• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

VtaGeezer

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 03, 2016, 05:27:47 PM
Corporations and other companies should be severely punished for hiring illegals.
This is the key, and the total failure  is on the GOP as the puppet of the US Chamber of Commerce.

whoozit

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 03, 2016, 05:48:49 PM
This is the key, and the total failure  is on the GOP as the puppet of the US Chamber of Commerce.
Don't forget the complicity of the Rotarians. ::)

VtaGeezer

Quote from: whoozit on June 03, 2016, 05:53:37 PM
Don't forget the complicity of the Rotarians. ::)
Are they ones with the ad on the back page of comics?

bateman

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on June 03, 2016, 05:47:40 PM
I can only imagine what it'll be like in Cleveland.

Just imagine the media firestorm if this was happening the other way around - MSNBC hosts would be literally frothing at the mouth if Trump supporters were showing up at Bernie rallies & beating the Bernouts.

whoozit

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 03, 2016, 05:55:47 PM
Are they ones with the ad on the back page of comics?
I'm not sure.  I'm also scared of Elk, Moose and other such critters.  And things that lay eggs.  Eggs are evil.

aldousburbank

Quote from: bateman on June 03, 2016, 05:56:38 PM
Just imagine the media firestorm if this was happening the other way around - MSNBC hosts would be literally frothing at the mouth if Trump supporters were showing up at Bernie rallies & beating the Bernouts.

It would clearly be a federal "hate crime" issue.

bateman

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 03, 2016, 06:02:56 PM
It would clearly be a federal "hate crime" issue.

No doubt. I don't know whatever happened to "the tolerant left", but it does not appear to exist anymore, if it ever existed at all. These are people who are happy to use violence on those they disagree with. They despise members of groups they claim to support (women, minorities) whose opinions differ and their hate for them exceeds even their opponents because they view them as traitors. They're perfectly tolerant of your opinion, so long as you agree with them.

Value Of Pi

You know, reading this thread, one might think that people watching these protests have two choices: support the protesters or support the guy they're protesting. In reality, most people support neither.

The middle ground in this debate (and most debates these days) tends to get ignored. And somewhere in that middle ground lies the best solutions to our problems.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 03, 2016, 05:48:49 PM

You won't get an argument from me on that point.  I couldn't say it better.  I think Mark Levin calls them the US Chamber of Crony Capitalism.  On that point regarding the economy, I couldn't agree with him more.  I don't agree with him on tariffs and protectionism.

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 03, 2016, 05:52:12 PM

Right in the heart of Cuyahoga County, a hotbed of liberals.  Should be interesting.  Not as interesting as it would have been with a contested convention but still fun.

Quote from: bateman on June 03, 2016, 06:11:44 PM
No doubt. I don't know whatever happened to "the tolerant left", but it does not appear to exist anymore, if it ever existed at all. These are people who are happy to use violence on those they disagree with. They despise members of groups they claim to support (women, minorities) whose opinions differ and their hate for them exceeds even their opponents because they view them as traitors. They're perfectly tolerant of your opinion, so long as you agree with them.

What a crock of shit that turned out to be.  I don't use the term liberal for them anymore.  They are anything but.  Liberal implies an open mind, willing to listen to other people's views and discuss the merits and faults of  each of them.  That would describe me to a t. Leftists are anything but that.  It is their way or the highway. 

bateman

Trump won't win. At this point I'd like to see it, but it's not happening. He needs roughly a billion dollar war chest to compete with Hillary. Roger Stone said he raised $6 mil a few months ago and would need that every day until election day to amass that amount. Big $$ donors don't even know where to put their money because the campaign hasn't endorsed any particular PAC. Wait until Hillary is the nominee (if she doesn't get herself indicted) and watch the DNC machine completely steamroll him. Look at the electoral map. He needs PA, OH, FL, and even then he won't hit 270. He needs all the Romney states and then some.

Quote from: bateman on June 03, 2016, 08:59:24 PM
Trump won't win. At this point I'd like to see it, but it's not happening. He needs roughly a billion dollar war chest to compete with Hillary. Roger Stone said he raised $6 mil a few months ago and would need that amount every day until election day to amass that amount. Big $$ donors don't even know where to put their money because the campaign hasn't endorsed any particular PAC. Wait until Hillary is the nominee (if she doesn't get herself indicted) and watch the DNC machine completely steamroll him. Look at the electoral map. He needs PA, OH, FL, and even then he won't hit 270. He needs all the Romney states and then some.

It'll be a tough fight.  No doubt about it.  I think he does have an outside chance but certain things have to fall in place.  Florida and Ohio did pull more Republican voters during their primary than the Democrats did in theirs.  Pennsylvania is definitely tight.  The thing is I think Trump's base of support is a lot stronger than Hillary's.  She just does not get much traction outside of the South and Northeast.  However, the southern states are mostly red and Trump will win most of them. The western states are a wild card.  You'd think they would all go Democrat but I think there are going to be some surprises.

chefist

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 03, 2016, 08:53:43 PM
What a crock of shit that turned out to be.  I don't use the term liberal for them anymore.  They are anything but.  Liberal implies an open mind, willing to listen to other people's views and discuss the merits and faults of  each of them.  That would describe me to a t. Leftists are anything but that.  It is their way or the highway.

New rules for sure in this election...Rep's put up the ultimate white knight candidate in Romney last time...he got destroyed...why not try Trump? The alternative was a televangelist in Cruz...sure to be a loser...

Doesn't matter about the emails...if Clinton loses California, she will not become President...

Quote from: chefist on June 03, 2016, 09:14:18 PM
New rules for sure in this election...Rep's put up the ultimate white knight candidate in Romney last time...he got destroyed...why not try Trump? The alternative was a televangelist in Cruz...sure to be a loser...

Doesn't matter about the emails...if Clinton loses California, she will not become President...

I doubt Trump will ever win California.  That state is a leftist utopia save for the thousands of illegal/legal migrants in the central valley with no water or utilities.  I guarandamntee if Republicans were running the state, the mainstream media and leftists would be focusing on their plight and hammering the Republicans hard but since the Democrats run things, who cares?

What big hearts and wallets leftists have.

bateman

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 03, 2016, 09:12:12 PM
It'll be a tough fight.  No doubt about it.  I think he does have an outside chance but certain things have to fall in place.  Florida and Ohio did pull more Republican voters during their primary than the Democrats did in theirs.  Pennsylvania is definitely tight.  The thing is I think Trump's base of support is a lot stronger than Hillary's.  She just does not get much traction outside of the South and Northeast.  However, the southern states are mostly red and Trump will win most of them. The western states are a wild card.  You'd think they would all go Democrat but I think there are going to be some surprises.

Put it this way, the election is hers to lose. He has a very, very slim margin of error here, even though she's a horrible candidate. London betting markets have him under 30% likelihood of winning the White House. He needs a lot more money, he needs to flip battleground states and he can't lose the current level of support. Once Bernie concedes, she'll pick up another few million votes, rest assured, most of them will fall in line. If she picks him as VP, it's over.

chefist

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 03, 2016, 09:21:03 PM
I doubt Trump will ever win California.  That state is a leftist utopia save for the thousands of illegal/legal migrants in the central valley with no water or utilities.  I guarandamntee if Republicans were running the state, the mainstream media and leftists would be focusing on their plight and hammering the Republicans hard but since the Democrats run things, who cares?

What big hearts and wallets leftists have.

Clinton's record his her biggest hurdle...she will get grilled on Benghazi, Libya, etc...and the biggest story is taking corporate dollars from special interests to hide the fact that immigrants drive down labor costs domestically, and that companies are moving out of the country...Trump is bringing this fact to light...which I have seen personally in my career and have been warning people for years...

There are new rules in play this election...will be fun to watch...

Quote from: bateman on June 03, 2016, 09:22:27 PM
Put it this way, the election is hers to lose. He has a very, very slim margin of error here, even though she's a horrible candidate. London betting markets have him under 30% likelihood of winning the White House. He needs a lot more money, he needs to flip battleground states and he can't lose current level of support. Once Bernie concedes, she'll pick up another few million votes, rest assured, most of them will fall in line. If she picks him as VP, it's over.

What if Bernie doesn't concede without a bitter convention fight?  He might decline an invitation to join Clinton on a ticket unless he is the Presidential nominee.  He will never be President if Hillary has an 8 year run.  He'll be 82 years old and probably about ready to check into a nursing home that is if he is still alive. Where will disgruntled Bernie voters go?  Not to Hillary, that's for sure.

We shall see what happens but I hope her campaign goes down in flames.

chefist

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 03, 2016, 09:31:10 PM
What if Bernie doesn't concede without a bitter convention fight?  He might decline an invitation to join Clinton on a ticket unless he is the Presidential nominee.  He will never be President if Hillary has an 8 year run.  He'll be 82 years old and probably about ready to check into a nursing home that is if he is still alive. Where will disgruntled Bernie voters go?  Not to Hillary, that's for sure.

Bernie is the fly in the ointment...she has had to tack left...it may be her undoing...

Quote from: chefist on June 03, 2016, 09:29:16 PM
Clinton's record his her biggest hurdle...she will get grilled on Benghazi, Libya, etc...and the biggest story is taking corporate dollars from special interests to hide the fact that immigrants drive down labor costs domestically, and that companies are moving out of the country...Trump is bringing this fact to light...which I have seen personally in my career and have been warning people for years...

There are new rules in play this election...will be fun to watch...

Indeed it will.

Dr. MD MD

Sure they will. They'd rather turn to someone relatively close to their own political neighborhood than someone from a another planet. I'm not for her but she will be president and I believe bateman also called the VP correctly too.

bateman

Quote from: chefist on June 03, 2016, 09:32:17 PM
Bernie is the fly in the ointment...she has had to tack left...it may be her undoing...

She has been. Once she's the nominee she'll have to tack more to the center to pick up independents though, which will rile up the Bernie supporters. She doesn't have the easiest path to walk either, but she's in a much stronger position than Trump as I see it.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 03, 2016, 09:35:11 PM
Sure they will. They'd rather turn to someone relatively close to their own political neighborhood than someone from a another planet. I'm not for her but she will be president and I believe bateman also called the VP correctly too.

Maybe so.  Both Hillary and Trump's negatives are very high.  I know I'm already sick and tired of hearing her shrill loud voice give campaign speeches.

bateman

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/06/politics/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-vice-president/

bateman

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 03, 2016, 09:46:08 PM
Maybe so.  Both Hillary and Trump's negatives are very high.  I know I'm already sick and tired of hearing her shrill loud voice give campaign speeches.

I think the negatives cancel each other out.

aldousburbank

The proper adjectives to describe her voice have not yet been invented.

Quote from: bateman on June 03, 2016, 09:46:40 PM
I think the negatives cancel each other out.

I would agree with you on that.  There's not enough difference to speak of.  Many Americans are not enamored with the choices this year.  I do think a low turnout favors Trump while a high turnout favors Hillary.

Dr. MD MD

Me too! She's a total carpetbagger. Whatever way the wind blows. Not exactly the character of a leader but it's not like there's really a choice.