• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ArtBellFan

Quote from: moop on April 23, 2008, 05:29:01 AM
During the show about medical mishaps they were discussing harvesting organs from dead people for transplant. George asked "Do the organs die if they're not put on ice right away?"

I needed a good laugh today. ;D ;D ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: moop on April 23, 2008, 05:29:01 AM
During the show about medical mishaps they were discussing harvesting organs from dead people for transplant. George asked "Do the organs die if they're not put on ice right away?"
if they harvested a new brain for george and failed to put it on ice for a few weeks, it would still be a vast improvement.  i also believe the new brain would quickly decide to shave off the sewer rat growing on it's top lip which was placed there by the previous cranial inhabitant.

Quote from: admin on April 23, 2008, 01:50:00 PM
i also believe the new brain would quickly decide to shave off the sewer rat growing on it's top lip which was placed there by the previous cranial inhabitant.

Aww come on.  You want him to lose his whole "International Man of Intrigue and Mystery" look!

P.S. - For anyone who actually pays attention to this thread, I'll be adding the briefing on last night's show and tonight's show tomorrow.  I got lazy today, and besides, last night wasn't anything really special.

Ipokesmot

I would love to pick out all the dumb things that Noory says, but that means I would have to listen to the show! LOL ewwwwwwwwwwww

Okay, here goes.  I hate letting stuff back-up exactly because of moments like this.

Tues. April 22 -
Guest Phil Imbrogno discusses UFO's and other strange phenomena, and the possible connections.  While describing how the mythical Djinn and ancient wisdom may play a part in some of these phenomena, George's gem of the night comes when he asks something along the lines of "How do Leprechauns figure into all of this?". **(Note- This could have been a question that was forwarded in advance to the show by a guest in prep. for the interview night, but even if it was, it still sounded so outta left-field that it still deserves the prize)

Wed. April 23 -
Guest Cliff Pickover.  Very interesting guest. While announcing Pickover, George mentions that he's a Yale graduate, but don't worry, "I don't think he's a member of Skull & Bones".  Later when Pickover mentions Archimedes, George asks "Archimedes.....He's the buoyancy guy, right?". Pickover discusses some of Archimedes' other noteworthy undertakings, besides being the buoyancy guy, and talks about Archimedes' multiple-mirror anti-naval weapon, illustrating the idea with a synopsis of a story by Arthur C. Clarke in which an arena full of fans, displeased with the referee's actions, all simultaneously use their glossy programs to focus light at the referee, thereby causing the ref to combust. George rewrites the scene instantly by blurting "Or they blinded him or something!" *chuckle*. Time-travel is brought up and George's gem of the night is produced when he asks " How do we know some of the C2C callers aren't time-travellers?"

George earned 0.5 of a 'stache for playing Jackie Blue, and another half a 'stache for Moondance.

Thurs. April 24 -
First hour is an interview w/ Archaeological Skeptic Michael Cremo.  Interesting because Cremo brought up some questions I've wondered about myself.

Rest of the show belonged to Linda Moulton Howe.  Started off with a LONG interview about declining bee population and health in the U.S.; I think I heard George snore once during it.  Howe was explaining that talks are taking place regarding importing African bees to supplement the American Honey bees, which led to the George's gem of night.
George - "Are those African bees you speak of the same ones that they used to say were gonna migrate here and kill everyone?"
Howe - "That's right."
George - "Oh god" *fade to commercial*.
Talk about climactic responses and gripping radio.  This was one of those nights where you miss Art's ability to have interesting, on-the-fly discourse with a guest

George earned 0.5 of a 'stache for playing Under Pressure, and another half a 'stache for Goodbye Stranger

Fri. April 25 -
George takes the night off and Ian Punnett takes your calls.

MV/Liberace!

holy shit i love reading these show synopsis posts of yours.  excellent.  please keep it up.  "you're doing god's work," as they say.

EvB

Just wanted to add my kudos to  PhantasticSanShiSan for these fine posts.

I DO - sort of - listen to George.  I find him excellent background noise for tedious work (like tweaking HTML or CSS - or cleaning out my files) since I'm a bit ADD and mild distraction actually HELPS me concentrate.  I also will turn the whow on when it's time for bed and my mind is still racing (though to be fair this works with anything that is not so utterly engrossing that I can't be puled away un most circumstances) Listening to George and his guests helps me let go of my own mental babble - and I usually fall asleep pretty quickly.

When I read PhantasticSanShiSan - my memory gets jogged - and I get my giggles then.

Max

PhantasticSanShiSan great work indeed... I just read the entire thread and almost died laughing at quoting george...

Thanks guys. It's the least I could do to contribute.  I owe Vandeven something major for the Art/C2C stream.  It changed my life (or at least my nights) for a long while and really helped with many bouts of insomnia.  *Intently sitting by the computer constantly clicking, closing and re-clicking, looking to slip into that elusive 100th streaming spot, like a real "Coast-Head" trying to score a fix on the shadowy end of Arthur W. Bell III Ave., until I got streamer* I don't have all the fancy book-learnin' and ten dollar words of Camazotz, the long term, in-depth C2C knowledge of some,or the tech-savvy ways of others.  However, I am willing to do my part and stay up all night to keep watch over "The Nighthawk.

Bear with me today on this one guys.  I'm finding out that Mondays just aren't good days for George.  It seems like it takes a day or two for him to really get in gear.

Mon. April 28
Trends Analyst Gerald Calente reminds us of how in-the-shits the economy is right now, and let's us know it's gonna get worse. Ethanol problems, gas prices, and food shortages are the fare for the first hour. Did a relative ever say "Potatoes will grow if you don't wash your armpits"?  If so, now might be a good time to stop showering and start exporting. Note** George earns a rare 1.5 'staches for pushing the whole ConAgra/Carlyle ethanol connection during this segment.

Tom Valone was the guest for the rest of the show. What could have been an interesting interview turned out to be mostly a re-hash of everything you ever heard about Nikola Tesla.  It seemed like Valone really wanted to spend the time talking about positive applications of science in the near future, while George was playing it Geraldo, mere feet away from Tesla's hidden vault, for the most of the duration.  I wish I could say there was a George's gem of the night, but it was such a tepid program and the NightHawk wasn't producing. Valone did discuss enertial shielding, explaining how it would apply to acceleration properties of a airplane/space-craft, and mentions Newton's F=ma. George reminds us "It's a simple formula; you just gotta find out how to apply it." Not quite a gem in my opinion, but the only glimmer on an otherwise lackluster night.

BTW, that Tahiti Village commercial w/ Roseanne is really starting to get to me.  How often do they rotate celebrities, because I'm really looking forward to the Wesley Snipes one. George gets half a 'stache for The Who's Baba O'Riley, and another for The Eagles In The City.  Here's hoping for a more eventful Tuesday.

MV/Liberace!

i'm listening right now to snoory's tuesday night/wednesday morning show.  this tard started the show out with a real doozie.  i wasn't sure whether this should be placed here or in the quotes section.  however, since the quote doesn't stand on its own without context, it seems better placed here.

within the first 60 seconds of the show, george is talking about some 5.x earthquake somewhere.  after his brief mention of this quake, douche-nozzle says, "Man, these things (earthquakes) are all over the place these days."  god, save us from this drek.

one more note... first break included one of these fucking tahiti village spots... this time featuring hose-beast extraordinaire roseanne barr.  bleh.  for those who don't know, here's a little inside-radio for you.  these spots, as you guessed, are recorded.  no surprise there.  however, what you might not have known is that they are scripted completely and the parts of each person are recorded separately.  they are then pieced together on the other end.  next time you hear snoory reading the copy from one of these, keep this in mind and you will doubly cringe as he pumps out one of his phony laughs in what is actually a one man conversation.  phony phony phony.

HAHAHAHA.  I'm listening right now too, (of course), and when I heard them open with the Tahiti Village commercial I was like "F**K, it's gonna be a long night."  "So Many Buffets, So Little Time!"

uh... did i hear correctly that the quakes reported are an inside job? sorry... had to put the program in the ooh ef ef mode.

I'm afraid that I may have dropped the ball a bit on this one guys.....

Tues. April 29,
Behind The Secret Door!
- weeee!
First hour starts of with open lines, followed by 6 mystery guests - one every half hour.
In the news at the top of the show, we hear about events in the Uma Thurman stalker case, and George let's us know that he understands exactly how she feels because he's had "an individual" e-mailing him for a couple years, and who finally showed up to a conference he was at. I just hope is wasn't AXEGRINDER. The evil portent, Tahiti Village w/ Roseanne, starts off the first commercial break.  Open lines first caller asks about Ed Dames and in a moment of clarity, George promises to "..get Ed Dames on soon and hold his feet to the fire regarding his predicted Kill Shot.  When is it coming?" For this, I'll give him a temporary 'stache an' a half. He can keep the rating if he follows through. George later relates a story of visiting a local restaurant and being shocked at how empty it was on a Monday.  He hangs out for awhile, analyzing customer flow, or the lack thereof, when the owner tells him that this situation is becoming more and more the norm as he feels people have less and less disposable income. While at the restaurant, how does George  inject a little economic energy into that restaurant? By enjoying a salad and sipping an iced tea. "Hey big spender....". I hope he tipped well.

Do you ever get the feeling that there are long lines at asylum pay-phones whenever George has an open lines night.

Guest 1 - Glynis McCant. The name might say it all. "The Numbers Lady" shares her numerical wisdom and wit in discussing current events and George's numbers. George speaks again about his (shattered) dream to be Wilhelm cum Plimpton by trying out for the Twins and using the dreaded "Coast-to-Coast Knuckleball". McCant refers back to this example of George's behavior 3 more times, and remembers each time that it's a knuckleball, leading me to believe that McCant is head over heels in love w/ George. Note*** It's just a theory right now. She tells George at one point Angelina Jolie would be the perfect match for him. Did I already tell you I think she loves George? "She Was Blinded by the (Worker in the) Light..". McCant tells us that current media darling Rev. Jeremiah Wright's number tells us he's an outspoken person, just like Jack Nicholson, who shares the same number.  What evidence does McCant use to show us Jack Nicholson is an outspoken person? "Just look a his character and lines from the movie "A Few Good Men"". O-M-G ???

Guest 2 - Dr. Robert Zubrin. Doc Zubrin speaks about a possible Saudi low-ball buyout of America, and tells us that we can have more then enough corn to make ethanol a viable fuel soucre, we just need to grow MORE corn.

Guest 3 - Alex Jones. Earl must have been in heaven. Of course, this is where we get our first Illuminati mention of the night. George does his fantastic Alex Jones impression, and Alex tells us that jackbooted federal soldiers are getting ready for economy related riots and breaking up our families and sending us to FEMA camps.

This is where I dropped the ball. Alex Jones and George Noory at the same time caused some type of sensory overload and I woke up on my living room floor, in a puddle of drool, at 1 o'clock this afternoon.  I guess "..I CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!". (Am I outspoken like Rev. Wright and Jack Nicholson?). Or maybe I should have worn my Velostat thought-screen cap. Anyone else who did listen to the rest of the show, feel free to add to this.  I know I missed Cal Orey, David Icke, and Dr. Louis Turi.

Tonights George's gem of the night is special, because it's not from George Noory, but from good ol' George W. ABC news updates of a meeting where the Prez addressed oil prices has W saying " If there's a magic wand and you could say "Okay, Price Down!", I'd do it." I love this guy. Noory gets a full 3 'staches for playing Kyu Sakamoto's Sukiyaki (I LOVE that song).

Wed. April 30
In the "current events" segment, we hear the announcement of the death of Albert Hofmann, "Father of LSD".  I'd like to take a moment of silence.............*Wow, the walls are breathing!*. R.I.P. A.H. Also mentioned is the lady whose ultrasound may or may not have produced an image of Jesus on the cross. Anyone keeping an eye out for signs of Revelations or the Anti-Christ, heads up.
First Hour has Randall Lockwood from the ASPCA speak on perceived animal behavioral changes and why they seem to be attacking humans more. The conversation turns to animal perception and George tells Lockwood "I love getting calls from people that see cat-prints or dog-prints on their bed from their deceased pets. Great Stuff!".
Second hour has main guest jesuit Brother Guy Consolmagno, Astronomer & Curator of Meteorites at the Vatican Observatory. Br. Guy talked about astronomy and touched upon how theology can co exist with science and vice-versa. George asks this killer early on - "Has anyone been killed by a small meteorite falling to earth and hitting them in head?". However, he later bounces back with impressive quick thinking by helpfully correcting Br. Guy in regards to a point made about the age of the solar system when Br. Guy mistakenly said universe. Half a 'stache for the NightHawk. At one point when Br. Guy is describing the logistics of how the telescope time is divided because it's not housed in a large observatory but in a cabin on a mountain, we get George's gem of the night.
Br. Guy - "Groups or an astronomer will come up to the cabin and stay for their time, leave, and then the next group goes up."
George - " But the telescope stays there, right?"
Overall it was an interesting interview. George gets .5 'staches for playing Rush's New World Man.

EvB

Lord I love these posts - keep 'em commin' please!  I know it's a lot of work.

I actually listened to a chunk of the show, and I feel like George's problem, if you want to call it that, is that he relates to people like a puppy does.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on May 01, 2008, 10:55:35 AM
Br. Guy - "Groups or an astronomer will come up to the cabin and stay for their time, leave, and then the next group goes up."
George - " But the telescope stays there, right?"
fuck me.  i swear this guy is a lead paint-chip victim.  too many years chewing on the old radiator in his aunty's house.  great work, phan.

Max

ok I am starting to want the audio of this shit... its too much..

*****Note - Some of the quotes are not EXACT, because it's late, or they're talking fast, or it takes me awhile to write it down, etc. However, I NEVER have presented, or will present them, out of context.  And if something needs to be taken out of context to be funny, I state that caveat plainly.  I try to record them as accurately as I can at the time, and if you compare them to audio or transcripts, you should be able to identify the lines or area of interview that I mention. I don't sit here and try and pick apart everything George says, or look for a way to "frame" what he says in a demeaning way.  This is easily demonstrated by the fact that some nights I have nothing really to write about i.e. Mondays. I have to catch the comments on the fly because I usually am trying to pay attention to the program, plus on this site and others, and/or reading material related to the show, and sometimes also have a movie running in the background, or even studying, so I apologize for any minor discrepancies on my part.  I try to keep it accurate, but also try to put a humourous (<- I learned to spell in the British education system) spin on the commentary part. George Noory can be a funny guy, whether you laugh with him, or at him, and really it's just this aspect that I try to Illuminate. :o

Thurs. May 1,
Tough time trying to pay attention as the last 2 episodes of "Flavor of Love 3" are on and, ... SO SHOOT ME IF IT'S SUCH A SIN!!!!
Dr. Jerome Corsi on in the beginning of the show with some updates, and specifically a troubling one which says the U.S. is sending more naval craft in the the area around Iran.  Corsi later tells how certain propehcies and upcoming predicted eclipses have some theologians marking the possible return of Jesus in 2015. *Guess who said this! -->* "You know what's funny? That's pretty close to the Mayan date of 2012, even though it's 3 years off." Boo-Yah! First Mayan calendar mention at 1:28 A.M. Wait, what? What's that? BOO-YAH!!! Cooler then the other side of the pillow, George drops the 2nd Mayan calendar reference on a caller 26 mins. later at 1:54 A.M.

Paranormal Investigator Joshua P. Warren is the main guest of the night, regaling listeners with stories of the Church of Satan and Haunted Plantations.  I was looking forward to this interview for a couple days, because I love hearing about satanic cults & the like. The interview was interesting; we found on that Sammy Davis Jr. is purported to have been a Warlock in the Church of Satan. However it was sort of a let down to find out that they really are just a group of self-absorbed elitist chickenshits , who think anything carnally pleasing is the road to enlightenment (sort of like the group in Rosemary's Baby, except w/out the supernatural aspect).  Just when I thought it was gonna be a tame/safe sort of night for the NightHawk, George's gem of the night comes in the 11th hour while he asks Warren to briefly describe the history of the haunted Myrtle Plantation, after Warren mentioned that he may have experienced "a presence" in his room one night.
Warren - "Well, the Myrtle Plantation was constructed in 1796 ...."
George - "There a lotta dead people in the area?"
No, none at all. It's a 212 year-old plantation, and everyone is still living.

George gets a couple moustache hairs for playing The Romantic's Talking In Your Sleep

On a side note, does anyone see any similarities between George and Edgar Allan Poe?

SnoorysStache

Hmmm. Let's see. Edgar Allan Poe was a tormented but talented writer and George is a moron. Nope no similarities there. Except for maybe the moustaches...but I don't think Mr. Poe used shellac on his.

BTW sNoory doesn't pick the bumper music.
Thanks for enduring sNoory's nightly fuck-ups. There's just no way I can stand to listen.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on May 02, 2008, 02:27:06 PM
Warren - "Well, the Myrtle Plantation was constructed in 1796 ...."
George - "There a lotta dead people in the area?"
No, none at all. It's a 212 year-old plantation, and everyone is still living.
lmfao

I got a late start due to an unexpected AdultSwim infusion, and missed most of the first hour. However, tonight was a very special C2C! Why you ask? You'll see....

Fri. May 2nd
Research Physicists Stan Deyo speaks about the rise in earthquakes and more specifically the spate of earthquake's in Nevada. He shared some disturbing seismological statistics, and has an informative grid you can look at to see the latest recorded activity in the area.

Ian Punnett talks to George briefly about the D.C. Madame, her demise, and some of his thoughts on the situation.

Second hour had George talking to David Sereda about 2012 and possible related prophecies. Now, I love the song For Your Eyes Only, so when it was the bumper music coming back from a break and Sereda said that he loved that song, I thought "Wow, I might be able to warm up to this guest." But then he mentioned how he loved the "multi-dimensional meaning" of the song; I reached for a seat-belt and a barf bag and got prepared for a flake-fest. Sereda tells us about seeing an angel and how when the Rapture happens, millions of us will be taken from the face of the earth and transported in UFOs to another dimension. He gives us a heads-up to look out for, and pay attention, to any "11:11" sightings we may have, whether on a clock, billboard, side of a bus, old biker chick's butt-tattoo, etc. - They Mean Something!  I really couldn't follow much of the rest of the discussion because it was getting way too out-there, even for me.  I remember hearing something about mustard seeds on a telescope hooked up to an EEG or ECG or EKG machine and some musical device or something. ;:) 

Later on, open lines produces some doozies.  George has a special line running for "The Strangest Person You Ever Encountered" callers. Vicky, an old NightHawk groupie, calls in and tells of a dream about Nikola Tesla where he tells her "People are waking up!", and then turns into a laughing boy and runs off. Some dude tells us how he was in the mountains after a "monsoon" and 4 ft. away, Bigfoot passed by and gave him a walking mind-wipe, so that he could only remember the body and not the face. Now I didn't hear this next part clearly but the gist of it is this; George's gem of the night comes when a dude calls in and talks about a being in the ocean or a lake or some body of water. I think he says he's in distress at this point, and he sees this humanoid (who later saves him) coming towards him. George shouts out "AQUAMAN!". Priceless.

George get's half a 'stache for playing Heart's Magic Man

Now, earlier I mentioned that this show was special. Why?  If you look at my previous entry, you'll see that I asked about a specific comparison between 2 persons. Imagine my shock and delight when George decides to end the show with what?..... With his recitation of Edgar Allan Poe's The Tell-Tale Heart:o :o :o

Spikegirl

To Phantastic, you're doing a great job documenting the shitfest that George has turned Coast into. Thank you for that. I can't even stand to listen to the sound of his voice anymore, unless a REALLY compelling guest is on.

Spikegirl

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on May 03, 2008, 03:13:13 PM

Now, earlier I mentioned that this show was special. Why?  If you look at my previous entry, you'll see that I asked about a specific comparison between 2 persons. Imagine my shock and delight when George decides to end the show with what?..... With his recitation of Edgar Allan Poe's The Tell-Tale Heart:o :o :o

George has done that before. He likes to cut out early on Friday nights. It's not enough that he phones it in every night, he also feels Fridays he should have the priveledge of leaving early...just because.

Dark Circles

George shouts out "AQUAMAN!". Priceless.

I lol'd hard at that one, and I'm not sure if I should be laughing at George or with him...

Lines like that make me wonder. How can GN say that without thinking the whole call was a joke. It came off as totally insulting to the caller. Either he said that due to stupidity, or he was pointing out that Aquaman may well have shown up due to the story's improbability. I think he might view the whole show in the same way. I wouldn't be surprised if he sent his resume to both C2C and some other Hollyweird infotainment talk show at the same time.

Here's a quote from the 29th of April (second half of the first hour),

"They [people paying/allowing Arabs to do 9/11] wanted things to go in the direction that they're going now.
But there's a bigger picture out there, uh, FAR MORE BIGGER than the fundamentalists who were involved in 9/11."

Man, George's gravitas got far more bigger after messing that one up.

Quote from: Spikegirl on May 03, 2008, 05:55:35 PM

George has done that before. He likes to cut out early on Friday nights. It's not enough that he phones it in every night, he also feels Fridays he should have the priveledge of leaving early...just because.
Thanks for the info.  Now it's much less impressive to me. damn.  But yeah, when he started to recite, I was like"Whaaa, this is cool(because of my prior post), but really, I can't believe you're ACTUALLY "phoning-in" the end of the show.

Quote from: Dark Circles on May 03, 2008, 08:14:57 PM
George shouts out "AQUAMAN!". Priceless.

I lol'd hard at that one, and I'm not sure if I should be laughing at George or with him...

Lines like that make me wonder. How can GN say that without thinking the whole call was a joke. It came off as totally insulting to the caller. Either he said that due to stupidity, or he was pointing out that Aquaman may well have shown up due to the story's improbability. I think he might view the whole show in the same way. I wouldn't be surprised if he sent his resume to both C2C and some other Hollyweird infotainment talk show at the same time.

Here's a quote from the 29th of April (second half of the first hour),

"They [people paying/allowing Arabs to do 9/11] wanted things to go in the direction that they're going now.
But there's a bigger picture out there, uh, FAR MORE BIGGER than the fundamentalists who were involved in 9/11."

Man, George's gravitas got far more bigger after messing that one up.

I agree, there's no way he can be taking some of these calls seriously. And as someone else may have said on this or another thread, he's got a "different" sense of humour, and it tends to creep in here & there.

Spikegirl

I'm not saying I could do better on the air. I'm also not saying I could perform surgury or build a house. THAT'S WHY I LEAVE STUFF LIKE THAT UP TO THE PROFRSSIONALS. All we are saying is that we want a PROFESSIONAL host to MC Coast to Coast. Doesn't have to be Art-I know those days are gone. Just someone with a brain in their head. Anyone.

It must be difficult for you Snoory apologists to see his ACTUAL WORDS posted here. Hard to spin that Snoory's intelligent or capable when you actually see his words in black and white.