• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ponyboysunset

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 19, 2018, 04:49:19 AM
Agreed, but people need to be prepared to have a go themselves. It seems that a lot of people have convinced themselves that they can't co-host so you end up with the same people. It's much more fun when we hear different voices and if people don't participate then it will just wither away again. I'm sure we all have people we want to hear. For instance, albrecht, I'd love to hear that lunatic co-host ('I know an Indian, dot not feather' FFS).
It's one of the reasons I didn't call in last night. Other people need to participate. Everyone knows my views on things anyway. LOL. There are a lot of people here I would love to hear and could make for some great radio. Opposing views really are fun too! Last night's gabcast is a great example of that.

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 19, 2018, 07:10:12 AM
It's one of the reasons I didn't call in last night. Other people need to participate. Everyone knows my views on things anyway. LOL. There are a lot of people here I would love to hear and could make for some great radio. Opposing views really are fun too! Last night's gabcast is a great example of that.

I enjoyed the Gabcast when I listened this morning. But no one disagreed except over some minor things.

I don't by Noory's "humanitarian" emotion about Art. If you ever listen to George he uses the same fake tone and mannerisms when he not really paying attention to a guest or caller. He did the same exact thing when talking about Art the other night. Noory is a slime ball.

When MV asked him Noory what Art didn't like him, I could tell it dawned on Noory he could say anything he wanted and Art wasn't around to refute it. Noory's reaction was pretty much this in reality.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: K_Dubb on April 19, 2018, 06:35:14 AM
That voice
            which, nightly, kept awake
My younger self when, years ago
I dialed in the radio
And fiddled with the little wire
To catch the signal, sparking fire,
Through pops and fizzes in the night,
Until I finally got it right,
And, homed in on the glowing beam,
I'd hear the thumping, pulsing theme,

And that voice
              which frequently would take
Me to strange places in the dark,
Stoke curiosity's dim spark
With things I ne'er before had heard,
With thoughts both edgy and absurd,
With possibilities profound,
And, grandly marshaling them, the sound

Of that voice.
               It brought with it the chills
Of wint'ry stars o'er barren hills,
Of dusty winds and tumbleweed,
Of hope that long since went to seed.
A crusty, walled-off man, but one
Who, nonetheless, still sought the sun
Of friendship, but now o'er the air,
With people in the dark somewhere,
Who, if they threatened to ensnare,
Could be clicked off without a care.
Chance friend, beware! 

Of that voice.
It crackled with authority
An anchor on an old tv.
With urgency, it pled the case
That truth is found behind the face;
Despite the knowledge science bought,
Some unknown things are worth a thought.
Though oft it was, with chuckle wry,
He let you know he did not buy
Each fruity tale.  He did not quail,
But boldly squinted through the veil.
He meted out each careful word
While, underneath it all, you heard,
Eyes lifted from the mundane scene,
The pedal-tones of nicotine
In that voice.

The memory's an ache:
Nostalgia's introspective gloom --
It takes me back to that dark room
And taunts me with the boy i was,
While veiling in a rosy gauze
Youth's struggles grim.  I think of him
And what are these wet things that dim
The corners of my eyes?

I hear
Him telling me about that cat,
His warring with some bureaucrat,
Him rocked by dark, paternal grief,
His losses, hopes, his doubts, belief,
A showman, true, but it's the pall
Of sorrow, like confessional,
The kinds of things you tell a friend
That makes you care and, in the end,
It does endear.

As his eyes close
The world dissolves in static's noise,
While sorrows, cares and earthly joys,
Like distant stations, one by one,
Are fading, while one signal grows.
For everything that we hold dear
Is bound by the ionosphere;
But, maybe out behind the sun,
For him, one station comes in clear,
And now, he knows.
kdubb, bellgab's own poet laureate. Well done sir.

AZZERAE

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 19, 2018, 07:10:12 AM

Hey PBS, I must say, I never tire of your calls. You're just an interesting person...its a pity you didn't call in! Next time!

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Azzerae on April 19, 2018, 07:27:19 AM
Hey PBS, I must say, I never tire of your calls. You're just an interesting person...its a pity you didn't call in! Next time!
Thanks so much! I didn't feel I could add anything that wasn't already being covered. I also don't mess with a vibe. Everything was working on all cylinders. I am listening again and there are just so many layers to what is going on.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 19, 2018, 07:20:08 AM
... When MV asked him Noory what Art didn't like him, I could tell it dawned on Noory he could say anything he wanted and Art wasn't around to refute it. Noory's reaction was pretty much this in reality...

Whatever he says will have to ring true - listeners and people here know enough about the two of them and some interactions to hopefully spot self serving comments that stray too far from the truth

I'm wondering how many of you here called into Art's show at some point and now hear yourself from time to time on the repeats?  It's kinda creepy.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: creepygreenlight on April 19, 2018, 08:07:50 AM
I'm wondering how many of you here called into Art's show at some point and now hear yourself from time to time on the repeats?  It's kinda creepy.
I didn't call into Art's show but last night as I logged onto the gabcast audio stream I greeted with my own voice and it was creepy as hell.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 19, 2018, 07:54:35 AM
Whatever he says will have to ring true - listeners and people here know enough about the two of them and some interactions to hopefully spot self serving comments that stray too far from the truth

I listened to Noory's show that night, and his announcement.  Frankly, I didn't think he was faking his emotions. He wasn't balling his eyes out, but he's also a professional, and "not that close" with Art.  I think it's cool that he called in to GabCast and talked to MV. He seemed professional.  Not a fan, but I don't see that he did anything worth Heather flipping her lid over.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 19, 2018, 08:12:01 AM
I listened to Noory's show that night, and his announcement.  Frankly, I didn't think he was faking his emotions. He wasn't balling his eyes out, but he's also a professional, and "not that close" with Art.  I think it's cool that he called in to GabCast and talked to MV. He seemed professional.  Not a fan, but I don't see that he did anything worth Heather flipping her lid over.
But given that she flips her lid rather easily.... ::) (I'm referring to before his death, bateman, the now known mv phone call, the why do you hate me lines, etc.)

(I agree with your thoughts about George. Not a fan of his but at least he called in.)

bellNwhistle

LMAO! what's up with the caller drinking a beer from Aldi's?  ;D ;D ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 19, 2018, 08:13:00 AM
But given that she flips her lid rather easily.... ::) (I'm referring to before his death, bateman, the now known mv phone call, the why do you hate me lines, etc.)

(I agree with your thoughts about George. Not a fan of his but at least he called in.)
Yep.  As MV discussed last night, hey Art was great, one of a kind, but the Jorch hosting C2C situation, it's just a damn radio show in the middle of the night.  Why get too bent out of shape.  It's not like Jorch is running the FBI.  Maybe he's an "evil doer," gasp, but I just think of him more as a laughable buffoon, most of the time.

ItsOver

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 19, 2018, 08:21:50 AM
LMAO! what's up with the caller drinking a beer from Aldi's?  ;D ;D ;D
Ha!  Probably one of MV's old trucking buddies.  ;) :D

bellNwhistle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDwuHhWZ1fo

So which place is Heather living in? A section of the trailer(s) in the same lot? or did Art own the lot/house next door? 

I'm partly asking because He talked about his studio being separate, and that he got shot at while walking to it.  I'm trying to picture this scenario. 

ItsOver

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 19, 2018, 08:31:24 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDwuHhWZ1fo

So which place is Heather living in? A section of the trailer(s) in the same lot? or did Art own the lot/house next door? 

I'm partly asking because He talked about his studio being separate, and that he got shot at while walking to it.  I'm trying to picture this scenario.
I don't mean to ignore your questions, bNw, but... wow... that video is like Art ascending into the Heavens.  :'(  Beautiful.

Juan

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 19, 2018, 08:31:24 AM

As I understand it, near the end of the video, just before the camera tilts up to view the mountains, you can see part of Heather’s house in the lower left corner. It appears to be on a completely separate lot and easy to divide and sell off.

And another thing. Heather and Airyn are close to the same age. How do you negative nellies know they aren’t best friends?

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 05:12:25 PM
I've heard too much about tumeric over and over and over again ad nauseam with emphasis on nausea.

My only experience with turmeric was buying a bottle at a Big Lots with the intention of adding a bit to my nightly green tea. It sat on the kitchen shelf for a month unopened. Threw it in the trash after I received an email from Big Lots that the batch number on the bottle may or may not be laced with lead.  :o Wonder if Dave shops there. 

#DrinkingTheCoolLead

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ItsOver on April 19, 2018, 08:26:26 AM
Ha!  Probably one of MV's old trucking buddies.  ;) :D

heh heh

Listen to some more Noory. He commonly uses the same canned tone and mannerisms when dealing with guest to express disappointment. He just amplified it.

Noory handled Art's passing in a very genuine and respectful manner, it was actually somewhat surprising to me how genuinely affected he was by the news.  Heather probably "flipped her lid" because she feels that she has exclusive rights to Art Bell's dead body that she could use to market her show.  Just look at the statement MITD posted about the news, the pathetic losers couldn't help plugging themselves even in the announcement of his passing.

Chine

Quote from: creepygreenlight on April 19, 2018, 09:36:35 AM
Noory handled Art's passing in a very genuine and respectful manner, it was actually somewhat surprising to me how genuinely affected he was by the news.  Heather probably "flipped her lid" because she feels that she has exclusive rights to Art Bell's dead body that she could use to market her show.  Just look at the statement MITD posted about the news, the pathetic losers couldn't help plugging themselves even in the announcement of his passing.

Also...Last night on GCast, George was a class act to refrain from discussing any drama or issues with Art in the past due to it being so soon. He exhibited some respect there.

Designx

It was a reaction I felt showed Noory losing his chance to make amends for previous statements made, not making peace soon enough. Its always hard when you lose someone in that state of relationship as you start to imagine what could have been different, what could have been done.

Quote from: Chine on April 19, 2018, 09:41:52 AM
Also...Last night on GCast, George was a class act to refrain from discussing any drama or issues with Art in the past due to it being so soon. He exhibited some respect there.

Noory is just holding his card to his vest. He will display them soon enough.

Watching Art`s interview with Larry king in 1999. Man, he looked so young, healthy, vibrant and at his zenith.  It`s incredibly difficult to believe, a mere 19 years later, he`s gone from us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JmPeZa-QEo

weeberwubber

Quote from: ItsOver on April 19, 2018, 08:25:00 AM
Yep.  As MV discussed last night, hey Art was great, one of a kind, but the Jorch hosting C2C situation, it's just a damn radio show in the middle of the night.  Why get too bent out of shape.  It's not like Jorch is running the FBI.  Maybe he's an "evil doer," gasp, but I just think of him more as a laughable buffoon, most of the time.

I think it's also like MV put it, in that it was replacing something that was much more than just a damn radio show in the middle of the night. But the feelings fade or change as they do with anything we lose, especially now that everything is final.

Quote from: Chine on April 19, 2018, 09:41:52 AM

I think GN is sincerely appreciative of Art, and quite obviously devastated -- as we all are -- by his sudden passing. No doubt he undersands the importance of Art`s legacy.

P.S. I hope you are well, Chine.

ItsOver

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 19, 2018, 10:27:26 AM
I think it's also like MV put it, in that it was replacing something that was much more than just a damn radio show in the middle of the night. But the feelings fade or change as they do with anything we lose, especially now that everything is final.
Yeah, I was beyond puzzled and almost outraged as PremRat and Jorch wreaked their havoc but now I just look at it as a laughable paradigm of how something initially good and enjoyable can so easily turn into a steaming pile of excrement.  Want a good laugh?  Play Jorch's pizza roll encounter.  It still brings a chuckle.

http://youtu.be/1914eEHOZPw

Quote from: Designx on April 19, 2018, 10:06:23 AM
It was a reaction I felt showed Noory losing his chance to make amends for previous statements made, not making peace soon enough. Its always hard when you lose someone in that state of relationship as you start to imagine what could have been different, what could have been done.

I think George tried to befriend Art, offer him fill in and weekend slots, tried to be helpful referring immigration attys, etc.  I think it was Art who didn't want to be on good terms.

AZZERAE

Quote from: albrecht on April 18, 2018, 05:44:40 PM
Well, I also hope ZA doesn't turn into a Zimbabwe! Good luck getting a VISA or Greencard on the legal route. If you have the means hiring an immigration lawyer here can help a lot, to make sure paperwork is right, right offices/people contacted, etc. It is a shame that the process only seems to be used by people that would actually help the country and scum can just come over illegally or as a "refugee migrant."

Albrecht, how come you have an interest in South Africa, and are so well read on it? Do you have family here, friends?