• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

PaulAtreides

Trump clearly does not understand the limits of attorney client privledge.  Trump also doesn't understand that Mueller didn't order the search warrant for his attorney's records.  All Mueller did was pass along evidence of campaign finance law violatons to the FBI.  And now, Trump doesn't understand how Manafort actions during the campaign may constitute criminal acts.  All Trump can do is spew meaningless rants that have no legal significance whatsoever.  He's just not that bright.

ItsOver

Dershowitz: Targeting Trump's lawyer should worry us all

"Civil libertarians should be concerned whenever the government interferes with the lawyer-client relationship. Clients should be able to rely on confidentiality when they disclose their most intimate secrets in an effort to secure their legal rights. A highly publicized raid on the president’s lawyer will surely shake the confidence of many clients in their lawyers’ promises of confidentiality. They will not necessarily understand the nuances of the confidentiality rules and their exceptions. They will see a lawyer’s office being raided and all his files seized.

I believe we would have been hearing more from civil libertariansâ€" the ACLU, lawyer’s groups and privacy advocates â€" if the raid had been on Hillary Clinton’s lawyer. Many civil libertarians have remained silent about potential violations of President Trump’s rights because they strongly disapprove of him and his policies. That is a serious mistake, because these violations establish precedents that lie around like loaded guns capable of being aimed at other targets. I have been widely attacked for defending the constitutional rights of a president I voted against. In our hyper-partisan age, everyone is expected to choose sides: either for or against Trump. But the essence of civil liberties is that they must be equally applicable to all. The silence among most civil libertarians regarding the recent raid shows that we are losing that valuable neutrality."

http://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/382459-dershowitz-targeting-trumps-lawyer-should-worry-us-all

Quote from: PaulAtreides on April 10, 2018, 09:33:46 AM
...  All Mueller did was pass along evidence of campaign finance law violatons to the FBI...

You truly believe Muller didn't collude with U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York to pull this stunt? 

Now that the ''Special Prosecutor'' has done something this egregious, AND it clearly has zero to do with investigating the bullshit Russia investigation, the timing is the best it's going to be for firing this goon and ending the witch hunt.

Unless he wants to ride it out and have Muller issue some phony ''report'' days ahead of the midterms.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on April 10, 2018, 08:57:19 AM
You're not wrong, 21st.  As I've said a number of times, there are so many laws on the books, just about anybody can be pursued for some supposed violation, depending upon the discretion of the state.  Welcome to the revenge of The Deep State.

This is always a popular one*, but you are right that if they want they can find something, even if it some tax or financial deal. That is one, not the only, reason why the US Tax Code is so complex. Give the same data to different accountants or tax lawyers and get different results? Of course, unless certain brazen circumstances, preparers are not liable for mistakes but YOU are when you sign and send in. Also, not FBI won't record interviews. Just rely on 302s, handwritten notes from agent. How convenient.
* https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1001

https://jonathanturley.org/2013/05/11/why-the-fbi-doesnt-record-interrogations/
https://www.wisenberglaw.com/Articles/How-to-Avoid-Going-to-Jail-under-18-U-S-C-Section-1001-for-Lying-to-Government-Agents.shtml

I would suggest Trump fire every single person in an appointed position who served under Obama.  Regardless of what party they're nominally affiliated with.  Something that should have been done on Day One.

And send Sessions packing as well.  If we're going to get back to accountability and the rule of law, someone at Justice needs to open an investigation into Barok Obama and his top aides for a variety of felonies, and an investigation of Hilary Clinton and her felonies.  Their acts were over the top, and the way their Party has conducted itself regarding Trump, they've certainly been asking for it

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on April 10, 2018, 10:11:01 AM
Dershowitz: Targeting Trump's lawyer should worry us all

"Civil libertarians should be concerned whenever the government interferes with the lawyer-client relationship. Clients should be able to rely on confidentiality when they disclose their most intimate secrets in an effort to secure their legal rights. A highly publicized raid on the president’s lawyer will surely shake the confidence of many clients in their lawyers’ promises of confidentiality. They will not necessarily understand the nuances of the confidentiality rules and their exceptions. They will see a lawyer’s office being raided and all his files seized.

I believe we would have been hearing more from civil libertariansâ€" the ACLU, lawyer’s groups and privacy advocates â€" if the raid had been on Hillary Clinton’s lawyer. Many civil libertarians have remained silent about potential violations of President Trump’s rights because they strongly disapprove of him and his policies. That is a serious mistake, because these violations establish precedents that lie around like loaded guns capable of being aimed at other targets. I have been widely attacked for defending the constitutional rights of a president I voted against. In our hyper-partisan age, everyone is expected to choose sides: either for or against Trump. But the essence of civil liberties is that they must be equally applicable to all. The silence among most civil libertarians regarding the recent raid shows that we are losing that valuable neutrality."

http://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/382459-dershowitz-targeting-trumps-lawyer-should-worry-us-all
Precedent set? Cool, let's seize information from Perkins Coie, Moriss Dees's revenue generating outfit, and so many other firms and orgs. Are the Rose records still around somewhere? I say raid psychiatrists and psychologists, temples, and churches also. Who knows what we can find!?  ;) But Foundations should really but gone after, and prosecuting under RICO people who have contributed, not just directors, to any that had any financial malfeasance or political skulduggery.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on April 10, 2018, 08:04:42 AM
Is there anyone in the Republican ranks that could/would be a contender in the future?
President Trump is mired in controversy, and the American public really isn't getting the governance that was promised or needed.
The same policies that President Trump campaigned on wouldn't be so flammable if presented by someone 'Presidential like' .....
Who could lead the Republicans into an election ?

Suck a dick, you globalist faggot whore!  ::)

I look forward to invading your country. ;)

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 10, 2018, 10:33:46 AM
What is a single client lawyer? :D

Well compensated.  Thanks for asking.  But really, do I have to send Guido to your trailer to explain things?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PaulAtreides on April 10, 2018, 10:43:28 AM
Well compensated.  Thanks for asking.

I didn't but leave to a single client lawyer to totally miss the context. ::)

P.S. I took you two shots at that joke to even have a semi-acceptable comeback. ::) ::)

Do your clients automatically get a retrial? :D

Dr. MD MD

To the Democrats having a good laugh right now:

Will you still be laughing when our version of Antifa is unleashed? :D

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 10, 2018, 10:46:32 AM
I didn't but leave to a single client lawyer to totally miss the context. ::)

P.S. I took you two shots at that joke to even have a semi-acceptable comeback. ::) ::)

Do your clients automatically get a retrial? :D

Retrial?  Silly boi.  My client never, ever goes to trail.  That's why I'm so well compensated.  One must really wonder about Cohen.  What lawyer risks criminal prosecution and disbarment  for protecting the likes of Trump from a ho?  Really, really stupid. And Trump will throw him under the bus at first opporunity.  So much for loyalty.

Jackstar

Quote from: PaulAtreides on April 10, 2018, 11:16:27 AM
My client never, ever goes to trail. 

With representations like this, who needs Justice?

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 10, 2018, 10:58:02 AM
... Will you still be laughing when our version of Antifa is unleashed? :D

Fortunately or unfortunately, ''we'' aren't thugs.

''Our'' version of Antifa would be investigating, trying and convicting those responsible for - among other things - selling access to a sitting Senator, a sitting Secretary of State, and the presidential nominee of a major party.  Right there we have accepting bribes, tax fraud, wire fraud, abuse of office, accepting campaign funds from foreign interests, you name it. 

''Our'' version of Antifa would be investigating, trying and convicting those responsible for - among other things - using the IRS to attack conservative groups, and suppress their protected political speech.

''Our'' version of Antifa would be investigating, trying and convicting those responsible for - among other things - lying to the FISA courts in order to falsely obtain warrants, which were then used to spy on Trump,  spy on his campaign, and  spy on the transition team.  The information then unmasked, spread around to various federal departments, and ''leaked'' to the media.

''Our'' version of Antifa would be investigating and exposing the Fake News Media for the dishonest hacks they've become by fighting back every time they lie, spin, and otherwise abuse their First Amendment privileges.  These shitheels have been so egregious in their attacks on the country that there needs to be an official investigation into their activity, and a determination of whether any of it is illegal.  If none of it is illegal, an official report on their sleazy activity would be warranted.

''Our'' version of Antifa would be continuing to carry out the agenda Trump ran on.  As I mentioned here many times, Trump foolishly attacking his own party with stupid tweets means he isn't going to have much support when he needs it most.  I see he isn't doing that much anymore, but the damage is done.  He needs to fire everyone who needs to be fired, then pull his party together and figure out what they are going to do going forward - as far as getting new appointees approved, not getting creamed in the midterms, and getting agenda legislation passed.  Because the game the Congress has been playing isn't working for them.

And so on.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 10, 2018, 11:38:12 AM
Fortunately or unfortunately, ''we'' aren't thugs.

Not in San Franfago, no. You can sit this one out, PB. No shame. ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 10, 2018, 11:39:37 AM
Not in San Franfago, no. You can sit this one out, PB. No shame. ;)

You do know Trump letting things get to this point shows he's not all that bright, right?

At minimum he should have had a solid team ready to go from the beginning (and - not to put too much of a fine point on in - firing all Obama holdovers), and a strategy on how to work with Congress and get his agenda passed in that critical first year.

It would have been nice if he were able to filter himself, or have someone he trusted do so.  Too bad he alienated everyone who could have helped him during the primaries and campaign.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 10, 2018, 11:48:37 AM
You do know Trump letting things get to this point shows he's not all that bright, right?

At minimum he should have had a solid team ready to go from the beginning (and - not to put too much of a fine point on in - firing all Obama holdovers), and a strategy on how to work with Congress and get his agenda passed in that critical first year.

It would have been nice if he were able to filter himself, or have someone he trusted do so.  Too bad he alienated everyone who could have helped him during the primaries and campaign.

I'm still with him and fuck you if you're not, coward! If you haven't noticed we have a two teir justice system. One for them and one for the rest of us. You think they won't rollover you if they have to?!  :D

Dr. MD MD

Just to trigger the stupid leftist idiots here. No, I don't mean Democrats. I mean establishment Republicans. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKMnS-8pXCM

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 10, 2018, 11:59:26 AM
I'm still with him and fuck you if you're not, coward!

Of course you are.  Trumpers exceed at voting against their own interests.  Just be glad that you don't grow soybeans.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PaulAtreides on April 10, 2018, 01:31:45 PM
Of course you are.  Trumpers exceed at voting against their own interests.  Just be glad that you don't grow soybeans.

Don't you have to get back to deep throating your single globalist client? :D

Gd5150

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 10, 2018, 10:58:02 AM
To the Democrats having a good laugh right now:

Don’t worry yourself, they never have a good time. Worse case, Trump gets canned, which won’t happen. But if it did, Pence would be in, and the lemming hate would start all over. They’re incapable of happiness.

We on the other hand don’t have lives who’s happiness requires other people to be miserable. They are fun to trigger. 😎

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gd5150 on April 10, 2018, 01:47:23 PM
Don’t worry yourself, they never have a good time. Worse case, Trump gets canned, which won’t happen. But if it did, Pence would be in, and the lemming hate would start all over. They’re incapable of happiness.

We on the other hand don’t have lives who’s happiness requires other people to be miserable.

What me worry?

I say bring it! 8)

Dr. MD MD

FBI = Federal Bureau of Intimidation 8)