George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

The Professor

Thank god George Knapp is on
Tomorrow to deliver us from Stupidity
He is our last, best chance for peace of mind...

I'm posting from my phone, so I have
Limited ability...if someone can find the
Song parody "Bye Bye Mr. Kingdom of Nye"
And post it here, it's appropriate
"this'll be the day the show dies"...

The Professor

If you want a laugh, google

Wiki Howard Bloom

Read his entry, but also follow
The other link were the wiki editors
Are fretting that it is not a proper article
There are a few laughs buried in there..

Of course, by blooms own admission,
He is the greatest genius in all dimensions of thought,
Completing his work in science at the age of
10, and moving on to the more challenging
World of celeb PR...and then later back
To science to find the meaning of life, the universe and evrything...

Baghdad Bob

Quote from: Sybil on June 27, 2009, 09:38:27 PM
I wouldn't know about that really. But it's got to be hard on you Windows users. :)

sybil, i use a mac.  they are not impervious to problems.  i have had to call apple tech support, and i have gotten sad mac codes before.  sad mac codes are worse, in my opinion, than the BSOD

Quote from: The Professor on June 28, 2009, 03:49:35 AM
Thank god George Knapp is on
Tomorrow to deliver us from Stupidity
He is our last, best chance for peace of mind...

I'm posting from my phone, so I have
Limited ability...if someone can find the
Song parody "Bye Bye Mr. Kingdom of Nye"
And post it here, it's appropriate
"this'll be the day the show dies"...

I wish I had your confidence in George Knapp, he's had his share of lame stupid guests and shows...

From TOGNS page 2261 - posted by the Professor Feb 2009...

I heard Don McLean's classic ballad Amercian Pie,
or as it is often called, "the day the music died",
which laments the tragic loss of Buddy Holly, and the impact it had on the quality of music at the time...I couldn't help but
think a similar thing has happened to Coast-to-Coast...

<to the tune of American Pie>

Kingdom of Nye

A long, long time ago...
I can still remember
How that show used to make me smile.
And I knew someone would call in
With a weird tale to make us grin
And, maybe, we'd be happy for a while.

But february made me shiver
With every paper I'd deliver.
Bad news on the doorstep;
I couldn't take one more step.

I can't remember if I cried
When I read he'd stepped aside,
But something touched me deep inside
The day that Coast-to-Coast died.

So bye-bye, Mr. Kingdom of Nye,
Drove my chevy to Pahrump
But the place was a dump.
And the unscreened callers tellin' stories and lies
are Singin', this'll be the day the show dies
This'll be the day the show dies.

Did you make the show we love?
And do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so?
And do you believe in radio?
Can a talk show save your mortal soul?
And can you teach me how to call a UFO?

Well, I know that you love him too
`cause I saw you listen' 'til he was through,
Every night is like a full moon,
Man, dig those bumper tunes!

I use to listen in my pickup truck
To a show that did not suck
But I knew I was out of luck

I started singin',
bye-bye, Mr. Kingdom of Nye,
were Singin', this'll be the day the show dies

Now for five years we've been on our own
With a Moron behind the microphone
But that's not how it used to be.
When the Master talked about a hole with Mel
Or an Alien kept in a secret cell,
With a voice that came to you and me,

Oh, and while The King was not around,
The Moron stole his thorny crown.
The courtroom was adjourned;
The verdict of sucking was returned
And while Noory Built a House of Tards
Any Tommy filled out 3x5 cards
We sang dirges after dark

We Were singin,

Helter skelter from a St. Louis smelter.
When the show is on I head to a fallout shelter,
Ratings are down and falling fast.
Coast is foul, hosted by a dumb-ass.
The listeners pray for time to pass,
While the jester does his nightly broadcast.

Now the air is full of doom and gloom
The Moron makes you want leave the room.
On the weekend we all got up to dance,
Oh, but we never got the chance!
Knapp tried to take the field,
But The Moron refused to yield!
Do you recall what was revealed

We started singing,

Oh, and there we were all in one place,
While Noory talked to the Kid from Lost in Space
We have no time left to start again.
So come on: George be nimble, George be quick!
George sucks on satan's dick!
Cause the devil is Noory's only friend.

Oh, and as we watched him on the stage
The fans hands were clenched in fists of rage.
No angel born in hell
Could break that satan's spell.
And as the flames climbed high into the night
To light the sacrificial rite,
I saw satan laughing with delight

He was singing,

I met a girl who sang the blues
And I asked her for some happy news,
But she just smiled and turned away.
I went down to the sacred store
Where I'd heard the show years before,
But the man there said the show wouldn't play.

And on the Thread: the listeners screamed,
The lovers cried, and the poets dreamed.
But not a word was spoken;
Art Bell's microphone was broken.
And the three men I admire most:
Punnett, Knapp and the Master Host
They caught the last train Coast-to-Coast
The day that the show died.

And They were singing,

Imagine anyone, late at night, turning the radio dial and coming upon Coast to Coast these days with any of the hosts.  Is anybody tuning in for the first time intrigued?  Anyone going to keep the dial there?  Anyone going to be sure to tune in again?

To ask those questions is to answer them.

And to think I used to recommend the show to people (of course that was in the AB days)...

Sybil

Quote from: Baghdad Bob on June 28, 2009, 04:12:49 AM
sybil, i use a mac.  they are not impervious to problems.  i have had to call apple tech support, and i have gotten sad mac codes before.  sad mac codes are worse, in my opinion, than the BSOD
Well, that's your first mistake. Never, never call tech support. Search it out on the net.
You're a smart guy, you can figure it out.

or......

Perhaps you would like to switch back to Windows. Then you can Command+Alt+Delete to your heart's content. I wouldn't suggest it though.

Even Bill Gates thinks Mac's the best.

Everyone likes Apple Computers, even Bill Gates!!

The Professor

Thanks Paperboy, we may need more verses soon..

Last night show: ian exploring everyhing that has no bearing
On MJs death...

The Professor

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 28, 2009, 04:24:39 AM
Imagine anyone, late at night, turning the radio dial and coming upon Coast to Coast these days with any of the hosts.  Is anybody tuning in for the first time intrigued?  Anyone going to keep the dial there?  Anyone going to be sure to tune in again?
And to think I used to recommend the show to people (of course that was in the AB days)...

Well put PB, I agree in all respects...

MABUSE

Quote from: Gumby, Dammit on Today at 03:21:06 AM I think it's safe to say that Ian gets MABUSE'S ASSHAT AWARD for the month...maybe even the year...or decade...or millennium...or all the way back to the big bang.

I second that motion! Ian owns that asshat now.--Sybil

OK, as voted, this week's awarding of the C2C Noory Asshat is hereby awarded to Ian for his Noory-like level of hosting of what I am led to understand was a total trainwreck of a show in keeping with the standards and traditions of the Original C2C Asshat himself

drum roll, please...

**M**
(forgive the delay, I had to get home from work to do this)

Quote from: MABUSE on June 28, 2009, 04:58:58 AM
... a total trainwreck of a show in keeping with the standards and traditions of the Original C2C Asshat himself

Complete with Noortards calling in and gushing about what a great show it was.

George:  'Astonishing'

Sybil

Quote from: Gumby, Dammit on Today at 03:21:06 AM I think it's safe to say that Ian gets MABUSE'S ASSHAT AWARD for the month...maybe even the year...or decade...or millennium...or all the way back to the big bang.

OK, as voted, this week's awarding of the C2C Noory Asshat is hereby awarded to Ian for his Noory-like level of hosting of what I am led to understand was a total trainwreck of a show in keeping with the standards and traditions of the Original C2C Asshat himself

drum roll, please...

**M**

Good Job Mabuse! That's one fancy asshat.

Now you've gone and made Noory jealous now.

Quote from: The Professor on June 28, 2009, 04:39:53 AM
Well put PB, I agree in all respects...

Maybe that helps explain why so many Noortard callers excitedly proclaim their love for everything Coast before getting to the reason for their call, assuming they're calling for a reason - it's a marketing tactic designed to convince the channel surfers that they have stumbled onto a show that is just so 'all that'.

That just leaves the question of how they get so many callers to say it... are they all plants?... are Noortards just smart enough to know how to increase their chances of getting on?... is it some lemming thing where they do it because everyone else is (ditto-head effect)?... a combination?...

Too bad George doesn't use his time to improve, or for actual show prep, instead of thinking up this kind of thing.. phony.

mikemcc

I've always assumed that GN's call screeners tell callers they have to begin by gushing about how much they love the show and how much they adore George. I can't figure out any other reason for this. As much as folks liked Art -- and he got his share of well-deserved  compliments -- this didn't happen with every call like it does with George. Or maybe it is because every third caller is drunk on his or her ass.

I've always thought it would be fun to organize a night where we all call in to C2C during the first-hour open lines and start off with, "I can't stand you as a host, George, but..." and then go on to talk about something like portals or 2012. I know he has his delay thingy, but if we did this right, he might let the first few callers through. If not, he'll just have a bunch of dead air while he is cutting out the insults. Oh, remember, one in two or three of us should be drunk.

I've also thought about organizing a bunch of people to call in and talk in ways that use real words that seem like they are going to add up to a thought, but that never quite get there. Something that always seems like it is going to get to a point but keeps making digressions and ultimately is non-sensical. Like a story that goes on and on endlessly or a discussion that invites George's response but there's nothing to respond to. He'd have a hard time editing that out with his on-air delay thingy.   

Quote from: mikemcc on June 28, 2009, 11:02:50 AM
... call in and talk in ways that use real words that seem like they are going to add up to a thought, but that never quite get there. Something that always seems like it is going to get to a point but keeps making digressions and ultimately is non-sensical. Like a story that goes on and on endlessly or a discussion that invites George's response but there's nothing to respond to. He'd have a hard time editing that out with his on-air delay thingy.

If he was listening to the call (unlikely), he'd probably think Ian was calling in.

Caller:  'babble, babble, babble, digress, big word, babble, digress, babble, babble...'

George:  'that's incredible, Ian, can't wait for Saturday to hear that show'

Marc.Knight

I've always assumed that GN's call screeners tell callers they have to begin by gushing about how much they love the show and how much they adore George. I can't figure out any other reason for this. As much as folks liked Art -- and he got his share of well-deserved  compliments -- this didn't happen with every call like it does with George. Or maybe it is because every third caller is drunk on his or her ass.

I've always thought it would be fun to organize a night where we all call in to C2C during the first-hour open lines and start off with, "I can't stand you as a host, George, but..." and then go on to talk about something like portals or 2012. I know he has his delay thingy, but if we did this right, he might let the first few callers through. If not, he'll just have a bunch of dead air while he is cutting out the insults. Oh, remember, one in two or three of us should be drunk.

I've also thought about organizing a bunch of people to call in and talk in ways that use real words that seem like they are going to add up to a thought, but that never quite get there. Something that always seems like it is going to get to a point but keeps making digressions and ultimately is non-sensical. Like a story that goes on and on endlessly or a discussion that invites George's response but there's nothing to respond to. He'd have a hard time editing that out with his on-air delay thingy.

You just described what George does every night.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: V for Vendetta on June 28, 2009, 01:31:45 AM
I ordinarily don't respond to trolls, but I'm hungry, so I'll take a nibble at the bait... whatever would possess you to come here and ask such a question? Perhaps your inability to figure out how to add an avatar, or post a picture on a forum, speaks greater volumes than I could ever conjecture.

By all means, thrill us with more of your brilliant analysis.

While on the brief topic of "still current" GLP posters, I noted this post from another intellectual giant very recently:

Somehow, subtly debasing this thread, and thereby, the members who have left GLP and set up camp here, is again, perhaps noteworthy of one's pathology and loneliness. All three people left posting there, plus Pogo's postings there, bring the total to 3.5 posters. While the original thread deletion is a tragedy, the remnants have turned into nothing more than pathetic, and a parody unto themselves. Though rarely, sometimes I go there (GLP), just to see the same two avatars fill a page, speaking seemingly to themselves, all the while prentending to like it (even though one person has almost begged for the reinstatement of the old thread). Kinda sad to see this behavior from one who has a so-called "advanced degree."

I'll leave it at that, so that this thread doesn't devolve into other than Snoory Sucks.

I do not post over there, but I read there and I am very well aware of what happened.  I do  not like to see anymore attacked so I am responding to this.

You must now be associating with Noory and mimicking Tommy.  I think that says it all.  I think it is sad that you have to increase your self worth by insulting other people.  That is so small, so very small.

Furthermore, I have been posting on this site occassionally for sometime and think that MV has a very good forurm and enjoy reading it .  I am not usually one to stir the pot.  I know that someone ran up the thread count over there in a pissing contest, one, two, and three times.  Also, most of the refugees have been banned from discussing the situation.  Whether that is good or bad is not place to decide, but I hope those negative comments that you posted in the above quote has caused you to relieve yourself, because you were full of it and you know what it is.  A for Asskicker.

Marc.Knight

To ask those questions is to answer them.

The only regular listeners to Noory who still praise the show are in the same category as most of the nutty guests:

Itty Bit

We've another celeb death - Billy Mays, the obnoxious tv pitchman, has succumed to whatever it is that done 'im in -

Will Snoory mention it Monday night?  Stay tuned.  The suspense is overwhelming.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 28, 2009, 10:40:51 AM

Maybe that helps explain why so many Noortard callers excitedly proclaim their love for everything Coast before getting to the reason for their call, assuming they're calling for a reason - it's a marketing tactic designed to convince the channel surfers that they have stumbled onto a show that is just so 'all that'.

That just leaves the question of how they get so many callers to say it... are they all plants?... are Noortards just smart enough to know how to increase their chances of getting on?... is it some lemming thing where they do it because everyone else is (ditto-head effect)?... a combination?...

Too bad George doesn't use his time to improve, or for actual show prep, instead of thinking up this kind of thing.. phony.

"I'll take my answer off the air"

Quote from: Itty Bit on June 28, 2009, 12:34:02 PM
We've another celeb death - Billy Mays, the obnoxious tv pitchman, has succumed to whatever it is that done 'im in -

Will Snoory mention it Monday night?  Stay tuned.  The suspense is overwhelming.

George will know there is something very suspicious going on, because it only happens in 3's. 

George:  'Linda'?

Gumby, Dammit

Great ideas. The first one, "I can't stand you as a host, George, but..." might happen once...maaaaybe twice but remember, George is sitting there Googling himself on the internets looking for...shit I shudder to think, while it's actually Tommy who has his quivering finger poised over the delay button. At least that's what I'm thinkin. And remember, the delay is the longest in the radio industry. I heard once that it was between 35 and 45 seconds, or whatever the maximum the delay equipment will allow is. The second idea, calling the show and trying to out-nonsequitor George while leading him down blind alleys and box canyons is downright funny too.

When it comes rightdown to it, it's gotta be tuff trying to come up with pranks to pull on the Big Dicker because he's so protected and his "act" is so "scripted" and over-produced ( poorly produced)...sometimes it's not even clear whether or not he's even there, having had Tommy cobble together crap from other shows to make "new" shows with.

Weird. George is an enigma wrapped in a cockroach.

Gumby, Dammit

Noron: "Hmmm. Ed, Farrah, Michael. Death always comes in threes. Do you think that's because demons are taking them and they always have three fingers?"

Anne Blake Tracy: "Well George don't forget David Carradine. He just died too, and now Billy Mays."

Noron: "To the phones we go. Shill, you're on the air, how are-yooooooo?"

George is sure moving up the Hollywood celebrity list this week, he must be is the top 25,000 already..

Smoky

Sky Saxon from the Seeds died recently too. Perhaps obscure to many but a god if you are into sixties garage psychedelia. :'(

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on June 28, 2009, 11:46:44 AM
I do not post over there, but I read there and I am very well aware of what happened.  I do  not like to see anymore attacked so I am responding to this.

You must now be associating with Noory and mimicking Tommy.  I think that says it all.  I think it is sad that you have to increase your self worth by insulting other people.  That is so small, so very small.

Furthermore, I have been posting on this site occassionally for sometime and think that MV has a very good forurm and enjoy reading it .  I am not usually one to stir the pot.  I know that someone ran up the thread count over there in a pissing contest, one, two, and three times.  Also, most of the refugees have been banned from discussing the situation.  Whether that is good or bad is not place to decide, but I hope those negative comments that you posted in the above quote has caused you to relieve yourself, because you were full of it and you know what it is.  A for Asskicker.

Angeleyes, I'm not so sure V was attacking so much as he was trying to defend himself. The entire notion that V instigated the mess over there is based on DISINFORMATION and LIES. The page-count or thread views or whatever they're called were BUMPED UP ARTIFICIALLY FROM WITHIN GLP, for the sole purpose of creating an excuse to kill the old thread. There was no pissing contest. To this day they still perpetrate that myth over there and it sucks. Please don't fall for it. GLP set out to kill the thread and create in-fighting amongst its regulars. Chaos 101. And if you still go there, I invite you to please go back to the page on this thread where links are posted exposing GLP for what it truly is. If I had known that information about the place I would have posted far less frequently if at all.

V was Victimized at the old thread. He was first singled out by GLP staff and banned because of his knowledge of the underpinnings and back channels of the internet. V's good but he's not the malicious turd that they made him out to be. But he was the perfect patsy for them and had been chosen to be the fall-guy for when they were to finally implement their plan to take down the original thread. That's correct, the whole thing was an goddamn inside job.

Please consider this everyone. Cut V a break because he friggin deserves one. Yes it's true we're all jumpy still because of this mess, which causes some of us to be rabidly defensive at the slightest provocation. I'm no exception. This is even further testimony to the kind of havoc that can be wreaked by manipulation tools used in the skilled hands of the mindfuckers at GLP.

Angeleyes, pogo, anyone, please reconsider based on knowing that V had nothing to do with any of that crap and that you may be the Victims yourselves of more GLP madness. Please learn-up on GLP. You'll probably come to the same conclusion I did...to stay the hell away from that place. It would even be advisable for MV and EvB to keep an eye out for any "new arrivals" who actually have disruption and chaos in mind for this site...I witnessed some extreme examples of devious shit over there time and time again and it wouldn't surprise me if some of those agents came over here to "play" too.

MV, this IS a great forum and I know I speak for all of the former regulars from over there when I say THANKS for making this the ideal suck thread that we were all looking for in the first place!

George Noory SUCKS...(focus! FOCUS!)

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Smoky on June 28, 2009, 01:25:18 PM
Sky Saxon from the Seeds died recently too. Perhaps obscure to many but a god if you are into sixties garage psychedelia. :'(

Haven't heard the Seeds before. Like to though...

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 28, 2009, 01:09:42 PM
George is sure moving up the Hollywood celebrity list this week, he must be is the top 25,000 already..

I checked into that. You are correct. George hit 24,998 after having been stuck at 25,999 for the past year.

Gumby, Dammit

drum roll, please...

**M**

Excellent piece of work there MABUSE!

HAL 9000

Quote from: Gumby, Dammit
Angeleyes, I'm not so sure V was attacking so much as he was trying to defend himself.

George Noory SUCKS...(focus! FOCUS!)

Precisely! And sincere thanks for the support Gumby Dammit!

And now my response to 11angeleyes11:

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on June 28, 2009, 11:46:44 AM

Your response did not include the quotes from the people I was respomding to, so takes my response "out of context." I'm pretty good with words, but I, for the life of me, can't figure out, either what your point was, or who it is directed at.

Quote from: 11angeleyes11You must now be associating with Noory and mimicking Tommy.  I think that says it all.  I think it is sad that you have to increase your self worth by insulting other people.  That is so small, so very small.

Just curious, since there is no attribution: is the above quote directed at me, or the people's quotes you left out of your post (but were in my original post)? I haven't listened to Snoory since December 20, 2008, and don't support him (per my signature!) I was merely responding to what I consider, provocative, inflammatory posts by others.

Allow me to deconstruct portions of your post, so I can better understand where you're coming from, because I really am confused. You say:

Quote from: 11angeleyes11I know that someone ran up the thread count over there in a pissing contest, one, two, and three times.

In your quote, you mention "someone." If you have evidence that what you claim actually took place, and who that "someone" was, please enlightenen us. Do you have evidence it was ONE person - two persons, or more... a group of 10 people? On what is your statement that "someone" did anything based? And why would you assume it's only a "someone" vs. numerous people?

Quote from: 11angeleyes11Also, most of the refugees have been banned from discussing the situation.  Whether that is good or bad is not place to decide, but I hope those negative comments that you posted in the above quote has caused you to relieve yourself, because you were full of it and you know what it is.

The above quote seems pretty straightforward - or so I think - it appears to be directed at me, and doesn't seem, shall we say, to be "complimentary."

But then the next senstence has me confused:

Quote from: 11angeleyes11A for Asskicker.

That one would be correct.  I do kick ass when necessary. I would hope we all would under certain situations. So that seems like a compliment. See how I could be confused?

So when I quote negative comments from other people, that would seem a legitimate concern, yet you left out those quotes in your response. I'm now more confused why you would do that, unless those quotes might be exculpatory evidence for my posting.

Quote from: pogoSo V for Vendetta, you weren't completely thrilled with my posts about you on the other Noory GLP board?
(EDIT: picture an astonished smilie here, can't get it to post)

Quote from: NOLADOGTis is a STAND against the "Other" Thread. Keep the Faith and NEVER Forget...GEORGE NOORY SUCKS!!

Quote from: StarbriteRIP, thread, if it comes back, reincarnated I would love it, but right now move on...

Quote from: StarbriteHere is a parody done to the song "Breaking Up is Hard to Do" by Neil Sedaka.

<snipped>
I beg of all dont's say goodye
Get unbanned and give it another try
Come on mods, the pages can start anew
Cause posting without the thread is hard to do.

The Mods went ban, ban ban ban ban ban,
The Mods went ban, ban ban ban ban ban,

The refuges move on and the song fades out. . .
<unsnipped>

Quote from: StarbriteI know that on another site, certain numbers are being manipulated now, too.  Does this read familiar?  No, it was not Starbrite, I have trouble uploading smilies.

Quote from: Starbrite(from anonymous 707740: "Looks like the refugees who fled to that other place are getting fed up over there already today. They discovered their posts were being censored and editted, so some have said they are OUTTA HERE over there. Sounds like Spikegirl's description of the owner of that other place is right, they should have listened to her warnings and her experience over there in the past?)

Hmmmmm.  That's interesting, the party may be over there.  Maybe they can move on over to the next forum, The Fantasic Forum.

Quote from: StarbriteLOL, Yes, I did go visit and I saw that Sybil posted her infamous frontal pictures.  Someone called 11Angeleyes11 remarked that she would post a picture of hers, too, but she had had boob reduction surgery. 

Poor, Syb, was she outboobed?

Now, to my eye (and brain) these quotes from posters at GLP seem inflammatory. I think the comments stand on their own.

Of course, I left out the plethora of posts about myself - they would take up too much room, and, quite frankly, as I mentioned in a previous post, I generally don't respond to trolls.

So 11angeleyes11, if you could clear this up, that would be great - I've certainly never had an issue with you before, and hope not to, based on possible gross misunderstandings. Maybe I've perceived it all backwrds, like in Bizarro World.

Sybil

Can we all just have a group hug?

I love all you guys!

George Noory Sucks!!!!!