• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ArtBellFan

Quote from: valdez on August 28, 2010, 07:45:09 AM
    Butch Witkowski on alien abductions and mutilations.  Art believes in the ufo phenomenon.  He's seen one.  He buys into the Whitley Strieber story.  But he seemed doubtful and disturbed about the mutilation thing.  Why would they be doing it?

What Art believes is that something strange is going on, he doesn't claim to believe in the UFO phenomenon except in the sense that we see things that cannot be identified.  What Art says is what he saw could be secret government craft or could be from elsewhere, he is forever the skeptic.  Art and Whitley are good friends and Art believes that Whitley believes his experiences.

Someone mentioned that Art shouldn't be posting pictures of his daughter, I agree with that, I wouldn't.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ArtBellFan on September 26, 2010, 09:59:13 PM
Someone mentioned that Art shouldn't be posting pictures of his daughter, I agree with that, I wouldn't.
particularly when he's living in a nation where half of the newspapers are too stupid to know he wasn't the one who wrote that nasty anti-filipino letter.  some newspaper could print that garbage, and it could endanger art and/or his family.  having pictures of his daughter floating around out there is just not good.

EvB

Quote from: Marc Knight on September 25, 2010, 07:50:46 AM
Quote from: valdez on September 25, 2010, 07:15:41 AM
    Is there a power that exist between mother and child shortly after birth that is outside the rules of this earth?

No.

It sure feels trippy.

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on June 18, 2010, 01:13:12 PM
check this out!
Art Bell - "I Know Who Killed Me" Stigmatic Twins Scene

i love how Art can't stop smoking long enough to finish introducing his clip.  he reminds me of my grandmother.  she was a "Smoker".  as in ... that was a big part of her identity.  i'm amazed Art even tried to quit - but i'm glad he did.  that's a very, very hard thing to do.  i'm speaking from experience

The General

Quote from: b_dubb on September 28, 2010, 09:42:59 PM
i love how Art can't stop smoking long enough to finish introducing his clip.  he reminds me of my grandmother.  she was a "Smoker".  as in ... that was a big part of her identity.  i'm amazed Art even tried to quit - but i'm glad he did.  that's a very, very hard thing to do.  i'm speaking from experience
It's incredibly hard to quit smoking.
I smoked 10 years, I quit about 6 years ago.  I still smoke in my dreams.
Good God in Heaven Lord Baby Jeesus I MISS CIGARETTES!!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: general jamison johnson on September 29, 2010, 12:16:19 PM
Quote from: b_dubb on September 28, 2010, 09:42:59 PM
It's incredibly hard to quit smoking.
I smoked 10 years, I quit about 6 years ago.  I still smoke in my dreams.
Good God in Heaven Lord Baby Jeesus I MISS CIGARETTES!!
unfortunately, smoking has been one of the greatest pleasures afforded me in the course of my existence in this realm.

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on September 29, 2010, 05:25:13 PM
unfortunately, smoking has been one of the greatest pleasures afforded me in the course of my existence in this realm.

have you tried masturbating?  you have opposable thumbs, right? 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on September 29, 2010, 05:45:07 PM

yes, and every time i'm done, i want to smoke.

The General

Quote from: MV on September 29, 2010, 06:45:52 PM

I just found it hard to do both at the same time.  Had to quit one of them.

analog kid

Quote from: general jamison johnson on September 29, 2010, 06:56:56 PM

I found a site once where the kink was, women smoking while having sex. I thought it was pretty disturbing.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: analog kid on October 11, 2010, 08:06:13 PM
Quote from: general jamison johnson on September 29, 2010, 06:56:56 PM

I found a site once where the kink was, women smoking while having sex. I thought it was pretty disturbing.
while i've never TRIED that, i've often wondered if many people do.  it seems like it would be a bit limiting to smoke while banging... what with the cigarette burns and all.

The General

Quote from: MV on October 11, 2010, 08:32:23 PM
Quote from: analog kid on October 11, 2010, 08:06:13 PM
while i've never TRIED that, i've often wondered if many people do.  it seems like it would be a bit limiting to smoke while banging... what with the cigarette burns and all.

MAN: Do you smoke after sex?
WOMAN: I don't know, I never looked.

b_dubb

smoking only LOOKS cool.  in actuality it tastes bad, smells bad and deprives you of much needed oxygen that will help you bang better, longer.  besides, smoking causes PENILE CANCER amongst other things.  how sexy is that?  you'd look like a flesh and bone version of a Ken doll.  sans junk

I stopped the cigarettes because and only because it was impeding my cannabis intake. This was happening because my wife would complain, usually after a bong rip, that I smelled like cigarettes. (Cigarettes aren't allowed in the house, weed is.)

No more complaining here. Just bong hits.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 12, 2010, 09:22:54 PM
I stopped the cigarettes because and only because it was impeding my cannabis intake. This was happening because my wife would complain, usually after a bong rip, that I smelled like cigarettes. (Cigarettes aren't allowed in the house, weed is.)

No more complaining here. Just bong hits.
guild... one day, i must pay a visit to your home.   i promise not to stay for more than... oh, say three or four days.  i'll bring the domino's pizza and fried twinkies.

b_dubb

if you really wanted to get guys to stop smoking you'd plaster a warning on the pack that reads ... WARNING CAUSES PENILE CANCER and that would pretty much be the end of smoking

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on October 13, 2010, 04:16:05 PM
if you really wanted to get guys to stop smoking you'd plaster a warning on the pack that reads ... WARNING CAUSES PENILE CANCER and that would pretty much be the end of smoking
i don't know.  addicts will go to great lengths in throwing caution to the wind to acquire their fix.

b_dubb

what if the whole penile cancer angle was promoted by a rusty pair of scissors? hmmm?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on October 13, 2010, 08:05:15 PM
what if the whole penile cancer angle was promoted by a rusty pair of scissors? hmmm?
haha, ok, now we're just getting silly.

b_dubb

one thing i've noticed about Art is how he says ... "at all".  its not "a tallll".  no sir.  its "at all".  not " atoll " or " eh tolll ".  also, why is it that it seems like he wants every subject to arc back to somehow being relevant and consistent with the Bible?  i mean if you're a fundamentalist, there's no escape.  but for everyone else ... its just a book

EvB

Quote from: b_dubb on October 14, 2010, 06:25:44 PM
one thing i've noticed about Art is how he says ... "at all".  its not "a tallll".  no sir.  its "at all".  not " atoll " or " eh tolll ".  also, why is it that it seems like he wants every subject to arc back to somehow being relevant and consistent with the Bible?  i mean if you're a fundamentalist, there's no escape.  but for everyone else ... its just a book

Quite honestly - I think that's rather "Old school" of Art and goes back to when he first did Paranormal Radio.  Before scripture other than judeo/christian became part of pop-culture, it was common to refer to "the bible" as a cultural standard - a norm - and something use as a measure of the line between normal and "para."

It also seems to me that people worry a whole lot more about what scriptures say, what they really mean, and what the impact of them may be than they did when King James was a point of common cultural reference.

Queen

but....
1) do we have any clue if Art still cares for his show?  by this I mean really care, as in more than a guest host cares.     I cant answere that one for you, but my guess is yes, since he still comes back to it. 
2) do we have any clue if Art maintains ANY level of creative control over the program?     I herd a shortwave recording of Art that Mike plays once in a while. On the shortwave he was talking about how he wont have controll over it and he wasn't happy with George moving the show to L.A. He feared that L.A. would have influance over the show, thats why he stayed where he was in Nevada 
3) do we know why Art never met Noory in person untill just recently?     My guess is, he never met him not because he didnt like him or anything like that, it was because Art is very private person. 
4) do we know if Art monitors any of the coast forums that criticize Noory?

He says on air that he "didn't hear that show"  refering to Noory. So my guess is after the first year or so he stoped listening 
most importantly,
1) is there any chance he would come  back to at least full weekend duty?     My guess is MAYBE only because Asia is growing up and having a kid and a wife he might want to have something to distract himself from and hes been doing radio all of his adult life, At some point im sure he will return to at least weekends

2) is there any chance he would force Noory out or create a competing program now that his non-compete clause with Premiere has expired?       I doubt that He said "George get's it" thats why George became the host of the show, because he gets the idea of Coast to Coast, its not just UFO's Ghost's and all the paranormal.     

b_dubb

i think Art is first and foremost a SHOWMAN - not a salesman.  there's a bit of P.T. Barnum in him which explains why he puts up with Ed Dames and other obvious frauds - ratings RATINGS RATINGS.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: NIN on October 22, 2010, 11:08:19 PM

but....
1) do we have any clue if Art still cares for his show?  by this I mean really care, as in more than a guest host cares.     I cant answere that one for you, but my guess is yes, since he still comes back to it. 
2) do we have any clue if Art maintains ANY level of creative control over the program?     I herd a shortwave recording of Art that Mike plays once in a while. On the shortwave he was talking about how he wont have controll over it and he wasn't happy with George moving the show to L.A. He feared that L.A. would have influance over the show, thats why he stayed where he was in Nevada 
3) do we know why Art never met Noory in person untill just recently?     My guess is, he never met him not because he didnt like him or anything like that, it was because Art is very private person. 
4) do we know if Art monitors any of the coast forums that criticize Noory?

He says on air that he "didn't hear that show"  refering to Noory. So my guess is after the first year or so he stoped listening 
most importantly,
1) is there any chance he would come  back to at least full weekend duty?     My guess is MAYBE only because Asia is growing up and having a kid and a wife he might want to have something to distract himself from and hes been doing radio all of his adult life, At some point im sure he will return to at least weekends

2) is there any chance he would force Noory out or create a competing program now that his non-compete clause with Premiere has expired?       I doubt that He said "George get's it" thats why George became the host of the show, because he gets the idea of Coast to Coast, its not just UFO's Ghost's and all the paranormal.   
thanks for this.

Quote from: b_dubb on October 22, 2010, 11:30:56 PM
i think Art is first and foremost a SHOWMAN - not a salesman.  there's a bit of P.T. Barnum in him which explains why he puts up with Ed Dames and other obvious frauds - ratings RATINGS RATINGS.
agreed.

awguy

Art has been asked about this a few times by listeners (most recently a few months ago) and his answers seem to indicate the following:

1.) Art is very happy with his life in the Philippines in fact, he mentioned the last time he was on that they might be moving to another part of the country.
2.) Art has no creative control over the show and is a bit disappointed with the direction the show has taken in recent years.
3.) He almost never listens to the show when he is off (but I think this has always been the case, even when he was the full time host)
4.) He had no say in who his replacement host was going to be when he retired in 2002.
5.) George Noory would not have been his first choice if he DID have a say.

Art is pretty web savvy, and I'm sure he knows about many of these forums. He used to (and maybe still does) post on the Fantastic Forum website from time to time.

As a sidenote: Working in radio myself, I know that listener protests and petitions rarely work. When major decisions are made, they have lots or research and consultants to back them up. The only time I ever remember a protest working was a couple years ago when a popular overnight radio host in Boston was let go due to economic cutbacks. Listeners spoke out and he was hired back a couple months later.

I'm sure premiere knows there is an anti-Noory crowd out there. They have shut down whole websites who's sole purpose it was to trash him. Unfortunately, enough time has gone by that a a majority of C2C listeners only know Noory as the full time host. And if Art were to come back now, there would be a huge Anti-Art crowd out there I'm sure.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: awguy on October 23, 2010, 09:48:29 AM
Unfortunately, enough time has gone by that a a majority of C2C listeners only know Noory as the full time host. And if Art were to come back now, there would be a huge Anti-Art crowd out there I'm sure.
truer words were never spoken.  that's why i wish art would sever his relationship with premiere and go do his own thing.  let snoory sleep in the bed he's made for himself. 

i think half of noory's audience is comprised of art bell fans who continue staying plugged in to the show and/or subscribed to streamlink just to catch art on the rare occasions he hosts.

analog kid

Quotei think half of noory's audience is comprised of art bell fans who continue staying plugged in to the show and/or subscribed to streamlink just to catch art on the rare occasions he hosts.

My sister and brother-in-law are long-time listeners, and love Noory. They don't care for Knapp, loathe Punnett, and aren't amused when I mention that communities like this one exist. They're part of the other half, who think Noory is "nice," and the other guys are jerks.