George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 24, 2018, 01:41:11 AM
My shift ended 29 months ago
Congratulations on your retirement (or, uh, disability)!  That is wonderful!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on April 24, 2018, 01:44:51 AM
Do you want evidence or are u being sarcastic?

Sure...Why not? What the hell! ;D

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 24, 2018, 02:02:01 AM
Headache?
Nah.  It just takes work, and time.  And i havent been to glp since i got this amazon fire, which is not as easy as the RCA was.  I'd like to go this weekend, and thats when i'll check.  I want to wind down.  The household runs better when I'm not totally graveyard shift.

Can you imagine wanting tranny rights while being racist!  I cant even wrap my head around it.

Jojo

Did the caller say she had poor social skills, or are George and the guest ripping her up? 

OMGoodness, they ripped her up!  She called saying she was frustrated during economic hard times because had no support system, no family...  so George followed up with "bad social skills" (I'm sure he meant social network) and the guest followed up with "terrible personality".  Unbelievable.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 23, 2018, 11:40:56 PM
I'm convinced that Jojo is romantically obsessed with <shudder> Joorch. :o
When he giggles and his nose gets involved, lol!

cweb

Gotta say, props to George for calling into the GabCast and being pretty civil through all of this.

He hasn't pretended to be best buds with Art, but recognized the importance of Art in his career. Good on him for waiting on confirmation before announcing Art's passing. That had to be really hard to continue the show with that in the back of his mind.

Other things aside, he did well there.

Quote from: Jojo on April 24, 2018, 02:21:02 AM
Did the caller say she had poor social skills, or are George and the guest ripping her up? 
This lady called a few months ago saying she couldn't pay her electric bill. George said he would pay it.

She started her call complaining about having no friends but then changed topic as to where the cheque for $235 was. George said he paid her bill directly and when she realized her Senda-esque plan failed went back to the sob story

Quote from: Jojo on April 24, 2018, 01:38:52 AM
Is it my imagination, or is one side always a slightly different length than the other?  I like it when both sides reach his smile lines.
Haha  maybe he trims it himself.

I like Noory but but but...
Too many of his guests are the touchy feely new age types.   Then, he makes more than his Fair share of Dumb comments. Its like he doesn’t think first sometimes.

Jojo

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on April 24, 2018, 08:37:42 AM
This lady called a few months ago saying she couldn't pay her electric bill. George said he would pay it.

She started her call complaining about having no friends but then changed topic as to where the cheque for $235 was. George said he paid her bill directly and when she realized her Senda-esque plan failed went back to the sob story
Okay, I see I missed that.  I still wish they had handled it much differently.  I would not have repeated the (unpleasant) topic, but would have focused on no fee counseling (Catholic/Lutheran Fami!y Services), self-help resources, try to find an in-person support group...and to inform her that someone who applies themself often will become very good at what they do, even if they started out behind. 

I would have told her to get a pen and write down food stamps, Safelink/Lifeline phone, energy assistance, employment security, Social Security disability (in case she really has no social skills due to mental illness), Americorp, Peace Corp, Medicaid, find a social worker, a mentor, consider pairing up as two can live as cheaply as one...

I would have empathized with basic needs poverty, but reminded her that when she has days with food, shelter and freedom there are hundreds of hospital patients, prisoners, and trafficked humans who would love to put themself in her shoes.  She suffers.  But she is not a prisonor of war or in a Logai prison.  She isn't dying of AIDS or ebola, or having excruciating cancer treatments.  She didn't lose BOTH legs because a surgeon accidently amputated the wrong leg by mistake.  She is not tortured.  She is not wrongfully on death row.  She has her arms and legs.  She is not a "vegetable".  She is not one of the minor children working zillion-hour shifts with no overtime pay on her feet in China so we can have toys.  She is not one of the child slaves working overtime, and with no pay at all, and being beaten while doing their child labor job harvesting cocoa beans so we can eat chocolate.  And she is not their grieving parent with a child that had to be sold so the other child could eat.  And she isn't in Hell paying for sins like the people who condone and force those sins, as they will be tortured too.  Unless you are dying, there is always someone worse off. 

I would remind her life is short.  Too short to wish it away or grieve it away, instead of endeavoring.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on April 24, 2018, 01:03:50 PM
Okay, I see I missed that.  I still wish they had handled it much differently.  I would not have repeated the (unpleasant) topic, but would have focused on no fee counseling (Catholic/Lutheran Fami!y Services), self-help resources, try to find an in-person support group...and to inform her that someone who applies themself often will become very good at what they do, even if they started out behind. 

I would have told her to get a pen and write down food stamps, Safelink/Lifeline phone, energy assistance, employment security, Social Security disability (in case she really has no social skills due to mental illness), Americorp, Peace Corp, Medicaid, find a social worker, a mentor, consider pairing up as two can live as cheaply as one...

I would have empathized with basic needs poverty, but reminded her that when she has days with food, shelter and freedom there are hundreds of hospital patients, prisoners, and trafficked humans who would love to put themself in her shoes.  She suffers.  But she is not a prisonor of war or in a Logai prison.  She isn't dying of AIDS or ebola, or having excruciating cancer treatments.  She didn't lose BOTH legs because a surgeon accidently amputated the wrong leg by mistake.  She is not tortured.  She is not wrongfully on death row.  She has her arms and legs.  She is not a "vegetable".  She is not one of the minor children working zillion-hour shifts with no overtime pay on her feet in China so we can have toys.  She is not one of the child slaves working overtime, and with no pay at all, and being beaten while doing their child labor job harvesting cocoa beans so we can eat chocolate.  And she is not their grieving parent with a child that had to be sold so the other child could eat.  And she isn't in Hell paying for sins like the people who condone and force those sins, as they will be tortured too.  Unless you are dying, there is always someone worse off. 

I would remind her life is short.  Too short to wish it away or grieve it away, instead of endeavoring.

She called a national radio show not a 24 crisis hotline. WTF

Dateline

To her, it is a show in crisis, thus a crisis line.  Weeping. . . 

albrecht

Some crazy callers last night. The lady with the electric bill that Norry supposedly paid (directly to company,) the bipolar artist, a lady rambling about how "they," which  include NASA and the SS, "know" about spontaneous human combustion because how else could they send up Astronauts or Air Force One if they didn't know if people would "blow up?" Norry told her "far off subject" and dumped and guest said "no worries, George." I think a few others I forgot.

ItsOver

True Confessions tonight.  Jorch admits he's never thought about getting in a van and killing people.  No mention of trucks or cars, though.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsOver on April 24, 2018, 11:15:39 PM
True Confessions tonight.  Jorch admits he's never thought about getting in a van and killing people.  No mention of trucks or cars, though.

Autoimmune disease and how they play cumins

Dateline

Quote from: ItsOver on April 24, 2018, 11:15:39 PM

What about SUV"s and Harley's?

Dateline

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 24, 2018, 11:21:41 PM

I'm sitting on the edge of my mousetrap with excitement and suspense.

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 24, 2018, 02:11:40 PM
She called a national radio show not a 24 crisis hotline. WTF
If he paid her electrical bill...feed a woman a fish, she eats once.  Teach her to fish, she eats for life.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on April 25, 2018, 12:17:18 AM
If he paid her electrical bill...feed a woman a fish, she eats once.  Teach her to fish, she eats for life.

The national audience isn’t there for homemaking 101

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Jojo on April 25, 2018, 12:17:18 AM

She should generate her own electricity? You're losing me with this analogy.

Sean92008

Okay, maybe I'm dense for just realizing this or, maybe, I'm just overly emotional because my girl Heather is having such a tough time and Keith is being such a fucking asshole to her while she is grieving for the loss of her father and lover mentor and friend...

Snoory has got to be two or three times busier than Art ever was.  I mean, he does that corny touring show, the Beyond Belief thing, writing novels, getting kittens down from tall trees and works every major holiday to boot.

Okay, sarcasm was injected but he is seriously doing a lot more than Art Bell ever did. So how can I expect George to be as well read and as well prepared for all of those guests of his? I mean, he's turned Coast to Coast AM into a massive cash cow.

And, to date, he hasn't quit six times.

Maybe the Heather meltdown has softened me. She's gone beyond the concrete lining and is burrowing her own grave down to China. The core temperature is hot and I might just have given up tormenting Keith and I might just give up tormenting George beyond Lent.

I've said my peace, I will progress to slitting my wrists in dismay that I'm even thinking this.

Oh, come to think of it, I will delay slitting my wrists as I have to deal with a $16,000 medical co-pay coming up for my kid and I might just call George for help. It sucks not to have liquid assets.

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 24, 2018, 11:21:41 PM
Glad I hit the off switch after Jorch's confession.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dateline on April 24, 2018, 11:22:23 PM
What about SUV"s and Harley's?
Maybe if he's out for a Sunday spin looking for foraging rat eaters.

El Chorro

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 25, 2018, 09:11:23 AM
Okay, maybe I'm dense for just realizing this or, maybe, I'm just overly emotional because my girl Heather is having such a tough time and Keith is being such a fucking asshole to her while she is grieving for the loss of her father and lover mentor and friend...

Snoory has got to be two or three times busier than Art ever was.  I mean, he does that corny touring show, the Beyond Belief thing, writing novels, getting kittens down from tall trees and works every major holiday to boot.

Okay, sarcasm was injected but he is seriously doing a lot more than Art Bell ever did. So how can I expect George to be as well read and as well prepared for all of those guests of his? I mean, he's turned Coast to Coast AM into a massive cash cow.

And, to date, he hasn't quit six times.

Maybe the Heather meltdown has softened me. She's gone beyond the concrete lining and is burrowing her own grave down to China. The core temperature is hot and I might just have given up tormenting Keith and I might just give up tormenting George beyond Lent.

I've said my peace, I will progress to slitting my wrists in dismay that I'm even thinking this.

Oh, come to think of it, I will delay slitting my wrists as I have to deal with a $16,000 medical co-pay coming up for my kid and I might just call George for help. It sucks not to have liquid assets.

Unpopular take: I don't hate George. I enjoy listening to him. He has a distinctive style that is friendly and entertaining. I only listen most nights to the first half hour or so then I'm asleep, so I'm not as critical (or aware) of his interviewing style or interactions with callers.

The thing I don't like is the nature of guests he has many nights. Like last night...a polio conspiracy guy. Or the night before, an economic doomsday guy. I like mysteries and historic stuff, which he has on sometimes, and a smattering of woo though I'm not crazy about obvious loons. But the truth is I won't hear much of any guests whether I like them or not...I'm asleep too soon. But that first half hour is a fun way to end the day.

All the best with your child.

I wonder how George is coming along with collecting all the Art Bell Coast show tapes he has scattered around the office, and making them available

albrecht

I liked that Norry had to report on the news of some con-artists facing serious prison time for a fake medical device claims and sales, mainly bilked senior citizens....and now on to some "doctor" to talk about boosting your immune system and relations between vaccines and cancer.

AZZERAE

Quote from: albrecht on April 25, 2018, 04:57:40 PM
I liked that Norry had to report on the news of some con-artists facing serious prison time for a fake medical device claims and sales, mainly bilked senior citizens....and now on to some "doctor" to talk about boosting your immune system and relations between vaccines and cancer.

LOL

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on April 25, 2018, 04:57:40 PM

WTF?  Yeah, and there are people in this forum that don't get why Noory gets the hate he does.  ::)