• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: AppealPlay on April 16, 2018, 05:23:50 PM
Steve Quayle is insufferable.  He's still a constant guest on some of the Internet shows I'm fond of and I just can't stand the guy.  At least Tom Horn has a soothing voice.

I'm always entertained by Quayle and his wackiness.  He'd somehow link Bela Lugosi to the Nephilim in the course of a sentence.  He makes 6 degrees of separation look like child's play.  He's still one of my favorites and I'll listen to him if he comes on Coast and I rarely listen these days.

AppealPlay

Quote from: albrecht on April 16, 2018, 05:28:29 PM
"we call the Numbers Lady."

Is Glynis McCants even still alive?

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on April 16, 2018, 05:27:46 PM
YES.  Plus his rapid fire way of speaking is annoying.  I can't listen to him.
I like him. He doesn't need to breath and can just talk so much that we don't need to hear Norry at all! Plus he has a hot daughter.

Robert

Quote from: Robert on April 16, 2018, 04:53:27 PMFor sure he'll tease it in the free portion of Dreamland.
But apparently his April 13 show was recorded before the news came.

Quote from: albrecht on April 16, 2018, 05:29:49 PM
I like him. He doesn't need to breath and can just talk so much that we don't need to hear Norry at all! Plus he has a hot daughter.

Stephanie!  How did such a beauty spring from his loins?  Quayle's wife must be extremely hot.

Don't think she's had the big breakthrough yet but I'm cheering for her.

albrecht

Quote from: AppealPlay on April 16, 2018, 05:29:47 PM
Yeah, she isn't old and has been on lots of tv shows. So, presumably, she has other talents besides "put a number 8 in your pocket." Norry has her on a lot because he hopes to also become a Hollywood star.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on April 16, 2018, 05:28:29 PM
It almost makes me yearn for the Norry days of portals, "or could it be angels,"- and magic numbers with a certain lady who....wait for it...."we call the Numbers Lady."
"Exploring the fringes of what we call the suckage zone..."

ShayP

AppealPlay

Quote from: albrecht on April 16, 2018, 05:33:08 PM
Yeah, she isn't old and has been on lots of tv shows. So, presumably, she has other talents besides "put a number 8 in your pocket." Norry has her on a lot because he hopes to also become a Hollywood star.

Quote from: ShayP on April 16, 2018, 05:33:22 PM
*sigh*  Yeah.

I genuinely thought she was an old broad.

Robert

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 16, 2018, 05:01:40 PMNoory, if anything, has gone downhill.  His early program were quite good when he was trying to earn rights to the fulltime gig; listen to his interview with 'Bishop' Sean Manchester.  Noory is actively listening and asking good questions.  Now, he phones it in....
I agree.  But he seemed to hit bottom quickly after that honeymoon, & since then it's just been fluctuations in the suck.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Robert on April 16, 2018, 04:48:25 PM
Independent reporting on the Area 51 escapade.

I'll do a GabCast later this week.  Probably Wednesday.  If it goes well, we'll do more.

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 05:28:58 PM
I'm always entertained by Quayle and his wackiness.  He'd somehow link Bela Lugosi to the Nephilim in the course of a sentence.  He makes 6 degrees of separation look like child's play.  He's still one of my favorites and I'll listen to him if he comes on Coast and I rarely listen these days.
Ha, ha, ha, yes.  "He makes 6 degrees of separation look like child's play."  ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: whoozit on April 16, 2018, 04:52:41 PM
For the words of the profits
Were written on the studio wall...

I like Red Rubber Bell.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: AppealPlay on April 16, 2018, 05:04:39 PM
Knapp is just okay but I loved Ian Punnett.  He was great.

Ian is one of the best broadcasters I've ever heard.

ItsOver

Quote from: mv on April 16, 2018, 05:36:02 PM
I'll do a GabCast later this week.  Probably Wednesday.  If it goes well, we'll do more.
Hot damn. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: AppealPlay on April 16, 2018, 05:29:47 PM

I loved her work on Seinfeld.  It made the show.

Robert

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 05:32:51 PM
Stephanie!  How did such a beauty spring from his loins?  Quayle's wife must be extremely hot.

I loved the way your avatar pic & her pic lined up!

albrecht

Quote from: mv on April 16, 2018, 05:41:00 PM
I loved her work on Seinfeld.  It made the show.
It is funny because from her voice on C2C I also thought 'another old new-agey psychic broad' but she isn't. Norry keeps her on because he hopes she can help him into the Hollywood scene.

Robert

Quote from: mv on April 16, 2018, 05:38:06 PM
Ian is one of the best broadcasters I've ever heard.
Will you go as far as me, & say he edged out Art?

Taco Bell

Like the fist of an angry god.

Catsmile

Quote from: AppealPlay on April 16, 2018, 05:04:39 PM
Knapp is just okay but I loved Ian Punnett.  He was great.

#That'sBent!
#HeThreatenedTheHoover
#Exactly  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6q0iuCJ4MA

Quote from: Robert on April 16, 2018, 05:35:00 PM
I agree.  But he seemed to hit bottom quickly after that honeymoon, & since then it's just been fluctuations in the suck.

Yes indeed.  He's the worst interviewer I've ever heard on the radio.  How he has managed to host a nationally syndicated radio show for 15 years puzzles me to no end.  He has problems with elocution and asks the same stupid questions all the time to guests who have answered said questions in all their previous appearances.  "What makes you do what you do?"  "Why is the devil evil?" "I hate psychic vampires, how about you?"

Ugghh.

ItsOver

Quote from: Robert on April 16, 2018, 05:41:20 PM
I loved the way your avatar pic & her pic lined up!
Ha!  Harvey would be proud.

MV/Liberace!

Stephanie!  How did such a beauty spring from his loins?

Right side of mouth slightly more open than left, possible sign of stroke.

Heavy white balance to hide possible wrinkles.

Crease line across right elbow joint.

Denim top.

Uneven tanning on arms relative to torso.

Photo possibly taken at a slaughterhouse.

4/10 

WOULD NOT DO!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ItsOver on April 16, 2018, 05:39:51 PM
Hot damn.

It'll be gossipy, catty, snipey, devoid of integrity, and completely lacking in dignity.  See you then!

grano salis

OK for Art Bell historians-- How many of Art's guests came to untimely ends?  Like Jim Keith who had a freak accident about 2-3 years after his "Men in Black" interview.  I think that Phillip Marshall who was a 9/11 theorist and former airline pilot ended up "suicided" after a C2C interview.  I'm sure that there were others.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Robert on April 16, 2018, 05:43:31 PM
Will you go as far as me, & say he edged out Art?

No.  But he's one of the best.

Quote from: mv on April 16, 2018, 05:51:06 PM
It'll be gossipy, catty, snipey, devoid of integrity, and completely lacking in dignity.  See you then!

Can't wait!!