Author Topic: Art Bell  (Read 12277125 times)

Re: U7 radio
« Reply #106830 on: March 10, 2018, 10:08:50 PM »
Someone should upload old shows with noory and vuvuzelaís playing in back.

LOL! This would please me.

Re: Art Bell
« Reply #106831 on: March 10, 2018, 10:30:01 PM »
Ten minutes in to my very first ever viewing of The Day After Tomorrow.
The opening credits did not mention Art or Whit, story and screenplay by Roland Emmerich.

« Reply #106832 on: March 11, 2018, 12:57:18 AM »
Art back yet?  How will I know when Daylight Savings Time is here without him whining about it?

« Reply #106833 on: March 11, 2018, 07:19:12 AM »
Art back yet?  How will I know when Daylight Savings Time is here without him whining about it?

When you have a Doc Brown-esque wall of clocks what else can you do?

« Reply #106834 on: March 11, 2018, 12:19:24 PM »
Come back, Art.

« Reply #106835 on: March 11, 2018, 12:26:15 PM »
Ten minutes in to my very first ever viewing of The Day After Tomorrow.
The opening credits did not mention Art or Whit, story and screenplay by Roland Emmerich.
""The Coming Global Superstorm", a non-fiction novel by Art Bell and Whitley Strieber, was used for reference."
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319262/?ref_=nv_sr_1

« Reply #106836 on: March 11, 2018, 01:50:08 PM »
Come back, Art.
There's still "Somewhere in Time" on some stations, every Saturday night. 

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/somewhere-in-time-shows

Last night was Bell with Brendan Cook & Barbara McBeath from the Ghost Investigators Society and EVPs.  Still pretty creepy to hear those things in the dark of the night, especially with Barbara.  She appeared pretty disturbed by some of their recordings.

« Reply #106837 on: March 11, 2018, 01:52:56 PM »
Is art still alive? Is he hiding from the stalker in falkie's apartment? Is there any art bell news?

« Reply #106838 on: March 11, 2018, 02:08:11 PM »
Is art still alive? Is he hiding from the stalker in falkie's apartment? Is there any art bell news?
Not much news.

https://www.facebook.com/ArtBell66?ref=br_rs

« Reply #106839 on: March 12, 2018, 02:49:13 AM »
Not much news.

https://www.facebook.com/ArtBell66?ref=br_rs

Daddy please come back.  You have been gone so long.  It's no fair that you treat us like red headed step children.  Is this the way that you treat your children?  You just ignore us?

« Reply #106840 on: March 12, 2018, 10:33:39 PM »
I am pretty sure Art is under some type of spiritual oppression.

He has an unusual amount of negative bullcrap that constantly circles him.

I have experienced this myself and so have many of you, believers and non believers alike.

This isn't me making excuses for Arts bad business decisions, those are his alone. I'm talking about the long string of odd accusations and weird crap that has happened to Art beyond his control.

It is because of what he did with the Coast to Coast program and how he created an army of individuals "in the know" simply by sustaining the intellectual truth seeking program known as Coast to Coast.

For every chess move the good side makes, the dark side will counter. This is where George comes in.

« Reply #106841 on: March 12, 2018, 10:57:27 PM »
I am pretty sure Art is under some type of spiritual oppression.

Hey mang--Lodge orders is Lodge orders.

« Reply #106842 on: March 13, 2018, 04:58:13 AM »
Art wont come back because he has no clue how to make a good conspiracy show in the current meta where you can look up and debunk anything with a quick internet search before the next bumpermusic starts.
It worked in the 90's when the Internet was still fresh, but you can't do the same type of show anymore.
I don't know how to make it work either, but I haven't invested much thought.
I just know one thing - you can't have a female host. It's obnoxious to listen to and whamen belong in the kitchen and the bed, not behind a microphone - ok I know one exception to the rule, but it's not Heather, it's the girl from RED ICE radio, she's great. Lana Lokteff

meh, he could at least do a show a month as guest host somewhere, or make a podcast or something, but probably that's below him in his mind.
Hey Art, why don't you make a podcast on this site: https://therightstuff.biz/ lots of listeners there, and they have conspiracy stuff "The Paranormies" too.
Art should have teamed up with Alex Jones and made a weekly show (or more if he can). Just need to overcome your animosity towards AJ. He's pretty fun guy, I'm sure.

« Reply #106843 on: March 13, 2018, 07:44:09 AM »
Art wont come back because he has no clue how to make a good conspiracy show in the current meta where you can look up and debunk anything with a quick internet search before the next bumpermusic starts.
It worked in the 90's when the Internet was still fresh, but you can't do the same type of show anymore.
I don't know how to make it work either, but I haven't invested much thought.
I just know one thing - you can't have a female host. It's obnoxious to listen to and whamen belong in the kitchen and the bed, not behind a microphone - ok I know one exception to the rule, but it's not Heather, it's the girl from RED ICE radio, she's great. Lana Lokteff

meh, he could at least do a show a month as guest host somewhere, or make a podcast or something, but probably that's below him in his mind.
Hey Art, why don't you make a podcast on this site: https://therightstuff.biz/ lots of listeners there, and they have conspiracy stuff "The Paranormies" too.
Art should have teamed up with Alex Jones and made a weekly show (or more if he can). Just need to overcome your animosity towards AJ. He's pretty fun guy, I'm sure.

Art isn't coming back because all that stuff he supported and promoted has been proven false over time.

Dames, Scallion, Morton, The Quickening, Global Warming, Strieber, Mel's Hole, Paglini, Y2K, Hale-Bopp, Hopi Elders, ....Damn!  The list of bullshit just goes on and on.  Art was like the Energizer Bunny of para-crap.

Its entertaining but when you keep hearing from Art about the impressive 'Hit Rate' from the likes of Dames, Scallion or Morton.....and all the rest.  At some point you have to pay the piper.  Zero is not impressive and neither is Art's credibility.  In the end Art did a disservice to the genre and his listeners by fanning the flames of every pile of smoldering bullshit out there.

Edit:  If you listen to open lines you can get a sense of the caliber of people who are more than willing to buy into Art's particular line of crap.  These people don't have the capability to see C2C as entertainment but as the Gospel truth.  If anyone could claim responsibility for 'The Quickening' it would be Art himself.

« Reply #106844 on: March 13, 2018, 07:56:39 AM »

Its entertaining

For me the only relevant issue. Listening to Art is like reading great Fantasy. It's more fun if you suspend disbelief. What? LOTR sucked because Hobbits aren't real?  I doubt most listeners believed the b.s.  They just wanted to take a ride

« Reply #106845 on: March 13, 2018, 12:25:55 PM »

...I just know one thing - you can't have a female host. It's obnoxious to listen to and whamen belong in the kitchen and the bed, not behind a microphone - ok I know one exception to the rule, but it's not Heather, it's the girl from RED ICE radio, she's great. Lana Lokteff...

Don't forget LMH.  She's great when she takes over C2C as a host, once a month, by default, while Jorch sleeps on the job, more so than usual. ;)

« Reply #106846 on: March 13, 2018, 12:28:03 PM »
For me the only relevant issue. Listening to Art is like reading great Fantasy. It's more fun if you suspend disbelief. What? LOTR sucked because Hobbits aren't real?  I doubt most listeners believed the b.s.  They just wanted to take a ride
Yep.  Nightime entertainment, extraordinaire.

« Reply #106847 on: March 13, 2018, 12:37:04 PM »
Don't forget LMH.  She's great when she takes over C2C as a host, once a month, by default, while Jorch sleeps on the job, more so than usual. ;)

what? I always thought LMH is just a text-to-speech robot voice talking

« Reply #106848 on: March 13, 2018, 12:39:15 PM »
STILL better than a Noory or Redacted broadcasting.

« Reply #106849 on: March 13, 2018, 12:52:54 PM »

I think you're confusing her with Amy...but she's not really software either.  ;)

« Reply #106850 on: March 13, 2018, 01:13:43 PM »
Is Art still alive? Is he hiding from the stalker in Falkie's apartment? Is there any Art Bell news?

Art who ?

Re: U7 radio
« Reply #106851 on: March 13, 2018, 01:15:05 PM »
It's just some dick who doesn't want anyone recording his precious Art Bell broadcasts.

Who's Dick ?

« Reply #106852 on: March 13, 2018, 04:04:37 PM »

I agree with you in the bigger picture, but Lunger makes a fair point.  Bell didn't just present some topics, he bought into and supported the authenticity of them.  The two stories that best exemplify this for me were the Hale-Bopp comet/spaceship and Alien Autopsy film.  I would have had a great deal more respect for him if he had come out and just admitted he'd been hoodwinked.  There is nothing wrong with being mistaken, but at least admit it.

« Reply #106853 on: March 13, 2018, 04:14:36 PM »
I agree with you in the bigger picture, but Lunger makes a fair point.  Bell didn't just present some topics, he bought into and supported the authenticity of them.  The two stories that best exemplify this for me were the Hale-Bopp comet/spaceship and Alien Autopsy film.  I would have had a great deal more respect for him if he had come out and just admitted he'd been hoodwinked.  There is nothing wrong with being mistaken, but at least admit it.
He also explicitly stated that "rods" were true, that he believed in them, and that Jose Escamilla had "conclusively proven it."

Having said that I still loved the shows and considered them entertainment with a few shows on philosophical/physics speculation.

« Reply #106854 on: March 13, 2018, 04:21:05 PM »
He also explicitly stated that "rods" were true, that he believed in them, and that Jose Escamilla had "conclusively proven it."

Having said that I still loved the shows and considered them entertainment with a few shows on philosophical/physics speculation.

Also, Jose is really Juan Cena. ;)

« Reply #106855 on: March 13, 2018, 04:25:38 PM »
Also, Jose is really Juan Cena. ;)

Not true. It's the other way around.

« Reply #106856 on: March 13, 2018, 04:26:42 PM »
Not true. It's the other way around.

That's what I meant. :D

« Reply #106857 on: March 13, 2018, 04:44:17 PM »

Art isn't coming back because all that stuff he supported and promoted has been proven false over time.

Dames, Scallion, Morton, The Quickening, Global Warming, Strieber, Mel's Hole, Paglini, Y2K, Hale-Bopp, Hopi Elders, ....Damn!  The list of bullshit just goes on and on.  Art was like the Energizer Bunny of para-crap.

Its entertaining but when you keep hearing from Art about the impressive 'Hit Rate' from the likes of Dames, Scallion or Morton.....and all the rest.  At some point you have to pay the piper.  Zero is not impressive and neither is Art's credibility.  In the end Art did a disservice to the genre and his listeners by fanning the flames of every pile of smoldering bullshit out there.

Edit:  If you listen to open lines you can get a sense of the caliber of people who are more than willing to buy into Art's particular line of crap.  These people don't have the capability to see C2C as entertainment but as the Gospel truth.  If anyone could claim responsibility for 'The Quickening' it would be Art himself.

I don't think Art believed all of them.  For example everyone knew, including Art, that Mel made up the hole and that he was just an entertaining character to have on the show.  Same with Drunk Elk, Hoagie, and plenty of others.  After all he did have 5 shows a week to fill.

I think he believed Whitley's stories, at least some of them.  For all the ''psychics'' he had on, all the Ed Dames appearances, he must have thought there was something to that as well.

There were plenty of shows and guests I had no interest in, and would turn it off and go to bed after the news segment and maybe the opening portion of the interview, but three guests were on way too much and I grew to despise them:  Hoagland, Dames, and Weeber.  And may as well add the ghost hunters to that list.

« Reply #106858 on: March 13, 2018, 04:47:05 PM »

Did Escamilla actually believe rods were real or was it a scam all along?

« Reply #106859 on: March 13, 2018, 05:29:06 PM »
What would happen to a broadcaster if something like the Hale-Bopp/Heaven's gate thing were to happen in 2018?