• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ShayP

Quote from: Zetaspeak on April 20, 2018, 02:37:52 AM
YES you are right, the second I click post it came to me. I remember how much Art loved that show

Has ABBA been played yet, that had to be top of the list of Art bumpers

Not sure about ABBA but regarding the other song, I recall when Art first started using it he played it a few times and talked about how much he loves those gals and the harmonies.  He genuinely was excited about that one simple song he introduced into his bumper music.

Art was like a kid in a candy store with nearly every show.  You could sense when he was having fun with it.

Lilith

Listening, and reading the posts tonight, has reminded me a lot of the old Coast Rider days.

ShayP

Quote from: sydtron on April 20, 2018, 02:38:56 AM
How many Turkey sandwiches could you fit in the hole?
Was the baby dead?

LOL!

Was it a mean baby?

YES you are right, the second I click post it came to me. I remember how much Art loved that show

No Abba tonight.   Though Dancing Queen is always on Friday Night's playlist anyway.  I prefer Waterloo though.

FallenSeraph

I’m tempted to buy every damn supplement advertised on this show (except the one for men) and blog my progress for three months. I’d probably just end up wrinkly, sickly, sleepless, broke and homeless living under a bridge. 

ShayP

Quote from: brig on April 20, 2018, 02:40:50 AM
Listening, and reading the posts tonight, has reminded me a lot of the old Coast Rider days.

Brig!!!!  Hello!  Been quite awhile since we crossed paths.  Hope all is well.  Cheers lady!  :)

Lilith

It was a nice surprise for me to have heard Lex get on the air.

GravitySucks

He had a ball interviewing Ellen Muth.  She was the blond that played Georgia in Dead Like Me.

Lilith

Quote from: ShayP on April 20, 2018, 02:43:01 AM
Brig!!!!  Hello!  Been quite awhile since we crossed paths.  Hope all is well.  Cheers lady!  :)

I only missed the first hour ShayP, but listening mostly with my head on the pillow, and just reading.  Would have done a lot of typing if it wasn't so far past my bedtime LOL

He's ending it with this?  This is bizarre.

Kolchak

Quote from: Zetaspeak on April 20, 2018, 02:43:40 AM
Wow he's playing Art eugoluzing Ramona

You can't do a tribute show to Art without addressing this type of thing. He shared it with the world. The Coast staff has done well choosing these clips - far better than I would have expected. 

Rix Gins

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 20, 2018, 02:45:49 AM

Yeah, kind of a downer.  I'd have put a collage of Art saying different Artisms like "Turn your radio down." and mentioning Pizza Punch, etc.

ShayP

Kind of fitting though since we are saying goodbye to Art, and Ramona was his soulmate.  It doesn't always have to end on a happy note.

Kolchak

Definitely should have come in the middle of the program.

ShayP

Quote from: Kolchak on April 20, 2018, 02:49:50 AM
Definitely should have come in the middle of the program.

Probably.  But let's hear what comes afterward.

sydtron

I wonder if they were going to the huge west coast HAMFEST out there?

ShayP

I still can't believe how he could talk about that on air.  It's so sad. :(

GravitySucks

Short time?  They had been married 12 years. He had only been married to Ramona 15 years.

ShayP

Quote from: ShayP on April 20, 2018, 02:54:09 AM
I still can't believe how he could talk about that on air.  It's so sad. :(

Yeah, very weird.  The last image I'll have on my mind tonight is Ramona sitting on a sofa head leaned back, dead.

Reunited once more.

Lilith

Very nice.  Very well put together and presented I thought.  Thank you all for the company to "go with".  It would have been strange to listen to it alone methinks.

Hells Mole

Ok, so, after a couple of mist-free days hearing Art describe his experience losing Ramona in such frank detail on air has raised the humidity around my face again.  Jesus Christ, I feel like I was there.  I remember that I listened to that broadcast live at the time but I don't remember it being so descriptive.  He really did talk into the radio like he was talking to his closest friend and that's why it affects all of us that listened for so long the way it does to lose him.

George, you did good with the clips of Art tonight, thanks.

Quote from: ShayP on April 20, 2018, 02:57:17 AM
Is this an assumption or is she really?

It's HER song!!! How dare they!  She has been acting crazy since he died.

ShayP

I thought it was a good and fitting tribute, even with the sad ending.  Such is life...then death.

Kolchak

Still strange to end on that note, but the closing lines were kind of sweet.