• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Swishypants

BUT HE GETS CHEESE ON OTHER Mickey-D's Burgers!!! WHY!? WHY!? WHY!? WHY!? WHY!?

McDonalds only really has like 3 products, served up in different ratios! Why the Quarter Pounder alone? It's a very subtle and elegant dining experience and he's FUCKING WITH IT!

Swishypants

3 minutes without Air
3 days without Water
3 weeks without Food

Cheese is like Air!!!

ItsOver

Quote from: Swishypants on January 06, 2018, 10:00:36 AM
... It's a very subtle and elegant dining radio experience and he's FUCKING WITH IT!
[attachment=1,msg1142127]

Juan

Quote from: Swishypants on January 06, 2018, 04:51:20 AM
Why no cheese? That just makes it a larger version of the regular Hamburger! Why doesn't he just buy two regular hamburgers?  That would be cheaper! Art is fucking with us! There is NO FUCKING WAY, he gets that without the cheese. It's pure insanity!
Obviously a Clark Howard fan.

pyewacket

Mark Knopfler was inspired by the biography of Ray Kroc, the McDonald's entrepreneur.

Ray Kroc: Now, I know what you're thinkin'. How the heck does a 52 year old, over-the-hill milkshake machine salesman... build a fast food empire with 16,000 restaurants, in 50 states, in 5 foreign countries... with an annual revenue of in the neighborhood of $700,000,000.00... One word... PERSISTENCE. Nothing in this world can take the place of good old persistence. Talent won't. Nothing's more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius won't. Unrecognized genius is practically a cliche. Education won't. Why the world is full of educated fools. Persistence and determination alone are all powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sYK2RwH5E8

Swishypants

Three words dipshit! Central Intelligence Agency!

Robert

Quote from: Swishypants on January 06, 2018, 02:02:22 PMThree words dipshit! Central Intelligence Agency!
The CIA acc'ts for Ray Kroc's success?   ???

Anyway, I notice that since I moved here I've been eating a lot more cheese.  Maybe the influence of the dairy farms E & W of me.  But I still take my restaurant hamburgers w/o cheese, unless they offer Swiss or blue, which they don't often.  McDonald's had for a while one w Swiss cheese & non-canned mushrooms, but not in a while.

Swishypants

Quote from: Robert on January 06, 2018, 09:34:27 PM
The CIA acc'ts for Ray Kroc's success?   ???

Anyway, I notice that since I moved here I've been eating a lot more cheese.  Maybe the influence of the dairy farms E & W of me.  But I still take my restaurant hamburgers w/o cheese, unless they offer Swiss or blue, which they don't often.  McDonald's had for a while one w Swiss cheese & non-canned mushrooms, but not in a while.

No company goes big, fast, or ever honestly, without the green-light from  Spook Central.

Jackstar

Quote from: Swishypants on January 06, 2018, 09:37:58 PM
No company goes big, fast, or ever honestly, without the green-light from  Spook Central.

That is a true story.

ItsTelly

Hi Bellgab,

Would anyone have Art's show from January 16, 2005?  It was an interview with Michael Drosnin about Howard Hughes. That was a good one.

I seldom listen to Noory anymore.  Clearly, he is phoning it in most of the time.  It's just better to listen to the old art stuff...

Much thanks,

Telly

Element 115

Quote from: ItsTelly on January 07, 2018, 01:26:31 PM
Hi Bellgab,

Would anyone have Art's show from January 16, 2005?  It was an interview with Michael Drosnin about Howard Hughes. That was a good one.

I seldom listen to Noory anymore.  Clearly, he is phoning it in most of the time.  It's just better to listen to the old art stuff...

Much thanks,

Telly

https://goo.gl/9aBzQ7

albrecht

Alert: "The Day After Tomorrow" is currently on AMC. Art and Whitley could use the residuals so everyone tune in. Note that they predicted events like the "Cyclone Snow Bomb," or whatever the media called this recent snowstorm.  ;)

ItsTelly

Who loves ya baby!  (I do).

Much thanks.  I've been looking for this for a while...

Cheers,

Telly

Element 115

Quote from: ItsTelly on January 07, 2018, 07:54:12 PM
Who loves ya baby!  (I do).

Much thanks.  I've been looking for this for a while...

Cheers,

Telly

You are welcome. Glad I could help!

Let Light descend.

Swishypants

Quote from: Element 115 on January 07, 2018, 08:19:27 PM
You are welcome. Glad I could help!

Let Light descend.

2 Corinthians 11:14-15

14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

People who talk about love and light are Satanists. God wants you to be a violent asshole motherfucker that smashes these fucks in the teeth! Christianity is not a peaceful religion, nor is it accepting.  And Black people can't be in it, because HAM raped Noah. Stupid asshole. Ham is a retarded name anyway!

comaphobe

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2018, 03:25:48 PM
"Cyclone Snow Bomb"

Conspiracy therapists believe the snowclouds were seeded with freon mini cannisters. IMO the conspiracy rapists might be right.

Quote from: comaphobe on January 08, 2018, 10:41:33 PM
... the conspiracy rapists might be right.

In DC or Hollywood?

Swishypants

I don't want to geek-out on you guys too badly here, but technically, the Rapist is always right. At least while he is in the process of holding you down and raping you. Just want to put a highlight on that point. Ok, who want's punch and cookies?

Barlow79

Hi. I'm new here. I'm trying to find the Mojave Desert Phone booth show from 3/7/00. Anybody know where I could download this or stream it? I'm a coast insider member and cannot find it on the site. Thanks!

Quote from: Barlow79 on January 14, 2018, 11:41:13 AM
Hi. I'm new here. I'm trying to find the Mojave Desert Phone booth show from 3/7/00. Anybody know where I could download this or stream it? I'm a coast insider member and cannot find it on the site. Thanks!

Welcome. Can't help with the Art Bell info, but welcome.

albrecht

Quote from: Barlow79 on January 14, 2018, 11:41:13 AM
I think it is in the "ultimate archive" torrent. It also is apparently on youtube but blocked in the USA (depending on your setup and location you might be able to access it?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbpaerXwwow

Barlow79

QuoteI think it is in the "ultimate archive" torrent. It also is apparently on youtube but blocked in the USA (depending on your setup and location you might be able to access it?)

Thank you but I should have mentioned that I do have the ultimate Bell torrent donwnloaded. The show on that date included in this torrent is only 30 some minutes.  Also I have tried to watch the video on YouTube but it is in fact blocked. I would like to try and find the full show. Art Bell is perfect for my long commutes.

albrecht

Quote from: Barlow79 on January 14, 2018, 05:03:38 PM
Thank you but I should have mentioned that I do have the ultimate Bell torrent donwnloaded. The show on that date included in this torrent is only 30 some minutes.  Also I have tried to watch the video on YouTube but it is in fact blocked. I would like to try and find the full show. Art Bell is perfect for my long commutes.
Sorry I can't help. I recall the show. Interestingly the show offered for sale at, or near, the time when they sold "tapes" was listed as only 2 hours, #000307C, at $14.50 but says "repeated on 3/18/00," so that could be another date for which to search around? The "urban legend" guest was a Richard Roeper from the Chicago Sun Times, another possible search idea? But it would appear that that tape or archive didn't get the whole show? (Unless the urban legend was also the Mojave Phonebooth, but I recall some camping dude in that segment, not a journalist from Chicago.) Good luck, if you find it post a link.

Rix Gins

Quote from: albrecht on January 14, 2018, 05:42:55 PM
Sorry I can't help. I recall the show. Interestingly the show offered for sale at, or near, the time when they sold "tapes" was listed as only 2 hours, #000307C, at $14.50 but says "repeated on 3/18/00," so that could be another date for which to search around? The "urban legend" guest was a Richard Roeper from the Chicago Sun Times, another possible search idea? But it would appear that that tape or archive didn't get the whole show? (Unless the urban legend was also the Mojave Phonebooth, but I recall some camping dude in that segment, not a journalist from Chicago.) Good luck, if you find it post a link.

Also to consider is that the show wasn't full length because the broadcast was cut short.  I can recall Art leaving early due to health problems, (mostly his back) and the occasional thunder storm that would cut his power off over there in the desert.  I'm not sure if they note those things on the re-broadcast shows.

albrecht

Quote from: Rix Gins on January 14, 2018, 05:50:17 PM
Also to consider is that the show wasn't full length because the broadcast was cut short.  I can recall Art leaving early due to health problems, (mostly his back) and the occasional thunder storm that would cut his power off over there in the desert.  I'm not sure if they note those things on the re-broadcast shows.
Good point. And there seemed to be lots of changes on the business-side, who was selling, the advent of online (isn't that where Mark Rubin made his $$, not on Art but some streaming radio/media deal?,) who was taping dubbing, and the weather and health issues. And sports teams that would make local (if recorded there) preempt. Hopefully all archives will come to light (hello, Keith?) but still sort of amazing so many are out there since even then recording of radio and interwebs were totally easy like now and was, sorta, a time between folks taping and ease of recording online.

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on January 14, 2018, 05:57:14 PM
Good point. And there seemed to be lots of changes on the business-side, who was selling, the advent of online (isn't that where Mark Rubin made his $$, not on Art but some streaming radio/media deal?,) who was taping dubbing, and the weather and health issues. And sports teams that would make local (if recorded there) preempt. Hopefully all archives will come to light (hello, Keith?) but still sort of amazing so many are out there since even then recording of radio and interwebs were totally easy like now and was, sorta, a time between folks taping and ease of recording online.

Really?  'Hello Keith?'  That cat doesn't give a shit about us. 

starrmtn001

Remember Art's movie "The Day After Tomorrow?"  He may have just nailed it. :o

https://youtu.be/Ci_vlkzJ6c8

Lord Grantham

Coming across this on the radio in 1957 must have been a complete trip. Audio quality sucks, but it is listenable.
QuoteJun 21, 1957, George Van Tassel tells how he rode in a flying saucer, and of his discussions with the alien who was flying it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kDO5o_p_Hs

Lord Grantham

Oh wow. Around the 1:24:00 mark this contactee claims to be rebuilding alien tech, and they they brought a lizard back to life.

1) He says a few men along with their wives witnessed it regenerate. He's then asked "did any other men see it?".

2) His buddy crushed these lizards heads against a bench so they could have test subjects.