• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

FRIDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN JUN 17

Started by anagrammy, June 17, 2011, 10:58:39 PM

anagrammy

Quote from: JustOneFix on June 18, 2011, 08:24:59 PM
Did anyone else catch Noron's pronunciation of "futon"? He called it a "Footchieon" which I thought was hilarious. It took him 2 more tries to get it right. Unreal.

I did notice he seemed to be talking slower than normal, I guess so he wouldn't fuck up like usual. It didn't work.

His past mispronunciations have spawned an entire internet industry.  One of my personal favorites is when he tried to say "Sasquatch" and said instead, "Sauce-crotch", after a whole series of fumbled tries.

With few exceptions, Open Lines Friday is now the only time I listen.  I've got lots of unheard Art Bell shows and who needs the eardrum abuse of all the Aging Male and related ads.  Friday Night Countdown gives me a chance to catch up here on CoastGab....BTW, the "Countdown" refers to us counting down to when George Noory makes a the Big Gaffe.  I'm convinced that it will be on an Open Line Friday--being here on Countdown reminds me of folks gathering on the hills outside of Area 51, waiting for UFOs, cameras ready.

Do you think if Noory did a huge, say, anti-Semitic gaffe, that they would edit it out of the streamlink?  Does anybody know if they do or can edit the mp3?

Anagrammy

JustOneFix

Quote from: anagrammy on June 19, 2011, 10:17:53 AM

Do you think if Noory did a huge, say, anti-Semitic gaffe, that they would edit it out of the streamlink?  Does anybody know if they do or can edit the mp3?

Anagrammy

I'm sure one can edit MP3's with the right equipment.  I seldom listen to Snoron much anymore, since I've found my flash drives with a large collection of old Art Bell & Phil Hendrie shows. At least the old shows & hosts are always interesting!

aldousburbank

Quote from: anagrammy on June 17, 2011, 11:07:45 PM
Girlfriend, check this out.  This replaces streamlink and is FREEEEE!
It's run by this cool guy named Roy Turner, it's his hobby.  So well organized, so easy.

And, did  I say, FREE!

http://funklobaldy.fatcow.com/11757.html

Ana

Nice one- thanks very much!