• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Sardondi

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on June 29, 2012, 11:58:06 PM
I would be interested on your take on the David Koresh/Waco Compound/Branch Davidians incident.
[attachimg=1]
Mixed. Very mixed. But it won't serve to go into it here.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 30, 2012, 12:29:50 AM
Dunno about that. I thought she rather enjoyed using  saying "erect phallus" at every opportunity; and even interjected it when Schock was speaking. I could see his face getting red.

I haven't seen her in years, but I recall seeing some pics of LMH about a decade ago and as I recall she had some remnant of babe to her. (Do I have the right one?) Anyway, the last couple of years I've noticed an increasing warble and shakiness to her voice. Not quite like Katharine Hepburn's serious shaky vocal from Parkinson's; but more like a woman in her 90's, although I assume she's just in her mid-60's.

All this to say, thinking of LMH as a white-haired crone delightedly talking about erect phalluses, is like a mix of grapefruit and milk to my brain's pleasure center. I don't think I'll have any, thank you.

ziznak

I'm currently downloading that latest LMH installment and know for a fact that hearing her talk about phallic symbols in ancient rock formations will surely make me laugh... Mankind's longtime fascination with genitals is in general just hilarious to me regardless of who talks about it actually.  LMH won some obscure beauty contest back in the day did she not??  I've seen some older pics of her and in her day she wasn't exactly an eyesore....

found this pic on of all places coastgab

coaster

I caught a recent episode of Ancient Aliens the other day and LMH was on. Looks like she fell face first into a vat of botox. Which is a shame really, because there was nothing wrong with the way she looked before. Now she resembles the joker from batman. I dont like poking fun of peoples looks because its shallow and superficial, but when they willingly want to change for the worse, I figure its fair game to make fun of them. LMH was a looker back in the day though.

ItsOver

Speaking of looks, as if a crooning Snoory isn't enough.  For the very brave and of strong stomach ONLY:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/photo/view/portrait_of_george_noory/58269

Shouldn't this be one of those black velvet renditions?

Morgus

Quote from: ziznak on June 30, 2012, 12:23:32 PM
I'm currently downloading that latest LMH installment and know for a fact that hearing her talk about phallic symbols in ancient rock formations will surely make me laugh... Mankind's longtime fascination with genitals is in general just hilarious to me regardless of who talks about it actually.  LMH won some obscure beauty contest back in the day did she not??  I've seen some older pics of her and in her day she wasn't exactly an eyesore....

found this pic on of all places coastgab

yes Linda Howe was winner of Miss Idaho in the early 60s for the Miss America pageant - not all that 'obscure' of a beauty contest.  ;)

Morgus

Quote from: coaster on June 30, 2012, 01:21:25 PM
I caught a recent episode of Ancient Aliens the other day and LMH was on. Looks like she fell face first into a vat of botox. Which is a shame really, because there was nothing wrong with the way she looked before. Now she resembles the joker from batman. I dont like poking fun of peoples looks because its shallow and superficial, but when they willingly want to change for the worse, I figure its fair game to make fun of them. LMH was a looker back in the day though.

Yet another example of modern plastic surgeries gone bad?  :o

ziznak

Quote from: Morgus on June 30, 2012, 02:26:12 PM
yes Linda Howe was winner of Miss Idaho in the early 60s for the Miss America pageant - not all that 'obscure' of a beauty contest.  ;)
I know I've read her bio in the past... damn you internet sarcasm!!

DAE

Sorry for the delay.  I was only able to take one photo of George in Toronto last week.  My black & white filter was on though.

[attachimg=1]

ItsOver

Quote from: DAE on June 30, 2012, 02:40:07 PM
Sorry for the delay.  I was only able to take one photo of George in Toronto last week.  My black & white filter was on though.

[attachimg=1]

Have you sent it to C2CAM so they can post it on their site?  The zombie members of the Snoory cult of bizarre personality would appreciate it.

DAE

Quote from: ItsOver on June 30, 2012, 03:58:39 PM
Have you sent it to C2CAM so they can post it on their site?

Yes, actually I did try to send it to C2C first.  But the following error came up on my computer. I selected the CoastGab option instead.

[attachimg=1]

NoMoreNoory

George won a beauty contest too. Can't remember his title though. Any suggestions?

ItsOver

It's obvious GN has been "coasting" for years on his good looks alone.  ;)

EvB

He's a low IQ talking head who'll do as he's told as long as he's allowed to stroke his own limp ego until it is temporarily engorged.

ItsOver

GN doesn't even have a quality radio voice.  It has a "Barney the Dinosaur" quality to it.  Art Bell has a voice made for radio.

HAL 9000

Quote from: EvB on June 30, 2012, 06:25:05 PMHe's a... talking head... stroke his limp ego... temporarily engorged.

Are you trying to say he's a talking dick-head?

:o

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on June 30, 2012, 08:46:34 PM
GN doesn't even have a quality radio voice.  It has a "Barney the Dinosaur" quality to it.
and thats after he has his voice electronically altered significantly for the radio broadcasts.  8)

Morgus

Its that time again, the first of the new month.
That means we have to suffer an extra c2c show hosted by Noory, his first Sunday of the month tomorrow night.

Juan

Quote from: HorrorReporter on June 29, 2012, 08:03:02 PM
What the hell is Noory doing? Is he destroying this show on purpose as a joke? Seriously...? I'm so tired of it all and now this shape up nonsense...
The consultants are now telling talk radio hosts they need to back away from politics and do more "life-style" type shows.  Maybe this is sNoory's attempt to do that. 

The concept of having him wake up, pay attention to his guests and prepare for the shows is too much for consultants to consider.

CoastCanuck

Quote from: Morgus on July 01, 2012, 12:30:08 AM
That means we have to suffer an extra c2c show hosted by Noory, his first Sunday of the month tomorrow night.
He's working his 5 days Sun - Thurs this week instead of Mon - Fri.  Wells is listed as the Friday host.

Lovely Bones

I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that I saved Knapp's Paulides show from last week for just such an emergency.

Sardondi

Quote from: Lovely Bones on July 01, 2012, 07:29:52 AM
I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that I saved Knapp's Paulides show from last week for just such an emergency.

You made a wise choice, Grasshopper.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Lovely Bones on July 01, 2012, 07:29:52 AM

Excellent show. I ordered the book from Amazon the following morning. Knapp let the stories and the narrative flow. All the time, you could hear where Noory's assinine interjections would derail everything. The following were NOT mentioned to explain the mysterious disappearances: angels, demons or portals. UFOs were briefly touched upon, dismissed by Paulides, not pursued by Knapp. Bigfoot, too, but for good reason because there's eye witness evidence and comments from children who turned up later that points in Biggy's direction. But dealt with calmly and rationally.

Perhaps senility will save us. There were a couple of occasions this week that were simply about Noory failing to make any sense of the language he calls his own. At the end of Linda the Moulting Cow's interview with the leader of the dive team about the Baltic Millennium Falcon, Boory took us into the break with this incomprehensible pronouncement:

"Linda, when we come back I want to know what the good doctor thinks it might be, even though he's not speculating."

And in another interview that shifted to Ancient Aliens, he remarked:

"There is no doubt there is a gap missing in our knowledge"

Let's get that gurney warmed up. It can't be long now.....

Sardondi

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on July 01, 2012, 11:10:04 AM..."Linda, when we come back I want to know what the good doctor thinks it might be, even though he's not speculating."

Translation: "Even though the doctor doesn't want to speculate, and has told us not to ask him to, let's sandbag him and ask him to speculate."

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on July 01, 2012, 11:10:04 AM...And in another interview that shifted to Ancient Aliens, he remarked:

"There is no doubt there is a gap missing in our knowledge"...

Wait a minute, this sounds familiar...

"T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.
There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns â€" there are things we do not know, we don't know."

Ben Shockley

Quote from: ziznak on June 30, 2012, 12:23:32 PM
in her day she wasn't exactly an eyesore....

She has that generic '50s-'60s "beauty queen" look.  Compare to any similar old pic of Lee Meriwether, for example.

Quote from: Sardondi on July 01, 2012, 12:24:25 PM

"There are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.
There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns â€" there are things we do not know, we don't know."
What's really offensive about that old quote (more so than that geriatric vampire Rumsfeld uttering it) is that people get paid big bucks for going around and holding seminars to teach executive types how to say that kind of garbage, and the executives get big raises (or Cabinet appointments) for mastering it.   It's considered "esoteric executive wisdom:" the more obscure and meaningless it seems, the more brilliant and indicative of a person's right to wealth, power, and privilege it's presumed to be.

Now, speaking of "obscure and meaningless" -- from the website description of Sunday night's NoorCoast:  and note words in red

Renaissance/ Surviving Loss
First, visionary author Barbara Marx Hubbard will discuss the coming planetary renaissance  that she's heralded for decades, and introduce a global movement  to co-create  a massive transition  around a symbolic 'Planetary Birthday' event on 12/22/12. Then, Dr. Ken Druck, a pioneer in personal transformation, will discuss the secrets of how we survive life's worst losses and uncover their dark gifts-- hidden opportunities for spiritual deepening, renewal, and discovery. Hosted by George Noory [as if you needed to be told].  

Uh, pardon me, but what the fu*k does any of that  mean?!?
In other words, just a 4-hour touchy-feely fest of the type that Noory just eats up!!   He loves it because it's all totally non-empirical; nothing "provable" or "falsifiable," so nothing can be questioned so no need for him to ask any questions so no need for him to even listen, except to possibly interject some drivel about unicorns, angels, and fairies, which, for once, might actually fit the "topics."

ItsOver

Does it still include the "submerging" artists, as well?  As if Snoory wasn't enough torture.  The Snoory abortion version of "America Has No Talent."  I'd rather listen to "Dancing Queen" played for each break.   Heck, I'd rather listen to "Dancing Queen" played for four hours straight.   This must be punishment for the good shows with Knapp.  Off to an ABBA filled alternative Sunday night.

Oversoul

Noory just admitted to his guest tonight, Ken Druck, that he (Noory) is an UNFORGIVING person, who believes in the saying "an eye for an eye."  Quite a revelation of his character and personality.  It shows how truly unloving he can be.  :(   It also speaks of his hypocrisy.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Ben Shockley on July 01, 2012, 01:28:55 PMNow, speaking of "obscure and meaningless" -- from the website description of Sunday night's NoorCoast:  and note words in red

Renaissance/ Surviving Loss
First, visionary author Barbara Marx Hubbard will discuss the coming planetary renaissance  that she's heralded for decades, and introduce a global movement  to co-create  a massive transition  around a symbolic 'Planetary Birthday' event on 12/22/12. Then, Dr. Ken Druck, a pioneer in personal transformation, will discuss the secrets of how we survive life's worst losses and uncover their dark gifts-- hidden opportunities for spiritual deepening, renewal, and discovery. Hosted by George Noory [as if you needed to be told].  

Uh, pardon me, but what the fu*k does any of that  mean?!?
In other words, just a 4-hour touchy-feely fest of the type that Noory just eats up!!   He loves it because it's all totally non-empirical; nothing "provable" or "falsifiable," so nothing can be questioned so no need for him to ask any questions so no need for him to even listen, except to possibly interject some drivel about unicorns, angels, and fairies, which, for once, might actually fit the "topics."

You might be further interested in my post regarding Barbara Marx Hubbard here:

http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,3220.msg72185/topicseen.html#msg72185

Morgus

Quote from: Oversoul on July 02, 2012, 01:39:23 AM
Noory just admitted to his guest tonight, Ken Druck, that he (Noory) is an UNFORGIVING person, who believes in the saying "an eye for an eye."  Quite a revelation of his character and personality.  It shows how truly unloving he can be.  :(   It also speaks of his hypocrisy.
No wonder Noory is unforgiving of people who don't like him as c2c host, and labels them 'haters'  :o

Oversoul

Quote from: Morgus on July 02, 2012, 02:03:49 AM
No wonder Noory is unforgiving of people who don't like him as c2c host, and labels them 'haters'  :o

Which can be dangerous, when you consider that Noory may actually be harboring a lot of pent-up anger or aggression and self-hatred.   ::)   I would not want to be close to someone like that.