I thought I was just stairwayed-out or something.

I missed it too, but I think I somehow got in trouble.  ;D

Spinner

Quote from: Redacted on October 21, 2013, 09:27:48 PM
Well, that explains why we can see two little dudes in the "ship".
Me thinks the two little dudes look too big for that "ship"

someguy

man it sounds like he's gunna hack up a lung

Nova

Quote from: someguy on October 21, 2013, 09:41:11 PM
man it sounds like he's gunna hack up a lung

No, he's just 104 years old.  I can see how you could mistake it though.