President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Asuka Langley

To be fair the soyboi had brain damage before he got knocked the fuck out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DSUuS9ew8o

K_Dubb

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on July 03, 2018, 05:38:54 PM
[/b]

I recall that was covered in a course I took while working on a degree that was billed as an “exegetical survey of the New Testament.”  I also recall that the prof. was a bit put off when I commented that it seemed to me that the church fathers allowed themselves to get all wrapped around the axle over an issue that would mean little to the average believer and the controversy amounted to a pissing contest between the representatives of God on earth.

To be fair to them monotheism was still relatively new; they wanted to make sure they were doing it right and not leading the souls entrusted to their care into grievous error but, yeah.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 03, 2018, 06:45:33 PM
To be fair to them monotheism was still relatively new; they wanted to make sure they were doing it right and not leading the souls entrusted to their care into grievous error but, yeah.

Yeah, he said something scholarly like that too. 

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 03, 2018, 04:20:06 PM
So, you said earlier that you didn't expect any anti-Trump push back from the establishment douche bags in the senate.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/03/politics/senate-intelligence-putin-donald-trump/index.html

Still think that? :D

I don't think I ever said that as a blanket statement.  In fact I've said many times Trump's counterproductive attacks on people who he needs support from is going to backfire over and over during his entire terms, and that he should stop.

I've said the majority of Rs will support him on certain things, regardless of his - in many cases unfounded - treatment of them

If you're going to refer to my comments, please be accurate.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on July 03, 2018, 07:00:58 PM
I don't think I ever said that as a blanket statement.  In fact I've said many times Trump's counterproductive attacks on people who he needs support from is going to backfire over and over during his entire terms, and that he should stop.

I've said the majority of Rs will support him on certain things, regardless of his - in many cases unfounded - treatment of them

If you're going to refer to my comments, please be accurate.

It was just a few days ago. I'm not going to dig for it but we both know you said it. ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 02, 2018, 07:19:59 PM
I tried but I'm not establishment enough for PB. For some crazy reason he still believes in that bullshit. ;D

Like I said, you have no concept of nuance of differing ideas within a group.  It's always black and white with you. 

I point that out once again, tell you sometimes I don't agree with Trump, and your response is I'm an Establishment Republican.  Black or white.  At least you never have to actually think for yourself. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on July 03, 2018, 07:05:50 PM
Like I said, you have no concept of nuance of differing ideas within a group.  It's always black and white with you. 

I point that out once again, tell you sometimes I don't agree with Trump, and your response is I'm an Establishment Republican.  Black or white.  At least you never have to actually think for yourself.

You never found anything unsavory about the Bushes, et al?

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 03, 2018, 07:08:01 PM
Ask him about grandpa Nazi Bush.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 02, 2018, 06:01:14 PM
Really?! Were Stroke and Pain leaders?! ??? ::)

I point out not everyone in the FBI, CIA, NSA, etc is a deep state agent, that Obama put the appointees in place to politicize the agency, and that they recruited a certain number of others already within the agency to do the same.

And your response is to reference Stroke and Pain?  Yes, Stroke and Pain would be two of the ones who were recruited within the rank and file that I already mentioned.  Or did you really think 100s of thousands of employees turned on a dime, abandoned years if not decades of excellent professional service to the country, and became anti-Trump stooges overnight?  That's your theory?

That's not how things work.  You are fucking dumb as a rock.  Absolute moron.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on July 03, 2018, 07:14:10 PM
I point out not everyone in the FBI, CIA, NSA, etc is a deep state agent, that Obama put the appointees in place to politicize the agency, and that they recruited a certain number of others already within the agency to do the same.

And your response is to reference Stroke and Pain?  Yes, Stroke and Pain would be two of the ones who were recruited within the rank and file that I already mentioned.  Or did you really think 100s of thousands of employees turned on a dime, abandoned years if not decades of excellent professional service to the country, and became anti-Trump stooges overnight?  That's your theory?

That's not how things work.  You are fucking dumb as a rock.  Absolute moron.

Aw! The truth hurts him. :P

Everything's fine, right? Nothing to see here!  :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: StarrMountain on July 03, 2018, 07:13:17 PM
Ask him about grandpa Nazi Bush.

It's pointless, Starr. He's an establishment toady. ;)

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 03, 2018, 07:17:12 PM
It's pointless, Starr. He's an establishment toady. ;)
No, I don't want to believe that.  He can be reasoned with.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: StarrMountain on July 03, 2018, 07:19:38 PM
No, I don't want to believe that.  He can be reasoned with.

Nah! His feelings get hurt and then he just starts in on the name calling. No better than pud, really and just as partisan.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on July 03, 2018, 07:09:47 PM
Portland Antifa got beat up by Murdoch Chan LOL!

https://twitter.com/BevHillsAntifa7/status/1014291131507458048

To be fair she is a redhead, so it is like he got beat up by two girls.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on July 03, 2018, 07:22:24 PM
Good God it’s happened again!  Is any man safe from women who can’t take a joke. 

https://nypost.com/2018/07/03/wife-says-she-sliced-off-cheating-husbands-penis-then-threw-it-out-the-window/

I know, right?! They're supposed to bury it next to a tree! ::)

Quote from: Metron2267 on July 03, 2018, 05:47:53 PM
Let me clip a few quotes from this article that may fit in the gaps on that:

https://theweek.com/articles/746249/utah-doesnt-need-mitt-romney-already-mike-lee

Utah already has a distinguished conservative senator who was anti-Trump during the campaign. Unlike Romney, he played no role in elevating Trump prior to 2016. He was not associated with the Republican failures that made Trump appealing to so many blue-collar conservatives. And he is not tied to the Iraq and immigration policies of the last administration, about which Trump was closer to being right than was much of the Republican establishment.
That would be Mike Lee, who will, upon Hatch's retirement become the senior senator from Utah.

It seems like a lifetime ago now, but Lee was among a handful of consequential lawmakers to hold firm to his anti-Trump convictions at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland. He also clashed with the RNC over the rules, defying his mild-mannered reputation as he demanded points of order and shouted "No!" on floor votes.
Even after the convention, Lee never endorsed Trump for president. He spelled out the reasons, rooted in policy and temperament, for why he was sitting this one out. He even took a harder line on Trump's outlandish slurs against Sen. Ted Cruz's (R-Texas) father, Rafael Cruz, than Ted Cruz himself.

"We can get into the fact that he accused my best friend's father of conspiring to kill JFK," Lee told NewsMax TV.

The argument against Lee, however, is that he hasn't always channeled the Resistance since Trump has been in the Oval Office. Lee yukked it up with Trump when he slashed two national monuments in Utah, a move local residents viewed as a federal land grab. He's often voted with Trump, has at times defended the administration's policies, and has been somewhat skeptical of the Russia probe.

Romney, who auditioned to become Trump's secretary of state, would do nearly all these things, too. Utah voters want a senator who will vote for conservative bills, even if Trump is the president who ends up signing them into law. If Special Counsel Robert Mueller uncovers clear evidence against Trump, Romney and Lee would be exactly the senators whose votes would be in play to hold the president into account.

Looks to me like they each stand. chance to benefit from Trump despite trashing him earlier.

The guy is such a deal maker! ::)

Trump isn't a conservative, never gave any indication he was.  Yes, based on that and based on what we'd seen of Trump over the past 30 years, based on his personality and temperament and so on, a lot of conservatives preferred someone else in the primary - even with a remarkably weak field to choose from. 

So what?  Lots of people prefer candidates in the primaries who don't win, for a variety of reasons.  At some point it's typical to back that person, either in the general election or when they are in office.  Trump did attack others for no good reason, and they and their friends and supporters had good reason not to campaign for him.  So what? 

That he's turned out far better than expected is an incredible shock.  I think most people in the party - certainly the Conservatives - have supported his policies when they agree with them.  They aren't the ones actively undermining him.  One thing not to be forgotten is Trump created this situation, and did so purposefully.  Not being a stupid person, he knew he was making enemies and ensuring their full support would not be forthcoming.  He did that. 

Moving forward, I would expect Mike Lee to do what he's been doing:  supporting Trump when he agrees with the policy. 

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 03, 2018, 07:08:01 PM

I've had plenty to say about them, some of it was good, most of it not so much.  They were a hell of a lot better than the people you voted for:  Bill Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry, and Berock Obama.

I probably don't bring either of them up much, as George W has been out of office for 9 1/2 years and this is the Trump thread.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 03, 2018, 07:20:55 PM
Nah! His feelings get hurt and then he just starts in on the name calling. No better than pud, really and just as partisan.

When you aren't able to comprehend a pretty basic idea that's short and written in plain English, ignore the part that already answers what you are responding to, and apply your black and white interpretation to it, I'm going to point it out. 

Then I'm going to explain why you didn't get it in the first place

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on July 03, 2018, 07:39:34 PM
When you aren't able to comprehend a pretty basic idea that's short and written in plain English, ignore the part that already answers what you are responding to, and apply your black and white interpretation to it, I'm going to point it out. 

Then I'm going to explain why you didn't get it in the first place

Oh, is that what you were doing?! ::)

BTW, if I were the black and white thinker you say I am I would've never voted for Trump. I would've been one of those duh, duh Republicans who thought that McCain wasn't such a bad guy. ;D

Jackstar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on July 03, 2018, 05:48:58 PM
Surprisingly, it didn’t seem to effect my grade.

THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!!

Jackstar

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on July 03, 2018, 07:14:10 PM
did you really think 100s of thousands of employees turned on a dime, abandoned years if not decades of excellent professional service to the country

9/11
Waco
Ruby Ridge
go eat a bag of dicks

Quote from: Jackstar on July 03, 2018, 09:12:48 PM
9/11
Waco
Ruby Ridge
go eat a bag of dicks

I thought you have me on ignore

Jackstar

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on July 03, 2018, 09:17:57 PM
I thought you have me on ignore

Which is it--you don't know how it works, or you think being repetitive and obtuse is clever?

Wait, wait, don't tell me--it's both.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 03, 2018, 07:42:26 PM
Oh, is that what you were doing?! ::)

BTW, if I were the black and white thinker you say I am I would've never voted for Trump. I would've been one of those duh, duh Republicans who thought that McCain wasn't such a bad guy. ;D

No one ever thought that.  We knew he wasn't Obama.

You're another one who doesn't quite grasp the idea that there are only two possibilities for president in the general election.  At least Pud had the excuse of being new to the country

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on July 03, 2018, 09:19:32 PM
Which is it--you don't know how it works, or you think being repetitive and obtuse is clever?

;D

Quote from: Jackstar on July 03, 2018, 09:19:32 PM

Well, you announce you have me on ignore, and after that you're the first one to respond to my posts.  It's curious.

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 03, 2018, 07:17:12 PM
He's an establishment toady

That is a true story.

It is pretty interesting, how PaperBoy goes on and on and on about some shit in a reasonably erudite tone, and then clams up and moves on to another topic whenever anything remotely challenging surfaces.

It's obvious and pathetic and I hope your gonads rot from the inside out, you disingenuous quisling spam artist whore.