• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

yumyumtree

Quote from: albrecht on February 16, 2014, 04:30:16 PM
He hosts a radio show in Minnesota called "Darkness on the Edge of Town" which is pretty good, though lots of serial killer stuff, but a good show and a really cool name.
It is a cool name, and I hope that he got permission from Bruce Springsteen, who used to be quite litigious.

Nebraska888

I like Schrader.......and, I enjoyed last week's program.

EBE123

How come callers like Jeff in Culver City and Savant in Kansas City always get on air, while so many other callers try for years and never get through?

a) they have no lives and have an unhealthy obsession with radio(ie a sub breed of the 'prize pig')
or
b)  they're professional callers like hannity limbaugh and stern got caught using

bateman

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on February 20, 2014, 12:40:03 PM
a) they have no lives and have an unhealthy obsession with radio(ie a sub breed of the 'prize pig')
or
b)  they're professional callers like hannity limbaugh and stern got caught using

http://youtu.be/0qCPzETvvMM

Optiflex

Quote from: EBE123 on February 19, 2014, 09:29:07 AM
How come callers like Jeff in Culver City and Savant in Kansas City always get on air, while so many other callers try for years and never get through?

You're falling under the assumption that they really want to take cold call ins. I'd estimate that at least half of Coasts call ins are shill call ins.

wr250

probably bellgabbers, to see if they can get noory to quit too.

Juan

Quote from: Optiflex on February 24, 2014, 02:13:38 PM
I'd estimate that at least half of Coasts call ins are shill call ins.
I don't think so - I think shill callers would be better.  These callers sound just like the people who would telephone the newsroom at 3AM, complaining about Bill Clinton's failure to invade Rwanda, threatening suicide, drunk and drinking.

yumyumtree

I would like to hear tonight's show, but will be getting home late tonight and have to be up early tomorrow, so won't hear more than a few minutes of it.  I hope to read an account here. This guest almost sounds familiar, as if he's been on before.

Scully

I missed the first hour, unfortunately, on the incorrect assumption that first hour is always something to simply advance some Premiere agenda. Schrader, however had the guest on the first 3 hours and took calls on his own in the fourth hour.

It was a thoroughly paranormal show at last, and I found the guest seeming to be very credible.  His book isn't out yet, but it sounds like a real thriller to me.

Dave S. was his usual very capable self, and obviously has lots of background info to draw on and a keen interest in his topics.

This was a real C2C show as in days of yore. Very creepy ... in a good way.

valdez

Quote from: Scully on March 01, 2014, 04:30:41 AM
...This was a real C2C show as in days of yore. Very creepy ... in a good way.
It's easy to forget how a good guest with a really creepy story, guided by a capable host with a sense of "Punett like" pacing, who knows when to keep his trap shut and when to make relevant commentary and ask good questions, can keep me pounding at my pre-set stations to stay ahead of the static because I don't want to miss a word that's being said.  A very good show with Bob Cranmer and the demon that haunted his home and the decision Mr. Cranmer made to stay and fight it, with a little help from that crazy institution that everybody seems to love to kick around, the Catholic Church.  God bless them.  And some cool eighties bumper music, including a wicked version of "Tainted Love" by I don't know who.  And Dora the Cuban lady should drop the Elvis thing and just call in and warn us all of impending doom because she definitely has the voice for it. 

Go get 'em!

Quote from: valdez on March 01, 2014, 05:51:24 AM
     It's easy to forget how a good guest with a really creepy story, guided by a capable host with a sense of "Punett like" pacing, who knows when to keep his trap shut and when to make relevant commentary and ask good questions, can keep me pounding at my pre-set stations to stay ahead of the static because I don't want to miss a word that's being said.  A very good show with Bob Cranmer and the demon that haunted his home and the decision Mr. Cranmer made to stay and fight it, with a little help from that crazy institution that everybody seems to love to kick around, the Catholic Church.  God bless them.  And some cool eighties bumper music, including a wicked version of "Tainted Love" by I don't know who.  And Dora the Cuban lady should drop the Elvis thing and just call in and warn us all of impending doom because she definitely has the voice for it. 

Go get 'em!

Excellent summation!
Sad to see Schrader isn't on this week's schedule.. Loved this show..
He had Crammer on his own last week, but for some reason the format of Coast with music and thunder led to a much creepier feel.
Bravo.

HorrorRetro

And some cool eighties bumper music, including a wicked version of "Tainted Love" by I don't know who. 

Tainted Love - Marilyn Manson (Music Video + Lyrics)

Nebraska888

Nebraska888

Quote from: Scully on March 01, 2014, 04:30:41 AM
I missed the first hour, unfortunately, on the incorrect assumption that first hour is always something to simply advance some Premiere agenda. Schrader, however had the guest on the first 3 hours and took calls on his own in the fourth hour.

It was a thoroughly paranormal show at last, and I found the guest seeming to be very credible.  His book isn't out yet, but it sounds like a real thriller to me.

Dave S. was his usual very capable self, and obviously has lots of background info to draw on and a keen interest in his topics.

This was a real C2C show as in days of yore. Very creepy ... in a good way.

Yep!   ;)

No Name Storm

Dave Schrader, phenomenal show with Cranmer. Finally, a show that would make C2C proud. Sigh....I suppose I can be kind and say Snooron deserves to at least have a job....but only as a weekend host. That would be okay. Dave Schrader as permanent host and Snooron can share the weekends with Knapp and whomever else they want to drag to the mic.

Outstanding, Dave. Kept me riveted to the radio. 

bigchucka

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 01, 2014, 11:49:15 AM
Tainted Love - Marilyn Manson (Music Video + Lyrics)

+1 to whoever picked that to play.  Always loved that cover version and a couple of his other songs.  His lyrics remind me of a George Carlin joke about being the first person ever to form particular words into a sentence.

FallenSeraph

Just now listening to this show. Cool show â€" although Bob Cranmer sounds like his ego got in the way of keeping his family safe, as in "I'm going to beat this demon even if my whole family ends up in the loony bin in the process."

Appreciated the fact that the Rosary got some positive publicity.

The caller with a similar story gave me chills.

I'll probably buy this book when it comes out. He should turn his house into a B&B now.

ETA: Regarding the domestic violence he was arrested for, from Wikipedia:

"On Sep 14, 2003, police were called to Cranmer's home in Brentwood at 11:30 pm by Cranmer's 14-year old son Charles, where Cranmer was arrested after a dispute with his 19-year old son Robert Cranmer Jr.[63]

In an affidavit one arresting officer alleged that his son was "in a state of semiconsciousness to the degree that he could not reply to my questioning", and Cranmer admitted at the time to having punched his son in the face. His son was examined by paramedics and taken to Jefferson Memorial Hospital, and Cranmer was charged with simple assault, arraigned in Night Court by Senior District Justice Leonard Boehm and released on his own recognizance the following morning from the Allegheny County Jail.[63]

Cranmer's wife Lesa and son Charles gave statements to police alleging that Cranmer had assaulted his son, following a dispute over the use of Cranmer's bathroom by his son Robert. Cranmer asserted that his actions were in self-defense, and that his son suffered from bipolar disorder which caused him to become violent.[64]

In November 2003 Cranmer's court hearing on the assault charges were postponed for thirty days by the District Justice hearing the case, after the court was told that Cranmer and his family were undergoing counselling.[65] The charges were later dropped.[66]"

HorrorRetro

Quote from: bigchucka on March 02, 2014, 01:26:50 AM
+1 to whoever picked that to play.  Always loved that cover version and a couple of his other songs.  His lyrics remind me of a George Carlin joke about being the first person ever to form particular words into a sentence.

I love both this version and the original.  When it came on the other night, I thought I had the wrong channel.  I thought there's no way this is a C2C bumper.

FallenSeraph

LOL Dora the Explorer somehow gets through with her accent and a tree and the ghost of Elvis Presley or something. I swear they've given that woman her own private call-in line. She gets through every time I listen to this damn show.

ItsOver

Hahaha, Marilyn Manson.  Jorch would be freaking out if Tommy ever played this during Jorch's usual bore fest.  What would his mother think?   If Jorch has ever even heard of Marilyn, which is a stretch.  I guess Tommy could tell Jorch Marilyn used to date Sinatra just for grins.  ;)

Nebraska888

Quote from: No Name Storm on March 01, 2014, 11:07:38 PM
Dave Schrader, phenomenal show with Cranmer. Finally, a show that would make C2C proud. Sigh....I suppose I can be kind and say Snooron deserves to at least have a job....but only as a weekend host. That would be okay. Dave Schrader as permanent host and Snooron can share the weekends with Knapp and whomever else they want to drag to the mic.

Outstanding, Dave. Kept me riveted to the radio.

Ditto!   

bsbishop

I've started to listen to Dave's show, Darkness Matters. It's got the campfire story thing happening, interesting people calling in with stories, and humor. I like it a lot.

The Feb 10, 2010 episode is pretty great. He does all sorts of voices and kind of makes fun of the dumber stories.

http://www.darknessradio.com

You can find it on iTunes (podcasts) or in their archive.. Just click here:
http://www.darknessradio.com/#!archives/c1xfq

EarthAlien007

A weekend without Dave Schrader?
WTF?

Quote from: bsbishop on March 06, 2014, 05:43:37 PM
I've started to listen to Dave's show, Darkness Matters. It's got the campfire story thing happening, interesting people calling in with stories, and humor. I like it a lot.

The Feb 10, 2010 episode is pretty great. He does all sorts of voices and kind of makes fun of the dumber stories.

http://www.darknessradio.com

You can find it on iTunes (podcasts) or in their archive.. Just click here:
http://www.darknessradio.com/#!archives/c1xfq

I've been listening to Darkness Radio. I guess I'm missing the good show.
*I kid in good fun. I kid*

BattyBrooke

Quote from: No Name Storm on February 10, 2014, 07:47:54 AM
And I know this. Which is why we should express dissatisfaction. I love Dave Schrader. Dave, you are tops at C2C. You should take the reins. But we should make it clear to the SOB Snooron and Premiere that we know they are setting up their guest hosts for failure by picking these crappy topics that are not C2C material. I'm certain Snooron had a hand in this. It's the type of show he has decided C2C should be.

This is the new direction for C2C, folks. Dave Schrader, I'll listen to you on your own show. You don't need the new C2C. It's already dead but doesn't know it yet because Snooron is too stupid and greedy to figure it out.

Love ya, Dave.

THIS.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: ItsOver on March 02, 2014, 02:22:00 PM
Hahaha, Marilyn Manson.  Jorch would be freaking out if Tommy ever played this during Jorch's usual bore fest.  What would his mother think?   If Jorch has ever even heard of Marilyn, which is a stretch.  I guess Tommy could tell Jorch Marilyn used to date Sinatra just for grins.  ;)

I/m convinced the C2C bumper music selection is Tommy's secret dedications to the women he is pining for. Listen to it with that in mind. It's the only entertainment the show provides.

EBE123

Go get 'em!

I wonder why those sorta things always seem to happen to Catholics. lol

LucienWMoon

Was it me or did the show with Schrader have far too many breaks? I felt like every 5 minutes Dave was yelling over his guest to announce one. I think he did well though, obviously better than Noory.

shredder203

Dace Schrader is my new favorite host of C2C. Ever since he came on the air, I have been listening to all of "The Darkness" shows on TuneIn. In fact, I was listening to the show where the pilot "Charles" called in for the first time. Then a few nights ago the same pilot was on Coast to Coast referred from Dave.  The fact that C2C is taking guests from "The Darkness" goes to show how "In" Dave Schrader is and how "Out" George Noory is. When the guests are appearing on "The Darkness" first, before C2C, you know you have a hit show.  It's too bad that Clear Channel is trying to dismantle itself and purposely make it's ranking tank so that they can sell off their stations, otherwise they would replace George with Dave and actually have a hit show again! Dave announced that he will be back on C2C this weekend! I can't wait! I hope that he takes over and that George Noory disappears like the Malaysian Plane.