• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

HumanBeing

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 20, 2018, 08:49:20 AM
No Mitd tribute show tonight...replay of Dr. Michio Kaku

I'd be surprised if MITD lasts more than a month when it returns. If it returns at all.

Without Art plugging the show on Facebook, and occasionally teasing that he may do a show from time to time, their dwindling subscribers might take a huge nosedive.
Even though Art was not at the mic he more than likely was the glue that held that show together behind the scenes. He was no doubt the mediator between Keith and Heather.

My speculation is that he financially supported the show by supplementing MITD's capital because, if the FB posts by Heather are true, their subscribers have steadily declined since Art left the airwaves. I doubt there was enough $ coming from subscribers to pay Heather, producer Michelle and Keith to keep the show afloat.

I got to say I never thought it would all come tumbling down so fast. But it is quite the shit storm.

Quote from: Genessee KC on April 20, 2018, 01:18:40 PM
Hello Bellgab, long time lurker first time post. RIP Art Bell

Welcome!

Sean92008

The last I heard, Art's son was having a lot of difficulties. I believe it was here on Bell Gab... What is the most recent news on him? I would think that he would have been mentioned about attending a funeral by Brinkley or that other guy who took over Dreamland.

Father Jack

Does anyone here have the real "inside baseball" info and Art and Heather's relationship? Did she just come out of thin air? Art will be sorely missed; no one had the chops like he had. Noory can't cut it, Clyde Lewis is OK sometimes, but nowhere near Art's talent.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Chine on April 20, 2018, 03:27:44 PM
Art on NBC’s Dark Skies ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=51EoHKvE0Mg

Shame on you for not asking permission! You're just looking for publicity, you carrion crow!

I sucked in some of the latest MITD to hear Art but got some other shit mixed in with the Art replays.
Listening to the sex worker now and I just can't get through it. It makes anger!
It's talking about an Area 51 meetup.
Ten minutes of yuuur urrr hahahahahaha urrry urrr tooth whistle hahaha
Just shut the fuck up and talk!
Sorry...I'm in a happy place...I'm in a happy place...I'm in a happy place...
I'd like to spell radio backwards and call it Trainwreck Wade

Quote from: Father Jack on April 20, 2018, 03:30:35 PM
Does anyone here have the real "inside baseball" info and Art and Heather's relationship? Did she just come out of thin air? Art will be sorely missed; no one had the chops like he had. Noory can't cut it, Clyde Lewis is OK sometimes, but nowhere near Art's talent.

Art used Heather. she's a total rube.

Rocketeer

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 20, 2018, 03:29:54 PM
The last I heard, Art's son was having a lot of difficulties. I believe it was here on Bell Gab... What is the most recent news on him? I would think that he would have been mentioned about attending a funeral by Brinkley or that other guy who took over Dreamland.

The question becomes, which son?

CrazyMax46

So just so I'm clear on this. We all agree there was no stalker and Art was having health stuff that caused him to leave the show right? And he didn't want the health stuff public so he covered it up with a stalker story to make up a good story and also cover up what was going on.

Tricky-D

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 20, 2018, 03:29:54 PM...or that other guy who took over Dreamland.
Must be a big Art Bell fan to not know Whitley Strieber‘s name  :P

Tricky-D

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 20, 2018, 01:50:13 PM
Frankly, I'm shocked her name is really Heather Wade. I thought it was a stage name. I would have bet manies on it.

Same here. Unless she legally changed her name for showbiz...

Kolchak

Quote from: CrazyMax46 on April 20, 2018, 04:04:47 PM
So just so I'm clear on this. We all agree there was no stalker and Art was having health stuff that caused him to leave the show right? And he didn't want the health stuff public so he covered it up with a stalker story to make up a good story and also cover up what was going on.

Opinions vary.

Tricky-D

I’ve alway been 50/50 on if the stalker was fake. There are some real nut jobs out there and some idiot doing something like that wouldn’t surprise me. That Leo Ashcraft who did Dark Matter News was always a prime suspect in my book.

Sean92008

Quote from: Tricky-D on April 20, 2018, 04:27:35 PM
Must be a big Art Bell fan to not know Whitley Strieber‘s name  :P

Intentional...  Humor via feigned laziness and/or ignorance. 

Like when I went up to Rick Derringer and said "You're the guy from the Rolling Stones, right?" or when I told Joe Walsh he was a lot taller than I expected...

Rocketeer

As he often did, Art deleted most of the FB posts he made at the time and there were a lot.  One, the shortest lived, was an uncaptioned photograph of a Glock sitting on his desk as if to "warn" the stalker/s.  I thought that'd be kinda overkill if he was inventing it all . . . of course, he might've been thinking, "verisimilitude."

chefist

Quote from: Tricky-D on April 20, 2018, 04:37:49 PM
I’ve alway been 50/50 on if the stalker was fake. There are some real nut jobs out there and some idiot doing something like that wouldn’t surprise me. That Leo Ashcraft who did Dark Matter News was always a prime suspect in my book.

Leo with firecrackers on BLM land...I'd buy that for a dollar.

Kolchak

Quote from: Tricky-D on April 20, 2018, 04:37:49 PM

I recall MV saying on a Gabcast that if it was entirely fabricated, Art would have to have been insane to make something like that up and so fervently defend it.

On the other hand, I always found it strange that Art would stop broadcasting to protect his family, but that he kept saying he'd do a fill-in show, as if that wouldn't endanger his family. Also, the program continued with Heather and there were no further issues.

The truth is out there.

bellNwhistle

seems pretty clear.

Sean92008

Quote from: Tricky-D on April 20, 2018, 04:35:16 PM
Same here. Unless she legally changed her name for showbiz...
...or changed it back from her sex worker name of Trixie, Kiity, Savannah and Miko

CrazyMax46

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 20, 2018, 04:40:52 PM
As he often did, Art deleted most of the FB posts he made at the time and there were a lot.  One, the shortest lived, was an uncaptioned photograph of a Glock sitting on his desk as if to "warn" the stalker/s.  I thought that'd be kinda overkill if he was inventing it all . . . of course, he might've been thinking, "verisimilitude."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayfabe

Sean92008

Quote from: Kolchak on April 20, 2018, 04:44:20 PM
I recall MV saying on a Gabcast that if it was entirely fabricated, Art would have to have been insane to make something like that up and so fervently defend it.

On the other hand, I always found it strange that Art would stop broadcasting to protect his family, but that he kept saying he'd do a fill-in show, as if that wouldn't endanger his family. Also, the program continued with Heather and there were no further issues.

The truth is out there.

...and his social media pictures where he and Asia are standing outside of their house, out and about town, etc...

ItsTelly

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 20, 2018, 04:46:05 PM
seems pretty clear.

Given all the internet sleuths we have on Bellgab, can someone dig up the police reports?  Shots were supposedly fired and the neighbors heard them.  Of course, nothing could have stopped Art from popping off a few rounds in the desert.  Folks go shooting on BLM land all around Las Vegas.  It's where my instructor took me for target practice for my NV CCW.

Telly

chefist

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 20, 2018, 04:49:42 PM
Given all the internet sleuths we have on Bellgab, can someone dig up the police reports?  Shots were supposedly fired and the neighbors heard them.  Of course, nothing could have stopped Art from popping off a few rounds in the desert.  Folks go shooting on BLM land all around Las Vegas.  It's where my instructor took me for target practice for my NV CCW.

Telly

I remember that they found no evidence...casings, shells, damage from projectiles, etc...

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Kolchak on April 20, 2018, 04:44:20 PM

The truth is out there.

Just because someone is successful in one area of life doesn't mean they can't be a goofball in others. Most, if not all, wouldn't run off and marry again a few weeks after their wife died either. We knew very little about Art or his character, only what he showed on the air.

Kolchak

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 20, 2018, 04:48:37 PM
...and his social media pictures where he and Asia are standing outside of their house, out and about town, etc...

Yeah, shortly after he exited the show he posted about the hotel they were staying at in Vegas. It was all very strange.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 20, 2018, 04:05:37 PM
Arthur IV

Quote from: Art Bell on December 29, 2015, 03:09:42 AM
Art, my Son has gone through enough. He deserves some peace in his life and I would never feed him any of this but I will go after those that do, as I said if anybody knows that assholes name I would like a PM.

Also as a matter of actual FACT I did not abandon anybody, that Marriage was when I was 19 Years old and when we Divorced she Married right away and the children were infants which were Adopted right away by their new Step Father. I was requested by my Ex not to contact them.

As for Art, I paid Child support well into his 20s. And much more because of what happened.

I guess there is nothing people will not twist for their own comfort, there must be something truly wrong with people who have to bash and twist things to I can only guess make them feel better about themselves. Again, a line has been crossed, my Son has had enough pain in his life. This will stop one way or the other.

Art

sydtron

I really do think the shooter was a cover up for him not being able to do shows because it took too much out of him to do a show. Art is a showman after all. Why say your sick, when you could give them a tale of woe? He gets the sympathy, a way out and nobody has to know about your semi terminal illness. Win win. Until those meddling kids from Bellgab start snooping around.