• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 04, 2012, 03:39:44 PM
Tonight George will also have a special line for people whose pets were spooked  by fireworks, ran away, and never came back
Expect Jim Berkland to be on any day now, with a "slam-dunk" prediction of massive earthquakes all over the U.S.

Quote from: Morgus on July 04, 2012, 02:56:08 PM
[Noory] will play all of his tired old recorded bits  again like the last several years including Red Skelton   reading the pledge of allegiance - YAWN  :P
Georgie wants the show to be current and relatable to his personal target demographic.

Quote from: stevesh on July 04, 2012, 04:47:38 AM
I heard Noory say a week or so ago that he would be broadcasting from Hawaii sometime in August, and that Wells would be doing so in July. I doubt if the venue will make either worth listening to.

It's worth it, only because the two of them will now be farther from us on the mainland. There's that.

The C2C website has a link to an interview with Noory: http://www.dailysingle.com/George-Noory-radio-broadcaster-and-host-of-Coast-To-Coast-AM-interview/

Couple of interesting facts: he had to sign up and pay for his DS page, and his story about how he got the job at C2C sounds like history revision to me:

QuoteDS: How did you end-up being a Radio Broadcaster and Host of "Coast to Coast AM"?
George Noory: Funnily, At KMOX - St. Louis, my boss often said “, Get off the UFO stuff - there’s no future in it!” Later, at KTRS - St. Louis during my midnight show, I used to get irate calls since my show had replaced Art Bell’s “Coast to Coast” there. Eventually, my ratings soared, and the network asked me to fill in for Art when he was away or sick, which I would do after finishing my show. By 2003 (Art’s retirement), I became full time host...

I know Noory has an ego the size of Texas, but the lack of humility or even acknowledgement that Art started the show and developed the audience he was handed on a silver platter is mind boggling.

In an earlier part, he goes on at length about being on during holidays and the usual BS about brightening us poor losers' lives. You know, someone should tell him praise only works when it doesn't come from patting himself on the back. Ian did a Christmas Eve or Christmas show, I forgot which,  with no pats on his back about being there, and only a small mention of how he'd have to preach early in the morning. But every time Georgie does a show on a holiday, the whole world has to know how wonderful he is, even though Art and Ian handled holiday shows without making  1/100th the fuss.

Juan

Sniff, sniff. And I thought sNoory cared about me personally.

Sleepwalker

Kaku was also on ABC World News tonight.  Now that he's making appearances on legitimate news programs, perhaps he'll stop doing damage to his good name by appearing on the sleazy carnival sideshow that is Coast to Coast AM.

Grimace

Quote from: Sleepwalker on July 04, 2012, 07:22:23 PM
Kaku was also on ABC World News tonight.  Now that he's making appearances on legitimate news programs, perhaps he'll stop doing damage to his good name by appearing on the sleazy carnival sideshow that is Coast to Coast AM.

I've seen Kaku make several appearances on mainstream (legitimacy is another factor altogether) news, although with all his programs on Discovery Science, I'd hazard the guess that he's probably better known than C2C itself, at least I'd hope so at this point.

I feel so embarrassed for Kaku here, even with all my disdain for the current state of C2C... can it really be worse than that? Seriously, this clown plugs Ronald Reagan into a discussion about the LHC.

Grimace

QuoteLater, at KTRS - St. Louis during my midnight show, I used to get irate calls since my show had replaced Art Bell’s “Coast to Coast” there.

Maybe if "aw shucks, good ol' me" Noory could take a damn clue, he'd realize that this is exactly what has happened on the national stage - of course since he is both lazy and cowardly, he remains behind his protective moat of call screeners/etc. In my opinion, he actually has a pretty good idea that he's dumb'd down and ruined things, but could not care less. The paycheck is fat and the hollow praises from hucksters and delusional ones he surrounds himself with is quite good enough.

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on July 04, 2012, 04:56:37 PM
... The C2C website has a link to an interview with Noory: http://www.dailysingle.com/George-Noory-radio-broadcaster-and-host-of-Coast-To-Coast-AM-interview/ ...

I know Noory has an ego the size of Texas...

Here are a couple more gems from that interview.   Hookers and Karaoke places?

DS: Who do people tell you you look like?

George Noory: Saddam Hussein! I’ve had this mustache since my early twenties, and it’s become something of a trademark for me. I’ve asked many women that I have dated in my life (maybe a little more than Henry Kissinger by the way), and they say it looks great on me…sort of like a Tom Selleck look going on. I am hoping someone in Hollywood does the Saddam Hussein story so maybe I can audition for it.

DS: Let's talk more about you and your tastes. Any hobbies? What do you like to do in your free time? Any thing you like and recommend

George Noory: My hobby is my career. I don’t consider this “work” per se. When I do get my own down time sometimes on the weekends, I like to frequent places where I can sing a few songs and just enjoy myself.

11angeleyes11

George Noory: My hobby is my career. I don’t consider this “work” per se. When I do get my own down time sometimes on the weekends, I like to frequent places where I can sing a few songs and just enjoy myself.

Forgotten words are forgotten passages.  "When I do get my own down time sometimes on the weekends, I like to frequent places. . . . such as 1111 Sesame Street, hang out with Elmo and Big Bird. . .. where I can sing a few songs and just enjoy myself. . ..I consider it an educational experience, so important. . .

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 04, 2012, 10:00:00 PM

George Noory: My hobby is my career. I don’t consider this “work” per se.

Neither do we.  In order to work, one needs to take pride in said work; one needs to prepare for that work.  I think he's finally told the truth about something -- his career is nothing but a hobby to him.  What a jack wagon.  ::)

Gina

Sardondi

George Noory: ...I’ve asked many women that I have dated in my life (maybe a little more than Henry Kissinger by the way)......

Now that's just creepy. What kind of jackass says an idiotic thing like that? I guess it could be immensely conceited jerks. More likely it's men who are very troubled and conflicted about their possible homosexuality. They fear others might see this homoeroticism in them, and so they pretend to hyper-heterosexuality because they think it will make them look so "extra heterosexual" that no one would ever consider that they might be gay.

Which is ironic, because almost always such gambits do nothing but cause people to wonder if the speaker actually is gay. And the men who make these unfortunate statements about their own sexiness and massive sex drive are completely ignorant that they themselves have caused people to question their sexual orientation.* In other words, it's like an officer calls in artillery on his own position, and then complains that the "enemy shelling" wounded several of his men.

Oh that is deliciously ironic - where is that schadenfreude page again?

* Standard Seinfeldian Disclaimer - "Not that there's anything wrong with that."

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Sardondi on July 05, 2012, 12:12:12 AM
Now that's just creepy. What kind of jackass says an idiotic thing like that? More likely it's men who are very troubled and conflicted about their possible homosexuality.

I had that exact thought when I read it.  It's just such an odd thing to say.

Gina

Morgus

Noory uses holidays on the air to allow him to goof off by playing lots of his tired old clips he has played every year for each holiday.
For July 4th he always plays the old Red Skelton reading the  pledge of alligiance bit, and the full length rendition of Kate Smith's America the Beautiful.
Noory is still stuck in the 1950s it seems...

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Morgus on July 05, 2012, 12:20:57 AM
Noory uses holidays on the air to allow him to goof off by playing lots of his tired old clips he has played every year for each holiday.
For July 4th he always plays the old Red Skelton reading the  pledge of alligiance bit, and the full length rendition of Kate Smith's America the Beautiful.
Noory is still stuck in the 1950s it seems...
On his "hip" days.
Note that, while Art interviewed Nancy Sinatra (and Lee Hazlewood) --because he knew and loved their music -- Georgie is stuck with Frank's most-stale standards, and obviously can never (be expected to) interview him; lucky Georgie.

Now about whatever he said about comparing himself to Henry Kissinger in regard to "womanizing:"  let's take a step or two back.
Did any of you really believe  that Kissinger was "a stud" just on the basis of his "power is the ultimate aphrodisiac" quote..?   Uh, remember 9th grade and boys who lied about it??   Or, since when do aphorisms create reality??   Look at that Kissingerian mug and that seasickness-inducing hair and tell me you really believe it ~~
The very fact that Noory compared himself to somebody so dubious in the sexual category is probably telling, and probably toward a lot of varied conclusions.

NoMoreNoory

Matters arising from last night's show......

Leaving aside Noory's on-air admission that, when told they were planning a show about Claude Lévi-Strauss, he asked why they were doing a piece about 'the jean guy', let's move to swiftly to Joe Nickell.
I caught the first half of the final hour, which began with Joe being attacked by a Christian caller. My ears pricked up. Confrontation on C2C? Surely not? Here's Joe, stating that he's an atheist, doesn't believe in an after-life and is extremely sceptical about Bigfoot, Lake Monsters, ghosts et al, and holds no truck for UFOs or the notion that the government knows all and is refusing to tell.
All fine and good. Agree or disagree. But what was absolutely astounding was the deafening silence from Noory. Here is a guest who is dismissing all his sacred cows at once, and he has nothing to say. No challenge, counter-argument, no nothing. How is that possible? At the bottom of the half hour, he rather cut across him and announced we'd be going to open lines for the last half hour. Was that planned, or George having a hissy fit?
Back after the break, the first call was from someone who sat in his parents' car as a kid as they drove parallel with the runway at Newark airport, watching a plane come into land. As it made its final approach, he hold us, he gave the 'devil's horns' sign and muttered 'Crash! Crash!' under his breath (already Noory is muttering 'Oh, my!' in the background). Kid becomes alarmed seeing the the plane's wings tilt from side to side (obviously the pilot making last-minute adjustments), withdraws the sign, stops muttering and - behold! - the plane landed safely.
Noory rubber-stamped the whole silly thing and then, in response to the next caller, started to take pot-shots at Joe Nickell. Neither the brain nor the balls to confront his guest face-to-face, he waits until he's gone, or been got rid of, and then starts to attack him.
Cowardice and hypocrisy, Noory. You are not fit for purpose. Get off the airwaves.

Juan

My favorite part of the show was when sNoory revealed that Yasser Arafat died from something to do with a "radioactive isotobe."  And I thought Arafat died of AIDS.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: UFO Fill on July 05, 2012, 05:05:37 AM
My favorite part of the show was when sNoory revealed that Yasser Arafat died from something to do with a "radioactive isotobe."  And I thought Arafat died of AIDS.

Ha! Reminded me I had meant to post this exchange from Hoaxland's recent appearance.

H: 'Tesla created torsion fields in some of his early experiments. You know he actually built electro-magnetically pulsed torsion generators that cured cancer?'

There was an eerily long pause before Noory came in. He had a bizarre tone of voice I haven't heard before. Slightly high-pitched, slightly strangled, full of upward inflections and sounding a little guilty, like he and Tommy had been caught getting it on under the mixer desk. What he said was 'Yes, I doo-ooo.'

Happy to report that I yelled 'Lying cnut' at my iPhone

Jasmine

Quote from: Sardondi on July 04, 2012, 11:59:48 AM
It's the same logic that might send Laverne and Shirley to Hawaii, or Lucy and Ricky and Fred and Ethel to Hollywood: when the show is getting old and a little tired, spice things up with A Fabulous Trip. It usually means the writers are completely out of ideas and cancellation is not far off. If only.

This works because it sets George up to sing "Tiny Bubbles". Then he would already be on location to remake Blue Hawaii. Wow, George doing "The Clam"

Now you have me humming the "Hawaii Five-O" theme in my head.

Wowza. I had no idea Laverne and Shirley made it out of Milwaukee and Shotz Brewery and high-tailed it to Maui...where the hell was I? I see where you're coming from...like when Sherwood Schwartz (producer of "The Brady Bunch") added that annoying little "Cousin Oliver" to the cast in the last season. By the way, was Alice the housekeeper a closet bull dyke? Was Sam the Butcher her beard? That Ann B. Davis always creeped me out as a kid. And the Brady's went to Hawaii in a three part episode, too! Remember the "Taboo Tiki idol" and Vincent Price?

Quote from: Morgus on July 05, 2012, 12:20:57 AM
Noory uses holidays on the air to allow him to goof off by playing lots of his tired old clips he has played every year for each holiday. For July 4th he always plays the old Red Skelton reading the  pledge of alligiance bit, and the full length rendition of Kate Smith's America the Beautiful. Noory is still stuck in the 1950s it seems...

Too bad Snoory didn't shove some Acme firecrackers up his ass and have Tommy light them on-air...that would have been a ratings grabber that no doubt would have exceeded the Ouija Board incident (scam) and would have propelled George into the fifth dimension...cuz the moon was in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligned with Hoagland's face on Mars.

Kate Smith's Cracker Barrel all-you-can-eat singing voice reminded me of the late and great Ethel Merman. I was waiting for "There's No Business like Show Business" to next assault my eardrums.

Jasmine

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on July 05, 2012, 04:59:07 AM
Matters arising from last night's show......

Leaving aside Noory's on-air admission that, when told they were planning a show about Claude Lévi-Strauss, he asked why they were doing a piece about 'the jean guy', let's move to swiftly to Joe Nickell.

LOL! I freely admit I had a "blonde moment" when I first heard the name, and wondered aloud to my better half why the hell the interest in the blue jeans founder? *lowering my head in shame*

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on July 05, 2012, 04:59:07 AM
Back after the break, the first call was from someone who sat in his parents' car as a kid as they drove parallel with the runway at Newark airport, watching a plane come into land. As it made its final approach, he hold us, he gave the 'devil's horns' sign and muttered 'Crash! Crash!' under his breath (already Noory is muttering 'Oh, my!' in the background). Kid becomes alarmed seeing the the plane's wings tilt from side to side (obviously the pilot making last-minute adjustments), withdraws the sign, stops muttering and - behold! - the plane landed safely.

When I heard that, what came to mind was Linda Blair in "The Exorcist" proclaiming (courtesy of Satan's voice) to the Priest,
"The sow is mine!"

In a "Noory can't pronounce anything", GN called it the Straits of Hor-"moes".

Is this an alternate pronunciation I have never heard before or just business as usual for GN?
I figured if GN was in the Navy he would know this one.

ItsOver

Quote from: Sleepwalker on July 04, 2012, 07:22:23 PM

Especially for a sideshow which refers to the Hoagster as it's "science" advisor.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on July 04, 2012, 10:15:24 PM
George Noory: My hobby is my career. I don’t consider this “work” per se.

that's the difference.  art said the show consumed him.  he said it was as if nearly every waking moment was show prep.  he lived and breathed it.  for noory, it's just a hobby.

ItsOver

Here are a couple more gems from that interview.   Hookers and Karaoke places?

DS: Who do people tell you you look like?

George Noory: Saddam Hussein! I’ve had this mustache since my early twenties, and it’s become something of a trademark for me. I’ve asked many women that I have dated in my life (maybe a little more than Henry Kissinger by the way), and they say it looks great on me…sort of like a Tom Selleck look going on. I am hoping someone in Hollywood does the Saddam Hussein story so maybe I can audition for it.

DS: Let's talk more about you and your tastes. Any hobbies? What do you like to do in your free time? Any thing you like and recommend

Geesh..... C2C really is "another world" with Snoory stumbling around.  This is for real???  :o   Let's see..... Saddam Hussein or Tom Selleck.......yeah, Snoory, keep going for the Saddam look, you trendsetter you.  Can you start broadcasting from a spidie hole in Iraq?

Thanks for pointing out the painfully obvious that you don't consider C2C work.   You'd have to be conscious to be doing any work.  "I like to frequent places where I can sing a few songs and just enjoy myself."  Thanks for THAT mental image.  ::)

Sardondi

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 05, 2012, 09:40:13 AM
In a "Noory can't pronounce anything", GN called it the Straits of Hor-"moes"....

No, it's "straight hormones", and it's a course of endocrine treatment which the Saudis give their young men suspected of being gay. Not to be confused with the "Strait of Homoes", a narrow, very tight passage where many of those same young men who later got the hormone treatments were first shipwrecked on islands populated only by young androgynous males.

Quote from: Jasmine on July 05, 2012, 08:39:56 AM
Now you have me humming the "Hawaii Five-O" theme in my head.

Wowza. I had no idea Laverne and Shirley made it out of Milwaukee and Shotz Brewery and high-tailed it to Maui...where the hell was I?...

*ahem* well, I don't think they actually did. That was more an "as if" because at the time I couldn't remember any specific series where it happened although I knew it had been done several times. I wasn't a fan, but to my knowledge L&S never left the hallowed grounds of Hasenpfeffer Incorporated to my knowledge.

Quote from: Jasmine on July 05, 2012, 08:39:56 AM...Kate Smith's Cracker Barrel all-you-can-eat singing voice reminded me of the late and great Ethel Merman. I was waiting for "There's No Business like Show Business" to next assault my eardrums....

"Noory Does Merman" - *shudder*

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 05, 2012, 09:40:13 AM
In a "Noory can't pronounce anything", GN called it the Straits of Hor-"moes".

Is this an alternate pronunciation I have never heard before or just business as usual for GN?
I figured if GN was in the Navy he would know this one.

The Nooron didn't seem to learn much from his lackluster stint in the military.  I still question whether he really was in the military or if he just embellished a weekend he put in as a U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary permit checker on Lake Michigan.  Not to diss the Coast Guard; both my daughter and her husband are active duty Coasties. 

A few years back, a caller asked Nooron why the military uses a reversed flag patch on their uniforms when they go into battle.  I figured he'd answer this correctly, having been in the military, an officer no less.   He told the caller he wasn't sure, but he thought it was so the flag looked right when the service member looked in the mirror.   Sweet baby Jesus in a car seat.   Anyone who served in the military would know this.  Both my husband, who has been active duty Army for the past 17 years, and I just looked at the radio and screamed in shock at his utter ignorance.

Gina

ItsOver

Quote from: HorrorRetro on July 05, 2012, 10:48:55 AM...........   He told the caller he wasn't sure, but he thought it was so the flag looked right when the service member looked in the mirror.  .........

Well, being a Sadam look-alike, Snoory is no doubt always checking himself out in the mirror, so I'm sure that's what would pop-up in his limited processor.  ::)  Snoory should start doing his version of Roxette's "(S)he's got the look" when he's "enjoying himself."

Morgus

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on July 05, 2012, 04:59:07 AMannounced we'd be going to open lines for the last half hour. Was that planned, or George having a hissy fit?
Noory obviously realized he needed time for more of his annual July 4th taped bits like Red Skelton reading the pledge of allegiance and Kate Smith singing God Bless America and Neil Diamond singing America.
He played a lot of that in the last half hour, since he ran out of time in the first hour with some odd guest.
Gives him more time to goof off...  :P

Morgus

Quote from: HorrorRetro on July 05, 2012, 10:48:55 AM
The Nooron didn't seem to learn much from his lackluster stint in the military.  I still question whether he really was in the military or if he just embellished a weekend he put in as a U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary permit checker on Lake Michigan.

Noory told more about his Navy service (Naval Reserve, all his time behind a guest) a few nights ago to a caller.
Noory mentioned his unit was called up for the Gulf War but he got out a few weeks before that - was that only a coincidence?  8)

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on July 04, 2012, 04:56:37 PM

... The C2C website has a link to an interview with Noory: http://www.dailysingle.com/George-Noory-radio-broadcaster-and-host-of-Coast-To-Coast-AM-interview/ ...

That interview was amazing.  I think George spends quite a bit of time thinking about how to create his public image, someone he wishes he is but either isn't willing to put in the effort, doesn't have the looks, smarts, or talents to ever actualy be.

(Note:  he also seems to spend a lot of time thinking up excuses for his suckage, for example the same old cue card questions are 'for the new listeners', or him not ever disagreeing with the quests is because 'his show isn't about yellin and screamin'.)

In the past few years I've seen several pictures of George in his studio - somehow he manages to always be standing in front of the same John Lennon poster.  Just part of his ongoing image wannabe project.  Anyway, here is another Q and A from that interview.  The way these are answered, I think they emailed the questions to George, and he sent the answers back later, they don't seem at all spontaneous:

DS: What is your favorite song today? Of all time?

George Noory: My musical tastes change on a very regular basis. I love oldies, pop…love current stuff, but they change on a very regular basis. A few weeks ago I was at home and watching a Netflix movie “Beyond the Sea” with Kevin Spacey doing the Bobby Darin story, a person who I really didn’t know or understand when younger, but I thought Spacey did a great job, and I got into Bobby Darin. So today, my hot song of the week is “Beyond the Sea” which was based on an original song by a Frenchman, Charles Trenet, called “La Mer.” In terms of all time, I don’t think I could say. Every song to me has a different mood â€" the Beach Boys, the Beatles, even now, I’m just getting into Bob Dylan. I love it all!

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on July 05, 2012, 12:28:10 PM
Noory obviously realized he needed time for more of his annual July 4th taped bits like Red Skelton reading the pledge of allegiance and Kate Smith singing God Bless America and Neil Diamond singing America.
He played a lot of that in the last half hour, since he ran out of time in the first hour with some odd guest.
Gives him more time to goof off...  :P

Dare I ask?  Did he manage to work in everybody's favorite, UFO Phil? 

Tara

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 05, 2012, 12:46:24 PM

I’m just getting into Bob Dylan. I love it all! [/i]

"JUST getting into Bob Dylan" ???

Earth to Mr. Noory:    Dylan was the bard of the 60's, that's you're generation, knucklehead.  Where have you been for the past 50 years?  With your head up God-knows-what?