• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Which Sports Teams Do You Hate And Why

Started by PB the Deplorable, September 22, 2012, 11:51:20 PM

MV/Liberace!

and by the way... you people out there playing fantasy football... i have one tip for you:  vagina.  give it a try some time.  it might just pan out.

Quote from: coaster on September 24, 2012, 03:09:56 PM
Care to explain why the hate on Nebraska? Even if I wasn't a fan, Id find it hard to hate them.

Oh, just because they were one of the Football Factories when I was growing up.  Don't they have the third most wins ever or something like that?   

I guess they aren't what they were since Osbourne left coaching in '97 - no more of the 'win at all costs' stuff... still, they barely made the list - nowhere near my distain for Texas and USC.

yumyumtree

Seattle Sonics.  We knocked ourselves out over them, and they went to Oklahoma.  I know its all just business, but still.

onan

All of them, because they are sports teams.

3OctaveFart

I hate all soccer, forgive me.
I believe there ought to be a congressional investigation into the sport, and not just its rotten governing body. It promotes all the worst values.

Albemuth

Quote from: onan on June 09, 2015, 02:50:34 AM

I don’t support the whole bread & circuses philosophy of pro-sports either. But every time I hear the name The Houston Texans I cringe. This is about the dumbest, most creatively bankrupt  name for a sports franchise I can think of. Can’t wait to see if this trend continue into the even more bland  Minneapolis Minnesotans, the San Francisco Californians or some other equally colorless, regional  team name.

ItsOver

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 09, 2015, 05:00:47 AM
I hate all soccer, forgive me.
I believe there ought to be a congressional investigation into the sport, and not just its rotten governing body. It promotes all the worst values.
Soccer?  Damn Commies!

ItsOver

Quote from: Albemuth on June 09, 2015, 06:56:05 AM
I don’t support the whole bread & circuses philosophy of pro-sports either. But every time I hear the name The Houston Texans I cringe. This is about the dumbest, most creatively bankrupt  name for a sports franchise I can think of. Can’t wait to see if this trend continue into the even more bland  Minneapolis Minnesotans, the San Francisco Californians or some other equally colorless, regional  team name.
Or the New York New Yorkers.

Muckin` Fichigan.

Why? Because they exist.

yumyumtree

Quote from: onan on June 09, 2015, 02:50:34 AM

I have a friend who calls the Mariners and Seahawks "extortionists" because of all the crony capitalism involved with stadiums, etc.  He likes the Huskies because he's a UW alum and likes the cheerleaders.

I worked with a girl who auditioned twice to become a SeaGal. She was good looking and I'm sure could dance and stuff. Losing that last 5 lbs. weight was Her obstacle

Eddie Coyle

Hope Solo has me rooting for the rest of the World in the Women's World Cup.

And the Patriots, largely due to their fraud fanbase, 90% of which started watching football in 2001 and haven't the slightest knowledge of the NFL or any occurence before they began watching...in 2001.

cweb

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 09, 2015, 10:25:43 AM
   And the Patriots, largely due to their fraud fanbase, 90% of which started watching football in 2001 and haven't the slightest knowledge of the NFL or any occurence before they began watching...in 2001.
This.

And the Maple Leafs, Dallas Cowboys, Boston Bruins, New York Jets, Miami Dolphins, and Seattle Seahawks.

3OctaveFart

The Patriots had a coach, Dick McPherson, who would go apeshit in (ever rare) celebration during their 13-51 stretch in the late '80s and early '90s.
Those dogshit teams will be returning to Foxborough sooner rather than later.

Eddie Coyle

I have McPherson's autograph from a time he attended my high school unannounced to talk our football team(who also sucked) incredibly nice guy, knew he was getting fired at season's end and I'd gather is probably 100x the man that Belichick is.

I don't hate Teams, I hate fan bases.

Los Angeles Dodgers, Oakland Raiders, Los Angeles Lakers.

As a guy with zero care for fashion, every shirt I own that isn't business has been gifted to me via birthday/chirstmas/father's day and usually represents a sports team from the Bay Area

Giants have won 3 world series in 5 years. 49ers have 5 superbowls in my lifetime (Lost Superbowl few years back) and now a record for most retired players under 30. Warriors team is in the finals laying a Noori sized egg vs Cleveland. As a fan, I'm doing pretty well. In fact I can't think of a market that has had this much success of late.

Since I'm a walking billboard, fans of the Lakers/Raiders/Dodgers feel the need to stop me from whatever I'm doing to inform me that my team either:

- Sucks
        - isn't worth the attention
        - Is considerably worse than their team
        - Is gaining Bandwagon fans and presume I am one of them

To avoid a public beating or death, I usually smile and move on. Why?

Scoreboard. You ignorant fucking losers.

I wonder what force is so powerful that if you like one team and you happen to run into someone who likes another team you feel behooved to say something.

If you had on an Art Bell shirt, or maybe a shirt of my small alma mater, I might say "nice shirt." Maybe.

SaucyRossy

The Jets, Florida State, and University of Miami.
If you're from Florida and a Dolphins/gators fan you can relate.

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 10, 2015, 12:25:33 PM
The Jets, Florida State, and University of Miami.
If you're from Florida and a Dolphins/gators fan you can relate.

Have the Gators sent the most criminals in the NFL, or dos it just seem like it?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 10, 2015, 01:17:01 PM
Have the Gators sent the most criminals in the NFL, or dos it just seem like it?

Between them and "The U" alone...

If a book ever needed a sequel, it's Don Yaeger/Jeff Benedict "Pros and Cons"  a work that was written before the murderous actions of Rae Carruth and Aaron Hernandez.

Most SEC teams make me wish they were Marshall, 1970.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 10, 2015, 02:05:15 PM
  Between them and "The U" alone...

If a book ever needed a sequel, it's Don Yaeger/Jeff Benedict "Pros and Cons"  a work that was written before the murderous actions of Rae Carruth and Aaron Hernandez.

Most SEC teams make me wish they were Marshall, 1970.

I've wondered if a clever lawyer could successfully sue a pro team for knowingly signing or drafting one of these criminals - intentionally bringing them into the community in the first place - on behalf of someone in the community who ended up victimized.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 10, 2015, 02:31:39 PM
I've wondered if a clever lawyer could successfully sue a pro team on behalf of a client who ended up victimized, for knowingly signing or drafting one of these criminals - intentionally bringing them into the community in the first place.

It's happening right now in Boston. The first two (alleged) murder victims of Hernandez from July 2012, their families are apparently suing Bob Kraft for damages. Hernandez goes on trial on Dec 1, for those crimes. But it's believed the families of the dead are seeking roughly 5 million from Kraft.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 10, 2015, 02:38:54 PM
  It's happening right now in Boston. The first two (alleged) murder victims of Hernandez from July 2012, their families are apparently suing Bob Kraft for damages. Hernandez goes on trial on Dec 1, for those crimes. But it's believed the families of the dead are seeking roughly 5 million from Kraft.

Good for them, I hope they win and the jury awards much more than that

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 10, 2015, 02:47:10 PM
Good for them, I hope they win and the jury awards much more than that

I wish Kraft/Belichick and Urban Meyer were all held responsible and cleaned out. The idea that that they were "duped" by Hernandez, a player deeply disliked by many teammates and whose Wonderlic score is equivalent to having an IQ of 88-93, is absurd and offensive. Kraft and Belichick revel in being called "smartest" owner/coach. So, they are going be tricked by a PCP smoking punk? I think not.

albrecht

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 10, 2015, 02:31:39 PM
I've wondered if a clever lawyer could successfully sue a pro team for knowingly signing or drafting one of these criminals - intentionally bringing them into the community in the first place - on behalf of someone in the community who ended up victimized.
It would be an interesting lawsuit but would start a bad precedent for affirmative action policies by companies. Luckily, for them, the government has sovereign immunity because I would like all the victims, or their surviving families, of the illegals be able to sue the government for the open-border policy.

I don't like billionaires demanding cities build them stadiums for their business....and the people keep agreeing to do it.

onan

Quote from: albrecht on June 10, 2015, 03:58:01 PM

I don't like billionaires demanding cities build them stadiums for their business....and the people keep agreeing to do it.

Even if the citizens vote against it. I think Pittsburgh's last stadium was built and taxed against the popular vote.

albrecht

Quote from: onan on June 10, 2015, 04:02:15 PM
Even if the citizens vote against it. I think Pittsburgh's last stadium was built and taxed against the popular vote.
Ugh, that is even worse! It wouldn't surprise me if they also eminent domained people's houses and businesses to built it....which, due to the stupid Supreme Court, is now, somehow, deemed legal.

Quote from: ItsOver on June 10, 2015, 11:29:56 AM
Woody Hayes.  Definitely pre-PC. :)

http://www.lostlettermen.com/article/8-examples-woody-hayes-hated-michigan-more-than-anyone-ohio-state

Brings a tear to me eye, it does. Those were the good ole days when Woodrow Wayne Hayes prowled the sidelines of the Shoe.

Quote from: albrecht on June 10, 2015, 03:58:01 PM
... I don't like billionaires demanding cities build them stadiums for their business....and the people keep agreeing to do it.

Same here.

And if we aren't building arenas and stadiums for Joe Six-pack to enjoy sports, it would follow that governments probably shouldn't be building opera houses, playhouse theatres, etc, for the 1%ers to enjoy what they like either. 

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 10, 2015, 07:25:11 PM
Same here.

And if we aren't building arenas and stadiums for Joe Six-pack to enjoy sports, it would follow that governments probably shouldn't be building opera houses, playhouse theatres, etc, for the 1%ers to enjoy what they like either.

Here's some news about the Arizona NHL team. Brings in $6.6 million and costs the city $15 million.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/29283989/2015/06/10/glendale-city-council-to-hold-special-session-to-discuss-terminating-lease-with-arizona-coyotes

From another article:
"the results have not been pretty for Glendale. They lost a reported $8.1 million on the arena last fiscal year, and they're expected to lost $8.7 million on it this year. Most of the council members who voted in favor of the deal back in 2013 have since been voted out of office. Residents are pissed, especially since the city can't pay for other stuff that's a lot more important than a hockey team."

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on June 10, 2015, 07:34:26 PM
Here's some news about the Arizona NHL team. Brings in $6.6 million and costs the city $15 million.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/29283989/2015/06/10/glendale-city-council-to-hold-special-session-to-discuss-terminating-lease-with-arizona-coyotes

From another article:
"the results have not been pretty for Glendale. They lost a reported $8.1 million on the arena last fiscal year, and they're expected to lost $8.7 million on it this year. Most of the council members who voted in favor of the deal back in 2013 have since been voted out of office. Residents are pissed, especially since the city can't pay for other stuff that's a lot more important than a hockey team."

Oakland is on the verge of losing the Raiders, A's, and Warriors over the next few years. 

They don't have the money to build new stadiums for them, and shouldn't.  Remodeling the Coliseum awhile back for the Raiders was a debacle