• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

eddie dean

thanks for raging through the night Art
Now you know all the secrets of the universe
Godspeed Traveller

So, we gonna group buy Art's property and start a Bellgab compound?

That'd stir a response from beyond, we'd get scratchy evps threatening lawsuits.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: malachi.martini on April 14, 2018, 05:07:05 PM

That'd stir a response from beyond, we'd get scratchy evps threatening lawsuits.

EVPs complaining about audio quality

bellNwhistle

I’m in.  8)

Dr. MD MD

We're going to need Koolaid and lots of it...and a bigger boat! :)

Chine

Quote from: eddie dean on April 14, 2018, 05:06:38 PM
thanks for raging through the night Art
Now you know all the secrets of the universe
Godspeed Traveller

What Eddie said.

Dropping in to say ‘Hello’ ... Heard this morning and have been reflecting on all the years listening in the middle of the night and swept away. What a loss.

weeberwubber

Has the appropriate amount of time passed before asking Ayrin out yet? What's her favorite Vegas restaurant?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/art-bell-mysterious-narrator-of-the-american-nightscape-is-dead-at-72/2018/04/14/b6f2b278-4015-11e8-974f-aacd97698cef_story.html?noredirect=on

In the small of the night, when the mind is open and the defenses are eased, mysteries blossom and conspiracies run wild. In the darkest of hours, Art Bell was a light left on for the lonely, the insomniacs, the Americans searching for answers in a society they believed was spinning out of control.

For more than two decades, Mr. Bell, who died April 13 at 72, stayed up all night talking to those people on the radio, patiently encouraging them to tell their stories about alien abductions, crop circles, anthrax scares and, as he put it, all things “seen at the edge of vision.” The Nye County, Nev., sheriff’s office said an autopsy will be conducted.

At Mr. Bell’s peak in the 1990s, his show, “Coast to Coast AM,” was on more than 400 radio stations. He took calls all night long, alone in the studio he built on his isolated homestead in Pahrump, in the Nevada desert. He punched up the callers himself, unscreened, keeping one line just for those who wanted to talk about what really happened at Area 51, the U.S. government reserve that for decades has been a locus of UFO sightings and purported encounters with alien beings.

(more at site)

Catsmile

Quote from: Morgus on April 14, 2018, 04:26:49 PM
Art was always a late night person, he would usually sleep from 5am till noon I believe
Quote from: GravitySucks on April 14, 2018, 04:27:08 PM
Feeling well??? He was fucking DEAD!!!
Quote from: AppealPlay on April 14, 2018, 04:30:20 PM
Fair enough.  I meant that perhaps he felt unwell before his death.  Perhaps whatever killed him didn't happen suddenly.

Yes, life is always fatal, if you are lucky it will be slowly.
None of us are making it outta here alive!! 

I started listening to Art in college while working overnights at a bakery. The only good thing about that job was discovering him. I've spent many a night awake and freaked out, whether it was Ghost 2 Ghost, Father Malachi Martin or Bigfoot. To this day I still go to bed listening to U7 or one of the other TuneIn threads. I also own every Cusco album ever recorded because of him.

The man has literally been the soundtrack of my life.

RIP Art. 

dan7800

Quote from: ItsOver on April 14, 2018, 04:54:06 PM
Welcome back.  I wish it was for another big Bell comeback instead of The Big Goodbye.

I agree. A bit sad, but this is likely the last big "Hurrah" of Bellgab

ItsOver

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 14, 2018, 04:17:10 PM
If he starts the "Art Bell is talking to me from the dead / through my implant / in my Alpha Bits" schtick like he did with his wife he needs to be shunned even more than he is now.

That's crossing a line, even for him. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: dan7800 on April 14, 2018, 05:26:59 PM
I agree. A bit sad, but this is likely the last big "Hurrah" of Bellgab

Art hasn't been on the air in 2 years and this site seems to keep chugging along.

Robert

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 14, 2018, 12:53:37 AMI'll miss the old fuck.  Guess it's time to get off my ass and actually start downloading all his old shows.
I like even hearing his voice on the anmts he cut for MITD.

trostol

pretty sure Art would want everyone to have a party and not be sad

so in his honor..first drink is to him

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 14, 2018, 05:28:39 PM

He'll cross it. There are already "paranormalists" on YouTube claiming to be in contact.

Catsmile

I don't think the regulars around here can stretch their "fixed incomes" to cover the asking price. <Insert Emoji Here>

Catsmile

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 14, 2018, 05:28:39 PM

PB, ur always good for a laugh!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Catsmile on April 14, 2018, 05:33:15 PM
I don't think the regulars around here can stretch their "fixed incomes" to cover the asking price. <Insert Emoji Here>

Rix Gins

Quote from: trostol on April 14, 2018, 05:28:53 PM
pretty sure Art would want everyone to have a party and not be sad

so in his honor..first drink is to him

I got way drunk last night after hearing the news.  I went out back to turn off a porch light and fell into a flower bed.  Drunk as I was, the first thing I thought of was Art taking that tumble off the end of his porch.

Surmo

I'm really feeling sad, for a whole host of reasons.

Also sad that it took this to come back to BellGab.

trostol

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 14, 2018, 05:39:40 PM
I got way drunk last night after hearing the news.  I went out back to turn off a porch light and fell into a flower bed.  Drunk as I was, the first thing I thought of was Art taking that tumble off the end of his porch.

;D

Catsmile

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 14, 2018, 05:39:40 PM

This different from any other night, how? <JOKE LANG EMOJI>

DanTSX

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 14, 2018, 05:22:11 PM
Has the appropriate amount of time passed before asking Ayrin out yet? What's her favorite Vegas restaurant?

Give it a few weeks ;D

Take her to the one that serves Potatos.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Catsmile on April 14, 2018, 05:33:15 PM

If we cancel our MITD and OSOM subscriptions we might be able to stretch it. Maybe WhiteCrow will cosign.

Catsmile

Quote from: Surmo on April 14, 2018, 05:39:41 PM
I'm really feeling sad, for a whole host of reasons.

Also sad that it took this to come back to BellGab.

Yeah thats one ambulance you'll nevar be able to chase again, don't fret though there will be another one just around the corner any moment nao.

Did you get Arts non-compete overturned yet? <Sarcasm Emoji>

Catsmile

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 14, 2018, 05:48:14 PM
If we cancel our MITD and OSOM subscriptions we might be able to stretch it. Maybe WhiteCrow will cosign.

Cosign? Mr.Banker should shoulder the entire loan then refinance amongst all Gabbers, without any interest. Then give it to Falkie half way though repayment, just to show what a swell guy he is. Then hand out hoodies as consolation.