• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

paladin1991

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 07, 2014, 11:29:00 PM
Saw a trailer for movie "Ouija" the other night.  Due out in mid Nov; expect more ouija board shows on C2C 'til then.
Hmmmm.  I wonder.....payola?  George takes money to ramp up the ouija interest until the movie hits?

yumyumtree

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 08, 2014, 09:57:56 AM
Hmmmm.  I wonder.....payola?  George takes money to ramp up the ouija interest until the movie hits?

Aha!

Juan Cena

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 08, 2014, 09:57:56 AM
Hmmmm.  I wonder.....payola?  George takes money turkey sandwiches to ramp up the ouija interest until the movie hits?

Fixed

Scully

Looking forward to the show with Dave tonight. Sounds like it could easily be the best Halloween show we're gonna get this year ... or until we land on Mars.

Go, Dave!!  ;D

Quote from: Scully on October 25, 2014, 05:34:02 PM
Looking forward to the show with Dave tonight. Sounds like it could easily be the best Halloween show we're gonna get this year ... or until we land on Mars.

Go, Dave!!  ;D

He isn't on on Sundays is he?

I'm looking forward to ties night true crime he has oswalds girlfriend.

Scully

Thanks for the tip about Schrader's guest Tuesday night on his own show, NIA.  I definitely want to listen to that, too. No, I don't think Schrader is normally on on Sundays, but this Sunday will be another Knapp night on C2C.

Tonight's C2C line up with Schrader sounds like what C2C should be all the time. especially at this time of the year:

Hauntings & Poltergeists
Sat 10-25
Joining Dave Schrader (email) in the first half, paranormal researcher William J. Hall will discuss the 1974 Bridgeport, Connecticut poltergeist case in which a crowd of more than 2,000 onlookers and national media reported jumping furniture, floating refrigerators, and attacking entities. Followed by paranormal researcher and writer for the Independent in the U.K., Roger Clarke, who'll detail some of the most haunted places of the last five hundred years.

Does sound good. I can't listen to c2c live, I wait for knapp shows to hit youtube commercial free, otherwise Carnivora commercials put me to sleep.

I agree October topics shouldn't be reserved for bankers, loud mouther political pundits, and number ladies. It's actually sad seeing what coast is now, it's not even funny anymore. It used to be a hub for the paranormal, weird, and news you couldn't get else where. Now it's a silly parody with alien cookbooks.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on October 25, 2014, 10:48:10 PM
Does sound good. I can't listen to c2c live, I wait for knapp shows to hit youtube commercial free, otherwise Carnivora commercials put me to sleep.

I agree October topics shouldn't be reserved for bankers, loud mouther political pundits, and number ladies. It's actually sad seeing what coast is now, it's not even funny anymore. It used to be a hub for the paranormal, weird, and news you couldn't get else where. Now it's a silly parody with alien cookbooks.

I remember earlier in the month, GN had a paranormal guest and acted like Halloween was the only appropriate time to talk about the paranormal.  Whenever Snoory does have a guest on to talk about ghosts, demons and the like, his questions are mundane.  Are they evil or the even more mundane, do you think Ouija boards are evil.  Stupid crap like that.  He insults the audience with such pedestrian, canned questions. 

Where can I get one of those wishing machines?   I wish Noory was fired from Coast to Coast because Noory really does suck the big one.

Wrong thread!   :-[

I wish Schrader used the format on his show that he uses on C2C.  Friday nights are intolerable with stupid news.  I'm sorry I think Mallie should go.  She seems like a nice lady but the guys goof off way too much when she's around. The pop culture news is stupid and should be left to the E or TMZ networks. Schrader didn't even get to do one show the past week about ghosts.  Mondays are cool with callers' stories.  Tuesdays with crime is fine.  Wednesday and Thursday are the only days when they can cover an interesting book on the paranormal and all too often, if there is a football game, then that's canned.  Don't get me started on Joe Who and Mark Anthony(the go-to-guys when Schraeder  is off or a last-minute guest is needed). 

When Schrader hosts C2C, there's very little BS.

I already read Hall's books.  Its an interesting story but mostly what was witnessed were objects flying around or levitating.  I guess what is most interesting are the number of people who witnessed the phenomenon.  To be honest, after reading so many other stories with much more fantastic phenomenon, it struck me as almost mundane.  Plus most of the actual phenomenon took place within a week.  It didn't drag on like some of these stories do.

WildCard

"What breed of cat was it?"
WTF does that have to do with anything?!
Mary-Ann, is that you? The phone is not a toy!

The most interesting case I've read lately are the 2 Dark Siege books by Jason McLeod however he fictionalized the story and a lot of the names were changed.  He gives his character a false name in the first book and his real name in the second. :o He wasn't trying to pull one over on the reader. He just needed a good continuity editor. The case actually took place in the early 90's.  McLeod didn't use the real name of the family because the family wanted to keep it private. It would have been much more interesting as a nonfiction book but the story is good and all of the paranormal events actually occurred.  The Warrens were involved and again their names were fictionalized as was the priest involved who I suspect was Bishop Robert McKenna.  The father and one of the daughters had to have an exorcism and then the family apparently lived happily ever after.

Freddie Mercury channeling Boris Karloff on this bumper tune.  :D

For those of you who aren't listening to the show.

Queen - I'm Going Slightly Mad (Official Video)

I know in St. Augustine, at the old Fort,  there are reports of Spanish soldiers dressed in the clothing of the time.  That would be from 1600-1700.

WildCard

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 26, 2014, 01:36:13 AM
Freddie Mercury channeling Boris Karloff on this bumper tune.  :D

For those of you who aren't listening to the show.

Great topic but this guest should be a hypnotist. "You're feeling sleepy. Your eyelids feel so heavy. Deeper . . . Deeper . . . Deeper . . . "

"Dark Siege" went on my 'read list' when "Bishop" (hey Simon) James Long mentioned it with whats-her-face, a.k.a. not Lisa Garr.

albrecht

Show was good one. Roger Clarke was interesting with a more historical and social account of ghost history, primarily England. Schrader actually let him talk and asked good questions. It is amazing how much difference there is between hosts. And having a properly educated guest versus some amateur with a homeopathic degree from a papermill calling themselves "doctor" talking about a subject not even related to their bogus degree.

Nebraska888

Great program!  Schrader rocks!   ;)

If you want a damn good conspiracy show, listen to Tuesday's darkness radio program. Oswald's alleged mistress.

albrecht

Quote from: nooryisawesome on October 30, 2014, 01:27:06 AM
If you want a damn good conspiracy show, listen to Tuesday's darkness radio program. Oswald's alleged mistress.
Podbay for archives won't connect or is loading real, real slow. Conspiracy!?! Thanks for the heads up though, I will try to connect to the archive later.

Nebraska888

Looking forward to tonight's program with Schrader!   :D

I like Schrader, but it feels like he does the same show every weekend.

WOTR

Quote from: Scully on October 25, 2014, 09:43:13 PMTonight's C2C line up with Schrader sounds like what C2C should be all the time. especially at this time of the year:

Hauntings & Poltergeists
Sat 10-25
Joining Dave Schrader (email) in the first half, paranormal researcher William J. Hall will discuss the 1974 Bridgeport, Connecticut poltergeist case in which a crowd of more than 2,000 onlookers and national media reported jumping furniture, floating refrigerators, and attacking entities. Followed by paranormal researcher and writer for the Independent in the U.K., Roger Clarke, who'll detail some of the most haunted places of the last five hundred years.
Wow... Throw in some open lines and you have a "real" ghost to ghost.  I actually turned Noory off when I tuned in and it was politics during his news segment.  I figured if he could not leave that alone for one night that the rest of the evening was sure to suck.  And now, I find that I missed one show (not hosted by Knapp) in the last month that may have been worth tuning in for...  I'm somewhat disappointed.

Dave's shows dont sound as recycled as coast has been doing lately. He keeps my attention for the whole show.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Bobbysaltereg0 on November 16, 2014, 04:54:09 PM
Dave's shows dont sound as recycled as coast has been doing lately. He keeps my attention for the whole show.

I am missing Dave.........

Mizak

Dave Schrader is o.k. Except it really is annoying how many times he repeats himself.Last night and other nights he says what his show is about at least 6 times in the first hour.WHY????

Immy

Quote from: Mizak on November 30, 2014, 07:12:28 AM
Dave Schrader is o.k. Except it really is annoying how many times he repeats himself.Last night and other nights he says what his show is about at least 6 times in the first hour.WHY? ???
Annoying is the word alright. He invites a friend on to discuss her ghost photo and barely lets her talk!

I liked the doc who works with the criminally insane, but Lee Harvey Oswald's ex-lover? About a week too late to hold my interest.

My only real complaint about Dave Schrader is that he sounds like a P.E. teacher.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Immy on November 30, 2014, 12:47:46 PM
Annoying is the word alright. He invites a friend on to discuss her ghost photo and barely lets her talk!

I liked the doc who works with the criminally insane, but Lee Harvey Oswald's ex-lover? About a week too late to hold my interest.

I caught part of Oswald's fake lover, or Osweiler as George once called him when talking about going to Canada to be part of a show with her as well as Alex Jones via Skype. She was introduced as a poet... and tried to pass off her own poetry that was in the book as being written by Oswald himself while on a bus. After he purposely sneezed on someone to get them to move so she could sit down. She then went on to read whole sections of said book, and conveniently started crying when the she read parts about her crying. Plus the conversation she claimed they had while having an affair was written more like a movie script, and I have never heard anyone talk about one quite the way she did last night. She was bogus if you ask me.

Both Dave Schrader and Dave Noory suck.

zeebo

Guess I'm Schradin' it tonite: Cryptozo's and UFO's.