• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Sean92008

Quote from: grano salis on April 20, 2018, 12:24:56 PM
Great description of most theoretical physicists, mathematicians and heads of Departments of Surgery I have ever known.  (Especially the lack of patience part).  the unspoken term A--hole often applies

Positions often occupied by Psychopaths!

Sean92008

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 20, 2018, 01:25:25 PM
If she is ''miles better'' does that mean she was lousy at the start?  If so, why was he entertaining her desire to be on the air, and why was he pushing her on us?

Passing the torch...  If George Noory had a child interested in taking over, it would have been passing the Joorch.

Obviously he wanted his ego stroked, impregnating a girl 40+ years younger was all about Art Bell.  No consideration for the child being raised by an elderly man or, in this case, a widow.

bellNwhistle

Somebody said Heather had supporters here. They’ve been relatively quiet. Where’s onan? 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 20, 2018, 01:27:09 PM
Wasn't the original idea for her to co-host, which was shot down by his listeners after the pilot show? 

My opinion all along was he planned for her to co-host, do the show on her own quite a bit, and eventually take over with him as an occasional fill in.  At a time when people were suggesting he not work a full schedule in the first place.

I think lings would have gone very differently if he had simply announced that was his plan, instead of springing her on us as co-host out of the blue.

Yes, but the sound of mass vomiting put him off the idea. The more you think of it, the idea that an untried nobody would actually work doesn't get any less stupid. As though all you needed was to really want it rather than actual talent. She also seemed lazy and had no interest in developing, it was all about pretending to be Art. We have basically been watching Citizen Kane, when he tried to turn his talentless wife into an opera singer.

ItsTelly

Quote from: Happier Times are Coming on April 20, 2018, 12:56:05 PM
I always thought of Karen as a radio/business intelligent hard working paid her dues LADY...
(like Ramona was)
on the other hand Heather ...
I always imagined a competition of sorts...
on the other hand not really much of a competition at all...
(like two boxers facing off...but one is handcuffed)

well, that’s just my opinion

I remember Ramona did the show once or maybe half a show at the beginning and she was very very good on the radio.  She came across as very warm and personable.  Art should have had her on the air more often.

Telly

weeberwubber

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 20, 2018, 01:21:00 PM
Just remember the key word here is competent. LOL. And it's not you, you can't just throw someone into broadcasting and expect them to succeed. It's like anything else you have to learn how to do it and even then no guarantees. It's been discussed before she lacks a certain honesty. That pisses a lot of us off and turns us off as listeners. If I even sniff you are fake I'm out. I have better shit to do with my time.

Frankly, I'm shocked her name is really Heather Wade. I thought it was a stage name. I would have bet manies on it.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 20, 2018, 01:50:13 PM
Frankly, I'm shocked her name is really Heather Wade. I thought it was a stage name. I would have bet manies on it.
Me too! Now I stupidly wrote my little novels (insert Stewie doing the family guy writing a little novel bit) under my own damned name because that is how I was promoting them. She however, probably always thought she was going to be huge and could have been smarter about it than I was! Manies...heh

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 20, 2018, 01:33:11 PM
... Obviously he wanted his ego stroked, impregnating a girl 40+ years younger was all about Art Bell.  No consideration for the child being raised by an elderly man or, in this case, a widow.

Yeah, pretty disgusting

I thought so too, especially given all the rest of the secrecy

Juan

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 20, 2018, 01:33:33 PM
Somebody said Heather had supporters here. They’ve been relatively quiet. Where’s onan?
Onan pulled an Art and quit.

ponyboysunset

We all need to take a moment of silence for poor MV's wallet without adsense. I mean the last few days could have made him a rich man. I threw him some dough but I can't help think of what could have been. Thanks a lot google.

damon

Quote from: Juan on April 20, 2018, 01:55:39 PM
No you are wrong. Art had to top Onan by dying. Dont worry because we all know that Art will quit that too and come back to life. ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on April 20, 2018, 01:55:39 PM

People say that but I don't believe it. I think he's still here under a different name and avatar. Can you find him? Where's Onan?! :)

SredniVashtar

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 20, 2018, 01:58:43 PM
We all need to take a moment of silence for poor MV's wallet without adsense. I mean the last few days could have made him a rich man. I threw him some dough but I can't help think of what could have been. Thanks a lot google.

Not only that, it sounds like the wife is knocking him about too. Unless she satisfies herself with a fusillade of street Arabic every so often when she looks at the state of the children's shoes.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 20, 2018, 01:59:24 PM
People say that but I don't believe it. I think he's still here under a different name and avatar. Can you find him? Where's Onan?! :)

That wasn't his original nane, remember they all reset.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Genessee KC on April 20, 2018, 01:18:40 PM
Hello Bellgab, long time lurker first time post. RIP Art Bell

post often.

Sean92008

+1000

Just an aside that I find captures the spirit of Southern Nevada.

My urologist in Vegas told me that I needed to get laid as part of my recovery from treatment.  I jokingly asked for a prescription (wife wasn't a sex partner any longer).  He wouldn't do that but offered to call her and gave me the names of two sex surrogates...

My urologist in California won't even come close to recommending anything of the sort...  Pussies.  They're worried about liability in California.

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 20, 2018, 01:33:33 PM

https://twitter.com/ArtBellProducer/status/987073219499704325

and Heather is melting down like a low iq 56% mongloid

Rocketeer

Based on known e-mail addresses it looks plausible that HLW might indeed be a fictitious name.

Sean92008

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 20, 2018, 02:26:06 PM
Based on known e-mail addresses it looks plausible that HLW might indeed be a fictitious name.

It's legal now, those are the state's documents.

yoursongs has a theory...

chefist

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 20, 2018, 02:26:06 PM

HW = Jennifer Cassell...hmmm...interesting....

Sean92008

Quote from: chefist on April 20, 2018, 02:40:59 PM
HW = Jennifer Cassell...hmmm...interesting....

Heather Leona Wade is traceable for a few years though...

chefist

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 20, 2018, 02:58:42 PM
Heather Leona Wade is traceable for a few years though...

Perhaps...but there has been a rumor going around for a while now that HW is not her real name.

Quote from: anon on April 20, 2018, 02:21:57 PM
and Heather is melting down like a low iq 56% mongloid

Presenting Le 56% Heather:

Gd5150

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on April 20, 2018, 03:03:47 PM
Presenting Le 56% Heather:

Lmao! That would be gif of the year with a nice Redford overzoom.

ge30542

Quote from: damon on April 20, 2018, 08:18:40 AM
https://pvtimes.com/news/remembering-legendary-talk-show-host-art-bell-in-pahrump/
Is Heather going to go APESHIT for what the local newspaper wrote about art?
No doubt! 
Sounds like SHE, (Ms Jackson), was Art's best bud, tasked with looking after Ayrin, by Art himself.
Dont you just know that reading that article made redacted livid. Seething!

ge30542

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 20, 2018, 01:25:25 PM
If she is ''miles better'' does that mean she was lousy at the start?  If so, why was he entertaining her desire to be on the air, and why was he pushing her on us?
He pushed her on us because they're related, and he wanted her to get out of the phone sex business.

ge30542

Either that, or she did things Ayrin thought were nasty.