• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131008 - John Hogue - Prophecies for 2013/2014

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 08, 2013, 07:55:02 AM

mattjs2732

Evening all. Anything interesting that I missed?

Spooky Matter

Quote from: ziznak on October 08, 2013, 09:10:55 PM
damn... nice metaphors art... the beaten bitches and american milatary!
Nearly a nooryistic analogy imho. 

PrairieGhost

Yeah,I made not too happy though my HDTV died on me! How am I suppose to drive around in GTA now? Lol

Quote from: Spooky Matter on October 08, 2013, 09:11:14 PM
I just find all if these kind of people so full of shit!  Nothing has ever not been the same.  Just a different damn day and they write books about all of their bs interpretations when, sorry guy or gal, nothing New under the sun.
Agree. My theory is that with so much information at everyone's Internet fingertips, it is easy to call bullshit on these so-called "Prophets" Here's my prophesy for tonight's Dark Matter: about half the audience will soon turn this Nostradamus faker off and go to sleep. I REALLY wish Art would find NEW guests and bring this show into the 21st century...

RedMichael

If Art holds our opinion in any kind of weight about guests he will run out of them fast. We are just a tiny sample. Indeed, last nights guests kinda sucked but thats the way it goes.

I think this board has gone out of order...

You are all out of order!

I blame shadow people, and Andy Kaufman.

onan

Quote from: mcclellanrobert on October 08, 2013, 09:15:56 PM
Agree. My theory is that with so much information at everyone's Internet fingertips, it is easy to call bullshit on these so-called "Prophets" Here's my prophesy for tonight's Dark Matter: about half the audience will soon turn this Nostradamus faker off and go to sleep. I REALLY wish Art would find NEW guests and bring this show into the 21st century...
I remember listening to Art in the late 90's and I was really interested 3 to maybe 6 shows a month.

After 6 months I will take a harder look. Right now... WOOT,  Art is back.

Spooky Matter

The humongous problem is there was only one of them then and still only one of them now. lol.

This guy doesn't bother me at all compared to last night's chumba

BobGrau

Art seems to be feeling very apocalyptic tonight.

Desmond

I agree.  I'm thrilled Art came back, but in all honesty I am mostly disappointed with the guests so far.
This is such a great opportunity for Art to shine again, but I'm having a few concerns that not much effort is being made to secure dynamic and interesting guests 

onan

BobGrau

Just noticed... it's 420am here. 'Scuse me a moment.

casioson

Quote from: Étouffée on October 08, 2013, 09:18:28 PM
I think this board has gone out of order...

You are all out of order!

I blame shadow people, and Andy Kaufman.

i blame canada and tony clifton

Nighthawk

Quote from: BobGrau on October 08, 2013, 09:20:05 PM
Art seems to be feeling very apocalyptic tonight.

Well I think he always has been so.

I skipped last night, as the ghost stuff doesn't interest me, but was this "Chumba" guy a totally obvious crank or something?

Spooky Matter

Quote from: mattjs2732 on October 08, 2013, 09:14:27 PM
Evening all. Anything interesting that I missed?
Nope.  Sorryyyy.  We were all chatting and heard a couple words like,"all my shekels" and "do we run now."  No que pasa amigo!

Quote from: RedMichael on October 08, 2013, 09:18:21 PM
If Art holds our opinion in any kind of weight about guests he will run out of them fast. We are just a tiny sample. Indeed, last nights guests kinda sucked but thats the way it goes.
I have to think that a guest spot with Art Bell is a coveted spot by many people - authors, filmmakers, etc. A good bet that being on with Art made RCH and LMH's careers.

Spooky Matter

Quote from: onan on October 08, 2013, 09:19:06 PM
I remember listening to Art in the late 90's and I was really interested 3 to maybe 6 shows a month.

After 6 months I will take a harder look. Right now... WOOT,  Art is back.
That is truth right there!  I have to focus!

ZomZom

Would love Love LOVE to have Art interview Dr. Steven Novella.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Novella

BobGrau

Quote from: Run, The Dark Star! on October 08, 2013, 09:21:58 PM
I skipped last night, as the ghost stuff doesn't interest me, but was this "Chumba" guy a totally obvious crank or something?

He's the Scrappy Doo of the GIS.

Quote from: Remley on October 08, 2013, 09:20:46 PM
I agree.  I'm thrilled Art came back, but in all honesty I am mostly disappointed with the guests so far.
This is such a great opportunity for Art to shine again, but I'm having a few concerns that not much effort is being made to secure dynamic and interesting guests
+1

Falkie2013

Quote from: steelbot on October 08, 2013, 09:01:00 PM
true, you'd still think he'd have some investment experience.

I think there are a certain percentage of people who will never buy stocks again because they were so burned by the collapse during the Bush years.
Even now on KFBK there are those who still push mutual funds, or are anti gold/silver and some say to stay out of stocks entirely.
What they fail to mention is that the stock market is not really for investors.
Its for speculators.
One can get return elsewhere that's less risky though no investment is without risk, even Tbills.
But ... I buy silver because unless we totallly collapse, they don't make monetized old silver any more and it will be useful up to a point.
In a complete collapse, silver and gold would be useful IF we'd ever recover, but weapons, food, barter and a skill ( carpentry, medical, mechanical and probably being a ham operator ) will be king.