• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: Oversoul on July 02, 2012, 01:39:23 AM
Noory just admitted to his guest tonight, Ken Druck, that he (Noory) is an UNFORGIVING person, who believes in the saying "an eye for an eye."  Quite a revelation of his character and personality.  It shows how truly unloving he can be.  :(   It also speaks of his hypocrisy.

Sounds like George is angry and upset about the posts on YouTube commenting on his singing.

WOTR

Quote from: Sardondi on July 01, 2012, 12:24:25 PM
"T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.
There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns â€" there are things we do not know, we don't know."
While I appreciate the quote, I would like to counter with one from our ex Prime Minister. 
A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven.
Just in case you need proof that the leader of our country would say such a thing...
Jean Chretien wants proof

Sardondi

You know, we use the Rumsfeld quote as an exemplar of meaningless Washington gobbledygook, and there's no doubt, given Rumsfeld's famous aversion to (contempt for?) the media, that he was having fun being deliberately if playfully confusing. I forget the circumstances at that press briefing or what the question was he was answering, but as I recall he turned and walked out right after this, leaving reporters going "what...the...wha?"

But what he said made sense - "We know things. But the things we don't know are divided in two categories: what we know we don't have enough intel on, such as how many sub-groups of AQ are in a particular province, etc.. And then there's the scarier category, those things about the existence of which we're absolutely ignorant, and aren't able to comment on until something happens in the future to make us aware. For example, say, that completely unknown to the US there are 12 separate ops which have successfully smuggled dirty bombs into the US and are in situ awaiting orders...and which we will probably learn about only after orders have been issued.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Sardondi on July 02, 2012, 12:51:28 PM
...given Rumsfeld's famous aversion to (contempt for?) the media, that he was having fun being deliberately if playfully confusing.   I forget the circumstances at that press briefing or what the question was he was answering...
But what he said made sense... "such as how many sub-groups of AQ are in a particular province, etc..   ...For example, say, that completely unknown to the US there are 12 separate ops which have successfully smuggled dirty bombs into the US  and are in situ awaiting orders...and which we will probably learn about only after orders have been issued.
You're being too charitable, Winnie.   First: what would it say about that fucking vampire (or the zombie he worked for) if he was being "playful" while referring to deadly sleeper cells in the U.S?
I'm pretty sure that that verbal mess about "knowns and unknowns" was uttered in early 2003 in regard to the relatively-conventional "war" in Iraq; probably in re what sort of (conventional) forces would face U.S. troops, and how long the "war overall" would last.  (You know: that question to which he elsewhere answered "Gosh  [non-verbal exasperated sound] ...six days.... six weeks... I doubt six months!")

EvB

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 02, 2012, 03:17:00 AM

Sounds like George is angry and upset about the posts on YouTube commenting on his singing.

Should we be afraid?  ;D

2styx

A No Nonsense No-Noory Interview. Getting George gone from June 14.

No Nonsense, No Noorey

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 2styx on July 02, 2012, 03:11:13 PM
A No Nonsense No-Noory Interview. Getting George gone from June 14.

No Nonsense, No Noorey

is that john goodman about :40 in?

Sardondi

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 02, 2012, 03:17:00 AMSounds like George is angry and upset about the posts on YouTube commenting on his singing.

There are really a lot of comments from folks who do not like George as the host of C2C one little bit. 3-4 days ago it was running like 55%-45% pro-anti, which I think is amazing. I don't know what it is now,but I'm surprised at the high anti vote. T

here are a lot of of folks who wish George would concentrate on his singing career and leave radio to the professionals.

ManiacMatt

Here is a closer view of GN singing.  It might give you nightmares.  It's just needs some anti-GN comments.  His stage presence looks very uncomfortable and awkward.  He paces around too much.  There is another video of a "conference" and GN is pacing like a caged tiger.  It looks weird to me.  Noory completely sucks.

George Noory Sings

EvB

To be honest, I've always found GNs 'in person' persona more palatable than his radio persona.  Every video I've seen of him live has always struck me as cozy and comfortable.  A little corny, maybe, but so much more engaged than the radio voice.

I didn't listen to the whole thing.  that song was one i used as a lullaby for my son (along with "Twist and  Shout' anyone who has ever had a child that sometimes needed OVER stimulation to calm down will get it ;) ) so if I'm going to listen to it being butchered, I'll listen to my own rendition, thanks.

Quote from: EvB on July 02, 2012, 05:06:11 PM
To be honest, I've always found GNs 'in person' persona more palatable than his radio persona.  Every video I've seen of him live has always struck me as cozy and comfortable...

Icky and creepy are what come to mind for me.   Especially when I know it's the same guy that revels in horrific stories of death and mangled bodies, is rude in so many different ways to guests and callers, is pretty lounge lizardly to female callers that sound young...

Check George out starting at about 3.56 in the above video...

coaster

Wait..so, after Noory sang Elvis, he then sang another song and made a woman dance with him? How delusional is this man?

Seeing that video again and up close makes me just as embarrassed for him and the audience as I was the first time I saw it.

That remark from his granddaughter on youtube (or him, probably) that it was 'his gig and he can do what he wants' is the whole problem. In the first place, the applause from the audience wasn't overwhelming - it was a smattering of polite clapping, not the overwhelming response of an enthused  audience, by any means. And, secondly this wasn't a singing 'gig'. This was advertised as Cremo and Friedman and him in a live C2C format type of show, with him doing the interviewing and fielding. Correct me if I'm wrong, but nowhere did it hint that he would be torturing entertaining the audience with vocals.

And, as Jasmine said up thread, he sounded exactly like someone's drunken uncle at a wedding. All he needed was an accordion and 'Lady of Spain'. He can keep on key, mostly, but he can't go outside of a very limited range. But even so, getting up and playing karaoke in front of an audience who came for a discussion is a mind-boggling testament to the huge ego  that convinces him that  his fanbase loves him so much they're clamoring for his surprise song, when they came to hear him and his guests.

It's really a sign of how far C2C has fallen since he took over, because it's no longer about the subjects,  the guests or the spontaneity of the callers, it's now all about George Noory and his inflated  ego. PremRat should get honest and change the name to 'The Noory Show' and call it a day.

Quote from: ManiacMatt on July 02, 2012, 04:46:07 PM
Here is a closer view of GN singing.  It might give you nightmares.  It's just needs some anti-GN comments.  His stage presence looks very uncomfortable and awkward.  He paces around too much.  There is another video of a "conference" and GN is pacing like a caged tiger.  It looks weird to me.  Noory completely sucks.

George Noory Sings

What made me sicker was the video of Toronto of The Chase playing while Noory was introduced and the strange rhythmic clapping from the audience. Alright. Ass, that is Art's song! You should be playing the intro to Barney or something. Stop using this and Inca Dance!

ziznak

I used to think George was just a bad unintelligent host... now I find him CREEPY in that lounge lizard hitting on women 20 years younger way.

edit:had an idea... and I think I'm onto something:

"I DON'T BELIEVE IN COINCIDENCES"

Sardondi

Quote from: ziznak on July 02, 2012, 10:14:18 PM..."I DON'T BELIEVE IN COINCIDENCES"

"Der ist Zumpting Goink On Out Dere, Dat's Fur Zhur!"
January 1, 1933

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sardondi on July 02, 2012, 11:06:53 PM

"Der ist Zumpting Goink On Out Dere, Dat's Fur Zhur!"
January 1, 1933

hahahaha, awesome.

michio

Quote from: HorrorReporter on July 02, 2012, 07:19:49 PM
What made me sicker was the video of Toronto of The Chase playing while Noory was introduced and the strange rhythmic clapping from the audience. Alright. Ass, that is Art's song! You should be playing the intro to Barney or something. Stop using this and Inca Dance!

They are absolutely Art's songs.  Bell and Cusco are inseparable. Noory can keep his Sinatra and Kenny G. for bumper music.  I've found the perfect song to introduce Simple George in Toronto and the rest of the world.  And since they're discussing road rage tonight and how humans are like chickens, it's apropos.

I-95 The asshole Song

Morgus

Quote from: HorrorReporter on July 02, 2012, 07:19:49 PM
Noory already has his very own theme song he plays at the end of the show on Friday nights: The UFO Phil song.
They should play UFO Phil only for his music when he is introduced at events...  ;D

Listening to Coast to Coast

michio

Noory interviewed Sir Charles Shults III on the show.  The best part of it was Sir Charles. The worst part of it was Captain Noory. It was another disaster of an anti-science know-nothing asking asinine questions ("well, that's true and dramatic") with the sole purpose of disrespectfully assaulting the guest with Noory's personal beliefs that have no place in a conversation, especially since he's asked the same questions of the same person numerous times before.  Does Simple George have a memory robbing brain disease that's undiagnosed? Noory should stop interviewing anyone that has anything to do with science.  Period. He's too uneducated and too inept to follow-up on any point the guest raises or to invite any original avenue of thought, except to bring up his usual "The universe is too orderly and life is too complex for my one neuron to comprehend. It hurts when I think."  Noory ALWAYS manages to get in the way of a thoughtful and interesting conversation.

Oversoul

Quote from: ManiacMatt on July 02, 2012, 04:46:07 PM

Amateurs night with George Noory at the Karaoke Singing Club.  :D

ziznak

I can't stand that UFO Phil song... I have practically destroyed a few computers at 5am when it's awakened me in the past.

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: ziznak on June 30, 2012, 12:23:32 PM
I'm currently downloading that latest LMH installment and know for a fact that hearing her talk about phallic symbols in ancient rock formations will surely make me laugh... Mankind's longtime fascination with genitals is in general just hilarious to me regardless of who talks about it actually.  LMH won some obscure beauty contest back in the day did she not??  I've seen some older pics of her and in her day she wasn't exactly an eyesore....

found this pic on of all places coastgab

She looks like a cross between Donna Reed and Dawn Wells (Mary Ann on "Gilligan's Island").

analog kid

Quote from: ziznak on July 03, 2012, 04:31:56 AM
I can't stand that UFO Phil song... I have practically destroyed a few computers at 5am when it's awakened me in the past.

It's new to me. Annoying, and those might be the most emasculated men I've ever seen.

EvB

Said it before but it bears repeating, Snoory inspired THAT - Art inspired this:

Crystal Gayle - Midnight in the desert

Sardondi

Quote from: EvB on July 03, 2012, 10:35:54 AM
Said it before but it bears repeating, Snoory inspired THAT - Art inspired this:

Crystal Gayle - Midnight in the desert

I was never a particular fan of Crystal Gayle or this song, but Art's choice of it to end his show was sheer genius IMO. It set the perfect mood for ending his show, and always made me feel that I was alone but safe in the cool, high desert, where it was still hours before dawn, and owls and night hunters flew along with the desert spirits. Hard to explain, but that song was like a magical blanket over me. A perfect way to set a mood and end the show. 

ItsOver

Quote from: ziznak on July 03, 2012, 04:31:56 AM

The UFO Phil song is perfect for Snoory.  He's always playing it at the end of the Friday show so he can skip out early, probably to get to an after-hours sleazy lounge where he can torture others with his karaoke and pick-up "skills."  He needs to start playing UFO Phil at the start of Coast, so potential listeners can skip out and miss the entire train wreck. 

ziznak

He should play that shit at the beginning so he can skip out on the WHOLE FRIGGIN SHOW.,.. that way we can hear the guests talk shit without his added unnecessary commentary.  UFO phil needs a bullet to the head in my opinion I really can't stand the nasal vocals... it's like nails on a chalkboard.