• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Roswells, Art

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 03:26:57 PM
Are you ready to take me up on those private orbit insertion lessons I mentioned in our last correspondence?

You're my Art! Do you have a guesthouse I can move into? I promise not to blow it up.

Chine

Quote from: creepygreenlight on April 19, 2018, 03:34:01 PM
How did Heather even get on Art's radar to become his replacement host?

She was a BellGabber... and was a cohost on GabCast. He heard her on air. Later, he allowed her to interview him when she went to meet him in Pahrump. I think... others can fill in details if I have that wrong.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on April 19, 2018, 03:03:13 PM
In the video, you can clearly see an inhaler in the lower right corner of the desk, center bottom of the video. Looks like he was already suffering the effects from COPD.

I noticed a difference when Art was still broadcasting for Coast.  It was after he returned from his next to last retirement there, whenever that was.  His voice didn't have quite the 'ooomph' behind it.  Got worse after Ramona's death and was really noticeable when he returned for MITD.  And yet I loved Art's voice, no matter how diminished it became at the end. 

zeebo

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 19, 2018, 03:05:10 PM
It's like if I said I won't talk to a counselor unless they have followed the Grateful Dead tour, injected heroic doses of Ketamine, engaged in marathon hokey pokey tournaments, and can recite the Jabberwocky from memory. Which I won't.

Maybe a bad example as there may actually be some good reasoning here.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 19, 2018, 03:36:25 PM
You're my Art! Do you have a guesthouse I can move into? I promise not to blow it up.

Ok. Are you willing to buy my guest house?  I promise not to die. Ever.

Quote from: Kolchak on April 19, 2018, 02:54:54 PM
All of my grief counselors are film buffs. The last one responded to everything I said with "Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling." It was a pretty productive session.

I need to strike up some friendships with your grief counselors.  lol

zeebo

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 19, 2018, 03:22:12 PM
Anyway, I want to be a rocket scientist. I've been practicing and I really think I'm getting better at it. Things only explode or catch on fire every few days now.

Practicing is the most important part of being a rocket scientist.  I believe in you!

albrecht

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 19, 2018, 03:34:22 PM
I love SDM.  I bet he tries to call in.  I suspect there is not much to do in prison so I'm sure he listens to C2C avidly. 

He was one of my favorite guests.  Ed Opperman of the Opperman Report, a Las Vegas private investigator, has a podcast.  He did a whole show on SDM. Bottom line: SDM would have gotten away with it but he did some very stupid things...

Telly
Ed can be good sometimes. I'll try to track down that show. I hope SDM calls in tonight- or at least some time to C2C. Even as a guest. The recording "this call is from a Federal Prison" cutting in automatically every so often would be hilarious.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 03:36:14 PM
Yeah. He got off the boat. Never get off the fucking boat.
If you haven't read it this is a hilarious read. A skeptic went on the ConspiraSea cruise and wrote about it.
https://www.wired.com/2016/02/conspira-sea-cruise-know-truth/

Noory said he's going to have Ed Dames tonight?  Sure hope he doesn't let him drone on and on about nothing.  I don't hate Dames, but he's gotta be one of the most boring guests on the fucking planet.  I swear I can hear him talk for 3 hours straight and not get a single substantive thing from what he says.

Quote from: Chine on April 19, 2018, 03:36:51 PM
She was a BellGabber... and was a cohost on GabCast. He heard her on air. Later, he allowed her to interview him when she went to meet him in Pahrump. I think... others can fill in details if I have that wrong.

Cool, thanks for the background on that missing piece of the puzzle.  I've been a lurker here but haven't had much experience with the GabCast except for the Art Bell interview and the latest one with Noory.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 19, 2018, 03:22:12 PM
Anyway, I want to be a rocket scientist. I've been practicing and I really think I'm getting better at it. Things only explode or catch on fire every few days now.

No. I really see you as more of a brain surgeon. I have a good feeling about that. You should be proactive and just start cutting into people's heads now. ;)

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 19, 2018, 03:46:08 PM
No. I really see you as more of a brain surgeon. I have a good feeling about that. You should be proactive and just start cutting into people's heads now. ;)

It's funny you should say that because that is my backup career if rocket science doesn't work out. I've only accidentally killed like probably less than 200 people so far. I mean, it's my backup so that is understandable.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 03:39:22 PM
Ok. Are you willing to buy my guest house?  I promise not to die. Ever.

Great! Are you married? Nevermind, doesn't matter.

Sean92008

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 19, 2018, 03:29:25 PM
If I’m being honest, Im doing sorta the same.. only my dog died this morning, not Art Bell. And I’m  zoning out by inserting myself in others drama, instead of wallowing in my own.

Sorry on the loss of your fur baby.  I hope it was a smooth transition  full of comfort and love.

Sean92008

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 19, 2018, 03:38:58 PM
I noticed a difference when Art was still broadcasting for Coast.  It was after he returned from his next to last retirement there, whenever that was.  His voice didn't have quite the 'ooomph' behind it.  Got worse after Ramona's death and was really noticeable when he returned for MITD.  And yet I loved Art's voice, no matter how diminished it became at the end.

I noticed a difference when calls started to be screened.  At least that is what I attributed it to.

Chine

Quote from: creepygreenlight on April 19, 2018, 03:45:29 PM
Noory said he's going to have Ed Dames tonight?  Sure hope he doesn't let him drone on and on about nothing.  I don't hate Dames, but he's gotta be one of the most boring guests on the fucking planet.  I swear I can hear him talk for 3 hours straight and not get a single substantive thing from what he says.

Cool, thanks for the background on that missing piece of the puzzle.  I've been a lurker here but haven't had much experience with the GabCast except for the Art Bell interview and the latest one with Noory.

Yes, I believe he mentioned Dames. My quick soundbite on how it happened is brief as I’m a bit foggy though remember some of it. I had left and returned and left again. Hard to keep up with it all. 

whoozit

Quote from: Chine on April 19, 2018, 04:07:43 PM

Yes, I believe he mentioned Dames. My quick soundbite on how it happened is brief and I’m a bit foggy though remember some of it. I had left and returned and left again. Hard to keep up with it all.
I wonder if Dames will have Art’s gold.

AppealPlay

Ed Dames is still alive?  Damn.

albrecht

Quote from: AppealPlay on April 19, 2018, 04:12:02 PM
I think he relocated to Yemen for safety reasons a year or so ago.

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 19, 2018, 03:29:25 PM
If I’m being honest, Im doing sorta the same.. only my dog died this morning, not Art Bell. And I’m  zoning out by inserting myself in others drama, instead of wallowing in my own.

I'm sorry about your fur baby.  :'(

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 19, 2018, 04:26:14 PM
I'm sorry about your fur baby.  :'(

I appreciate that. <3
She was a real love.

Catsmile

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 19, 2018, 07:29:21 AM
Thanks so much! I didn't feel I could add anything that wasn't already being covered. I also don't mess with a vibe. Everything was working on all cylinders. I am listening again and there are just so many layers to what is going on.

# Out of Context Subconscious Machineâ,,¢
# Hidden Message Detected
# Mess with a vibe
# Working on all cylinders
# There are just so many layers
# I'll just leave those here
# Can I haz woo-woo con nao
# $$$

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 19, 2018, 04:03:11 PM
Sorry on the loss of your fur baby.  I hope it was a smooth transition  full of comfort and love.

Thank you! @)â€",â€"-

Chine

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 19, 2018, 04:33:08 PM
I appreciate that. <3
She was a real love.

I’m also sorry to hear this too.

ItsOver

Quote from: AppealPlay on April 19, 2018, 04:12:02 PM
He's still a growing boy.

Kill shot, here we come.

whoozit

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 18, 2018, 01:24:19 PM
Don't give up, this is America after all, you can realise your dreams. All it takes  is hard work, patience and bribery (or blackmail).
You were right, top right.