• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I Think Mish Shedlock is a Turd

Started by Gassy Man, July 09, 2011, 04:11:27 PM

Gassy Man

Turdlock was on and admitted somewhat obliquely that he wasn't right about the stock market -- big surprise, moron -- so why is he always being consulted?

Frys Girl

Quote from: Gassy Man on March 13, 2012, 11:21:48 PM
Turdlock was on and admitted somewhat obliquely that he wasn't right about the stock market -- big surprise, moron -- so why is he always being consulted?
Cuz it wouldn't be coast to coast am otherwise.

Gassy Man

Quote from: Frys Girl on March 14, 2012, 08:09:35 PM
Cuz it wouldn't be coast to coast am otherwise.
Ha!

Turdlock was just on babbling something.  Apparently he's an "independent" these days though he still sounds like he just listens in on those idiots Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly, and/or Cunningham and repeats what they say.

He is still the turd.

Ruteger

Any man or woman that names their child "Mish" should be immediately placed on a train headed to the nearest concentration camp.

b_dubb

Quote from: Ruteger on April 02, 2012, 05:17:33 PM
Any man or woman that names their child "Mish" should be immediately placed on a train headed to the nearest concentration camp.
boo

chosenbygrace

Beavis: Heh, turds. Yeh know, I kinda like turds. Heh, hehheheheh. Yeah, kinda like that brown color and plopping sound they make. Plop. Plop plop.

Butthead: Hheheheheheheh uh huhuehheheheheheh. Beavis, that's disgusting. Stop talking about turds right now.

Beavis: Okay, turd.

Butthead: Beavis...

Art_s Farts

"The Turd" will be on C2C this Wednesday 4/11/12

Morgus

Quote from: Art_s Farts on April 09, 2012, 08:59:43 AM
Noory was reporting on measured recent global temperature rises, and as usual Mish and Noory kept pushing their idea that its all just a "cycle"
Noory probably doesn't even know what a "cycle" is - he just uses it as his buzzword.
As if a cycle isn't anything to worry about.
Droughts and drying up of farming land due to the super heat isn't a problem according to Noory just because its part of his idea of a "cycle"  :P

blackshap9

Quote from: Morgus on April 10, 2012, 04:13:37 PM
Noory was reporting on measured recent global temperature rises, and as usual Mish and Noory kept pushing their idea that its all just a "cycle"
Noory probably doesn't even know what a "cycle" is - he just uses it as his buzzword.
As if a cycle isn't anything to worry about.
Droughts and drying up of farming land due to the super heat isn't a problem according to Noory just because its part of his idea of a "cycle"  :P
Thank you Morgus for telling it exactly 100% how it is.

Georges "cycle" bullshit reminds me of a civil rights era bus driver saying, "Just sit in the back. Don't cause any trouble. All the seats are the same."

Who cares about what is causing global warming. No one wins that argument.

The real question that we should be asking is; What are we going to do about it now it is happening?

Here's a link to Lester R. Brown's website. He avoids the finger pointing exercise of who's right and who's wrong and is actually trying to solve what is a real big problem.

http://www.earth-policy.org/

His book is a must read.

Art_s Farts

Quote from: Art_s Farts on April 09, 2012, 08:59:43 AM

"The Turd" got flushed. I don't listen when Noory is on but reading the show summary, he was not mentioned at all.

michio

Quote from: blackshap9 on April 10, 2012, 04:27:23 PM
Thank you Morgus for telling it exactly 100% how it is.

Georges "cycle" bullshit reminds me of a civil rights era bus driver saying, "Just sit in the back. Don't cause any trouble. All the seats are the same."

Who cares about what is causing global warming. No one wins that argument.

The real question that we should be asking is; What are we going to do about it now it is happening?

Noory's "cycle" is a monotonous rejection of science and his arrogant ignorance.  I disagree with you on the following item, however. If you don't know what is causing and/or contributing to a problem you can't expect to find a permanent solution to the problem. You are doomed to repeat the very things that caused the problem in the first place. That's why it's crucial to end this bullshat "debate" that isn't a debate at all, but an arrogant rejection of what scientific evidence and consensus has deduced about the causes of accelerated GW.

stevesh

Shedlock's appearances have become mostly a way for him to beg for money to pay for his wife's (daughter's ?) medical bills. Last night he announced a sweepstakes for that purpose. Sad and embarrassing.

blackshap9

Quote from: michio on April 17, 2012, 12:12:01 AM
Noory's "cycle" is a monotonous rejection of science and his arrogant ignorance.  I disagree with you on the following item, however. If you don't know what is causing and/or contributing to a problem you can't expect to find a permanent solution to the problem. You are doomed to repeat the very things that caused the problem in the first place. That's why it's crucial to end this bullshat "debate" that isn't a debate at all, but an arrogant rejection of what scientific evidence and consensus has deduced about the causes of accelerated GW.
???
Do you know who Lester R. Brown is? He is the most respected person in the field worldwide. Every leader on the planet has spoken with him. He's the only American to ever be invited to China to give them advice on the subject. You are not disagreeing with me; you are disagreeing with one of the most respected environmentalist on the planet. I suggest that you at least google his name and do a little research into the 50 books he wrote on the subject that have been translated into more than forty languages. He is the recipient of 26 honorary degrees and described by the Washington Post as one of the world's most influential thinkers on the subject in our time. His book Plan B is the most important book ever written on the subject. I suggest you read it.

tmock00

Quote from: stevesh on April 17, 2012, 04:00:39 AM
Shedlock's appearances have become mostly a way for him to beg for money to pay for his wife's (daughter's ?) medical bills. Last night he announced a sweepstakes for that purpose. Sad and embarrassing.

Shedlock's wife has Lou Gehrig's Disease.

A few months ago, Noory was asking listeners to donate money for the daughter of Mitch Barros, whose daughter had some sort of heart problems when she was born.  Later, I believe Noory said upwards of something like $18,000 was raised by the C2C audience to help defray medical costs.

They should change the name of the first hour of the show to the George Noory Hour of Power.

fysisist

^^^ exactly.  So what about the rest of us?  If you or I have a family member with some bad disease or illness that is going to result in sky-high medical bills, can we ask George Noory to promote our cause and start a fund in the name of the affected?  Or is it only if you are a lunatic with some crazy economic theory or perpetual doom-and-gloom naysayer?  Noory is a jackass. 

fabucat

Quote from: stevesh on April 17, 2012, 04:00:39 AM

So "Shitlock", a radical libertarian who bashes institutions like Medicare, Social Security and unions, goes on radio and begs for people to pay for his family's medical bills?

I thought that with those kinds of views, he'd be independently wealthy enough to take care of himself.

Actually, there are provisions in the Affordable Care Act (for as long as it stands) which Shedlock could take advantage of.  He just hates Obama so much, he won't do it.  Instead, he goes on radio and begs.  Screw him.

tmock00

Quote from: fysisist on April 17, 2012, 01:00:48 PM
^^^ exactly.  So what about the rest of us?  If you or I have a family member with some bad disease or illness that is going to result in sky-high medical bills, can we ask George Noory to promote our cause and start a fund in the name of the affected?  Or is it only if you are a lunatic with some crazy economic theory or perpetual doom-and-gloom naysayer?  Noory is a jackass.

Here are two possible solutions -   

1) I think in the "Hour of Power," everyone should have an opportunity to call into the show. Each caller who gets on the air receives 5 minutes to share their story, give out the appropriate contact info, and then sit back and wait for the donations to roll in.

2) Why not hold a raffle once a week?  George could pick a name out of a hat every Friday, go to their house on the weekend, and lay his hands on the afflicted for an immediate cure.

fabucat

Quote from: tmock00 on April 17, 2012, 07:37:24 PM
Here are two possible solutions -   

1) I think in the "Hour of Power," everyone should have an opportunity to call into the show. Each caller who gets on the air receives 5 minutes to share their story, give out the appropriate contact info, and then sit back and wait for the donations to roll in.

2) Why not hold a raffle once a week?  George could pick a name out of a hat every Friday, go to their house on the weekend, and lay his hands on the afflicted for an immediate cure.

Does anyone recall that awful game show "Queen for a Day"?  George could be "Queen of the Radio." 

Gassy Man

When Turdlock started explaining about his wife, I felt some sympathy.  Certainly no one who has to undergo such challenges doesn't deserve understanding.  But then he starts his usual railing about government employees and the like and it gets less possible to sympathize with him when he is so unsympathetic toward others for his own gain.                                                                                             

stevesh

Quote from: fabucat on April 17, 2012, 01:13:09 PM

Actually, there are provisions in the Affordable Care Act (for as long as it stands)

That would be until June when the sane part of the Supreme Court finds the individual mandate unconstitutional.

Juan Cena

Mish was just on blaming Obamacare for Sears closing stores. Gimmie a break. Sears is going down because of decades of mishandling after being bought by Edward S. Lampart's holding company. He's totally mishandled the brand, helping to tank both it and K-Mart.

maureen

Quote from: MV on January 24, 2012, 11:02:42 AM
i found out sunday night i'm going to be a father.  i think we'll name the baby mish shedlock vandeven.
delightful news, Michael! blessings on both of you  :D

yumyumtree

I'm pretty sure that Shedlock was the one who said that food stamp recipients should be limited to certain foods, certain sections of the supermarket, or maybe even their own stores(shades of the former Soviet Union). I understand that there are excesses in the food assistance program, but I think that there are better ways to rein it in. Although I'm conservative, I stray off the reservation on this one. I think that the food stamp program is O K and generally works. Is there fraud? Of course, and there should be zero tolerance for it. But man, if you want to wave a red flag in front of a bull, get on a food benefit discussion thread on a conservative forum. A lot of them go completely nuts on this topic( on talk radio too). And sometimes they don't have their facts straight. They have a disproportionate concern over this I think when you compare it with excesses in other areas of government(um , the Pentagon?)
So that's why I don't like Mish Shedlock too much. I think it probably is his real name, though. It's probably short for something. Gerald Celente is my favorite of all of George's so called economic advisors. I don't always agree with him and he's a bit of a Johnny one note sometimes but I still enjoy him.

thexfile

Mish Shedlock is just another rightly water carrying social turd Nazi. He wants to lick the sweat off of Rush's studio chair.

Gassy Man

Ugh, Turdlock was just on . . . and sounded more frantic and disparaging than he usually does.

Gassy Man

Turdlock -- what exactly are his qualifications to do financial consulting or reporting?

Quote from: yumyumtree on January 26, 2014, 10:23:32 PM
I'm pretty sure that Shedlock was the one who said that food stamp recipients should be limited to certain foods, certain sections of the supermarket, or maybe even their own stores(shades of the former Soviet Union). I understand that there are excesses in the food assistance program, but I think that there are better ways to rein it in. Although I'm conservative, I stray off the reservation on this one. I think that the food stamp program is O K and generally works. Is there fraud? Of course, and there should be zero tolerance for it. But man, if you want to wave a red flag in front of a bull, get on a food benefit discussion thread on a conservative forum. A lot of them go completely nuts on this topic( on talk radio too). And sometimes they don't have their facts straight. They have a disproportionate concern over this I think when you compare it with excesses in other areas of government(um , the Pentagon?)
So that's why I don't like Mish Shedlock too much. I think it probably is his real name, though. It's probably short for something. Gerald Celente is my favorite of all of George's so called economic advisors. I don't always agree with him and he's a bit of a Johnny one note sometimes but I still enjoy him.

Well said, YumYum!  As a liberal, I appreciate your candor and honesty about conservative over-reaction to social welfare programs.  Similarly, I think that institutional welfare does rob the human spirit of grit, ambition, motivation.  I do not think that this is the goal of social welfare programs (as some conservatives have postulated, claiming it is part of a democratic scheme to keep people of color voting democratic).  However, I think conservatives are correct when they point out that genuinely institutional welfare is not a good thing for a modern society.  I suspect that a number of liberals would agree on that point though.

We are more than just our political affiliation, yes?  I lean pretty far left on many areas but a little rightward on a few, too.  It's when we have knee-jerk reactions and automatically cling to our party perspective that we can get into trouble (at least that's my view).

VtaGeezer

I don't recall Shedlock or Celente ever accurately forecasting anything about the market or the economy on C2C.   I think their reputations were established with the Stopped Clock Theory of Economics.  Those who used these jokers for investment advice bought gold at 1800 and are still waiting for the stock market to come back.