• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Most hated radio commercials anyone?

Started by rolindos, August 22, 2011, 02:21:30 PM

rolindos

Which commercials do they overplay, or that you dislike the most?

I'll start with the Public Service announcement where the old lady cashier screeches;
"I can help the next customer over here!", it's something about baby car seats,
heard on 1190 KEX. 
Here's a link to another of their ads,  I hate this one almost as much;

http://www.adcouncil.org/video.asp?cid=602&campaign=Reconnecting%20Kids%20with%20Nature&url=http://www.adcouncil.org/files/radio_files/forest/forest_forestanimals.wma&title=Forest%20Animals

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on August 22, 2011, 03:46:37 PM
This. And it's not even close.

1877 Kars 4 Kids Theme Song (HD)

/thread

Oh yeah. Just brutal. Makes one pray to be hit by a speeding car.

PSA's are generally horrific...There's one for the National Guard that aired incessantly from 2007-2010, there's another PSA for child safety with a Moms Mabley soundalike yelling "Amba Alert!".

Frys Girl

I listen to KFI stream through the iPhone App, and they have some of the worst commercials I've ever heard. Bad jingles, sentimental for profit college ads, and NOORY saying "you're listening to KFI." Crap. You name it, they have it.

Frys Girl

"Safe light repair! Safe light replace!"  :-\ :'(

WOTR

At any given time there is always a commercial that causes me to change the station or turn the radio off.  For now, it is a Murphy bed commercial.  The announcer is "surprised" by the information that this company offers a superior mechanism.  He asks "so the mechanism does matter? I was told that it didn't."  The lady giving the information replies "yes, it does matter... it's like being told that you don't need to change the oil in your car."

HOW!!!  How is it like being told that you don't need to change your oil?!?  A better analogy would be "it is like being told that a Volkswagen is the same as a Porsche."  But no matter how hard you reach, it is NOT related in any way to how you service your blasted car.

I know that I always think far too much about what is being said and what advertisers, media and announcers try to feed me.  I have been told on many occasions that I can not (should not) be so critical.  But people need to stop treating me like an idiot (especially when they are trying to sell me something.

There, I feel better... Thanks for the topic.

*** I also despise a commercial presently running for eco water systems that starts with a woman screaming (in a whiny, nasal voice) Honnnnnnney! (followed by her demanding the husband bring salt.)  If I wanted to listen to some dumb, whiny person I would be married.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 23, 2011, 08:54:41 PM
"Safe light repair! Safe light replace!"  :-\ :'(

I'll join you on that one--it gets stuck in my head on an endless, mindless loop. 

I'll also add that in one of the great ironies for Snoory, our station has Dr. Ari Somebody Or Other promoting vaccinating your kids.  Dr. Ari is pretty annoying, but I love it when she follows one of Snoory's anti-vaccination rants. 

rolindos

Quote from: Lovely Bones on August 28, 2011, 07:52:01 AM
I'll join you on that one--it gets stuck in my head on an endless, mindless loop. 

I'll also add that in one of the great ironies for Snoory, our station has Dr. Ari Somebody Or Other promoting vaccinating your kids.  Dr. Ari is pretty annoying, but I love it when she follows one of Snoory's anti-vaccination rants.

"Heritage for the blind, reminds you to be kind,
there's something you can do, for those who depend on you.
Call 1 800 donate cars, 1 800 donate cars, today, today!"

Stay away from this one if you can, it will never leave your mind once infected.

The General

doublemyspeed.com
doublemyspeed.com
doublemyspeed.com

FUCK THESE PEOPLE.  Only a total dumbass would believe that a website is going to double your computer's speed and make it 'run like new.'  Which is why their ad is geared at dumbasses.

onan

Quote from: The General on August 28, 2011, 10:16:17 AM
doublemyspeed.com
doublemyspeed.com
doublemyspeed.com

FUCK THESE PEOPLE.  Only a total dumbass would believe that a website is going to double your computer's speed and make it 'run like new.'  Which is why their ad is geared at dumbasses.
So I guess you won't be interested in my new fertility supplement for men:
Doublemyseed.com?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The General

Quote from: onan on August 28, 2011, 11:24:11 AM
So I guess you won't be interested in my new fertility supplement for men:
Doublemyseed.com?

Sent from my DROIDX
HA!  sounds great, where do I sign up?

Morgus

the absolute worst are the beta and master prostrate commercials.
next is the five hour energy one.

McPhallus

Some of the local ads are the worst.  I used to listen to a Canadian station to catch Coast but stopped because I couldn't stand the ads for some carpet place called "Wally Wemnit" or something like that.

Savage used to have an ad for one of those sites where you can "buy" things cheap but have to pay huge service fees.  Worst part is that he told you were a "moron" if you didn't sign up for the site.

Frys Girl

Quote from: McPhallus on August 28, 2011, 05:30:50 PM
Worst part is that he told you were a "moron" if you didn't sign up for the site.
Savage is hilarious. Lol.

The General

Quote from: McPhallus on August 28, 2011, 05:30:50 PM
Some of the local ads are the worst.  I used to listen to a Canadian station to catch Coast but stopped because I couldn't stand the ads for some carpet place called "Wally Wemnit" or something like that.

Savage used to have an ad for one of those sites where you can "buy" things cheap but have to pay huge service fees.  Worst part is that he told you were a "moron" if you didn't sign up for the site.
ha ha, "Don't be a shmuck! Don't be a moron!"

Morgus

Another annoying frequent commercial Noory promotes is that income at home scam.
He says to trust him, but won't reveal the name of the company thats behind it.
According to this source, its Herbalife the vitamin/supplement company.
Makes kinda sense Noory wants to get a cut of selling his fav turmeric pills.

Income at Home - Scam

Frys Girl

I had the misfortune of hearing the latest e foods direct commercial. That mushy hammy voiced owner came on and said "delicious beef straganov and dumplings and chili." I wanted to vomit.

M Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 01, 2011, 08:18:31 AM
I had the misfortune of hearing the latest e foods direct commercial. That mushy hammy voiced owner came on and said "delicious beef straganov and dumplings and chili." I wanted to vomit.

That facking sacks.

Lucinda Basset (sp?)  I am not feeling depressed at all till I hear her.

Eddie Coyle

"Ben Franklin" for Ask A FreeMason.org. It annoys me so much that I now believe every outlandish accusation hurled at them.

It reminds me of that mental defective imbecile who was dressing up as Tom Paine a few years back. And completely taking Paine out of context to fit into a Glenn Beck paradigm. Yuck >:(

OilyManatee

No specifics, but the ads are the worst part about radio no doubt.

There is one voice actor here that has the most annoying voice. He adds too much expression in a formula he applies to everything he says. You can literally mimic his highs and lows and apply it to all the ads hes part of.

Add the ease of adding effects like delay and reverb and pitch shifting, telephones ringing, sirens, buzzers, canned laughter and cheering crowds and something is created that makes you turn off the radio as soon as you hear it starting. Its like the kids editing the ads just go down a checklist and randomly apply useless and ear damaging effects.

I have literally ended a evening of radio enjoyment because I had to hear this guy once too many times.

There should be a rule that commercials only play once per show. And once they play for a month, they are retired for good. The voices should then be rotated out to another city lol.

ivabgn

:o doublemyspeed.com (please kill them) ,so impressive pesident garage doors  ( never buy) , the spitting " postate ",& that puke kids4kars dingle,& i love kids. oh,lest i forget. the hairgrowing shampoo. lady , i do'nt care if your hair is spun gold. your pussy reeks.

McPhallus

Now that I think about it, pretty much ANY ad that comes on at a significantly louder volume than whatever show or music is being broadcast.  In these days of streaming radio apps with hundredsnif choices, I'll just skip the whole station.

On a related note, the pop-up ads on Pandora are getting a bit irritating.

Frys Girl

Riverside Motor Autogroup has the worse jingle!

System Pavers sucks too. The ad used to repeat "System Pavers" three times at the end and KFI cut it to once thank GOD!

The General

Does anybody else find this radio ad from HUD highly offensive?  Why must everything be viewed through a prism of race?  What if I want to live in a non diverse community?  Is that some kind of crime now?  Why does the government try to tell us how to think?  I find this creepy and Orwellian.

Harmness

I am convinced that most radio ads are paid for by competitors of the companies advertised to drive people away from those products.

Harmness

Oh, and to the goofy bitch on the Adam and Eve ads:  You don't sound sexy, you sound asthmatic.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: The General on March 15, 2012, 04:16:48 PM
Does anybody else find this radio ad from HUD highly offensive?  Why must everything be viewed through a prism of race?  What if I want to live in a non diverse community?  Is that some kind of crime now?  Why does the government try to tell us how to think?  I find this creepy and Orwellian.

I have commented on this garbage before.  It is written by mental invalids.  Take the logic by itself... every non-diverse community can be made "better" by making it have a "diversified" population.  Therefore, all black, asian, and hispanic predominant communities need to be made "better" by an in infusion of white folks?  Right?  This crap is the consequence of a steady reduction of critical thinking, logic and philosophy courses in US universities.  We aren't born with the ability to think well, it is a taught skill like any other mental or physical skill.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on March 15, 2012, 04:16:48 PM
HUD has destroyed more American neighborhoods than Al Qaeda could dream of. When you see the HUD "redevelopment" sign in your neighborhood, move that instant because your home's value can only sink. I see it first hand all the god damn time.

The General

The longer version of that HUD ad is even worse.  The accents are obviously faked.  And the dad says "And don't forget the Murphys."  God damn race obsessed social engineers and do-gooders ruin everything.