• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

UFOs

Started by ArtBellFan, April 08, 2008, 08:39:26 PM

Are some flying saucers extraterrestrial in origin?

Yes
8 (61.5%)
No
1 (7.7%)
Not Sure
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: September 19, 2013, 09:57:21 PM

Up All Night

Billy Crone has a DVD set that has 10 hours of UFO Coverage.

The title of the set is: UFO's The Great Last Days Deception

I'm not selling these DVDs. I just wanted to make the forum aware that they exist.

You can watch them here:

http://www.getalifemedia.com/index.php/bible-prophecy-list/ufo-s-the-great-last-days-deception

b_dubb

Quote from: Up All Night on March 25, 2014, 09:04:18 PM
Billy Crone has a DVD set that has 10 hours of UFO Coverage.

The title of the set is: UFO's The Great Last Days Deception

I'm not selling these DVDs. I just wanted to make the forum aware that they exist.

You can watch them here:

http://www.getalifemedia.com/index.php/bible-prophecy-list/ufo-s-the-great-last-days-deception

Because UFO's are demons. That seems rational.

area51drone

TrailCam UFO:

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2014/04/05/dnt-trail-camera-ufo-sighting.wlox.html

To me, these all look like they are odd reflections of the deer's eyes, but the other picture with lights coming in at different angles are interesting no doubt.  This is when he says "Another deer is seen looking at a light.." But maybe they had two trail cams and they just forgot about it, or maybe someone else set up a trail cam in the area too?

Am I the only one interested in this thread anymore?

I love this material, but I think it's been commandeered by a battalion of hucksters and fools.  I watch a lot of those real stories of UFO shows, but they always disappoint.  My fervor, my zeal have waned.  I am with Sagan.  I think the odds of intelligent life on other planets is extremely high; I see little evidence that they are among us now.  It makes for fascinating stuff when it's done right:  when the speculation is informed, skeptical but open-minded. 

Doesn't it seem a little weird to you guys that this thread -- the true bread and butter of the Art Bell we all loved to listen to! -- has only 8 pages?  I think it's because few of us have seen anything that truly makes us think extraterrestrial. 

area51drone

Quote from: West of the Rockies on April 06, 2014, 11:32:45 AM
I love this material, but I think it's been commandeered by a battalion of hucksters and fools.  I watch a lot of those real stories of UFO shows, but they always disappoint.  My fervor, my zeal have waned.  I am with Sagan.  I think the odds of intelligent life on other planets is extremely high; I see little evidence that they are among us now.  It makes for fascinating stuff when it's done right:  when the speculation is informed, skeptical but open-minded. 

Doesn't it seem a little weird to you guys that this thread -- the true bread and butter of the Art Bell we all loved to listen to! -- has only 8 pages?  I think it's because few of us have seen anything that truly makes us think extraterrestrial.

I think the reason it's only 8 pages is because those of us who care have seen and heard it all before.    You are really satisfied with the government's explanation of Roswell, and Bentwaters doesn't make you think twice?

I listened to Carl Sagan discussing Roswell; he said that the craft remnants found were balsa wood and the material used for weather balloons in 1947; he said there were no materials discovered to suggest an other-worldly craft.  He suggested the balloon was used for recon over the Soviets (hence the federal government's hush-hush attitude).  I think Sagan was a man of honor and integrity (and astonishing intelligence), so, yes, I do believe him.  I haven't heard of Bentwaters, A51, but will look it up.

b_dubb

Quote from: West of the Rockies on April 07, 2014, 06:16:04 PM
I listened to Carl Sagan discussing Roswell; he said that the craft remnants found were balsa wood and the material used for weather balloons in 1947; he said there were no materials discovered to suggest an other-worldly craft.  He suggested the balloon was used for recon over the Soviets (hence the federal government's hush-hush attitude).  I think Sagan was a man of honor and integrity (and astonishing intelligence), so, yes, I do believe him.  I haven't heard of Bentwaters, A51, but will look it up.
How do you go from balsa wood and aluminum foil to a captured flying saucer?  That explanation never makes sense.  Mogul balloons were made from conventional materials. 

area51drone

I think Sagan was a man of honor and integrity too, but he wasn't there, he was just relaying what was told to him.    He was human, and humans make mistakes.   I personally do agree with his take on the Barney and Betty Hill case.

b_dubb

Quote from: area51drone on April 08, 2014, 05:36:45 AM
I think Sagan was a man of honor and integrity too, but he wasn't there, he was just relaying what was told to him.    He was human, and humans make mistakes.   I personally do agree with his take on the Barney and Betty Hill case.
Can you link to his take on the Hill's encounter?

area51drone

Quote from: b_dubb on April 08, 2014, 10:08:28 AM
Can you link to his take on the Hill's encounter?

It was in the original Cosmos show:

Sagan1

Sagan2

Sagan3

area51drone

I think this is a pretty compelling case as well, the Japanese Air Cargo / Alaska UFO

Japan Airlines UFO Sighting

One of Curiosity's cameras caught a flash of light the other day.  Ufologists are claiming it's probably evidence of life, NASA claims it was just a cosmic ray hit, so move along nothing to see here.  I s'pose that means Hoagland is going to be on tonight to cry "cover up" and tell us what it really means.

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/space/bright-blips-mars-pictures-spark-buzz-among-ufo-fans-n74261

area51drone

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on April 08, 2014, 12:07:06 PM
One of Curiosity's cameras caught a flash of light the other day.  Ufologists are claiming it's probably evidence of life, NASA claims it was just a cosmic ray hit, so move along nothing to see here.  I s'pose that means Hoagland is going to be on tonight to cry "cover up" and tell us what it really means.

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/space/bright-blips-mars-pictures-spark-buzz-among-ufo-fans-n74261

Hoagy will come back and say that they filled in the missing pixels with interpolated data on the left camera, but were releasing the right ones as a hint that something truly extraordinary is happening on Mars.

Interesting article, but I do agree with NASA on this one.

Quote from: area51drone on April 08, 2014, 01:09:20 PM
Hoagy will come back and say that they filled in the missing pixels with interpolated data on the left camera, but were releasing the right ones as a hint that something truly extraordinary is happening on Mars.

Interesting article, but I do agree with NASA on this one.

That sounds about right for Hoagy, although I'm hoping he speculates that it's light from a bonfire at a block party thrown by the residents of one of the tiny condo complexes.

VtaGeezer

Since we're well into the Age of Surveillance and there's still not a single convincing UFO photo or video, I've come to be a non-believer.  It used to be fun and interesting; now it requires religion-like faith.

area51drone

Quote from: VtaGeezer on April 08, 2014, 01:40:34 PM
Since we're well into the Age of Surveillance and there's still not a single convincing UFO photo or video, I've come to be a non-believer.  It used to be fun and interesting; now it requires religion-like faith.

I don't think that's true.  I'm *very* skeptical, but I lean towards believing.   And let me remind you that this "age of surveillance" is on *US*, not on the skies.

wr250

well think about it a minute. an intelligence capable of crossing interstellar space should not have any issues hiding from our type 0 "civilization".
evading radar would be trivial. evading aircraft would be trivial. knowing a bit about humans , they would know that those that say "i was abducted" or "i saw a alien ship" would be belittled and marginalized.
granted i think the vast majority (more than 85%) are natural phenomenon, and of the remaining 15% 10% are misidentified conventional aircraft ,missiles, flares,and other man made items.  and 4% are our secret (test) aircraft. its that 1% that i wonder about.

civilization is in quotes, as that word implies intelligence, which our species seemingly rarely displays. but thats another thread.

b_dubb

I think there are compelling photographs and film.  Actual film that was taken in the 50's, 60's and 70's.  So the idea that they were faked on a computer doesn't apply.  You have to go looking for them. 

Read Hynek's book about ufo's.  It's pretty interesting.

Uncle Duke

My belief in Roswell faded after reading Phil Klass' book, "The Real Roswell Crashed-Saucer Coverup."  I've never read a better, point-by-point analsyis of all the standard Roswell elements than what's in this book.  No doubt in my mind what was recovered was a then classified "Project Mogul" balloon.  Klass breaks down the balloon to its component parts, including commerical-off-the-shelf tape manufactured by a toy company.  This tape was illustrated with various shapes and symbols, as was described by those who claimed to see the recovered material from the site.

Yes, Phil Klass was the Anti-Christ in the minds of many UFO researchers.  He might have been a son-of-a-bitch, but he was a very smart one.

Catsmile

The original Cosmos, and the new Cosmos are worth watching.
The new Cosmos airs on Fox Sunday nights.
If programming like Cosmos doesn't do well. Expect to see more shows like,
Duck Boo Boo Dynasty Honey, or Keeping Up With The Housewives.  ::)

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 08, 2014, 07:13:23 PM
My belief in Roswell faded after reading Phil Klass' book, "The Real Roswell Crashed-Saucer Coverup."  I've never read a better, point-by-point analsyis of all the standard Roswell elements than what's in this book.  No doubt in my mind what was recovered was a then classified "Project Mogul" balloon.  Klass breaks down the balloon to its component parts, including commerical-off-the-shelf tape manufactured by a toy company.  This tape was illustrated with various shapes and symbols, as was described by those who claimed to see the recovered material from the site.

Yes, Phil Klass was the Anti-Christ in the minds of many UFO researchers.  He might have been a son-of-a-bitch, but he was a very smart one.

I've been a UFO enthusiast since I was a little kid, and even though that enthusiasm has diminished considerably because nobody has found irrefutable evidence of ETs even with today's amazing tech, Roswell was always the one incident that could never quite be debunked.  I even knew Kevin Randle through a mutual acquaintance about twenty-five years ago, and he always came across as very rational and credible, especially given his military intelligence background (which now actually makes him somewhat suspect in light of recent revelations about Cold War disinformation).  Just as an aside, I was working in the publishing business then and he paid me $50 to proof the galleys of one of his books, and I also played some softball with him.  For the record, he was a pretty good hitter, but he had no power and had a little trouble catching the ball.  Seemed like a good guy, though, and didn't take himself too seriously.

Anyway, much as it pains me to say it, I now have to believe Roswell was just a Cold War spin job, because that's the kind of crazy stuff the more creative intelligence types loved to do in those days. Too bad.

b_dubb

Re: Roswell ..

It's difficult to think that military personnel at the only nuclear military base mistook balsa wood, tin foil and weather balloons for a crashed flying saucer.  It's also difficult to believe that advanced craft from an alien civilization was knocked out of the sky by lightning or radar.  The former seems much more likely than the latter. 

area51drone

Also, of course, there are the MJ12 documents.   Certain minor details of some of the documents were shown to be historically accurate, like at least one meeting date and place that could only have been known if a document had been checked out of the national archives, but Friedman was the first ever to do so.    To me, these documents are pretty convincing.  Anyone wishing to view them themselves can at:

http://majesticdocuments.com/index.php

I also lean towards believing because my father and grandmother both told me that together they saw a flying saucer.    My Dad said it glowed but did not emit light, it made a humming type sound, and after sitting in one location for a while, it took off in an instant.   He said it looked like a plate with an upside down cup in the middle.   I have no reason to doubt his or my grandmother's story - I do believe they saw what they saw.   And if they did see that in the late 50's,  I don't think it was ours.

Here's a pretty good clip from an old UFO documentary:

Best UFO Cases Caught On Tape - FREE MOVIE

Uncle Duke

Quote from: b_dubb on April 08, 2014, 08:38:40 PM
Re: Roswell ..

It's difficult to think that military personnel at the only nuclear military base mistook balsa wood, tin foil and weather balloons for a crashed flying saucer.  It's also difficult to believe that advanced craft from an alien civilization was knocked out of the sky by lightning or radar.  The former seems much more likely than the latter.

Mogul balloons were more than just "balsa wood, tin foil, and weather ballons."  Here is a description of Mogul and what such a crashed balloon would have looked like:

Typical weather balloons employed a single, 350-gram neoprene balloon and a radiosonde for measuring temperature, atmospheric pressure, and humidity, housed in a cardboard box. If it was to be tracked by radar for wind-speed measurement, a single corner reflector was added (Atch 8). The balloon that was found on the Foster Ranch consisted of as many as 23 350-gram balloons spaced at 20 foot intervals, several radar targets (3 to 5), plastic ballast tubes, parchment parachutes, a black "cutoff" box containing portions of a weather instrument, and a sonabuoy (Atch 3). After striking the ground, the radar reflectors, constructed of very light materials for minimum weight, would tear and break apart, spreading out over a large area when pulled across the ground by balloons that still possessed some buoyancy.

As Mogul was a highly classified program, it is doubtful anyone at RAAF would have had a "need to know" about the program and would have been unfamilar with the appearance of the system.  I know b_dubb understands this, but being in the military and having a security clearance does not mean you have access to any and all classified programs.  Having that clearance means only you can be read in to a classified program if need be, not that you can just drop in and have a look around. 

A problem I've always had with Roswell is "story creep."  It started out with a rancher finding a crash site and the recovery of debris by the military.  The rest of the story (bodies, captured ET, a mystery nurse, alien autopsies, little coffins, etc.) came many years after the fact, and then seemed to lay the ground work for a tourist bonanza and careers for guys like Randle, Schmitt, Friedman etc.  This formed the perfect symbiotic relationship between town and researchers/writers, one needing an evolving story to keep up interest once the "new, improved" Roswell Incident came to the public's attention some 30 years after the fact.

Story creep is now also starting to negatively affect the Rendlesham Forest case, what with the one enlisted man now claiming he received a download of binary code when he touched the UFO.  Naturally, he waited 30 years after the fact as well to tell his story.   Never to late to get in on the gravy train of videos, conferences, TV appearances etc.  In my mind, this is very sad as Rendlesham was one of the best UFO sightings in history. 

area51drone

Any good story is going to have people who try to ride the wave to either financial riches or just for attention.   I don't think people adding to the story years later detracts from the original.   It may make those individuals less credible, but that's about it.