• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

JC

Started by BigWorm, July 14, 2008, 01:07:23 AM

Wtf?? C.L.A.M.P. is on youtube now???
JC WEBSTER ON GROUND ZERO AND THE IMOM WHO SAYD IS AINT HOLY GROUND !

No shit. But it's the troll J.C. imo that materialized around the time Noory took over. I'll get more into that later..

Listening to this one with J.C. talking shit to Noory comparing him to Charlie Sheen and how he's turned Coast into his own harem.."What's next, Noory and his Goddesses" This is good stuff right here..

JC wants an exorcism on Charlie Sheen! Coast to Coast AM 2011

Falkie2013

:)

I KNEW I had heard Art say that JC was NOT a plant and that HE never had one on his show.

Now if I can just attach this phone call mp3 from JC ...

I got it off of Gandalf's Den and in it Art says that people think that JC is a plant and that HE ( Art ) has never had a plant on his show and never will & that he gets emails from both JC and Edna.

Of course, it remains to be asked just what KIND of plant JC is ?

Creeping vine ?

Venus fly trap ?

Or dried up old tumbleweed ?

[attachment deleted by admin]

stevesh

I believe that JC started as a real caller (a put on, but not a setup by Art or the network) on Art's show. The most recent 'JCs' have been obvious (lame) plants. I don't know what kind of plant, but it'll be  smarter than Noory.

Morgus

I noted a change in the voice of JC when Noory took over.
It appears the original real JC was the one who called Art in the 90s, and then they got a fake impersonator (that Noory can contact at any time) to take over as JC later on.

coaster

I don't believe JC was ever a real person, and although funny at first, it got old. You could tell it was fake when JC started talking about how his wife ran away with a biker. It just seemed made up from the start.

Quote from: coaster on September 20, 2011, 07:07:20 PM
I don't believe JC was ever a real person, and although funny at first, it got old. You could tell it was fake when JC started talking about how his wife ran away with a biker. It just seemed made up from the start.
That is JC #2. The real JC would not be found inside the Pahrump ChickenRanch.

ManiacMatt

Latest JC call (I think) from 1-13-12

BobGrau

GN "I can barely tolerate him when he's on now lol"

Welcome to our world, George...

Archivist1947

Can someone update me on this (I am not listening to that show so I don't know the background of it):

Is this a a conincidence, parody on C2C JC, a feminine version of JC or simply it is becoming a trend now that every show must have JC-type of caller:
The Love Doctors - JC on wally and the callers(part 1 of 2)

Eddie Coyle

I agree, it was always a put-on. Screeners don't care, as long as you're entertaining. As a kid,I used to call various shows using phony names and simply to provoke. "Chaim from Brooklyn Heights", the Hasidic Holocaust denier, or "Donzell from Harlem" who defended the LAPD. Shit like that...

JB Goode

Today I've been listening to all of them on Art's stream. It was my first time hearing these shows. I'm having a very difficult time typing right now because I haven't been able to stop laughing. Truly a classic collection.

rbduck

Art had several callers over the years that I believe were not plants and were very entertaining.
The shows since Art are all fake, faked with faked interest by the interviewer and even worse skills that can't be faked. That's no fake!   :o

b_dubb

JC ... real or fake .... i think the correct answer is ... does it matter?  as long as it is 'good radio'

ksm32

Exactly, the Edna on the back of a bike was a complete eye roller, his first few years were good though.
Although.. I did hear JC call the riley martin show on sirius 101 and he signed off with "you have a good day muthafucka". No doubt in my mind it was JC.

Harmness

Quote from: b_dubb on February 12, 2012, 07:06:31 PM
JC ... real or fake .... i think the correct answer is ... does it matter?  as long as it is 'good radio'

^^^^^

Oversoul

Quote from: Falkie2013 on September 20, 2011, 06:45:01 AM
Of course, it remains to be asked just what KIND of plant JC is ?

Did you ever think he might be an "IMplant" to the show?

Phantasm

I think at first JC may have been real. But after awhile, ( likely because JC brought in huge ratings) they created a fake JC

Morgus

Quote from: Phantasm on March 12, 2012, 02:48:22 PM
I think at first JC may have been real. But after awhile, ( likely because JC brought in huge ratings) they created a fake JC
Yes - you can hear a big difference in the early JC of the 90s compared to the Noory-era JC.
Plus Art never could contact JC directly, JC had to call in himself.
But with Noory and his staff, they appear to be able to reach JC directly when needed, as if he is on call now - perfect for a JC impersonator...

Phantasm

The new JC strangely reminds me of the character Seth in Red Dead redemption...

morphiaflow

There is a torrent available on Demonoid and presumably elsewhere, consisting of a 3-hour-plus compilation of JC appearances spanning his first call circa mid-90s to his final call to Art in 2008. I'm sure it does not include every single call he made to Art, and it excludes calls to the other hosts (including Noory), but it's a big heap o' JC to swallow all at once.

Listening to this recently, as I have, I came to the conclusions that (A) yes, JC is a put-on and always was and (B) it is the creation and performance of a single individual. Listening to the bits chronologically, you can hear both the voice and the character develop, but there's never any question that it's the SAME voice. As for the final and clinching proof, to me, that it was a put on--and if it seems odd that I didn't see it as a sham from the beginning, bear in mind that I was raised with a very fundamentalist/evangelical background, so people very much like JC were part of my real existence--during one of his rants, in this case on race issues, he says to Art, "It's time to turn on the showers and fire the ovens, for the queers and the coons and the reds and the Jews." At which point Art said that was enough and ended the call.

But obviously Art is not enough of a Pink Floyd fan to recognize that line as a lyric from their 1979 album, THE WALL, a concept album in which the central character, a rock star named Pink, imagines himself cut off from the rest of humanity by a psycho-emotional wall, with each bad choice or circumstance representing a "brick". Towards the end, he imagines himself as a fascist dictator, ready to rid his audience (and the world) of those seen as unfit. Of course, it was all meant as a parody/comment--the author, Roger Waters, is one of the great humanitarian/liberals of our age, and he and his associates have always been horrified by those who have only seen the surface of those lines and not the context or subtext.

In any case, that, to me, was the final evidence that JC was simply a character, though one created and performed by an obviously talented (and probably undiscovered or hobby-only) voice actor who is clearly intelligent and equally informed by world news, entertainment, pop culture and history. The way JC would twist and blend those things, and filter them through that particular religious lens, is unique to someone who has had direct exposure to that mentality.

Now here's the punchline. I'm driving home a month or two ago, on a Friday night, not long after I'd listened to the JC marathon, and I turn Coast on. Noory is interviewing UFO Phil, who wrote and recorded the closing song that Noory has used on Friday nights for many years ("I turned on my radio in the middle of the night..."). And I noticed something.

The voice, the cadence, the rhythm, the inflection....WERE EXACTLY THE SAME AS JC. The accent, tone and delivery were different, but everything else was the same.

Which means, if I'm right, that JC and UFO Phil are both creations of the same voice actor, and that he/they are on the inside of the Coast machinery, and have been for sometime. How this happened, who can say? I really think for the first several years, maybe even the first decade, this guy just called the show, and when he got in and assailed Art, Art took it at face value. But I think sometime during the early years of Noory, a formal contact was made, a professional (if sub rosa) agreement was breached, and JC/Phil went on the payroll. Not in any huge way, of course--more in a sort of comic relief/occasional plant sense--but still.

Think about it. It makes sense. And it's nice to have my own little Coast conspiracy theory.

jazmunda

Did JC ever call in when Art had a guest?

The reason I ask is because he always seems to call in on Open Line shows and never when there is a guest. This always seemed suspicious to me and made me lean towards the JC is Fake camp. He seems to have no trouble calling in on Open Line shows or in Open Line hour but not when there is a guest (to my knowledge anyway). It's almost as if Art doesn't want to subject his guests to it and only brings him out on special occasions.

I was listening to an episode with Paglini the other day on Sex and the Occult and thought that that would have been the perfect opportunity for JC to call in to express his disgustation with the show's content.

Morgus

Since Art would screen calls for a guest, he could have told JC to call back during open lines.
Art would only have unscreened calls for open lines.
JC has called in with Noory as host during some guests a few years back, like for a satanist or pagan guest.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Morgus on April 17, 2012, 01:36:43 AM
Since Art would screen calls for a guest, he could have told JC to call back during open lines.
Art would only have unscreened calls for open lines.
Uh, Morgus-- how did Art supposedly screen?  During the breaks?   If so, why would he ask people after they got on the air for their name and location?, and why would he have to tell them to turn down their radios?   If he had screened them, wouldn't he know their info, and wouldn't their radios already be turned down?
If you're talking about the years since he moved to Philippines, okay.  But that doesn't explain anything about the 10+ years of J.C. before then.

Quote from: morphiaflow on March 12, 2012, 09:32:27 PM
[J.C. is a work done by the same guy that does "UFO Phil"]...Think about it. It makes sense. And it's nice to have my own little Coast conspiracy theory.
I agree that he's a character done by someone who put some effort into it.   I don't think it's "UFO Phil" though.    The guy who does, or is, UFO Phil doesn't have enough testosterone in his body to emote and rant like J.C.   J.C. has actually lived in the central U.S. around that Bible-thumping reality like you say; I seriously doubt that UFO Phil has spent much time outside the trendier areas of coastal urban centers, and I dare say that evangelical "Christianity" wasn't part of his reality; each person would have a credible accent/dialect range matching (only) that experience.   In short, I doubt that the same guy could do both characters anywhere near convincingly.

At least you didn't go for the absurd theory that J.C. is/was done by Phil Hendrie.   That's impossible for essentially the same reasons I just gave.   As good as Hendrie is, there's one thing he can't do:  sound like anyone other than Phil Hendrie!   Just like I strongly suspect that whoever does/is "UFO Phil" could never sound like anything much else than a mousy geek.   And J.C. ain't that.

texaskdog

Come on, Hendrie played all those different characters on King of the Hill  ;)

texaskdog

Quote from: texaskdog on April 17, 2012, 06:31:20 AM

http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/phil-hendrie/credits/263525  See? Dozens of different characters :) 

Ben Shockley

Quote from: texaskdog on April 17, 2012, 06:31:20 AM
http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/phil-hendrie/credits/263525  See? Dozens of different characters :) 
And "see?"  Every one of them sounds like Phil Hendrie.    That was what I meant when I wrote  "one thing he can't do:  sound like  anyone other than Phil Hendrie!"   Notice the words "sound like."   Obviously he portrays lots of characters, but anyone who knows his work well can pick those characters out.
The larger point being, with regard to the J.C. / UFO Phil issue: any voice performer has a certain range that he/she cannot stray from, and the careful listener can pick that performer out in his/her roles.
Was that clearer?

Ben Shockley

SELF-CORRECTION: something you'll never get from Noory
(this is for you, Morgus.   Apologies for doubting you  :-[ )

regarding Art screening callers:  as I listened tonight to Art speaking with Derrel Sims in 1998, he said "I screen the first few callers when we have a guest."   He didn't specify how and when,  so I'd assume that he did it during the preceding break (and on fineartstream, you can't tell how long that break was).   Note though that if and when he screened, it must indeed have been just a few people, because most of the time when he had a guest he was still plainly picking up the phone "cold."

morphiaflow

Well we all agree JC is a fake, but I stand by the UFO Phil theory. And i think UFO Phil is as much a made up character as JC.