• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on February 04, 2018, 09:01:41 PM
It was funny how Syrette last night kept saying "Feb" in the beginning of the program.
This is insane.  We know he can say it, bec he said it recently at the start of a show.  Why doesn't he just master it?  It's a big part of his job a twelfth of the year.  Every year.  It's not going away.

Didn't he have speech therapy as a child?  He can get the best speech therapists in the country.  Speech therapy is probably free on You Tube.

If it's a psychological block, professionals can help there too.

If the show were low brow or hillbilly, I could understand, but this is a nice show.  An adult is supposed to know when to get the help they need.  Whether it's taking notes, making reminder cards, bringing a bigger brief case, we all need to do the necessary steps to meet our job requirements.  Is anyone so special that they don't have to tend to their challenges? 

Jojo

Quote from: Jojo on January 12, 2018, 02:00:37 AM
Wayne Carson sucked.  His spouse got angry when he called her to say he had to be a roadie for ten days longer than expected.  He told her she was always on his mind, and that he needed to get off the phone right quick to make a song about it.  A song that makes her out to be a doormat, and makes him out to be one of the worst apologizers ever.  Apologies don't start with "If I", like "If I ever made you feel...",   It is no wonder Wikipedia has nothing about his romantic life.  Let alone him presumptuously telling the whole world she was not his first priority.  Some things are just better left unsaid.  Other than write her a loser song, did he ever even become a better husband or did he just keep writing himself wistful ballads of regret.
It's one thing for a man to wonder if he made his girl feel second best but it is another thing entirely to bum rush her off the phone to write a song to the entire world that he basically treated her second best.

GravitySucks

“I don’t think I’ve ever been possessed, and I don’t know many people that have. “

Really?

GNS

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 06, 2018, 12:26:41 AM
“I don’t think I’ve ever been possessed, and I don’t know many people that have. “

Really?

GNS

Oh, he's possessed alright...by the spirit of mediocrity and phoning it in.  :D

AvDaBr

Perhaps the best Nooryism in a while-  he informed his guest that when the end is nigh, he doesn't want to be hooked up to a breathalyzer.  I shit you not.

Quote from: AvDaBr on February 06, 2018, 02:38:39 AM
Perhaps the best Nooryism in a while-  he informed his guest that when the end is nigh, he doesn't want to be hooked up to a breathalyzer.  I shit you not.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Jojo

2/5/2018 Show, 1:27AM.  To a female caller, "You sound 48.... you cougar..."

Jojo

Quote from: Juan on June 05, 2017, 05:08:32 AM
Towards the end a caller suggested George might want to be socializing on his birthday. George replied that it was "safer to be on the air." Safer? What dangerous things does he do when socializing? Pizza rolls, but what else?
Tonight he asked to borrow money to play black jack.  The average person loses $500 in gambling money alone, let alone travel expenses, when they go to Vegas.  So, in the studio he earns money, whereas outside the studio he likes to gamble.  He did once say he goes to Vegas every time a certain bumper song is played.  Anyone remember which one?

Jojo

Quote from: Morgus on June 06, 2017, 04:08:42 PM
Noory's "big announcement" has been revealed today at the c2cam website, its a long term contract extension: :o

Premiere Networks today announced an exclusive long-term agreement with George Noory to renew and extend his relationship with the company. Under the new agreement, George will continue his current role as host of Coast to Coast AM, the most-listened-to overnight radio program in North America, which reaches nearly three million weekly listeners on more than 600 radio stations across the U.S.

http://www.adweek.com/digital/george-noory-coast-to-coast-am-contract-renewal/
It doesn't give a time frame.

ItsOver

I wonder how he feels about "UPS."

http://youtu.be/9ZBd82i18LM

ItsOver

Get ready for Jorch to claim this was named after him, especially if it eats a little kid.

https://phys.org/news/2018-02-great-white-shark-george-stalks.html

NoMoreNoory

Also enjoyed him asking the exorcist guest if the entities had appendixes. Though he did manage to fumble a save out of that and stumblingly correct it to appendages.

Quote from: Jojo on February 06, 2018, 05:59:07 AM
Tonight he asked to borrow money to play black jack.  The average person loses $500 in gambling money alone, let alone travel expenses, when they go to Vegas.  So, in the studio he earns money, whereas outside the studio he likes to gamble.  He did once say he goes to Vegas every time a certain bumper song is played.  Anyone remember which one?

Red Rubber Ball?

Jojo

Quote from: Juan on June 05, 2017, 05:08:32 AM
Towards the end a caller suggested George might want to be socializing on his birthday. George replied that it was "safer to be on the air." Safer? What dangerous things does he do when socializing? Pizza rolls, but what else?
1.   Having his mouth attacked by a pizza rolls.
2.   Falling, in mud puddles.
3.   Coping with nervous drivers and interior vehicle door handles that fall off.
4.   Being in Las Vegas during the largest gun massacre on our soil.
5.   Encountering that stalker.
6.   Going to court about a stalker.
7.   Receiving calls from creditors.
8.   Reading our forum.
9.   Being interrogated by the FAA as a Middle Eastern looking traveler.
10.  Losing money at blackjack.
11.  Drink too much.
12.  Drink too much and make decisions he would regret.
13.  Be photographed in an embarrassing position.
14.  Fail to get to bed on time on his hump day of the work week.

You'd never guess Jeff Goodell had a book to sell what with all that exquisite doom and gloom he parrots a la Al Gore. Enjoyed hearing him babble after the caller pointed out the extremely high atmospheric  Co2 levels during the ice age. His answer was something like 'well I'm around (corrupt, misinformed) scientists just all the time so of course I know what I'm talking about'. Another quality guest courtesy coast to coast. Thanks.

Jojo

Almost closing time and George enthusiastically mentions that a word sounds like a drink.

expat

"The proof is the pudding."  No, George, that's not the right idiom.

ItsOver

Quote from: expat on February 07, 2018, 09:06:45 AM
But this is the right idiot.

zeebo

Robert Zubrin's on tonite, which I usually enjoy, but for George's standard slew of space questions. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on February 07, 2018, 11:58:36 PM
Robert Zubrin's on tonite, which I usually enjoy, but for George's standard slew of space questions.

Can you imagine if Einstein had a computer before the big bang?

zeebo

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 08, 2018, 12:01:52 AM
Can you imagine if Einstein had a computer before the big bang?

Or even just a smartphone!

zeebo

Jojo

Quote from: expat on February 07, 2018, 09:06:45 AM
It is the right idiom if his conversation continues to be about cougars, sexy demons, bikini girls, attractive actresses, and former panty models.

the guests/topics just keep getting worse. i'd rather listen to 5 hours of Peter whatshisface reading UFO reports from the heartland, at least that's relaxing.

Jojo

Quote from: Jojo on February 08, 2018, 01:06:26 AM
It is the right idiom if his conversation continues to be about cougars, sexy demons, bikini girls, attractive actresses, and former panty models.
And Swedish women, cave women, and female MTV video performers.

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 08, 2018, 03:16:49 AM
the guests/topics just keep getting worse. i'd rather listen to 5 hours of Peter whatshisface reading UFO reports from the heartland, at least that's relaxing.
Same here.  At least he seems interested in what he's doing, unlike Jorch, who's just counting the minutes until he and Tommee are skipping out the door for turkee sammiches and Twinkies.