• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Game of Thrones

Started by bluth co., May 13, 2012, 01:30:32 PM

jazmunda

Quote from: ziznak on May 22, 2014, 01:31:52 PM
I'm liking this season so far... and now... I'm posting on this board at work.... duhn duhn duhhnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

You're so fired when they discover your browsing history. :)

Welcome back. Post often.

b_dubb

Quote from: Cynnie on May 22, 2014, 02:38:41 PM
I'm so far behind on Game of thrones ..I just got to the red wedding.
But man it's just wonderful
I was depressed for a week after the Red Wedding

jazmunda

Quote from: b_dubb on May 22, 2014, 11:15:34 PM

http://youtu.be/78juOpTM3tE

I hope you didn't react like some of the girls in this video. Actually I hope you did. :P

b_dubb

My reaction was sufficient to scare my dog out of the room

Jackstar

Not having read the books yet, I texted a friend during the episode at the thirty-minute mark: "This episode sucks and is boring."

A prime example of life imitating art. I haven't talked to that friend since. :(

So was I.  And I've read all the books!!     :'(

And I don't care that D & D are changing things.  Book vs movie/series....Two separate items. 

jazmunda

Quote from: Treading Water on May 23, 2014, 04:58:30 AM
So was I.  And I've read all the books!!     :'(

And I don't care that D & D are changing things.  Book vs movie/series....Two separate items.

I demand a word for word adaptation. :P

I actually think the first series was very true to the first book including dialogue. I read the book in tandem with watching the series whilst on a vacation. My kids had a great holiday. I was not nominated for father of the year that year.

Tarbaby

Quote from: Cynnie on May 22, 2014, 02:38:41 PM
I'm so far behind on Game of thrones ..I just got to the red wedding.
But man it's just wonderful
, Ahhhthe the red wedding… Those were the good old days! :-)

The Dodgers radio broadcast is using the Game of Thrones theme as one of their commercial bumpers.

eddie dean

This season just  keeps getting better.
I don't want to give away any key plot points........

I.    Must.   Resist.

Screw it,
there's  nudity! ;)

b_dubb

the moral of this story is don't get too cocky

Catsmile

Quote from: b_dubb on June 01, 2014, 09:43:17 PM

If I were two cocky... I could bring all the girls to the yard.

eddie dean

And, even without the  "pillar" and/or "stones", dudes are still mesmerized by boobs!

The exchanges between the hound and Arya are great! much needed comic relief.

bigchucka

Adopting children can be difficult.  Paperwork, red tape, getting the seal of approval from the King.  Here at the Westerosi Legitimization Agency, we help you to get the process done quickly and correctly.

Let's say you wish to reward a bastard for doing a great service for his house.  Or that stupid cunt your parents made you marry so the family could secure important land and titles just can't produce a strong child that lived through infancy....  but that lord's niece from his first marriage you fucked when you were off fighting in Robert's Rebellion did.  All of your other relatives you personally can't stand, and you would really like to give them one last "Fuck you" in the end after you perish.  Whatever your circumstances, we can help.

jazmunda

I must confess that despite having read all the books I had forgotten about the outcome of this fight. Holy fuck. Brutal way to go.

Tarbaby

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on June 01, 2014, 07:11:07 PM
The Dodgers radio broadcast is using the Game of Thrones theme as one of their commercial bumpers.
sacrilege! I've grown to love that theme song and it should only be associated with Game of thrones. :-(

Tarbaby

exactly! :-) and don't burn your bridges before they hatch!

eddie dean

Reaction to the end of ep 8.
Spoiler! Don't watch if you are not caught up with GoT season4.
It's pretty funny to see the various reactions.
"fucking game of Thrones!" Heh heh
Game of Thrones "Mountain and the Viper" Fight LI…:
http://youtu.be/2bEG0Ybj7v4

jazmunda

Spoilers up to Season 3 Episode 8. Obviously.

(click to enlarge)

Hmmmm, looks like someone is a tad upset.

No One in Westeros (or OUT of it) is SAFE!!!!   ::)

eddie dean

The music in the episode tonight was outstanding!!
Reminded me of the Prometheus score.

b_dubb

Quote from: eddie dean on June 08, 2014, 10:17:53 PM
The music in the episode tonight was outstanding!!
Reminded me of the Prometheus score.
When was the last episode where it stayed in one location and didn't move around? Great episode.

bigchucka

Quote from: b_dubb on June 08, 2014, 10:53:18 PM
When was the last episode where it stayed in one location and didn't move around? Great episode.

Battle Of The Blackwater maybe.  Been a while since I watched fought in it.  Damn near got me killed...

Quote from: Treading Water on June 07, 2014, 05:33:37 PM

No One in Westeros (or OUT of it) is SAFE!!!!   ::)

That is good news. This show could use a few less characters and subplots.

bigchucka

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on June 09, 2014, 12:06:23 AM
That is good news. This show could use a few less characters and subplots.

Saying that kind of heresy should cause you to be charged with shit so bad you would rather join the Night's Watch instead of face the punishment!

29 main characters still alive or just appearing at the start of season 4.

Here's a fucked up rainbow for you.  A tab for every time someone dies in the books looks like...

[attachimg=1]

bigchucka

For the ones who have read it...

What I enjoy doing is after watching the show... going to Westeros.org.  They have a Episode Guide for each show that discusses what happens in the episode, and compares what happened in the show to what happened in the book.  Comicbookgirl19 also does this on YouTube... usually videos are posted a couple days after each show.

I love Comicbookgirl19!!  Great place to get background if you can't bring yourself to read the books.  Also a good refresher if you've read them.   ::)

I like Winteriscoming.net, also.  Pedro Pascal's fantasy funeral video is chuckle-worthy.   :)

eddie dean

Quote from: Treading Water on June 09, 2014, 04:48:10 AM
I love Comicbookgirl19!!  Great place to get background if you can't bring yourself to read the books.  Also a good refresher if you've read them.   ::)

I like Winteriscoming.net, also.  Pedro Pascal's fantasy funeral video is chuckle-worthy.   :)

agreed. CBG19 episode recaps are always good.
I might not be paying attention but when is winter coming? 4 seasons now and no winter snow, well except at the wall last week.
What gives?
The mantra 'winter is coming' during the entire 1st season led me to believe it was some huge plot point or something. Let down.