George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Tara on July 05, 2012, 01:52:03 PM
"JUST getting into Bob Dylan" ???
Earth to Mr. Noory:   ...Where have you been for the past 50 years?
Consistent with the big picture though.  Georgie is just SLOOOW.   According to his own unwittingly-revealed story, he never read a book (and that's assuming he ever really has) until sometime around or past age 18.  He claimed that Chariots Of The Gods? (which I'm pretty sure he has referred to as "of the God [singular]" was "one of the first books I ever read ... I devoured it!" and it was released in English in 1968, when he 18.  By "devoured," he means that he took a copy out of the rotating metal-wire rack and gazed at the "16 pages of incredible photographs!" every time his mom took him to the local Kress low-end department store.

Tara

I'm sure Noory grew up in a very insular, immigrant Lebanese family, surrounded by other Arab Americans in Dearborn, Michigan.   He probably had very little contact with the wider American culture until he went to college. 

He mentions that his mother regularly listens to his show.  He still hasn't left the nest and makes C2C super "G" rated so his 80 year old mother isn't offended.  Grow up Georgie Boy!

Sleepwalker

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on July 04, 2012, 04:56:37 PM
In an earlier part, he goes on at length about being on during holidays and the usual BS about brightening us poor losers' lives.

And I really appreciate it too.  Nothing lifts my spirits more than listening to three hours of asteroids slamming into the earth, coronal mass ejections knocking the grid down for three years, economic collapse plunging us into a new dark ages, the United States government plotting to kill us.  Thanks, George, you really know how to bring comfort to all us who spend Christmas and other holidays alone.  These shows are so depressing they make me look forward to joining my deceased family members in the afterlife.  But you ruin that too because the Coast to Coast view of the afterlife is not Heaven but being stuck in some miserable limbo haunting cemeteries. All I can say is Thank God for Phil Hendrie!  The man  has more talent in his little finger than you have in your whole body and he makes me laugh.  Phil's guests are all crazy too, but he's playing all the parts himself.  The man is a comic genius.  I'll take a Phil Hendrie rerun to a live Coast to Crap AM anytime.

Ipokesmot

Wow.. I haven't logged onto this site in 4 years, this thread is a monster!

For the post above, yeah Phil has his moments but they are few and far between these days.

Sleepwalker

Quote from: Ipokesmot on July 05, 2012, 05:55:56 PM
For the post above, yeah Phil has his moments but they are few and far between these days.

Coast to Coast is consistent, I'll say that for it.  Consistently moronic.

aldousburbank

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on July 05, 2012, 04:59:07 AM
Here is a guest who is dismissing all his sacred cows at once, and he has nothing to say. No challenge, counter-argument, no nothing. How is that possible? At the bottom of the half hour, he rather cut across him and announced we'd be going to open lines for the last half hour. Was that planned, or George having a hissy fit?

Cowardice and hypocrisy, Noory. You are not fit for purpose. Get off the airwaves.

Noory is absolutely a petrified piece of chicken turd.  Ugly too.

Morgus

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 05, 2012, 12:46:24 PM
What is your favorite song today? Of all time?

George Noory: My musical tastes change on a very regular basis. I love oldies, pop…love current stuff, but they change on a very regular basis. A few weeks ago I was at home and watching a Netflix movie “Beyond the Sea” with Kevin Spacey doing the Bobby Darin story, a person who I really didn’t know or understand when younger, but I thought Spacey did a great job, and I got into Bobby Darin. So today, my hot song of the week is “Beyond the Sea” which was based on an original song by a Frenchman, Charles Trenet, called “La Mer.” In terms of all time, I don’t think I could say. Every song to me has a different mood â€" the Beach Boys, the Beatles, even now, I’m just getting into Bob Dylan. I love it all!

Seems like Noory has only heard of 60's rock groups and songs recently. He is trying to play catch up now...
However you can tell from some of the bumper music what his true music taste is when it crops up, like Frank Sinatra.

Grimace

Quote from: Morgus on July 05, 2012, 06:42:57 PM
Seems like Noory has only heard of 60's rock groups and songs recently. He is trying to play catch up now...
However you can tell from some of the bumper music what his true music taste is when it crops up, like Frank Sinatra.

This is all painting a more bizarre picture of his youth than I initially thought. So little Noory was completely sheltered and disconnected from the social changes, the drugs, the excellent music, etc. ...so what was he doing? He would've been what, about 18-20 in '68-'70 and somehow breezed through those years not even getting into the biggest names that revolutionized popular music? It just reinforces the notion that Noory doesn't have an interesting bone in his body. I imagine he was breastfed by mother until he moved out of the house.

L0lZ, comparing himself to Tom Selleck. Nauseating douchebag.

Sardondi

Quote from: Morgus on July 05, 2012, 06:42:57 PM

For all of George's supposed love of music, he seems to only be vaguely aware of what happened in rock and pop. He tends to speak only about the biggest pop artists, the ones that even your hopelessly stodgy parents/grandparents would have known back then, like Elvis and the Beatles. How is that even possible for someone his age? It borders on creepy (there's that word again being associated with George).

I suspect George's true musical tastes were more like Perry Como, Henry Mancini, Andy Williams and the Ray Conniff Singers. When everyone else was listening to Dylan, Beatles, Stones or Zeppelin, George was rocking out on Mitch Miller singalongs. It explains a lot.

http://youtu.be/9dY9gtYeHhk

*edit*
Quote from: Grimace on July 05, 2012, 07:50:36 PM
This is all painting a more bizarre picture of his youth than I initially thought. So little Noory was completely sheltered and disconnected from the social changes, the drugs, the excellent music, etc. ...so what was he doing? He would've been what, about 18-20 in '68-'70 and somehow breezed through those years not even getting into the biggest names that revolutionized popular music? It just reinforces the notion that Noory doesn't have an interesting bone in his body. I imagine he was breastfed by mother until he moved out of the house.

L0lZ, comparing himself to Tom Selleck. Nauseating douchebag.

As I was posting, you were making the precise point I was. How can a person have been 18 years old in 1968, which was probably the greatest year for rock/soul/pop since the era began, and his musical tastes today sound more like those of his mother? Again, very creepy.

ItsOver

Quote from: Ben Shockley on July 05, 2012, 02:39:59 PM
Consistent with the big picture though.  Georgie is just SLOOOW.   According to his own unwittingly-revealed story, he never read a book (and that's assuming he ever really has) until sometime around or past age 18.  He claimed that Chariots Of The Gods? (which I'm pretty sure he has referred to as "of the God [singular]" was "one of the first books I ever read ... I devoured it!" and it was released in English in 1968, when he 18.  By "devoured," he means that he took a copy out of the rotating metal-wire rack and gazed at the "16 pages of incredible photographs!" every time his mom took him to the local Kress low-end department store.

How did Saddam Snoory get through school without reading a book until around 18???  Even if he wasn't counting standard text books, he should have still been reading regular books for assignments.  He wasn't counting Cliff's Notes?  How did this clown ever get through college?  How did this clown ever become host of C2C?  To heck with The Peter Principle.... I present The Noory Principle.

Quote from: Tara on July 05, 2012, 01:52:03 PM
"JUST getting into Bob Dylan" ???

Earth to Mr. Noory:    Dylan was the bard of the 60's, that's you're generation, knucklehead.  Where have you been for the past 50 years?  With your head up God-knows-what?

As part of his image development, my guess is he asked his staff who would be a hip name to include in his answer and someone suggested Bob Dylan. 

Bobby Darrin - that sounds more like the Snorge

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 05, 2012, 08:28:10 PM

As part of his image development, my guess is he asked his staff who would be a hip name to include in his answer and someone suggested Bob Dylan. 

Bobby Darrin - that sounds more like the Snorge

You're probably close to the truth.  Snoory, being the anti-Art Bell, doesn't have a clue to what's hip.  He's just a sleazy chameleon.  UFO Phil is right in line with Snoory's true low-brow taste.

You know I may email Noory that there's a crazy musician named Scott Joplin he should discover..

This Noory music nonsense and singing garbage will be eclipsed with what Mooron Hussein offers up tonight: An awful show beginning with the Noory weight loss program... I bet a part of Noory's program is to get food stuck in his mustache..

I think this guy just reeks of spoiled anchovies ..

ItsOver

Quote from: HorrorReporter on July 05, 2012, 08:38:48 PM
You know I may email Noory that there's a crazy musician named Scott Joplin he should discover..

This Noory music nonsense and singing garbage will be eclipsed with what Mooron Hussein offers up tonight: An awful show beginning with the Noory weight loss program... I bet a part of Noory's program is to get food stuck in his mustache..

I think this guy just reeks of spoiled anchovies ..

"First Hour: Mind-body weight loss expert, Jon Gabriel, will kick off George Noory's Shape Up America campaign with concrete techniques to get our bodies to want to be thinner without having to use will power."

LOL....  should be right up Snoory's alley, "without having to use will power."  Wouldn't want to push yourself too much for anything, would you, Snoory.

Everyone asks if the show could get worse. Nightly a resounding 'yes' travels across the land.

Grimace

Quote from: Sardondi on July 05, 2012, 08:12:30 PM
As I was posting, you were making the precise point I was. How can a person have been 18 years old in 1968, which was probably the greatest year for rock/soul/pop since the era began, and his musical tastes today sound more like those of his mother? Again, very creepy.

Haha, that Mitch Miller sing along exudes Noorishness. Mother didn't like those rebel-rousing loud records those no good ingrates down the street were listening to, Simple George being the good boy he was always knew that mother knows best. Maybe thought provoking lyrics were too much for Noory as well - "why can't your music just be nice and simple like mother's?" he politely asked his fellow pupils at school, molester 'stache just beginning to poke through as he struggles through puberty.

When he goes into Noory-nostalgia mode on air, all he seems to mention is that he "played outside" and "there was a bully at school, I pushed him into a pool because he didn't like swimming." As Tara mentioned a few posts back:

Quote from: Tara on July 05, 2012, 03:14:14 PM
I'm sure Noory grew up in a very insular, immigrant Lebanese family, surrounded by other Arab Americans in Dearborn, Michigan.   He probably had very little contact with the wider American culture until he went to college. 

He mentions that his mother regularly listens to his show.  He still hasn't left the nest and makes C2C super "G" rated so his 80 year old mother isn't offended.  Grow up Georgie Boy!

I'm not personally familiar with the Dearborn area, but a friend of mine had moved there for a few years for a university program and certainly mentioned on several occasions how many of the other students and general mood of the place was certainly... "insular." Perhaps it is a mix of both unfortunate "nature and nurture" that made little George turn out so bland. Perhaps the bully he pushed in the pool would taunt him with some early Who records that he wasn't allowed to hear. Ugh, that music is so crass. George and mother preferred the happier sing alongs:

Sardondi

Quote from: Ben Shockley on July 05, 2012, 02:39:59 PM
Consistent with the big picture though.  Georgie is just SLOOOW.   According to his own unwittingly-revealed story, he never read a book (and that's assuming he ever really has) until sometime around or past age 18.  He claimed that Chariots Of The Gods? (which I'm pretty sure he has referred to as "of the God [singular]" was "one of the first books I ever read ... I devoured it!"...

Quote from: ItsOver on July 05, 2012, 08:22:04 PM
How did Saddam Snoory get through school without reading a book until around 18???  Even if he wasn't counting standard text books, he should have still been reading regular books for assignments.  He wasn't counting Cliff's Notes?  How did this clown ever get through college?  How did this clown ever become host of C2C?  To heck with The Peter Principle.... I present The Noory Principle.

Hmm, The Noory Principle. Again we're back with evidence of George's extreme lack of intellectual curiosity, which has apparently afflicted him his entire life. He doesn't even get that his admission about Chariots being one of the "first books (he) ever read" would be humiliating to most normal adults as confessing to either mental retardation or disgusting terminal slackerhood. Hang on, looks like another long one.

We've seen countless examples that it's not just his lack of inquisitiveness that has crippled George; it appears he's really just not very smart. I don't mean inarticulateness, because IMO we've confused verbal facility with intellect, and it's not true: geniuses can be virtually monosyllabic/illiterate; and look at all the near-morons who speak so adeptly on their networks' evening news broadcasts. But we've seen in addition George's extreme lack of even basic knowledge, his slowness at processing new information and his difficulty coming up with answers to problematic situations. I'm not saying he rode on the short bus...but then maybe I am.

In addition to mental and intellectual shortcomings, we've seen George's odd lack of familiarity/interest in truly popular music. This could be seen as being off kilter, out-of-step, perhaps having more to do with difficulty in social adjustment. Now there's not a thing in the world wrong with having musical tastes which are dated, "odd" or dont seem age-appropriate; because ultimately it's purely a matter of taste. But at the same time I sense George views himself as a way cool dude, who knows what's happenin' now and, and who the chickie babies love, you dig, daddio? Strikes me as someone who wants badly be a cool kid, but has no earthly idea how.

We've also seen George's apparent fascination with and his dwelling on death, maiming and torture, particularly of children. We've commented on his repeated gaffes in (we hope) unintentionally making boorish, insensitive, insulting and/or cruel remarks about personal tragedies. He doesn't seem to have a basic understanding of how the average person feels in a given situation, which is what seems to lead him into many of these errors. Again, a socialization problem, perhaps an emotional deficit.

I am unaware of details of George's childhood, although from remarks on the show I have the impression he was brought up in the 50's in a two-parent household, in a  culturally homogenous Lebanese Christian community in Dearborn, Michigan, which had and has a significant Arab population. Pure speculation, but it's easy to think his childhood, with an emphasis on his family's Lebanese heritage, might have been different in significant ways from "average" American kids. Who knows what the family dynamics were, although I believe I've read some folks here comment on his relationship with his father.

So adding possible cultural insularity to the mix we already had, I think it's possible George might have been learning disabled; or maybe what is known today as "emotionally conflicted"; maybe even considered one of the "slow kids" . Tremendous speculation, and yes, it's unfair. Who among us would want to be judged on such evidence? But who among us is an overnight radio talk show host with a fat contract, who is stubbornly and spectacularly incompetent, having not improved one iota since the first day he slid into the chair at C2C? All in all George is a very odd duck who doesn't seem to "get" people.   

Yes, it's unconscionable of us to act like armchair psychologists and make a diagnosis about George from afar in a field completely outside our areas of expertise (or so I assume - although there was a guy here 2-3 months ago who spoke with what seemed like real authority about Richard Hoagland's sociopathy, and IMO we could use him now). But we're starting to flesh out the Essential Simple George. And if we take all these bits of evidence - suspect intellect, problems with socialization, lack of understanding of American popular culture or even basic human emotions - then the true Noory Principle starts to come clear.

Just maybe.

*edit* Ooh, Tara says it much better:

Quote from: Tara on July 05, 2012, 03:14:14 PM

Quote from: Sardondi on July 05, 2012, 09:33:33 PM
... But we're starting to flesh out the Essential Simple George...

Don't discount the malevolent influence and all around enabling of his sidekick and man servant Tom Dumbheiser.  Tommy doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves in the continuing destruction of C2C..

When George says he is 'getting into Bob Dylan' could that mean a command performance of Knockin' On Heaven's Door is on the horizon?

coaster

"George Noory's Shape Up America campaign". now I've seen it all...

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 05, 2012, 10:03:15 PM

Don't discount the malevolent influence and all around enabling of his sidekick and man servant Tom Dumbheiser.  Tommy doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves in the continuing destruction of C2C..

When George says he is 'getting into Bob Dylan' could that mean a command performance of Knockin' On Heaven's Door is on the horizon?

Good point.  Snoory's boot-licking, sycophantic weasel.  He sound's as creepy as GN, when he cuts in with a comment on the C2C sideshow.  GN probably identifies with him.

The entire sideshow and it's cast of miscreants is EVERYTHING Art isn't.  :'(  I'm surprised he didn't ask for "Somewhere in Time" to be dropped much earlier.  Maybe it's not very feasible legally but Art must have finally had more than he can take with the current C2C abortion.

ItsOver

Quote from: coaster on July 05, 2012, 11:29:55 PM
"George Noory's Shape Up America campaign". now I've seen it all...

Thank Heaven I'm not listening to the latest crap. 

HAL 9000

Quote from: coaster on July 05, 2012, 11:29:55 PM"George Noory's Shape Up America campaign". now I've seen it all...

Quote from: ItsOver on July 05, 2012, 11:39:08 PMThank Heaven I'm not listening to the latest crap.

Wait!

I thought this was a joke. Is this real, or are you gonna make me download the show to hear it myself?

Quote from: ItsOver on July 05, 2012, 08:22:04 PM
How did this clown ever get through college?
He majored in broadcasting.

Quote from: ItsOver on July 05, 2012, 08:22:04 PMHow did this clown ever become host of C2C?
He is a secret practitioner of the Black Arts.

Grimace

Quote from: Sardondi on July 05, 2012, 09:33:33 PM
In addition to mental and intellectual shortcomings, we've seen George's odd lack of familiarity/interest in truly popular music. This could be seen as being off kilter, out-of-step, perhaps having more to do with difficulty in social adjustment. Now there's not a thing in the world wrong with having musical tastes which are dated, "odd" or dont seem age-appropriate; because ultimately it's purely a matter of taste. But at the same time I sense George views himself as a way cool dude, who knows what's happenin' now and, and who the chickie babies love, you dig, daddio? Strikes me as someone who wants badly be a cool kid, but has no earthly idea how.

Of course musical tastes are completely subjective and I was just taking pot shots at Noorbore because I loathe him, but how he could seriously have no love of what I'd consider to be some of the most influential and greatest music of the 20th century. The music he apparently favors, which does stand on some merits of it's own, is also pretty emotionally and intellectually unstimulating. I enjoy plenty of light and simple tunes myself, sometimes bordering on guilty pleasures, but they're only one facet of a much greater aural curiosity which spans many decades, moods, and genres. Noory seems to just not be a music lover, as he's not an art lover, book lover, film lover, etc. This begs the question, what in the hell are his hobbies? OH right, his job which he sucks immensely at.

Also of note is how he received a bachelors in Communications from University of Detroit Mercy, graduating in 1972 (at least according to his Wikipedia page) and even there got seemingly no exposure to some of the bands local to that region. I see UDM is a "private, Roman Catholic" school but I'm sure plenty of his fellow students were quite active in the counterculture. I bet Noory had no interest in this, instead dressing himself up in a tacky leisure suit with his "I'm gonna date rape you" mustache crooning tacky and dated wholesome tunes to girls who couldn't get away fast enough.

Michigan band that rocked at the time and I'm sure made plenty of appearances in George's area:

What Noory, probably hearing from ma and pop's television set, was aware of:

Morgus

Noory again played one of his favorite Frank Sinatra tunes tonight - thats obviously his true taste in music not any kind of rock.
Imagine if Noory had followed his father's wishes for him to become a dentist...

Maxwell

Noory:  Well, you know when they detonated the the first atomic bomb, Oppenheimer basically said, "This isn't the first time this happened."

Not.  Even.  Fucking.  Close.

Oversoul

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 05, 2012, 09:40:13 AM
In a "Noory can't pronounce anything", GN called it the Straits of Hor-"moes".

Is this an alternate pronunciation I have never heard before or just business as usual for GN?
I figured if GN was in the Navy he would know this one.

Noory was trying to be "cute"?   ::)

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on July 06, 2012, 12:11:41 AM

Looks more like Noory's the Anti-Christ.  :o

Grimace

Quote from: Oversoul on July 06, 2012, 03:13:17 AM
Noory was trying to be "cute"?   ::)

There are few things more diarrhea-inducing than that schmuck bestowing upon others his abysmal sense of "humor."

NoMoreNoory

Recent posts concerning what Snoorelleck was doing with his teenage and young adult years as to be unaware of Dylan re-surfaced a question that's nagged me for some time. Where is his biography? You Google him, and the only things that come up are his Wiki page and a few interviews. His Wiki biography offers two brief sentences to cover the first 46 years of his life. Similarly, all the interviews cover C2C and mentions of Nighthawk, but no other biographical details. I'm honestly not that interested, but it's weird. I don't know of any other 'celebrity', however minor, for whom Google doesn't offer copious biographical details.

Does this mean that he arrived, fully formed, in 1996? Deposited by an alien ship or inter-dimensional angelic beings? Or is he the Second Coming? Remember that we have details from the early years of Jesus' life and then silence until the last year of his life. But at least we managed to get rid of him at 33. Why is Noory outstaying his welcome?

Will we have a Discovery Channel doc: 'George Noory: The Wilderness Years' in which LMH, Hoaxland, Giorgio Tsoukalos and his other cronies will offer fascinating speculation on the origins of this strange being, in the style of Ancient Aliens?
"Is it possible that.....?"
"Could it be.....?"
"Some people say......"
"Yet others think that a possible explanation could be...."

Relatedly. Can anyone offer any solid evidence for the existence of this Nighthawk thing? Again, you Google it, and the only references to it are in Snoron's Wiki, and in interviews. It's a self-perpetuating loop. Nowhere can I find any actual details about the show itself. I'm sure it probably happened, but you begin to wonder whether it isn't another piece of this scheister's self-mythologising.

ItsOver

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on July 06, 2012, 12:11:41 AM
He majored in broadcasting.

I'd be surprised if he'd only majored in toe nail trimming from Jumbo Tech.  Practitioner of the Black Arts?  That would make sense.