• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nightshift on July 19, 2010, 08:09:28 PM
at least its ART ! I'l tune in to that.
i don't know.  i don't think that alone is enough to sustain me anymore.

Quote from: MV on July 22, 2010, 02:19:40 AM
i don't know.  i don't think that alone is enough to sustain me anymore.

I don't know what you're talking about. After nearly twenty years of Art talking dramatically about the IMPENDING COMING GLOBIAL SUPERSTORM!!!!!!!! and show after show of the same weather Chicken Littleing (as well as a best-selling book and summer blockbuster movie) I don't know how anyone could tire of hearing about the imminent weather global clusterfuck.

Seriously though I should listen and take a shot every time Art says "Climate Change." It'll be one of the best C2Cs ever. I got to make sure to leave a note inmy pocket so the paramedics know it's alcohol poisoning and not diabetic shock that made me comatose.  ;)

or take a shot every time he says "ques-chi-en" or "Caller, extinguish ... your radio..."

i try not to miss any of art's shows anymore, its not often that you get to hear the master live on the air these days. I think it would  be beneficial for most if he would come back to host dreamland maybe in podcast form or something.

slipstream

Quote from: MV on July 22, 2010, 02:19:40 AM
i don't know.  i don't think that alone is enough to sustain me anymore.

I am with you.  Gonna listen to the first hour then I will go to bed.

Stupid lady screening art's calls hangs up on me after I called in over 100 times. :(

valdez

What started out as a discussion about the oil spill with Peter Ward ended up as a full blown global warming communist rally.  The beauty of it was how Art acknowledged the emotional intensity of the emails and fast blast he was getting and encouraged the skeptics to call in and stand up for themselves, which is light years beyond anything George would have done (admit he's getting a bunch of less than adoring fastblast?)  under his night hawk zone of Stalinist zombie repression.  And then some guy calls in identifying himself as a "Nooryite" (I'm not kidding) and accused Art of attempting to stage a coup to get his show back.  I wish.  Great show.  Viva el grande comrade Art, siempre.
Yeah.  That's him.

yeah that Nooryite was an asshole and he took my spot, i was going to talk about aliens and cusco but that fucker came on instead... and the lady screening calls... i don't like her very much at all, to be honest.

ArtBellFan

Accusing Art of trying to take his show back, what the idiot doesn't understand is that if Art wanted the show back Noory would be gone in a New York second..since I have never listened to Noory I didn't know that he promotes Global Warming as not real, what a jerk, when Art did the show it was all about truth.

Ruteger

Yawn. I was not impressed. What is it with the cult of Art Bell Worship on this board? C'mon! This guy lives on the 19th floor of some condo in a third-world country.

P.S. Art emphatically stated he has no desire to take control of C2C from the Nooron. I have better things to do anyway - like sleeping.

I genuinely think Art Bell is one of the better interviewers and radio hosts I've ever heard. I enjoy his sense of humor and perspective. However that's no worship or fanaticism beyond my respect and enjoyment of his work. Personally there's some quirks to Art and some political views of his I don't like. However that doesn't detract anything from his show.

Truth like Ed Dames, Michael Horn, Richard Hoagland, and the whole myriad of "paranormal experts" with a DVD to sell.

Nooryite sounds like a clever humorist or a mentally ill moron. Both Art is a master at getting the most of on the show.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on July 24, 2010, 01:36:27 PM
Personally there's some quirks to Art and some political views of his I don't like. However that doesn't detract anything from his show.
agreed.  while i don't like art's whole chicken little approach to global warming/climate change etc., it hasn't affected my appreciation of his broadcast mastery.  however, i just can't take any more shows on the topic.  enough is enough.  i didn't bother tuning in when he filled in last night.

saab93driver

Just the fact there is call screener sucks - that was part of the magic of the show from past days.  I did listen to the whole program while getting hammered. It was OK to hear Art again but call screener aside the shows he does now are still missing something.  Let's put it this way, if Art was starting out today and any of the past 3 shows he has done this year were the first time I heard him I wouldn't be all that bothered if I never heard his show again, it's not bad but also just not as engaging anymore.  And I'm going to say it -  I'm happy for him that he has found what he wants but I don't really need the first 10 minutes of him talking about his wife and kid and family pictures posted on the website, unless there's something really outstanding going on I don't need an all the AB's update.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: saab93driver on July 24, 2010, 01:45:17 PM
Just the fact there is call screener sucks - that was part of the magic of the show from past days. 
nuff said.

I don't mind the AB updates. Did you guys hear that insensitive mentally ill fuck who called in and asked Art when he would do an athsma special? How dare he...

Quote from: saab93driver on July 24, 2010, 01:45:17 PM
And I'm going to say it -  I'm happy for him that he has found what he wants but I don't really need the first 10 minutes of him talking about his wife and kid and family pictures posted on the website, unless there's something really outstanding going on I don't need an all the AB's update.

What? You don't enjoy listening to ten minutes every show about how an American widower in his 60s bounced half way across the world to a third world country to marry a girl a third his age that he knew for a few days in a way that it sounds like he is practically begging you to accept this as normal healthy behavior? You also don't enjoy hearing about the uncomfortable cross-cultural difficulties, how his wife made him change all his life around, or a 60 something year old man's three year old? That's odd... it makes for such titillating radio.

I have to admit I really am not that into the Manilla shows, they sound like they're being done by a man who's not all there. I've thought about calling in and suggesting "Why don't Art play some solitaire?" Also I think Art has become a nostalgia act now. Brought in on the weekends only to keep fans like us around. So Art comes on and rambles off his personal stuff to answer the 1000s of e-mails he probably still gets on a weekly basis from people wondering what's up with him and push the subjects he's interested in pushing. Since he's a nostalgia act now and only hosts rarely, he's lost the hard hitting edge of the night in and night out grind that made his show so good.

I still love Art, I'll catch him anytime I can. But I agree with what you're saying and adding my two cents.

saab93driver

If Art is on I will always tune in or at least record the shows.  There   is always a hope that there will be a nugget in the show to remind me of   what made me an Art Bell C2C fan many years ago and hope will be the last thing to die but it's clear in my mind that best shows from Art are behind us.   

I try not to let my opinion of the young wife thing bother me too much, I don't really agree with it for myself but it's his life but hearing about it by default on EVERY show he hosts doesn't add anything for me - I simply am not that interested.  I don't really give a shit that his wife passed the test to get her radio license along with him.  I guess if he is going to open up the door to talk about his family then it's fair game for callers to mention it as well.  I'm not wishing that people would engage him about his personal life because I am listening to hear about the other things on the show but I'm surprised that he never talks about his son anymore and even more surprised that nobody calls and asks Art about him. 

punkinpie

Quote from: MV on July 24, 2010, 01:40:27 PM
agreed.  while i don't like art's whole chicken little approach to global warming/climate change etc., it hasn't affected my appreciation of his broadcast mastery.  however, i just can't take any more shows on the topic.  enough is enough.  i didn't bother tuning in when he filled in last night.

It was great to hear Art back on, but if you missed it you didn't miss much.  The global warming thing has been beaten to death.  I wish he would have done a different topic.

saab93driver

Quote from: punkinpie on July 24, 2010, 05:04:17 PM
It was great to hear Art back on, but if you missed it you didn't miss much.  The global warming thing has been beaten to death.  I wish he would have done a different topic.

Open lines with a special line for whatever off the wall topic he can come up with would be a refreshing change.  If he is going to do just a few shows a year then I don't need or want to hear from the GIS, Ed Dames, Kaku or anything more about the Day After Tomorrow scenario. 

iBelieve

I tuned in for 5 minutes, then my AM station died (on the road) and I didn't bother to find another station once I found out the topic :(

Quote from: saab93driver on July 24, 2010, 09:02:54 PM
Open lines with a special line for whatever off the wall topic he can come up with would be a refreshing change.  If he is going to do just a few shows a year then I don't need or want to hear from the GIS, Ed Dames, Kaku or anything more about the Day After Tomorrow scenario.

Wonder how well that special line will work with a screener?

saab93driver

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on July 25, 2010, 03:44:54 PM
Wonder how well that special line will work with a screener?

It would probably have to be a show from Pahrump where he can run the board himself, IIRC I think that is one of the technical limitaions with the Manilla setup, on the other hand you'd think a screener could simply que up the calls without "screening" them.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: saab93driver on July 25, 2010, 08:32:03 PM
...on the other hand you'd think a screener could simply que up the calls without "screening" them.
exactly.  this has really disappointed me.

punkinpie

Quote from: saab93driver on July 24, 2010, 09:02:54 PM

I LOVE open lines! 

Most of my favorite moments from the show were from particularly creepy open lines calls.  I love it when the crazies get through. 

I remember in the early '90s driving around in my car on my nights off and listening to C2C.  One night a guy called in saying that the government was after him.  I think he meant like the men in black.  Anyway, he said that they were there at his house, then he screamed and hung up the phone.  He genuinely sounded terrified.  It was awesome, classic C2C!!!

janem

i would love to see some more pics of art, airyn, & asia.  I truely worried about art when ramona died.  Did she have a heart attack?  I did not get to listen much during that time, but i heard it was heartbreaking.  I heard he was suicidal. I know they seemed to of had a great marriage and a wonderful life together.  I just hope he is as happy now and he was then.  Why is he staying in phillipines so much now?  I always love to hear about his personal life if anyone knows anything and how he is truely doing. I wish i could have married him.  :-* lol!! 

MV/Liberace!

my recollection is that ramona died of a fatal asthma attack and overuse of her asthma medication which caused her respiratory system to essentially become unproductive.

i have attached a copy of the first show art did after ramona's death in which most questions are answered.

[attachment deleted by admin]

MV/Liberace!

here is a nice little nugget for you guys.  this is a tribute video someone put together featuring clips from art's show and his appearance on larry king.  feel free to pass the link around to anybody you think might be interested.

starrmtn001

Quote from: MV on August 01, 2010, 09:53:16 AM
here is a nice little nugget for you guys.  this is a tribute video someone put together featuring clips from art's show and his appearance on larry king.  feel free to pass the link around to anybody you think might be interested.

Thanks MV.  You rock! ;D

what a great video to add to my collection.

also, coasttocoastam.com has had art listed to host this friday, and thankfully the topic is ufos/abduction/human mutilation.

"Filling in for George, Art Bell talks with the Director of the UFO Research Center of Pennsylvania, Butch Witkowski, about UFOs and abduction phenomena, including startling evidence of human mutilations which mirror the evidence found at cattle mutilations scenes."

the last eight live hours of art bell that I have listened to have been about the oil spill! UFOS!