Author Topic: Art Bell  (Read 12408318 times)

Re: Art Bell
« Reply #106710 on: January 22, 2018, 01:35:14 PM »
It's like going from high-dollar champagne to piss water. .

Exactly.  And how hard is it for Keith/DMDN to throw in a substitute every once in a while?  Or play an archived episode of Art.

« Reply #106711 on: January 22, 2018, 01:48:15 PM »
Same here.  I tuned in for Art Bell, not some amateur off the street.   It's like going from high-dollar champagne to piss water.  It was bad enough to keep listening to Bell's lame excuses for quitting.  Going to HW was the final straw.
For all of Art's consternation about music royalties it seemed like, even before the quittening, that it was a weak attempt at a comeback with little, or no, organization. No back up hosts, going from retired with young children to a full schedule, no business model (going internet, going radio, going for both, etc,) and too few people with unclear, or too many varied, responsibilities. He should've done weekly live show or even just a podcast like Dreamland with no calls- which could be recorded at any time so as to make schedules easier with the kids (and the stalker.)

« Reply #106712 on: January 22, 2018, 04:40:57 PM »
...people with unclear, or too many varied, responsibilities agendas.

fify, as the kids say.

« Reply #106713 on: January 22, 2018, 04:44:25 PM »
you left out the part where, 20 minutes into the Redacted era, Art had to step in for an hour due to technical difficulties, even though doing so would put him in great danger from the alleged stalker

« Reply #106714 on: January 22, 2018, 10:04:50 PM »
you left out the part where, 20 minutes into the Redacted era, Art had to step in for an hour due to technical difficulties, even though doing so would put him in great danger from the alleged stalker

God, Art probably actually listens to Heather's shows.  One hand on the dials, and the other hand on...

« Reply #106715 on: January 22, 2018, 10:25:52 PM »
God, Art probably actually listens to Heather's shows.  One hand on the dials, and the other hand on...

Your mom? ???

« Reply #106716 on: January 22, 2018, 10:37:40 PM »
Alert: AMC is playing "The Day After Tomorrow" now. Watch or Tivo, Art and Whitley can use the funds. Baby needs a new pair of shoes.

« Reply #106717 on: January 22, 2018, 10:39:54 PM »
Alert: AMC is playing "The Day After Tomorrow" now. Watch or Tivo, Art and Whitley can use the funds. Baby needs a new pair of shoes.

Unless I can get AMC over the internet Art and Whit are SOL. ;)

« Reply #106718 on: January 22, 2018, 10:45:26 PM »
Saw a copy of both of their book AND RCH/Bara's at Halfprice books the other day. And a few others like Hancock, Van Damiken, n even "numbers lady." . Apparently a C2C listener had died or was robbed by a junkie. :'(  the section was like "guests of the past."

« Reply #106719 on: January 22, 2018, 10:48:36 PM »

you can.
it isn't free.

« Reply #106720 on: January 22, 2018, 10:49:37 PM »
Saw a copy of both of their book AND RCH/Bara's at Halfprice books the other day. And a few others like Hancock, Van Damiken, n even "numbers lady." . Apparently a C2C listener had died or was robbed by a junkie. :'(  the section was like "guests of the past."

Maybe Cornelius got robbed?

« Reply #106721 on: January 22, 2018, 10:50:47 PM »
you can.
it isn't free.

Well, nurtz to that!

« Reply #106722 on: January 22, 2018, 10:55:53 PM »
Maybe Cornelius got robbed?
I doubt the robber would drive the several hundred miles to fence the goods here. Plus he is running foe some kind of marshall office. I would say Thomas in La Jolla but that would an even longer distance. So likely some house-bound old lady died and her kids took her collect of C2C books in.  :'(

« Reply #106723 on: January 22, 2018, 11:01:29 PM »

seeing it once was enough for me....
baby needs new shoes?
i couldn't care less.

;)

« Reply #106724 on: January 22, 2018, 11:14:55 PM »

Whitley may be a wanker, but he once saw a woman walk into the ladies room in a restaurant - and never saw her come out. 

If that isn't proof of alien life, what would be?

« Reply #106725 on: January 22, 2018, 11:20:39 PM »
seeing it once was enough for me....
baby needs new shoes?
i couldn't care less.

;)

Haha."The Day After Tomorrow" is one of my bad movies that's good amd so have to put on. Even if reading or doing something else. Give Art and Whitley some residuals and remember when first saw (involved some fun incidents) and laughing that Al Gore tried  to copy it but the Art/Whitley vehicle so much better and still in rotation. And good casting in stereotypical roles.

« Reply #106726 on: January 22, 2018, 11:30:12 PM »

Whitley may be a wanker, but he once saw a woman walk into the ladies room in a restaurant - and never saw her come out. 

#believevictims or whatever. The guy is a rape victim. Stop slutshaming him.  ;)

« Reply #106727 on: January 22, 2018, 11:34:21 PM »
Haha."The Day After Tomorrow" is one of my bad movies that's good amd so have to put on. Even if reading or doing something else. Give Art and Whitley some residuals and remember when first saw (involved some fun incidents) and laughing that Al Gore tried  to copy it but the Art/Whitley vehicle so much better and still in rotation. And good casting in stereotypical roles.

there were no residuals to give....

..... i deleted the torrent after watching the movie.  ;)

« Reply #106728 on: January 22, 2018, 11:40:43 PM »
there were no residuals to give....

..... i deleted the torrent after watching the movie.  ;)
Torrents kill Hollywood.  ;D But in this rare case I want Art/Whitley to get that "mailbox money."

« Reply #106729 on: January 22, 2018, 11:51:20 PM »
Torrents kill Hollywood;D But in this rare case I want Art/Whitley to get that "mailbox money."

well, to be honest... i do feel a bit guilty about torrenting the Lego Scooby-Doo tv series.

« Reply #106730 on: January 22, 2018, 11:56:08 PM »
well, to be honest... i do feel a bit guilty about torrenting the Lego Scooby-Doo tv series.

Why? They've been phoning it in for years. Every culprit turns out to be some old guy in a mask...and he would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling kids. Zoiks! :o ::)

« Reply #106731 on: January 22, 2018, 11:58:44 PM »
spoiler alert!  ;D

Why? They've been phoning it in for years. Every culprit turns out to be some old guy in a mask...and he would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling kids. Zoiks! :o ::)

« Reply #106732 on: January 23, 2018, 12:08:42 AM »
I see the producers who made "The Day After Tomorrow" made kinda a sequel that came out in theaters last year and now appearing on video. The new movie is titled "GeoStorm"

« Reply #106733 on: January 23, 2018, 12:11:22 AM »
I see the producers who made "The Day After Tomorrow" made kinda a sequel that came out in theaters last year and now appearing on video. The new movie is titled "GeoStorm"

It failed because it didn't have the word pocalypse in the title. :(

« Reply #106734 on: January 23, 2018, 12:18:37 AM »
I saw a commercial for that a while back and thought "it looked like TDAT remake with even more CGI" but without the good casting and "been done." And since no hype from Art, Whitley, or Al Gore...so have not watched.

« Reply #106735 on: January 23, 2018, 03:15:11 AM »

What the fuck was he doing in the ladies room?  Nope. Don't want to know.  I would just have to make another entry into the Cock Gobblers thread

« Reply #106736 on: January 23, 2018, 08:39:38 AM »
I saw a commercial for that a while back and thought "it looked like TDAT remake with even more CGI" but without the good casting and "been done." And since no hype from Art, Whitley, or Al Gore...so have not watched.
It looked almost as bad as Sharknado.  At least Sharknado made for an excellent riff.

« Reply #106737 on: January 23, 2018, 10:14:42 AM »

« Reply #106738 on: January 23, 2018, 10:23:18 PM »

What's on the chain around Art's neck, a coke spoon or a one-hitter?

« Reply #106739 on: January 23, 2018, 10:27:36 PM »

Who's that with Bell?  Did he finally catch his stalker?