• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Is That the "Real" You in the Mirror?

Started by Ruteger, October 29, 2012, 06:30:23 PM

Ruteger

Question - when you look in the mirror this AM. Is that the real you? Is your flesh all that you are or ever will be? I am the same person I was when I was 13. Now I am 48. Sure, I have less hair and more wrinkles and slightly more wisdom, but it is still me. I inhabit the same body...Not  trying to be preachy, but I really think we are all more than skin.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Ruteger on October 29, 2012, 06:30:23 PM
...but I really think we are all more than skin.

i'm inclined to think you're correct, but i just can't be sure.

Sardondi

Question - when you look in the mirror this AM. Is that the real you? Is your flesh all that you are or ever will be? I am the same person I was when I was 13. Now I am 48. Sure, I have less hair and more wrinkles and slightly more wisdom, but it is still me. I inhabit the same body...Not  trying to be preachy, but I really think we are all more than skin.

What's the matter, bunkie? A hungover morning?

stevesh

Have you ever looked at your hand, man, I mean, really looked at it?

Sardondi

ziznak

Isnt there a specific amount of time where pretty much all of the cells in your body have been recycled or replaced?? So that technically after this period of time you aren't the same person on the molecular level but yeah as a human being/thinking mind you are the same...?

ahhhhh deeeep thoughts...

b_dubb

but I really think we are all more than skin.
I believe you're right here but I still doubt at times

Am I really just a SkyNet T-1000 with enhanced sensitivity software? Yes.

BobGrau

I don't ever look in the mirror first thing in the morning. The old ticker just couldn't take it.

Sardondi

Quote from: BobGrau on October 30, 2012, 10:45:18 AM
I don't ever look in the mirror first thing in the morning. The old ticker just couldn't take it.

There comes a certain time in every man or woman's life when you look into the mirror and just don't worry about it any more. This is known as "maturity" Or "giving up".

Quote from: Sardondi on October 30, 2012, 10:48:53 AM
There comes a certain time in every man or woman's life when you look into the mirror and just don't worry about it any more. This is known as "maturity" Or "giving up".

True, true.  After several years of not looking in mirrors I glanced at one while I was walking by.  Not only did my mother's face peer back at me, her ass was following me!  :P

Ahhh, to think......I used to have one on the ceiling................  Youth..........   :-*

Eddie Coyle

Mirrors only interest me when they have more white lines than a crosswalk.

Actually, I stopped looking in the mirror when a wiseassed punk said I looked like "Kenny Powers" >:( :'( ...and I feared he was correct and have refused to look since. That was March 14, 2009.

ChewMouse

Sometimes I can give myself an anxiety attack by the realization that we never ever ever actually see our own faces, but only a reflection. I think if I had a near-death experience and raised above my own body, I might look at me and have a heart attack and die anyway.

ChewMouse

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 30, 2012, 10:29:26 PM
          Mirrors only interest me when they have more white lines than a crosswalk.

Actually, I stopped looking in the mirror when a wiseassed punk said I looked like "Kenny Powers" >:( :'( ...and I feared he was correct and have refused to look since. That was March 14, 2009.

Actually, Eddie, this is pretty much how I pictured you. Especially the very small breasts.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ChewMouse on October 30, 2012, 10:39:47 PM

Actually, Eddie, this is pretty much how I pictured you. Especially the very small breasts.
Damn you and unerring accuracy!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 30, 2012, 10:50:08 PM
       Damn you and unerring accuracy!

For real?  Damn. I always pictured you as having Christie Brinkley's body and Richard Branson's head.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on October 31, 2012, 01:23:13 AM
For real?  Damn. I always pictured you as having Christie Brinkley's body and Richard Branson's head.

Interesting! See we're never quite sure how we come across, I thought I was a mix of Donald Pleasance, Totie Fields, Albert Speer, Jan Stenerud and Mummenschanz.

ziznak

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 31, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
          Interesting! See we're never quite sure how we come across, I thought I was a mix of Donald Pleasance, Totie Fields, Albert Speer, Jan Stenerud and Mummenschanz.
I just always pictured you as a sort of brooding autistic homer simpson...

Pragmier

Haven't totally let myself go yet. Being an unfamous financial underachiever, and still interested in sex, I kinda do have to make an effort.

More seriously, Ruteger, yeah I feel the same way. It's still me under here.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ziznak on October 31, 2012, 04:13:39 AM
I just always pictured you as a sort of brooding autistic homer simpson...

That ain't bad actually. Though Homer is more adept socially and a better worker than I. Though my kid is more Cartman than Bart.

BobGrau

...I'm still half-expecting an 'Obama Sucks'-related punchline...

I often wonder what that person in the mirror, looking back at me, is thinking.  Is it the same thing I am thinking, or the complete opposite?

Maybe it isn't really the 'real' you in the mirror!
Check this!!!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2247797/Twin-portraits-Quebec-photographer-Francois-Brunelle-takes-pictures-look-alikes.html

I've had a friend tell me they've seen someone who looks exactly like me and was about to call out to them when they realized (somehow) it really wasn't me. 
Maybe it was actually me from the future, caused by a glitch in time?  Maybe it was my reflection from the mirror (bouncing about due to light refraction or some such thing)?
Oh, yes! Of course! Being a replicant, 'they' may have created more than one of me!  Darn 'them'.....and here I thought I was unique.  :(

And yes, I saw some show about how there are supposedly only so many gene arrangements and sooner or later some will be somewhat duplicated.  Or something like that....I forget....or was that jean arrangements or Jean's arrangement?....oh, never mind.
Gotta' go!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Rachael Nexusei on December 31, 2012, 02:14:44 PM
Maybe it isn't really the 'real' you in the mirror!
Check this!!!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2247797/Twin-portraits-Quebec-photographer-Francois-Brunelle-takes-pictures-look-alikes.html

I've had a friend tell me they've seen someone who looks exactly like me and was about to call out to them when they realized (somehow) it really wasn't me. 
Maybe it was actually me from the future, caused by a glitch in time?  Maybe it was my reflection from the mirror (bouncing about due to light refraction or some such thing)?
Oh, yes! Of course! Being a replicant, 'they' may have created more than one of me!  Darn 'them'.....and here I thought I was unique.  :(

Shhhhhhhhh!! You're briinging attention on yourself.. 'they' will come after you, then you'll be forced to chnage your name to Rachstarchildcosmicentity...or similar, and post YT videos of you being neurotic.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 31, 2012, 02:21:28 PM
Shhhhhhhhh!! You're briinging attention on yourself.. 'they' will come after you, then you'll be forced to chnage your name to Rachstarchildcosmicentity...or similar, and post YT videos of you being neurotic.

I rather like that....Rachstarchildcosmicentity.....oops, yes, shhhhhhhh....

"and post YT videos of you being neurotic."

Hey! Neurotic!?! Why, that is just preposterous, sir!  :o 
How'd you know?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Rachael Nexusei on December 31, 2012, 03:03:54 PM
"and post YT videos of you being neurotic."

Hey! Neurotic!?! Why, that is just preposterous, sir!  :o 
How'd you know?

I know because 'they' know.......(Mocking guttural laugh similar to Vincent Price on the Thriller song)... ;D

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 31, 2012, 03:08:36 PM
I know because 'they' know.......(Mocking guttural laugh similar to Vincent Price on the Thriller song)... ;D

OH MY GOD!!! <(you can substitute whatever deity you wish, or none of the above) YOU ARE NOT ONE OF 'THEM' ARE YOU!?!
*preparing fight or flight response, well actually fright AND flight, as I am not a fighter*