• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 11, 2018, 06:27:44 PM

He can't read, has a vocabulary that would shame the average ten year old. Has the temperament of a toddler who stamps his little fists. Is a narcissistic, thin skinned, misogynist, racist moron...and you say he's the most qualified since Reagan? The sad thing is, you believe it.

Please say something about his hair because I cannot tell if you meant Obama or Trump.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 11, 2018, 06:27:44 PM

He can't read, has a vocabulary that would shame the average ten year old. Has the temperament of a toddler who stamps his little fists. Is a narcissistic, thin skinned, misogynist, racist moron...and you say he's the most qualified since Reagan? The sad thing is, you believe it.

You sound like a Welsh woman to me. :D

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 11, 2018, 06:14:05 PM
Just because you agree 100% doesn't make him right. Talk like that (which is pretty normal for Trump, lets face it) will come back to bite his ass.

"IF we vet the immigrants"... Speaking from my first hand experience, immigrants are vetted. It takes ten months, minimum, longer if you start from abroad, it can be as long as two years.. Whatever BS Trump campaigned on and continues to believe, is not reflected in the reality. But then 'reality' and what Trump 'thinks' aren't best friends.
You had a shitty lawyer if it took you 2 years to flee to the country even though you are a UK citizen (presumably with funds, no criminal history, and not diseased) married to a US citizen? But, I think, you could've even just come over as tourist and returned home now and then. Assuming you aren't working (and then get the company to sponsor and it takes less than 2 years- believe me) or trying to bilk public funds. Or come over on a K-3 and processed your immigration paperwork while here. But I thought you weren't fleeing here permanently but just temporarily until a pension kicks in. Then why bother with all of it and just come as a tourist and return home sometimes (or, you don't have to return home, but take a quick trip to Canada or Mexico.) I think that still works.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on January 11, 2018, 06:36:44 PM
You had a shitty lawyer if it took you 2 years to flee to the country even though you are a UK citizen (presumably with funds, no criminal history, and not diseased) married to a US citizen? But, I think, you could've even just come over as tourist and returned home now and then. Assuming you aren't working (and then get the company to sponsor and it takes less than 2 years- believe me) or trying to bilk public funds. Or come over on a K-3 and processed your immigration paperwork while here. But I thought you weren't fleeing here permanently but just temporarily until a pension kicks in. Then why bother with all of it and just come as a tourist and return home sometimes (or, you don't have to return home, but take a quick trip to Canada or Mexico.) I think that still works.

Can you read? Seriously? It took me ten months from file to Green card. And don't think, it lets you down badly. As for the rest, you know about as much as Trump about the process, and I frankly can't be arsed to go through it with you.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 11, 2018, 06:19:59 PM
Trump's the most qualified president since Reagan...and before that Kennedy. We only get these guys once every few generations. Let's not blow it this time.  ;)

Here's more insight into Trump's qualifications.. The bill that had taken months and was bi partisan was (obviously) discussed on Fox. Trump gets all his news and policy from Fox and couldn't resist making it about him....

One of the bizarre hallmarks of Donald Trump’s first year as president has been the frequency with which he blindsides his own aides. White House staffers routinely discover dramatic changes to the Trump administration’s position based on tweets published by their erratic boss, which in turn makes their jobs far more difficult.

This morning’s Trump tweet, however, published in response to a Fox News segment, was especially bizarre:

“House votes on controversial FISA ACT today.” This is the act that may have been used, with the help of the discredited and phony Dossier, to so badly surveil and abuse the Trump Campaign by the previous administration and others?

First, the dossier isn’t phony and hasn’t been discredited. Second, people close to him were reportedly caught up in regular ol’ FISA wiretaps, not the 702 policy that Congress is weighing. Third, there’s no evidence of any “abuse” involving surveillance of people in Trump’s orbit.

But even if we put all of that aside, what was especially amazing about this was Trump criticizing an intelligence tool that the Trump administration supports. Indeed, the White House issued a statement late yesterday encouraging Congress to extend the 702 policy. The statement came on the heels of Trump’s CIA director, Mike Pompeo, hitting the Sunday shows over the weekend, talking up his support for the policy.

In other words, the president, eager to bolster a ridiculous conspiracy theory, undercut his own team, mindlessly criticizing a policy he’s supposed to support, based on a Fox News segment he apparently didn’t understand. (what a surprise!!) Or as Steve Vladeck‏ put it, “Just to be clear, [Trump] is objecting to Congress’s renewal of a piece of important national security legislation because of a completely invented scandal about how an unrelated provision of the same underlying statute (FISA) was allegedly (but not really) abused.”

Making matters slightly worse, a senior House Republican source told NBC News this morning that the president’s tweet “is an issue” ahead of today’s House vote.

If Trump hoped to silence questions about his fitness for office, he’s going in the wrong direction.

That said, someone apparently told the president that he’d just criticized the policy he supports, so Trump returned to Twitter with another message. “With that being said, I have personally directed the fix to the unmasking process since taking office and today’s vote is about foreign surveillance of foreign bad guys on foreign land,” he wrote nearly two hours after the original tweet. “We need it! Get smart!”

I don’t imagine the president wants my advice, but perhaps he should avoid phrases such as, “Get smart.”

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 11, 2018, 06:40:00 PM
Can you read? Seriously? It took me ten months from file to Green card. And don't think, it lets you down badly. As for the rest, you know about as much as Trump about the process, and I frankly can't be arsed to go through it with you.
Right. Nobody in Austin has to deal with VISAs. Ha.ha. I guarantee you we get people from even real "shithole" countries, like Pakistan, here and working, or studying, in less than 2 years. You have a crappy lawyer or something in your background, paperwork, or timing was off. Knew a gal who worked in London doing immigration work and you could get this done really fast (but her was specialty work not for long term residency but for temporary things like sports or filming movies. P-1 VISAs and the like and the are granted also much quicker than your "two years.")  Actually most of the city hates Trump because he talks at least of making it harder to bring foreign students and IT workers over here and making more "hoops" and limits on H-1Bs or F/Ms so companies and the Universities don't like that because cheaper labor, deep pockets, or needed skills.

Also, your story changed noticeably. Originally it was fled here so your wife and you can be together before she gets her pension, a worthy cause, implication I got as once pension is assured to return home with your blushin bride to live out your golden years in paradise of Yorkshire. NOW you are talking fleeing for permanent residency and working here with, maybe citizenship in the future?. Now you are talking "green card." A different animal but still doable and I find it hard it would take that long if your story is true.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on January 11, 2018, 07:08:58 PM
Right. Nobody in Austin has to deal with VISAs. Ha.ha. I guarantee you we get people from even real "shithole" countries, like Pakistan, here and working, or studying, in less than 2 years. You have a crappy lawyer or something in your background, paperwork, or timing was off. Knew a gal who worked in London doing immigration work and you could get this done really fast (but her was specialty work not for long term residency but for temporary things like sports or filming movies. P-1 VISAs and the like and the are granted also much quicker than your "two years.")  Actually most of the city hates Trump because he talks at least of making it harder to bring foreign students and IT workers over here and making more "hoops" and limits on H-1Bs or F/Ms so companies and the Universities don't like that because cheaper labor, deep pockets, or needed skills.

Also, your story changed noticeably. Originally it was fled here so your wife and you can be together before she gets her pension, a worthy cause, implication I got as once pension is assured to return home with your blushin bride to live out your golden years in paradise of Yorkshire. NOW you are talking fleeing for permanent residency and working here with, maybe citizenship in the future?. Now you are talking "green card." A different animal but still doable and I find it hard it would take that long if your story is true.

No, you said I fled here, I didn't. Most of what you're saying makes me think you've been drinking. Duel citizenship (for both of us) is a possibility. And?

Laurakinch

Quote from: albrecht on January 11, 2018, 07:08:58 PM

You obviously know nothing about the US immigration process nor our future plans.

Please go fuck yourself.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 11, 2018, 07:15:36 PM
No, you said I fled here, I didn't. Most of what you're saying makes me think you've been drinking. Duel citizenship (for both of us) is a possibility. And?
Dual citizenship is the best. Though "duel" citizenship could also be interesting. Introduce an element of holmgang to the process. (Actually this was done, of a sort, by a Mexican cartel who, for fun, forced the illegals to fight to the death with hammers and such. Depending on the version of events apparently some coyotes were transporting illegals through a plaza of a non-affiliated cartel. Or it was a move to terrorize the region and get new recruits. Either way horrible. After the "games" they were buried in a mass grave and "winners" supposedly made to join.)
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2011/04/nightmare-of-massacre-in-san-fernando.html#more

In some ways the process to become an illegal is a trial by ordeal.
Death trains, competing cartels, rape and sex trafficking, corruption in government, drug trade, and all the environmental stuff. The Open-Border Doctrine is horrible for human rights abuses.

albrecht

Quote from: Laurakinch on January 11, 2018, 07:20:38 PM
You obviously know nothing about the US immigration process nor our future plans.

Please go fuck yourself.
You can find all the information here:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate.html
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/immigrant-investor-visas.html
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/employment-based-immigrant-visas.html
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process.html
But it is usually easier to get your employer's HR to do the paperwork (if it is worked based) or hire an attorney (they are a dime a dozen these days and even advertise frequently.)

I don't care about your future plans but wish you both the best.

Gd5150

Quote from: Laurakinch on January 11, 2018, 07:20:38 PM

Please go fuck yourself.

Such foul language for such a pristine girl.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 11, 2018, 09:08:54 PM
Such foul language for such a pristine girl.

You should see her punch; Or rather you wouldn't.  ;)

Gd5150

Quote from: albrecht on January 11, 2018, 07:38:08 PM

I don't care about your future plans but wish you both the best.

No respectable female would knowingly be with someone who spends as much time on here As Pud. Assuming MD and Swishy have a significant others, it’s highly unlikely their others have any idea they are wasting their lives on here. Laura on the other hand knows Pud is here 24/7, which means she either really doesn’t exist, or she’s the biggest loser in history incapable of leaving. Right up there with other female doormats like Hillary and Huma. Either way it means she and Pud are a joke.

Gd5150

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 11, 2018, 04:30:12 PM

Oh, so you are for net neutrality after all?

Net neutrality had zero to do with free speech.

Thank you for confirming your ignorance. 👍🏼

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 11, 2018, 09:20:20 PM
Net neutrality had zero to do with free speech.

Really? So if you ISP decides it won't allow you to watch and listen to something on the bandwidth that makes it load properly because that site doesn't have the muula to get out of the cheap seats, that isn't curtailing your right to watch and listen to it?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 11, 2018, 09:17:15 PM
No respectable female would knowingly be with someone who spends as much time on here As Pud. Assuming MD and Swishy have a significant others, it’s highly unlikely their others have any idea they are wasting their lives on here. Laura on the other hand knows Pud is here 24/7, which means she either really doesn’t exist, or she’s the biggest loser in history incapable of leaving. Right up there with other female doormats like Hillary and Huma. Either way it means she and Pud are a joke.

How can you possibly have an opinion you fucking virgin? I'm not here 24/7 duffass. MD doesn't have a significant self let alone other-such as you. Now....

Fuck off and play with your trains...

I think we should all give each other a hug and go to that happy place and I'm not talking about those shithole countries.

Jeff Bezos is a piece of shit. Fuck all Americans with children they can't afford to send to college. Just fuck 'em. But let's reward anyone who broke the law for decades and has been sponging off the American taxpayer also for decades. I hope there is blowback to Amazon's bottom line over this shit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersandeducation/jeff-bezos-donates-dollar33-million-in-college-scholarships-for-dreamers/ar-AAuBfZE?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Juan

I thought Swishy and MDy were their significant others.

Up All Night

The FCC will be investigating...

Accidental Incoming "Not a Drill" Hawaiian Missile Alert 13JAN2018

On Sunday, Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai called the false alert “absolutely unacceptable” and said a full investigation was “well underway.” At least initially, Pai seemed to cast blame on state-level officials for the error.

“Based on the information we have collected so far, it appears that the government of Hawaii did not have reasonable safeguards or process controls in place to prevent the transmission of a false alert,” Pai said in a statement. “Federal, state, and local officials throughout the country need to work together to identify any vulnerabilities to false alerts and do what’s necessary to fix them. We also must ensure that corrections are issued immediately in the event that a false alert does go out.”

Pai did not elaborate on what safeguards or process controls were lacking in Hawaii that might typically be in place elsewhere.

Shortly after 8 a.m. local time Saturday morning, an employee at the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency settled in at the start of his shift. Among his duties that day was to initiate an internal test of the emergency missile warning system: essentially, to practice sending an emergency alert to the public without actually sending it to the public.

Around 8:05 a.m., the Hawaii emergency employee initiated the internal test, according to a timeline released by the state. From a drop-down menu on a computer program, he saw two options: “Test missile alert” and “Missile alert.” He was supposed to choose the former; as much of the world now knows, he chose the latter, an initiation of a real-life missile alert.

“In this case, the operator selected the wrong menu option,” HEMA spokesman Richard Rapoza told The Washington Post on Sunday.

On Saturday, Ripoza said, the employee was asked in the computer program to confirm that he wanted to send the message.

“In the past there was no cancellation button. There was no false alarm button at all,” Rapoza said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/01/14/hawaii-missile-alert-how-one-employee-pushed-the-wrong-button-and-caused-a-wave-of-panic/

Up All Night

Quote from: Up All Night on January 15, 2018, 02:24:12 AM
The FCC will be investigating...

Accidental Incoming "Not a Drill" Hawaiian Missile Alert 13JAN2018

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/01/13/breaking-news/emergency-officials-mistakenly-send-out-missile-threat-alert/

Here's some good comments:

"This system we have been told to rely upon failed and failed miserably today."
The system did not fail. It worked how it was supposed to. An idiot failed twice & he should be reassigned to taking out the trash.

""There is a screen that says, 'Are you sure you want to do this?'" Miyagi said. The employee confirmed the alert, " >>> and then an article states that the employee will be "re-trained". This wasn't a matter of him NOT KNOWING what to do - he just didn't PAY ATTENTION. Chose not not pay attention. Should NOT be anywhere NEAR this equipment as such.
ALSO, MY phone received the warning while ALL OTHERS in my household, SAME carrier, and all were on, did not receive the warning.

Just waiting to see how many lawsuits will be filed against the state for injuries or trauma due to this fiasco. You all know it's going to happen.

Too much inbreeding in the State and City.  :D

We are told to tune in to our local radio and tv stations in case of emergency, so why did officials post the false alarm notice on Instagram and Facebook? Nothing appeared local stations for a long time. I got faster news from CNN.

Just watched Tulsi blame Trump's administration for the panic caused by an inept state agency run by inept Democrats. Typical, blame everybody but yourself.

Miyagi and his team should resign and instead go get jobs as security ushers at Aloha stadium.

The "I Survive t-shirts" will be available at stall 4D32 at Aloha Flea Market tommorrow. 'S M L XL XXL and XXXL.

If there was a checklist during the change of shift, then this checklist that was supposed to prevent this type of mistake is WORTHLESS!!!

Darn, I wasted an entire roll of tin foil wrapping myself up. Oh well, at least I have a nice hat I can keep for the next time.

Up All Night

Jeb wants to support a Romney run for the Senate.

A password for the Hawaii emergency agency was hiding in a public photo, written on a Post-it note

On Saturday, people in Hawaii were awakened by a terrifying false alert about an inbound missile. Hawaii's Emergency Management Agency has said a worker clicked the wrong item in a drop-down menu and sent it, and that its system was not hacked.

Quote"It was a mistake made during a standard procedure at the changeover of a shift, and an employee pushed the wrong button," Gov. David Ige said.

But a photo from July that recently resurfaced on Twitter has raised questions about the agency's cybersecurity practices.

In it, the agency's operations officer poses in front of a battery of screens. Attached to one is a password written on a Post-it note.

http://www.businessinsider.com/hawaii-emergency-agency-password-discovered-in-photo-sparks-security-criticism-2018-1?utm_content=buffer36bb6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-bi

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Radio Activity on January 16, 2018, 04:14:04 PM
A password for the Hawaii emergency agency was hiding in a public photo, written on a Post-it note

On Saturday, people in Hawaii were awakened by a terrifying false alert about an inbound missile. Hawaii's Emergency Management Agency has said a worker clicked the wrong item in a drop-down menu and sent it, and that its system was not hacked.

http://www.businessinsider.com/hawaii-emergency-agency-password-discovered-in-photo-sparks-security-criticism-2018-1?utm_content=buffer36bb6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-bi

How can anyone be worried when security experts like this are on the job?! ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: Up All Night on January 15, 2018, 03:43:31 AM
http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/01/13/breaking-news/emergency-officials-mistakenly-send-out-missile-threat-alert/

Here's some good comments:

"This system we have been told to rely upon failed and failed miserably today."
The system did not fail. It worked how it was supposed to. An idiot failed twice & he should be reassigned to taking out the trash.

""There is a screen that says, 'Are you sure you want to do this?'" Miyagi said. The employee confirmed the alert, " >>> and then an article states that the employee will be "re-trained". This wasn't a matter of him NOT KNOWING what to do - he just didn't PAY ATTENTION...

Miyagi and his team should resign and instead go get jobs as security ushers at Aloha stadium...
Just don't let them near NORAD.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on January 16, 2018, 04:43:47 PM
Just don't let them near NORAD.

It's time to put a truly sensible man in charge!

Gd5150

Ignore just 2 losers users and this happens. Lmfao!