• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130916 - Michio Kaku - Physics and show premiere

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 16, 2013, 06:46:07 AM

Gassy Man

Well, I did a quick scan in my car and found Art Bell speaking to me . . . at first, I didn't know if it was reruns or fresh shows, but I soon found out and sat in the car in my driveway for almost an hour listening to Mr. Bell quite joyfully.

ItsOver

The good news is the download is stripped of all commercials, including the foul ones.  I'll probably end up listening to the last night's show every night, instead of that night's show for that reason alone.  3.5 hours of non-stop quality Art vs. Art + 1/2 hour of commercial crap.  I'm still thrilled with the quality of the sound.  Art sounds fantastic on this venue.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: onan on September 17, 2013, 12:39:57 PM
Stating that Jay Thomas is offensive is a far cry from being unsatisfied. He is an ass. Channel 104 has at least two shows that are demeaning and often in bad taste.

I don't mind vulgarity. But I am also aware it has it's place. And the way these shows use it is similar to children giggling like beavis and butthead. They think that is talent.

I agree with you wholeheartedly about Channel 104, as I am a new subsriber to Sirius (as of 1 week ago) and am just now familiarising myself with it's content. I am rather surprised at the talentless crap they have in the way of shows/hosts and, so far, have only one other show I will be listening to other than Art's (it's a show that used to be on AM radio but the host left due to a huge hub bub that I won't mention here nor will I mention the show). What I was actually bothered by and/or disappointed in with the complaining about the commercials after the show premiere was not really about people needing to tolerate the commercials, and I certainly wasn't defending Jay Thomas (why is he even still on air *anywhere*?!), but was just so deflated by seeing the thread go on and on about it rather than celebrate a return we have all been waiting for for years! I mean, it was so anticlimactic to come on here and instead of seeing "what a great show!" or "Art sounded even better than before, he hasn't lost his touch at all" and various other verbal orgasms (hope I can say that here, in that context), I read mostly, if not all, complaint after complaint. It just made me feel that people never rwally wanted Art to return afterall, not genuinely anyway, and that they just wanted something to complain about. It made me sad (not easy to make me sad, I am not a girly girl), and ultimately annoyed. Sorry for going on and on about this but you are one of my favs on here so I wanted to make sure I didn't offend you.

Falkie2013

I've been listening to Siriusly Sinatra, the Broadway tunes channel and they symphonic channel.

There may be other music worth listening to as well and I am wondering how their MLB and NFL feeds work and if it costs extra particularly with the Pirates being in contention this year.

onan

Quote from: Falkie2013 on September 23, 2013, 05:55:28 AM

I've been listening to Siriusly Sinatra, the Broadway tunes channel and they symphonic channel.

There may be other music worth listening to as well and I am wondering how their MLB and NFL feeds work and if it costs extra particularly with the Pirates being in contention this year.

Sinatra from the 50's and 60's is definitely a worthwhile listen.

TheSheriff

I thought this was the best of all the Dark Matter episodes.

Its always enjoyable listening to michio and hearing art so full of life again was fantastic, and then six weeks later, back to square one again. Such a shame he didn't stick it out for a bit longer.

BobGrau

Quote from: TheSheriff on April 11, 2014, 04:14:31 PM

Its always enjoyable listening to michio and hearing art so full of life again was fantastic, and then six weeks later, back to square one again. Such a shame he didn't stick it out for a bit longer.

It's OK, time is a river.

jazmunda

Quote from: dan7800 on September 16, 2014, 07:25:58 AM
Its been a year already...

:(

I wonder if the next 6 weeks will fly by like this time last year.

Too soon?

I guess the statute of limitations for six week tenure jokes has expired.

rparna

:P
Quote from: TheSheriff on April 11, 2014, 04:14:31 PM

mmm mmm good.

:P

Delphi

Can someone fill me in?  What's going on here?  What's happening? ??