• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: BettyO417 on April 18, 2018, 02:47:57 PM
No, no, no, not the clock. As a loyal fan and in the interest of mankind, I claimed dibbs on that atomic clock at least 36 hrs ago along with another vaguely lovable. We decided on joint custody, for the sake of the clock of course.

Let’s hang on to our butts and get rippin, how long before HW & KR put the kibosh on all the streams of Art’s shows...

Word on the street is that TigerLily has made a pilgrimage north and may be encamped close to the compound awaiting the chance to sneak in during the funeral and abscond the clock and at least one cat. Authorities have been alerted.

AZZERAE

Quote from: username on April 18, 2018, 03:36:51 PM
I'm self deprecating, I'm rather harsh on myself. I probably shouldn't Loosely throw around the word hate. I should say I despise most shows, that are in the fringe genre, they aren't very good at all.

Thanks for listening, I try to entertain.

I get it. I'm close friends with the guy who does your artwork. We are both fans of your show.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 18, 2018, 03:45:58 PM
Can I ask what race you are without being considered a racist?

Ha ha - yeah - I'm Caucasian! I was born and raised here.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Azzerae on April 18, 2018, 03:48:19 PM

So, as a caucasian are you afraid of what's going on there with the government?

Catsmile

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 18, 2018, 12:24:38 PM
It seemed that almost as soon as he got on the air he was looking for a way out. Once he made enough FU money his limited qualities of application eroded even more. His main intention was obviously to stick it to Noory, but once he had done a few weeks the feeling of revenge didn't last long.

# Ego
# Spite
# Still got it
# This shit feels like work
# Gotta bride young enough to be my granddaughter I can feel instead
# Pick one
# Get outta my car the rides over, I'm going home
# Get over feeling old by feeling something young
# Life is good
# Profit 

KMKMKM

Quote from: creepygreenlight on April 18, 2018, 09:31:58 AM
(finally, someone here who might get the origins of my username)

"On muddy ground, I'm lying drunk on her grave..."   ;)

Wouldn't be surprised if Pete listened to Art Bell, too.  Another voice that is/will be sorely missed.

albrecht

Quote from: Azzerae on April 18, 2018, 03:48:19 PM
Of what extraction originally? English, Dutch, German, French, Portuguese...? How do schools treat the Boer War? Is it like our Civil War where different regions of the country taught it slightly differently?

Quote from: albrecht on April 18, 2018, 03:38:25 PM
They train. Just like actors can put on accents other than their own (sometimes done poorly.) Singers are trained to sing in many languages, even if they don't know the language (so someone could sing an Italian opera without knowing Italian, etc.)

However they do it, it sounds trippy when they switch back and forth between accents so effortlessly

https://youtu.be/m3TTi_gAS5c

https://youtu.be/BrQ-RlPDPFo

https://youtu.be/UmziyZHdVNQ

Catsmile

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 18, 2018, 12:32:30 PM
Like my brother, Bell tended to telegraph his actions, with predictable outcomes.  Go back and read his posts, not too long after MITD started he talked about the toll the show was taking on his family and how he would consider passing the show on to someone else.

# He quit MitD twice, before the show had a name, or aired.
# Queef and Art had a falling out about Jimmy Church (i think it was him) Appearing on C2C, Art quit
# You would think a person who worked in radio most of his life, and a owner of KNYE-FM Pahrump NV USA would know music rights cost money.
# Who knew playing music on air cost money, Art quits again.
# Drama queen
# FUUUUUU
# Huuuu Huuuu Huuuu

Catsmile

Quote from: Azzerae on April 18, 2018, 01:02:55 PM
Rush has said before that he doesn't mention other talk show hosts because he's old school, and that they "don't exist" to him. What I got from that is that he's competitive in a tunnel-vision kinda way...sorta like when Art used to say he doesn't listen to other talk show hosts because he doesn't want to pick anything up from them (that he might ape) subconsciously.

And yeah, M.V. you're right, there's a lot going on in politics, and Rush doesn't even get to halfway into the stack o' stuff that he means to get to because he goes long more often than not nowadays.

He did however find the time to defend Hannity. Ha. Priorities!

# 10 Minutes of talk tiem per hour makes it hard to say much

Catsmile

Quote from: Azzerae on April 18, 2018, 01:06:08 PM
Maybe the announcement about Heather going on in to Area 51 resulted in all this ... the death of Art Bell.

But he was old, so who's to say?

# I'll Have What He's Smoking, Thanks

albrecht

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 18, 2018, 03:57:47 PM
However they do it, it sounds trippy when they switch back and forth between accents so effortlessly

I know an Indian (dot not feather) guy who talks like a normal American accent but when he talks to his parents he talks, in English, with an almost stereotypical "Indian accent." Does it unconsciously, I think. It is weird.

The first tube is not changing accents but just speaking another language. I forget, can the Afrikaners understand modern Dutch or has it diverged? Some languages work weird when they spread. I heard that a Portugeuse can understand Spanish but not vice-versa. I know a Dutchman and a German and they could understand each other, but not speak each other's language.

AppealPlay

I read someone here has airchecks from Art's early days spinning records.  I would LOVE to hear them.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Juan on April 18, 2018, 02:33:15 PM
Was Heather the producer who booked those duds? Or was it that Dr. J character who was producer at the beginning of MITD? He had a show on the network and was booking the same guests for his show as he did for Art. He sounded as though he didn’t get much wear on the soles of his loafers.

Hes got a voice for print, as they say....I know some people who are very close to him, I feel very bad for the guy. He's not in the best of health currently. Last I heard, he contacted art bell and requested to be put back on the dark matter radio Network. Let's see if Keith Rowland does it.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on April 18, 2018, 04:09:44 PM
I know an Indian (dot not feather) guy who talks like a normal American accent but when he talks to his parents he talks, in English, with an almost stereotypical "Indian accent." Does it unconsciously, I think. It is weird.

I've seen that with Indians and I had a Jamaican friend who did the same. When he was talking to us he sounded like he was born here but when he spoke to his folks he sounded like a straight up Rasta. 8)

Some languages work weird when they spread. I heard that a Portugeuse can understand Spanish but not vice-versa. I know a Dutchman and a German and they could understand each other, but not speak each other's language.

Portuguese is no big deal to understand for anyone who knows a Romance language, especially if they speak slowly enough.  I’m not fluent but it just sounds like a Spaniard with no lisp and a bad sinus infection.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 18, 2018, 03:49:56 PM
So, as a caucasian are you afraid of what's going on there with the government?

No, I'm not scared. I don't own any land, and the government moves too slowly to get anything done. Its a lot of talk, and political posturing to be frank. Think of all the things Trump said he'd do ... that never happened. There are laws in place and a constitution that is somewhat effective for a shithole country.

AZZERAE

Quote from: albrecht on April 18, 2018, 03:54:06 PM
Of what extraction originally? English, Dutch, German, French, Portuguese...? How do schools treat the Boer War? Is it like our Civil War where different regions of the country taught it slightly differently?

English, Scottish and a tiny bit of Dutch. Schools treat the boer war pretty factually, but it is more honed in on in the Western part of the country, and some of their schools are Afrikaans. A lot of people of colour speak the language too.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Azzerae on April 18, 2018, 04:23:26 PM
No, I'm not scared. I don't own any land, and the government moves too slowly to get anything done. Its a lot of talk, and political posturing to be frank. Think of all the things Trump said he'd do ... that never happened. There are laws in place and a constitution that is somewhat effective for a shithole country.

But haven't there already been several instances of racially motivated murders of white farmers and reclamation of their land there?

Catsmile

Quote from: Azzerae on April 18, 2018, 02:16:41 PM
I've never ever in my life witnessed such a flakey "host" as that Amy Martin character. God, what a flop.

# Have you heard of semi-radio show host named Art Bell
# Understandable if you haven't he was hard to catch on-air
# Even The Stalkerâ,,¢ couldn't catch him
# True stories

AZZERAE

I forget, can the Afrikaners understand modern Dutch or has it diverged? Some languages work weird when they spread. I heard that a Portugeuse can understand Spanish but not vice-versa. I know a Dutchman and a German and they could understand each other, but not speak each other's language.

Even though I'm not Afrikaans, I was taught the language in school, and its true that Dutch is very similar to Afrikaans. In fact, I've never studied Dutch but if I hear it spoken or read it somewhere I can get the jist of whatever it it thats being conveyed. German shares a few similar words here and there, but is far harder to understand as its too far from Afrikaans for me to comprehend.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 18, 2018, 04:26:50 PM
But haven't there already been several instances of racially motivated murders of white farmers and reclamation of their land there?

Sure, but those murders been happening for years now. The country is rife with violent crime in some ways...race itself is not the motivating factor however...its desperation, brought on by the perps being uneducated or simply jealous of others wealth.

Catsmile

Quote from: BettyO417 on April 18, 2018, 02:47:57 PM
No, no, no, not the clock. As a loyal fan and in the interest of mankind, I claimed dibbs on that atomic clock at least 36 hrs ago along with another vaguely lovable. We decided on joint custody, for the sake of the clock of course.

Let’s hang on to our butts and get rippin, how long before HW & KR put the kibosh on all the streams of Art’s shows...

All C2C shows are belongs to iHeart PremRat, HW QR haz no dibz.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Azzerae on April 18, 2018, 04:34:24 PM
Sure, but those murders been happening for years now. The country is rife with violent crime in some ways...race itself is not the motivating factor however...its desperation, brought on by the perps being uneducated or simply jealous of others wealth.

Exactly. That would cause me some concern if I lived there.

albrecht

Quote from: Azzerae on April 18, 2018, 04:34:24 PM
Some guests on some shows say that there Zimbabwe-style farm attacks that are quite brutal. Raping, torturing, and killing that are becoming more frequent and vicious? Also "affirmative action" resulting in lots more poor whites and including white squatter camps. Also that the illegal alien problem is bad and frequent clashes between native ZAs and people from other African countries. And lots, maybe worse, crimes between various black African groups and tribe, as well as regular crime one finds in a shithole country (as you called it.) Prominent politicians singing the "Kill the Boer" song and giving speeches about "cutting the throat of whiteness." Even crazy killings for some kind of voodoo/magic happens?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: username on April 18, 2018, 03:24:23 PM
Ill be honest, when he returned in 2013 the shows werent memorable. You could tell he wasn't into it. When he came back again online, same thing. The hype is what was fun, the destination not so much. I choose not to remember this version of art in my memory, instead i look back to the golden era instead.

I made a very similar comment when DM was tanking.  I remember comparing Bell in 2013 to Willie Mays in 1973 as he stumbled around the outfield his last year in MLB with the Mets.  In both cases I prefer to remember a great professional in his prime.

Speaking of DM guests, I remember Bell losing it with ufologist Timothy Good.  He sent Good packing early after he made some unsubstantiated, off-the-wall claims.  One was something like he had been told by his second cousin's friend's hairdresser who was told by an MI6 agent the Brits had bugged Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong's London hotel room and got recordings of them talking about aliens on the moon.  Good also claimed Gordon Cooper admitted to piloting an alien craft.  That night really seemed to take the starch out of Bell's sails.  I think he called it quits just a week or so later.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 18, 2018, 04:40:10 PM
Exactly. That would cause me some concern if I lived there.

Its hard to be concerned when you have nowhere else to go. Just don't let your people turn America into the same thing. I fear you guys are going down a road that winds up here.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Azzerae on April 18, 2018, 03:47:25 PM
I get it. I'm close friends with the guy who does your artwork. We are both fans of your show.

I'm glad you understand the formula, not many do what so ever. I wasn't aware you were friends with him, that's one of the coolest guys I've talked to. He's called into the show before from your land. Be careful out there my friend. He's one of the best illustrators around, much respect to both of you great individuals.

I prefer Chicago Bulls Art to Washington Wizards Art too  ;)

AZZERAE

Quote from: albrecht on April 18, 2018, 04:41:10 PM
Some guests on some shows say that there Zimbabwe-style farm attacks that are quite brutal. Raping, torturing, and killing that are becoming more frequent and vicious? Also "affirmative action" resulting in lots more poor whites and including white squatter camps. Also that the illegal alien problem is bad and frequent clashes between native ZAs and people from other African countries. And lots, maybe worse, crimes between various black African groups and tribe, as well as regular crime one finds in a shithole country (as you called it.) Prominent politicians singing the "Kill the Boer" song and giving speeches about "cutting the throat of whiteness." Even crazy killings for some kind of voodoo/magic happens?

Like your black on black crime, ours is pretty awful. The black South African people save the most brutal abuses of one another solely for one another.

Cutting the throat of whiteness was a deliberately pejorative statement that was drummed up by the media. The part they didn't show you was when he mentioned that black South Africans must hurt white people where it hurts the most: politically. I'm not defending him, he's an asshole...Julius Malema. But he's known for saying outlandish things for coverage.

We are not, and will never be as bad as Zimbabwe was. We are far more civilised a nation than that, and are unified in so many ways, aside from politics itself.