George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on January 16, 2018, 10:15:22 AM
He announced the death of the singer from the Karen-berries

He's been promoting the hell out of his upcoming live stage show events, including the one at the Jeanne Wagner Thudder in Salt Lake. For some reason, he's been pronouncing 'Jeanne' as 'Juhnay' but last night, he very nearly  called it the 'Jon Benet Wagner Thudder'. Just managed to catch himself. Must have been fantasizing about his detours to the Ramsey house on his Bee On Bleef trips.

Jojo

Welllll.....  Baghavad Gita just rolled off George's lips.  Not so, with Feb and newqueler...

oh gee what a novel topic for Coast2Coast, giants.

how many fucking times is Toomy going to book these kooks who believe the Bible is history and not myth and fantasy?

Jorch: Goliath had red hair dint he?

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on January 17, 2018, 02:25:03 AM
oh gee what a novel topic for Coast2Coast, giants.

how many fucking times is Toomy going to book these kooks who believe the Bible is history and not myth and fantasy?

Jorch: Goliath had red hair dint he?
The Bible is a compilation of so many ancient texts.

Jewish history is pretty intact (unlike their nether regions...).  So, all those Begats do have historical meaning, and are repeated in many of the varied ancient texts compiled into the Old Testament, as well as at least twice in the New Testament.

With all the historical artwork of the stations of the Cross, it would be hard to say the Gospel is fantasy.

Jojo

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on January 16, 2018, 10:15:22 AM
He announced the death of the singer from the Karen-berries
Oh yes, death announcements... Very Important, even when somewhat obscure...

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on January 17, 2018, 02:30:01 AM

Jewish history is pretty intact (unlike their nether regions...).  So, all those Begats do have historical meaning, and are repeated in many of the varied ancient texts compiled into the Old Testament, as well as at least twice in the New Testament.

With all the historical artwork of the stations of the Cross, it would be hard to say the Gospel is fantasy.

The stations of the cross depict what, 12 hours of history?

Dude there isn't one scintilla of archaeological evidence for any of the events or people in the Five Books of Moses aka The Torah. The rest of the books of the Old Testament are a mixture of history, fantasy and myth concerning the Israelites. So yes there is historical meaning, literally the only information we have about ancient Israel comes from biblical scripture - the Egyptians didn't write about them, the Romans didn't, the Assyrians, the Babylonians the same.

Jesus was a historical figure, he was probably crucified for being a pain in the ass to the Romans by stirring up unrest among the Jews. That he existed doesn't make the content of the Gospels true they are myth, that's how ancient people wrote, symbolically.

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 17, 2018, 12:11:52 AM
We're down to 22 now.  We've been somewhat chilly since last Friday when we hit 61.  Meteorologist says that after this latest round of cold  weather passes, we'll be in a January thaw for the rest of the month but then the cold comes back in Feb.
Ha!  Feb, Jorch's favorite month will soon be here.  I hope he doesn't get a "panicked attack."

NoMoreNoory

... it would be hard to say the Gospel is fantasy.

Yeah, what with impregnation by spirits, virgin births, roaming stars, water into wine, walking on water, resurrection and bodily assumption, really hard.

The vast majority of the New Testament is Paul, who did not know the historical Jesus, projects his fantasy of him and devotes his life to instructing the early church what they should think and say. The first religious bigot. Christianity would be more accurately called Paulanity.

albrecht

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on January 17, 2018, 01:25:06 AM
He's been promoting the hell out of his upcoming live stage show events, including the one at the Jeanne Wagner Thudder in Salt Lake. For some reason, he's been pronouncing 'Jeanne' as 'Juhnay' but last night, he very nearly  called it the 'Jon Benet Wagner Thudder'. Just managed to catch himself. Must have been fantasizing about his detours to the Ramsey house on his Bee On Bleef trips.
Norry often waxes romantically about the time he "had the opportunity" to drive by the Jon Benet murder house and "ponder the events."  :o

I think I heard Norry the other night also said "it felt like a Miracle on 44th Street" when he got back to LA because he had so many Christmas cards. Once again everything for Norry is a movie reference and, as usual, he gets the details of the movie wrong.

He also was looking forward to lunch with Dr.Sky on FEB 13th.
-GNS

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on January 17, 2018, 11:09:31 AM
Yeah, what with impregnation by spirits, virgin births, roaming stars, water into wine, walking on water, resurrection and bodily assumption, really hard.

The vast majority of the New Testament is Paul, who did not know the historical Jesus, projects his fantasy of him and devotes his life to instructing the early church what they should think and say. The first religious bigot. Christianity would be more accurately called Paulanity.

Still, it seems to have had a good effect on humanity overall, wouldn't you say?

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 17, 2018, 12:54:47 PM
Still, it seems to have had a good effect on humanity overall, wouldn't you say?

Erm, I'll just assume that's an extreme exercise in irony.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 17, 2018, 01:20:46 PM
How so?

Well, let's see. At a glance...
The burning of the library at Alexandria, depriving us of ancient learning and pushing Europe into The Dark Ages for 1500 years before the rediscovery of Classical learning produced the Renaissance.
The Crusades.
Demonization of the Jews as 'Christ-killers'.
The medieval witch trials. Basically a holocaust against women.
The subjugation of women and their sexuality.
Never-ending wars across Europe.
The imprisonment of Galileo for the crime of looking through a telescope. And all the others who dared to suggest a heliocentric view.
The Salem witch trials.
The rejection of Darwin.
Westboro Baptist Church.
Kim Davies.
Roy Moore.

Just off the top of my head. More on application....

GravitySucks

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on January 17, 2018, 02:32:08 PM
The burning of the library at Alexandria, depriving us of ancient learning and pushing Europe into The Dark Ages for 1500 years before the rediscovery of Classical learning produced the Renaissance.
The Crusades.
The imprisonment of Galileo for the crime of looking through a telescope. And all the others who dared to suggest a heliocentric view.
The Salem witch trials.
The rejection of Darwin.
Westboro Baptist Church.
Kim Davies.
Roy Moore.

You should brush up on your history of Alexandria.

SredniVashtar

The Crusades.
The Salem witch trials.
The rejection of Darwin.
Westboro Baptist Church.
Kim Davies.
Roy Moore.

As that hick said, I think duskier hands were at work in the burning of Alexandria. Although I don't think we have ever been sure that it was such a treasure trove of ancient learning. Gibbon seemed to think it was full of the sort of tedious religious whiffery that got theologians so excited back then. But I will also add:

- The Inquisition
- The Thirty Years War
- Cliff Richard

maureen

The brutal murder of Hypatia of Alexandria by the bloody Bishop Cyril and his christian followers is a prime example of the war 'twix christianity and knowledge used for political power.  Bigotry seems to be winning but it can not.

Dr. MD MD

The Crusades.
The Salem witch trials.
The rejection of Darwin.
Westboro Baptist Church.
Kim Davies.
Roy Moore.

While I agree that most of those are a stain on the religion they largely belong to the Roman Catholic church, which I'll agree was the predominate force of Christianity early on but is really more representative of Roman power than Christianity. Many, if not most of the scientist that laid the groundwork for our scientific worldview were Christians. Were Christians really responsible for all the wars throughout Europe? I wasn't aware of that.

Juan Cena

So, how deep will  John Hogue Let Vlad Putin’s tongue go down his throat.

And by tongue, I mean Vlad’s male member.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan Cena on January 18, 2018, 12:16:05 AM
So, how deep will  John Hogue Let Vlad Putin’s tongue go down his throat.

And by tongue, I mean Vlad’s male member.

You seem obsessed with Putin's cock. In fact, the entire left does. What up with that?!

Gd5150

The Crusades.
The Salem witch trials.
The rejection of Darwin.
Westboro Baptist Church.
Kim Davies.
Roy Moore.

Yawn. This subject is so fucking boring. Atheists pushing their religion, goody.

Nuclear weapons.
Chemical weapons.
Bullets.
Guns.
Genetic warfare.
Every weapon ever made can be attributed to science.

Science sucks. Let’s ban it.

Religion has its good sides and bad sides, like everything. And any topic can be cherry picked to push ones agenda. Atheists using shit that happened a zillion years ago to pushing their faith and agenda today is so tired. Name one inspiring atheist. Good luck, there aren’t any.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 17, 2018, 08:11:52 PM
While I agree that most of those are a stain on the religion they largely belong to the Roman Catholic church, which I'll agree was the predominate force of Christianity early on but is really more representative of Roman power than Christianity. Many, if not most of the scientist that laid the groundwork for our scientific worldview were Christians. Were Christians really responsible for all the wars throughout Europe? I wasn't aware of that.

Not all wars, no. As you say, prior to the Reformation, there was only the Catholic Church (discounting Coptics and Orthodox, etc.). But that ideologically driven violence continued is undeniable. So Elizabeth I executed Catholics (and drove out Puritans), her Catholic sister Mary repaid the debt in spades, Henry removed anyone opposing him and Guy Fawkes planned to blow up Parliament to kill the Catholic Charles II. And on up to the 'Troubles' in Northern Ireland, a toxic mix of religious hatred, nationalism and historic colonialism. Similar stories across Europe.
I would certainly argue that the scientific age has succeeded in spite of, not because of, religion. After all, if we go back to Genesis, God was determined to keep us in a state of ignorance and drove us out of Eden for the crime of curiosity.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 18, 2018, 12:34:06 AM
Yawn. This subject is so fucking boring. Atheists pushing their religion, goody.

Nuclear weapons.
Chemical weapons.
Bullets.
Guns.
Genetic warfare.
Every weapon ever made can be attributed to science.

Science sucks. Let’s ban it.

Religion has its good sides and bad sides, like everything. And any topic can be cherry picked to push ones agenda. Atheists using shit that happened a zillion years ago to pushing their faith and agenda today is so tired. Name one inspiring atheist. Good luck, there aren’t any.

Ludicrous. The list is long and varied. This is not the place.

-GNS

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 17, 2018, 08:11:52 PM
The Catholic Church calls the pope Lord, or God.  That is representative of anti-Christ.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on January 17, 2018, 12:20:36 PM
Norry often waxes romantically about the time he "had the opportunity" to drive by the Jon Benet murder house and "ponder the events."  :o

I think I heard Norry the other night also said "it felt like a Miracle on 44th Street" when he got back to LA because he had so many Christmas cards. Once again everything for Norry is a movie reference and, as usual, he gets the details of the movie wrong.

He also was looking forward to lunch with Dr.Sky on FEB 13th.
-GNS
He can say Feb.
He can say You.
He can say Wary.
He can say Feb-You-Wary!

NoMoreNoory

Nope. Again, tonight, lunch with Dr Sky on Feb 13.

Jojo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on January 17, 2018, 11:09:31 AM

One doesn't have to believe the Bible compilations are literally infallible, or even believe all the books are the Word of God, to be a Christian.  Jesus Christ never said his followers had to agree with Paul, either.
Ok
Wandering stars is astronomy.  The main Gospel points were prophesied.

What miracles would you need to witness to believe a young man who God?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on January 18, 2018, 12:54:19 AM
The Catholic Church calls the pope Lord, or God.  That is representative of anti-Christ.

No they don’t