• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Is George still yapping about 'thuh Hawaii studio'?  Is the first broadcast just around the corner?

ItsOver

The few times I've endured Snoory in the past month or so, I haven't heard any mention of his Hawaiian digs.  I may have just missed it.  In the past, Snoory, of course, couldn't resist mentioning his big Aloha plans anytime the most obscure Hawaiian connection arose.  I wonder if his Hawaiian resort has been put on the back burner?

I was really looking forward to Snoory popping-up on "Hawaii Five-0" as some third-rate banana fall guy or doing a rendition of Brother Iz in some dive beach bar. ::)

ItsOver

Quote from: ziznak on July 03, 2012, 03:59:13 PM
He should play that shit at the beginning so he can skip out on the WHOLE FRIGGIN SHOW.,.. that way we can hear the guests talk shit without his added unnecessary commentary.  UFO phil needs a bullet to the head in my opinion I really can't stand the nasal vocals... it's like nails on a chalkboard.

Great point.  UFO Phil should definitely be used at the start for Snoory and "The Chase" retired in respect for Art.  Heck, I would definitely endure UFO Phil at the start if I knew Snoory had gone AWOL for the entire night.  I could always just turn off the radio at the start and beat my self senseless with a ball-peen hammer for a few minutes as a preferable alternative to actually listening to UFO Phil.  Five minutes of UFO Phil or Four hours of Snoory?  You make the call.  ;)

ItsOver

Bruce Willis needs to update this scene to say "play UFO Phil."

Play some rap

Quote from: ItsOver on July 03, 2012, 05:57:26 PM
The few times I've endured Snoory in the past month or so, I haven't heard any mention of his Hawaiian digs.  I may have just missed it.  In the past, Snoory, of course, couldn't resist mentioning his big Aloha plans anytime the most obscure Hawaiian connection arose.  I wonder if his Hawaiian resort has been put on the back burner?

I was really looking forward to Snoory popping-up on "Hawaii Five-0" as some third-rate banana fall guy or doing a rendition of Brother Iz in some dive beach bar. ::)

We're what, 3 years in on the Hawaii studio story?  Maybe it's just part of his schtick, like being kidnapped in Mexico, curing those 2 people of cancer, causing his friend to trip and become paralized, and all the other bs stories he's told.

ItsOver

Didn't he have an imaginary dog at one point, when he was pushing dog food (before efoods direct) or some kind of canine product?

Let's see:
1)  Pathological liar?
2)  Narcissist?
3)  Delusional?

Other potential psychological disorders?  Yep, the perfect host for C2C.... or leader of the Fourth Reich.  ::)

Oversoul

Quote from: Sardondi on July 03, 2012, 02:03:34 PM
I was never a particular fan of Crystal Gayle or this song, but Art's choice of it to end his show was sheer genius IMO. It set the perfect mood for ending his show, and always made me feel that I was alone but safe in the cool, high desert, where it was still hours before dawn, and owls and night hunters flew along with the desert spirits. Hard to explain, but that song was like a magical blanket over me. A perfect way to set a mood and end the show.

Obviously Art had CLASS.   But Noory's declasse many times over.

stevesh

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 03, 2012, 04:15:36 PM
Is George still yapping about 'thuh Hawaii studio'?  Is the first broadcast just around the corner?

I heard Noory say a week or so ago that he would be broadcasting from Hawaii sometime in August, and that Wells would be doing so in July. I doubt if the venue will make either worth listening to.

Jasmine

Quote from: stevesh on July 04, 2012, 04:47:38 AM
I heard Noory say a week or so ago that he would be broadcasting from Hawaii sometime in August, and that Wells would be doing so in July. I doubt if the venue will make either worth listening to.

I quite frankly don't understand this whole C2C Hawaii studio thang from a business perspective. What possibly justifies the cost of Premiere establishing the studio there, plus the costs for flying Snoory (cargo class) and Wells and who the hell else over there, plus hotel expenses, etc.? It simply makes no sense to me. Then again, when has common sense prevailed at Premiere since Art left?

I said it before and I'll say it again, C2C has devolved into a "radio program"...and I use that term rather loosely, that would make the late and great Ed Wood proud. C2C, to me, is the "Plan 9 From Outer Space" of radio.

Tonight, on Coast to Coast...

plan 9 from outer space (trailer)

Jasmine

I want to hear a guest who throws out quotes from "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory" at Georgie Porgy.

Example:

Guest: "Well, George, as you and I both know, invention is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple."

Snoory: "That's unbelievable."

Or

Guest: George, this machine will tell us the precise location of the three remaining tickets. It says, "I won't tell, that would be cheating."

Snoory: "And cheaters never prosper."

Guest: Correct! I am now telling the computer that if it will tell me the correct answer, I will gladly share with it the grand prize. He says, "What would a computer do with a lifetime supply of chocolate?" I am now telling the computer exactly what he can do with a lifetime supply of chocolate!”

Snoory: "Well, that's true. This machine of yours...tell me...do you think it can pick up energy or beings from other dimensions? Is it possible?

Guest: "George, you should never doubt what no one is sure about."

Snoory; "So true...so true. Let's take some calls."

ItsOver

Quote from: stevesh on July 04, 2012, 04:47:38 AM

Coming soon, both The Mother Ship and The St. Louis Hole in The Ground from Hawaii???  LOL.... C2C is ON THE RADIO!!!  It's not as if we're going to be able to catch scenic views of Diamond Head ON THE RADIO!!  When Art was broadcasting from "The High Desert," it did add mystery and set the mood for the show.  Just what is Hawaii suppose to do?  Make us think of eating roast pig and poi, with leis around our necks, and ukeles gone wild???  The only thought I'm going to get with this is The Mother Ship toking on Maui Wowie and Snoory prowling dive bars in his knock-off Tommy Bahama.

Wouldn't all of this added expense by Premrat been better spent on a one DECENT host?  Premrat must think the current wackos are just another property and it's all about location, location, location.

Grimace

Quote from: michio on July 02, 2012, 11:55:07 PMNoory can keep his Sinatra and Kenny G. for bumper music.

Kenny G is the perfect bumper music for Noory. Boring, uninspiring, watered down, and a bullshit mockery of the genre it supposedly represents. Ugh, that video of him singing is nauseating - I bet it's just a matter of time before he treats himself to belt out a few songs live on air, perhaps a duet with David Wilcock next time he's on. He just gets worse and worse.

Juan

Quote from: Jasmine on July 04, 2012, 07:37:25 AM
I quite frankly don't understand this whole C2C Hawaii studio thang from a business perspective. What possibly justifies the cost of Premiere establishing the studio there,

Hawaii studio=Cheap Channel office in Hawaii="business expense" trips to Hawaii for Cheap Channel executives

Simple

Grimace

I'm crossing my fingers his would-be kidnappers are either close to him in LA or silently waiting in Hawaii to strike.

ItsOver

Quote from: UFO Fill on July 04, 2012, 09:26:37 AM
Hawaii studio=Cheap Channel office in Hawaii="business expense" trips to Hawaii for Cheap Channel executives

Simple

Trying to set the bar higher for the GSA. Nice.

McPhallus

Quote from: ziznak on July 03, 2012, 03:59:13 PM
He should play that shit at the beginning so he can skip out on the WHOLE FRIGGIN SHOW.,.. that way we can hear the guests talk shit without his added unnecessary commentary.  UFO phil needs a bullet to the head in my opinion I really can't stand the nasal vocals... it's like nails on a chalkboard.

This.

Tonight George will spend the first hour talking about how the listeners are his family, that many are shut ins and need him to be there, about his pledge is to work every holiday that would otherwise be a normal working day. 

So get ready for that.

Quote from: Grimace on July 04, 2012, 09:16:41 AM
... Ugh, that video of him singing is nauseating - I bet it's just a matter of time before he treats himself to belt out a few songs live on air, perhaps a duet with David Wilcock next time he's on. He just gets worse and worse.

You are correct of course.  In fact George already has sung on the air, that same Elvis tune, I'm going to say it was sometime in February?  Right after the show when he did a bunch of sound effects.

George has actually shown great restraint, singing on air just the one time.  MAybe he's still learning the lyrics to another one.

Sardondi

Quote from: Jasmine on July 04, 2012, 07:37:25 AM
I quite frankly don't understand this whole C2C Hawaii studio thang from a business perspective. What possibly justifies the cost of Premiere establishing the studio there, plus the costs for flying Snoory (cargo class) and Wells and who the hell else over there, plus hotel expenses, etc.? It simply makes no sense to me. Then again, when has common sense prevailed at Premiere since Art left?...

It's the same logic that might send Laverne and Shirley to Hawaii, or Lucy and Ricky and Fred and Ethel to Hollywood: when the show is getting old and a little tired, spice things up with A Fabulous Trip. It usually means the writers are completely out of ideas and cancellation is not far off. If only.

This works because it sets George up to sing "Tiny Bubbles". Then he would already be on location to remake Blue Hawaii. Wow, George doing "The Clam"

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 04, 2012, 11:36:25 AM

You are correct of course.  In fact George already has sung on the air, that same Elvis tune, I'm going to say it was sometime in February?  Right after the show when he did a bunch of sound effects.

George has actually shown great restraint, singing on air just the one time.  MAybe he's still learning the lyrics to another one.

I'd like to request a Snoory/Hoagie duet of "Endless Love" for Valentine's Day.  That should give them plenty of practice time, even though show prep seems to be a foreign concept for Snoory.

EvB

Quote from: ItsOver on July 04, 2012, 12:10:22 PM
I'd like to request a Snoory/Hoagie duet of "Endless Love" for Valentine's Day.  That should give them plenty of practice time, even though show prep seems to be a foreign concept for Snoory.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Morgus

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 04, 2012, 11:29:23 AM
Tonight George will spend the first hour talking about how the listeners are his family, that many are shut ins and need him to be there, about his pledge is to work every holiday that would otherwise be a normal working day. 

So get ready for that.

Last night Noory also mentioned that for July 4th he will play all of his tired old recorded bits again like the last several years including Red Skelton reading the pledge of allegiance - YAWN  :P

Morgus

Noory is behind the news on the 'god particle' announcement by CERN this week.
I saw Dr. Michio Kaku on CNN today discussing it, how come Noory didn't  have him on c2c already about this.
Noory was scooped by CNN by one of his own regular guests... :D

kf5iwe

Quote from: Sardondi on July 04, 2012, 11:59:48 AM
It's the same logic that might send Laverne and Shirley to Hawaii, or Lucy and Ricky and Fred and Ethel to Hollywood: when the show is getting old and a little tired, spice things up with A Fabulous Trip. It usually means the writers are completely out of ideas and cancellation is not far off. If only.

This works because it sets George up to sing "Tiny Bubbles". Then he would already be on location to remake Blue Hawaii. Wow, George doing "The Clam"
Don Ho is dead, And I don't feel so good myself!! George , I believe Admiral Adama said it best when he said " Eat shit and die"

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Morgus on July 04, 2012, 02:57:31 PM
I saw Dr. Michio Kaku on CNN today discussing it, how come Noory didn't  have him on c2c already about this.

probably because kaku knows he'll be heard by more people on cnn, which is humorous to consider.

DAE

Quote from: Jasmine on July 04, 2012, 07:58:18 AM
Guest: "Well, George, as you and I both know, invention is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple."

Snoory: "That's unbelievable."

Guest: George, this machine will tell us the precise location of the three remaining tickets. It says, "I won't tell, that would be cheating."

Snoory: "And cheaters never prosper."

Guest: Correct! I am now telling the computer that if it will tell me the correct answer, I will gladly share with it the grand prize. He says, "What would a computer do with a lifetime supply of chocolate?" I am now telling the computer exactly what he can do with a lifetime supply of chocolate!”

Snoory: "Well, that's true. This machine of yours...tell me...do you think it can pick up energy or beings from other dimensions? Is it possible?

Guest: "George, you should never doubt what no one is sure about."

Snoory; "So true...so true. Let's take some calls."

Brilliant!  That's a print-out for sure...

:)

Quote from: Morgus on July 04, 2012, 02:57:31 PM

Kaku may be too busy right now to spend 3 hours responding to George's cue card questions - for thuh new lissners - before George asked him if people were still worried CERN would create a black hole that would swallow the earth, cut off his answer, and went to the phones..

Quote from: Morgus on July 04, 2012, 02:56:08 PM
Last night Noory also mentioned that for July 4th he will play all of his tired old recorded bits again like the last several years including Red Skelton reading the pledge of allegiance - YAWN  :P

Tonight George will also have a special line for people whose pets were spooked by fireworks, ran away, and never came back