• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jorch's Eye Pad.

Started by elbee, September 15, 2012, 01:49:13 AM

Do you think asteroids have a brain and know which side of the planet to crash into?

paperboy is our leader
36 (17.6%)
hi I am jorchnoory
36 (17.6%)
would it be a mean baby?
46 (22.5%)
That'll make you want to think...
26 (12.7%)
I feel sorry for the haters. I fell in a puddle. I was in the navy!
53 (26%)
Yeah, with those fang teeth of yours?
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 202

Sardondi

Quote from: ziznak on October 11, 2012, 09:46:41 AM
Ya know if you look back you can kinda see how the tommy n jorch comic has grown...

Quote from: ItsOver on October 11, 2012, 10:59:57 AM
I'm looking forward to P*B's first book of "Tommy n Jorch."  ;)  New York Times top 10 for sure...

You know, no one could have predicted that R. Crumb's "Mr. Natural" or Harvey Pekar's "American Splendor" would have become cultural icons and earned millions of fans. And you've got a built-in audience of hundreds of thousands of disillusioned C2C listeners former listeners.

Dare to dream, P*B.

Quote from: ziznak on October 11, 2012, 09:46:41 AM
Ya know if you look back you can kinda see how the tommy n jorch comic has grown... probly a bad comparison for most of us BUT if you look at the early manifestations of mario its the same way... In the earlier ones the characters seem crudely drawn and now if you look it's clear that "tommy and jorch" are streamlined just like how mario and luigi took time to really find themselves...

It's interesting, when I was a kid I got a paperback with a bunch of Peanuts strips in it including some early ones.  I was surprised how different they looks in the beginning.  Same thing when I found some early Dilbert strips online awhile back.

And don't forget Steamboat Willie turning into Mickey Moiuse.  Maybe it's always that way.

Quote from: Sardondi on October 11, 2012, 11:25:59 AM
You know, no one could have predicted that R. Crumb's "Mr. Natural" or Harvey Pekar's "American Splendor" would have become cultural icons and earned millions of fans. And you've got a built-in audience of hundreds of thousands of disillusioned C2C listeners former listeners.

Dare to dream, P*B.

Heh, any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental.

Actually this is fun, but I'm going to run out of ideas - sooner than later.  Heck, I already have a couple times.  If it makes me laugh - it goes, if not - it doesn't.  Not sure how many left out there that will make me laugh..

BobGrau

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 11, 2012, 05:03:21 PM

Heh, any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental.

Actually this is fun, but I'm going to run out of ideas - sooner than later.  Heck, I already have a couple times.  If it makes me laugh - it goes, if not - it doesn't.  Not sure how many left out there that will make me laugh..

Do a 'copyright tantrum' episode... or that might be tempting fate...

Juan

Go back to listening to the show.  That should provide plenty of material.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: UFO Fill on October 11, 2012, 05:49:43 PM
Go back to listening to the show.  That should provide plenty of material.

or take a look through the quote list.  if i may make a request... the "mean baby" quote would be a good place to start.

Sardondi

Quote from: BobGrau on October 11, 2012, 05:29:45 PM

Do a 'copyright tantrum' episode... or that might be tempting fate...

Was that bizarre or what? From registration to frantic post whoring to Great White Father persona to massive online meltdown to threats of terrible retaliation, all within 6 days. Like a brilliant shooting star...or just extreme premature ejaculation.

ChewMouse

Quote from: Sardondi on October 11, 2012, 09:04:21 PM
Was that bizarre or what? From registration to frantic post whoring to Great White Father persona to massive online meltdown to threats of terrible retaliation, all within 6 days. Like a brilliant shooting star...
Maybe it was that Cleopatra/Juliette gal. Who was, perhaps, Oversoul. Actually, the writing cadence was different than Oversoul's, but it was similar to Cleo's.

Sardondi

Quote from: ChewMouse on October 11, 2012, 09:30:06 PM
Maybe it was that Cleopatra/Juliette gal. Who was, perhaps, Oversoul. Actually, the writing cadence was different than Oversoul's, but it was similar to Cleo's.

That's funny, because I have sometimes wondered about "new" members who seem to immediately go to post overdrive upon joining. Particularly if I think I see a familiar writing style or perspective. It just strikes me as unusual that someone doesn't need a period of adjustment before they feel ready to mix it up. But then there's no rule that says they have to. It's probably just me projecting my own attitudes, because I'm the one who would want to get my sea legs before going full out. Besides, what does it matter?

ChewMouse

Quote from: Sardondi on October 11, 2012, 09:37:38 PM
Besides, what does it matter?
I did the same thing; I lurked for weeks before even signing up.

But it matters...because I am so very snoopy.

The cadence, and the use of the language being just off enough, gave me the impression he was a Western European (German, Dutch, French, Swiss?) living in the US for awhile.  Probably didn't quite get he was pissing people off until too late.

The troll that shows up from time to time, and even on a forum preceeding this one - new name, very slightly different personalities, sure seems like a PremRat op, maybe Tommy himself.  W could possibly have been another iteration if that, except for the early self-destruct.   But who knows.

ziznak

Hey PB you don't really have to listen to the show as most of your material will be written about here sometimes including the actual quotes.

Mv's suggestion of going through the current treasure trove of quotes should be a bottomless pit of material... I too would like to see the "if you beat a baby will it grow up to mean" quote... if anybody has that sound bite too... or any others for that matter it would be nice to have a little classic soundbites repository.  Would also give project golem a kick in the ass as well!

Juan

Tommy referenced sNoory's fear of clowns last night.  sNoory denied it - said he only disliked them. Liar.

rangers1919

I can't believe I've never seen this thread, this is hilarious. Great job. You guys nailed so many of the moronic statements he makes. I love "I've seen shadow rodents." I completely forgot about that. I remember cracking up when I heard him say that one time. I just picture him sitting in his house, seeing a mouse run by, and instead of figuring that he should clean up, or look for a hole from the outside to try to plug up creating a ridiculous, paranormal explanation.

I can't have mice, I'm George Noory. It must be a shadow rodent, or maybe a small angel.

MV/Liberace!

Haaaaaaahahaha! Tommy just standing there observing... absolutely hilarious.

elbee

He's PRODUCING, MV, not observing  :P

Doomed

As a vet of the board wars, Im sure many of the folks here have seen "action" when the nooryites took on the Belliuns. It wasnt pretty.
Noory lost me when I heard him ask a guest, "Do you think shadow people wear hats?"
From that moment on I knew the show was in deep shit.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Doomed on October 18, 2012, 03:22:56 AM
Noory lost me when I heard him ask a guest, "Do you think shadow people wear hats?"
From that moment on I knew the show was in deep shit.

haha, awesome post.

ziznak

shadow people - shadow hats... duh.

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 17, 2012, 11:28:26 PM
[attachimg=1]

Thanks for another laugh, P*B.   Along the lines of "we have to publish my book so I can find out what's in it."  ;) ;D  And that will only happen when somebody else tells Simple George.  ::)

ChewMouse

I really like these last two!

ItsOver

Yeah, P*B makes my day.  :D  It's good to see somebody take the laughing-stock of radio and turn crap into gold.